Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Five

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 am

"The ephemeral wailing of a alien orchestra quickly filled the air, luring once again a victim to meet the horrible visages of Nyarlathotep. It opened up a portal to show them the abomination of Demon Sultan Azathoth, and once more took a victim for its cause."

I interpret this as someone was taken for the cause meaning they were recruited to that faction. The player who was target is in all likelihood insane.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 am

Is this text suggesting that there is some sort of zombie creating doc that revives people more than protects them? In that case is doom a zombie? He got killed and revived by probably the same doc. What would zombies do? Also which faction are running after the necronomicon? The remains of the black brotherhood, the shoggots? Are all elder things dead or there is one left? Getting that book might be a wc that ends the game?
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:17 am

betiko wrote:What would zombies do?

Shamble? Eat brains? Depends what movie you're watching. :lol:

Not sure if a zombie is a good or a bad thing. Something to keep an eye on.

I expect that saf and edoc learned something being captive minds last night. Better yet, I'd like to know who the new captive minds are.

So it seems like we're out of Elder Things. That's nice. Just in case, if any more Elder Things would like to give themselves up, please do so now. :lol:
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 am

I'm not a zombie.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 am

Mind explaining more on how you got killed and ressurected, Yoshi? We're probably talking about 2 different ressurections here, since yours got no flavour and this one did, but the more data the merrier.

Commander, what are today's captive minds?
General Rodion

Postby edocsil on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 am

Saf didn't feel like talking yesterday and I had no powers so....

The book would be the necronomicon, and no I don't know of it due to in game flavor. Raises the dead, based on lore it may corrupt another reader after we kill its current wielder.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:49 am

Announcing, his Royal Highness, The Prince Of The Greatest City of Aria ... jonty125.

/ wrote:The flying and swimming minions continued their search, this time for the the book's new holder.

So, I take it ghostly dropped it on death

/ wrote:Once again the prized Necronomicon would be claimed.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 pm

19 players remaining. Evidence indicates:

3 aliens (Commander and crew)
1 cult recruiter + at least 2 recruited members, according to night scenes
1 zombifying doctor
??? - other Black Brotherhood members? (was Strike ALSO a cult recruiter?)
??? - more Shoggoths? (there were 3 Elder Things)

Remember that we always have Rishaed as a target in case we don't find better leads, but with a 1-week deadline starting now I'll be FOSing anyone who rushes through that avenue before saturday.

Finally, I want Vodean/Hippo to exhaust the Nendreel situation today. You got a derphammer that bought you time yesterday, but this ain't happening again today.
General Rodion

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Can someone point me to the post where Yoshi was revived/that discussed? I don't remember anything about it.
betiko wrote:Is this text suggesting that there is some sort of zombie creating doc that revives people more than protects them? In that case is doom a zombie? He got killed and revived by probably the same doc. What would zombies do?
That bit of the scene, as well as some stuff from past nights, is a clear reference to Herbert West–Reanimator. What exactly that means for us is less clear. In the source reanimation universally ends badly for everyone involved.
Rodion wrote:Commander, what are today's captive minds?
Myself, Betiko, and Safariguy. It seems they really like him for some reason.
Captain spiesr

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 pm

General Rodion

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Night Two

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks Rodion. So Doom was killed & resurrected night 2 then?
/ wrote:Once more as the people slept in their beds, the creatures flew and swam in search of a book.
The strange Elder Things once again move in search of their target, this time attacking a sleeping person, but when the neighbors were awoke by the commotion, all that was left were the bloodied sheets and a trail of something being dragged away...

Later than night experiments were conducted, at the end the evidence was buried. Later still the shallow grave was empty.

Finally a strange swarthy man walked these fields for his own purposes, his alien devices glowing in the dark, he...It reveals one of its true visages shifting to a mass of tentacles and limbs, the devices playing their whining infernal piping, a new follower joins the creature.
The orange bit from the night 2 scene leads me to believe that this revival was of the same source as the one last night.
Captain spiesr

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

[quote="Rodion"]3 aliens (Commander and crew)
2 zombifying doctor
??? - more Shoggoths? (there were 3 Elder Things)/quote]

The scene says the zombie doctor has a colleague. In all likelihood they probably have the same role. That, or he's just there to smile and look pretty. :lol:

So that adds up to 8. We've got several humans remaining as well. I'd also think this game would be remiss without a little Cthulhu lovin'. Perhaps there's some overlap?

FP: They must have a really good reason for keeping Saf tied down like this. An explanation might be in order from Comm.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Rodion wrote:3 aliens (Commander and crew)
2 zombifying doctor
??? - more Shoggoths? (there were 3 Elder Things)

The scene says the zombie doctor has a colleague. In all likelihood they probably have the same role. That, or he's just there to smile and look pretty. :lol:

So that adds up to 8. We've got several humans remaining as well. I'd also think this game would be remiss without a little Cthulhu lovin'. Perhaps there's some overlap?

FP: They must have a really good reason for keeping Saf tied down like this. An explanation might be in order from Comm.

EBWOP
Epic Win

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Yes, I'm a captive mind yet again. Betiko and spiesr are my mason buddies.

I can only speculate that they like my JOAT abilities? Probably also helps that I'm one of the few claimed town humans.

Either way, it's kind of difficult for me to have much input without a vote, but I'm beginning to get the feeling the Elder Things may not necessarily be our number one priority. I'd much rather pursue the Nendreel lead over rishaed.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Yes, I'm a captive mind yet again. Betiko and spiesr are my mason buddies.

I can only speculate that they like my JOAT abilities? Probably also helps that I'm one of the few claimed town humans.

Either way, it's kind of difficult for me to have much input without a vote, but I'm beginning to get the feeling the Elder Things may not necessarily be our number one priority. I'd much rather pursue the Nendreel lead over rishaed.

I can only say that Im gonna have to VOTE Saf I don't know why but he lied about my alignment. Taking from the last D4 lynch I can only say that I could not have been aligned with Ghostly. Why, because according to flavor in the scene ALL Elder Things are dead, which makes my alignment to them impossible. Why? Because X is still alive and kicking, and ALL ELDER THINGS have been lynched/ NK'd.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

BTW / can i get a PM with my results from last night?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Yea, I just checked, I am actually undead.

Starfish killed me, but the PM doesn't include any mention of who resurrected me.

Rishaed, unlike Rodion you are my biggest priority today. If you give us player X, it will certainly help keep you alive.

Where/when did saf lie about your alignment?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Rodion wrote:Mind explaining more on how you got killed and ressurected, Yoshi? We're probably talking about 2 different ressurections here, since yours got no flavour and this one did, but the more data the merrier.

vote Rodion

You say the "more data the merrier", and when you want data, you push others to give it. Nothing is wrong with this. Yet you have somehow decided that the data on who commander's partners are is not in the same category.

I say the "more data the merrier", so give the information. Even if you do I have already deduced you are not town, since only non-town roles would act in such a selfish way.

Comm, any details on Rodion's role?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:Mind explaining more on how you got killed and ressurected, Yoshi? We're probably talking about 2 different ressurections here, since yours got no flavour and this one did, but the more data the merrier.

vote Rodion

You say the "more data the merrier", and when you want data, you push others to give it. Nothing is wrong with this. Yet you have somehow decided that the data on who commander's partners are is not in the same category.

I say the "more data the merrier", so give the information. Even if you do I have already deduced you are not town, since only non-town roles would act in such a selfish way.

Comm, any details on Rodion's role?

there must be like 3 towns max total in this game, let's stop pretending we are all town please :lol:
Doesn't mean we can't help them.

Doom, as an undead do you know if your win condition has changed? if so, do you know what would be your priority wc; the undead one, or the worshiping one?

regarding the alien thing, just to tell you that we don't speak to aliens, we just speak between captive minds so nothing we can really learn about them...
Major betiko

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

Also, I'm one of the captive minds today. I can confirm that I am voteless and powerless and that PCM is one of the other captive minds.

As for the killing role, as I've stated before, I'm a human JOAT and one of my abilities is to attempt to kill someone which I haven't tried yet for obvious reasons. Whether or not this is the killing role they are referring to I am not sure.

/ wrote:The final Elder Thing of the group knew it had to keep the Necronomicon away from the waiting sealed Gods. It dove into the sea, on a line back to the Elder Thing’s deep hideaway, passing above the city of Y'ha-nthlei, the creature is swarmed by the Deep One inhabitants,fulfilling the bidding of The Great Cthulhu. Familiar with the attacks and tactics of the anphibous minons of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra, the elder thing surfaces to the air.
The elder thing was fast, but even it could not see the flying monstrosity that in a blink of an eye tore through its wings and sent it barreling back towards the shore.
Helpless, and in the center of the convergence of Human, Byakhee, and Deep One,the Elder thing resigned itself to its fate.

Once again the prized Necronomicon would be claimed.

THIS is why, as I previously stated (and right now lying will get me lynched) I did not target Ghostly, In fact I said that ever since the information came before we had suspicions enough to lynch him. There are a few reasons on why in the world I would think about Saf lying. And I don't think that Comm9's group would keep a Human JOAT so long, something is fishy about Saf, for all I know he might be a zombie right now, but / needs to PM me my Night Action results first. Simply speaking It is impossible for me to be aligned with GHOSTLY because I did not target either him or one of his dead buddies, which I will prove by being ignorant on my WC until the end. I don't why he lied honestly, either he got faulty information or he's hiding something, either way I think he needs lynched.
fp'd by betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:35 pm

rishaed: the Shoggoth probably had the same WC as the Elder Things. Why are you so adamant that nobody else can?

Also, are you sure your action successfully targeted your intended target?

I think jumping on saf is a bit premature.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:37 pm

rishaed wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

Also, I'm one of the captive minds today. I can confirm that I am voteless and powerless and that PCM is one of the other captive minds.

As for the killing role, as I've stated before, I'm a human JOAT and one of my abilities is to attempt to kill someone which I haven't tried yet for obvious reasons. Whether or not this is the killing role they are referring to I am not sure.

/ wrote:The final Elder Thing of the group knew it had to keep the Necronomicon away from the waiting sealed Gods. It dove into the sea, on a line back to the Elder Thing’s deep hideaway, passing above the city of Y'ha-nthlei, the creature is swarmed by the Deep One inhabitants,fulfilling the bidding of The Great Cthulhu. Familiar with the attacks and tactics of the anphibous minons of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra, the elder thing surfaces to the air.
The elder thing was fast, but even it could not see the flying monstrosity that in a blink of an eye tore through its wings and sent it barreling back towards the shore.
Helpless, and in the center of the convergence of Human, Byakhee, and Deep One,the Elder thing resigned itself to its fate.

Once again the prized Necronomicon would be claimed.

THIS is why, as I previously stated (and right now lying will get me lynched) I did not target Ghostly, In fact I said that ever since the information came before we had suspicions enough to lynch him. There are a few reasons on why in the world I would think about Saf lying. And I don't think that Comm9's group would keep a Human JOAT so long, something is fishy about Saf, for all I know he might be a zombie right now, but / needs to PM me my Night Action results first. Simply speaking It is impossible for me to be aligned with GHOSTLY because I did not target either him or one of his dead buddies, which I will prove by being ignorant on my WC until the end. I don't why he lied honestly, either he got faulty information or he's hiding something, either way I think he needs lynched.
fp'd by betiko

I don't know if we have night actions being captive minds to tell the truth. I might be skimming a bit, but didn't get the whole thing I'm into, I think we are release the next day not during the night, I don't know if we are told what aliens do with our powers either. I don't see why saf would be a zombie though.
Also I think it was jak as well who talked about 1 shot actions.

Jonty is back to his insanity.

last: are we going to let swifte and LSU be so useless and just follow through day after day?
Major betiko

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 pm

1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi - survivor human
3.spiesr
5.Iron Butterfly
9.safariguy5 - town human
10.new guy1
11.vodean - survivor human
12.jonty125 - survivor human
13.Nendreel - town human
14.jak111
15.rishaed - survivor human (Aligned with unknown)
18.Commander9 - survivor alien (masoned)
19.edocsil - survivor human
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix
22. Kanin Usagi
24.betiko - survivor human
25.Rodion - ??? human

^ Right now of these people Rodion sticks out to me like crazy. He admits he's human (this is changed slightly from his original change of my post besides his claim) but he puts himself as "???" Human, well it seems there's two types going on, town or survivor humans. The ??? seems to be an alibi if you decide to claim one or the other later on. So for now, Vote Rodion until I hear more on this case.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 pm

I have to recheck, 2 players claimed to be masoned edoc with PCM or with saf I don't remember, i stopped my notes on page 33.
As far as I know jonty is not a claimed survivor human, he's not saying anything, we just know that he had to recite poems and his character is convinced that his normal life is a dream he can't wake up from.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm

betiko wrote:I have to recheck, 2 players claimed to be masoned edoc with PCM or with saf I don't remember, i stopped my notes on page 33.
You seem very confused today. Pancakemix and safariguy have both been able to communicate with others on a temporary basis as the result of being Captive, but neither has claimed to be part of any group.
betiko wrote:As far as I know jonty is not a claimed survivor human, he's not saying anything, we just know that he had to recite poems and his character is convinced that his normal life is a dream he can't wake up from.
Quote for the orange please.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives