Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eleven

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:57 pm

jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Little Witt wrote:Unvote until further notice.
Why?
jonty125 wrote:Everything is a permanent in a temporary world. vote no lynch to see if I have vote.
Is this just a test vote, or do you really think we should go with no lynch today?

I assume the vote count looks something like this at the moment.
Little Witt: 1 vote; Betiko,
thehippo8: 1 vote; spiesr
No Lynch: 1 vote; Jonty?

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch, deadline Wednesday

How can something be a test if everything is real?

Hmmm, I just picked up on it, but why wouldn't you have a vote right now? The only thing you said about last night was that you lost your questioning ability. Plus a NL? At this phase we have multiple targets, so voting No lynch isn't productive either. If anything we have Hippo (claims that he has won and will act as Vig for town), cult targets (PCM and you IMO), and someone who is an SK, right now it could be (Betiko, PCM, You, and Me- for all possible suspects out of everyone). I would wager that the SK is either between you or PCM, so lynching one of you we have a chance to hit SK/cult, SK or just cult. I'll take those odds. unvote vote Jonty
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby / on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Vote count

Little Witt: 1 vote; Betiko
thehippo8: 1 vote;spiesr
jonty125: 1 vote; rishaed
No lynch: 1 vote; jonty125

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch,

Soundman should be back by Tuesday, I will grant an extension until Friday, prodding him if he doesn't post by Wednesday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 pm

thank you very much /.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 pm

rishaed wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Little Witt wrote:Unvote until further notice.
Why?
jonty125 wrote:Everything is a permanent in a temporary world. vote no lynch to see if I have vote.
Is this just a test vote, or do you really think we should go with no lynch today?

I assume the vote count looks something like this at the moment.
Little Witt: 1 vote; Betiko,
thehippo8: 1 vote; spiesr
No Lynch: 1 vote; Jonty?

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch, deadline Wednesday

How can something be a test if everything is real?

Hmmm, I just picked up on it, but why wouldn't you have a vote right now? The only thing you said about last night was that you lost your questioning ability. Plus a NL? At this phase we have multiple targets, so voting No lynch isn't productive either. If anything we have Hippo (claims that he has won and will act as Vig for town), cult targets (PCM and you IMO), and someone who is an SK, right now it could be (Betiko, PCM, You, and Me- for all possible suspects out of everyone). I would wager that the SK is either between you or PCM, so lynching one of you we have a chance to hit SK/cult, SK or just cult. I'll take those odds. unvote vote Jonty

I pretty much agree with what you say here. enough bs by jonty and question dodging. He is insane as hell since a while and it's far from impossible that his insanity makes him kill townies or something like that.
Since I'm the only one going for for witt unvote vote jonty.
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 am

hey / can we get a prod on PCM please? As well as a few others who haven't shown up in awhile.

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 am

Actually I'm leaving my vote there for the moment but if soundman shows up to confirm his status, I still think that we should lynch witt before jonty. I'm not sure hippo can actually NK witt in total security without the whole thing turning out ugly and I don't know how it can screw up everything with witt in someone else's body. Jonty can be dealt with easily tonight.
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 am

unvote

The phrase "the first number not nameable in under ten words" appears to name it in nine words.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby soundman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm back! And in my own body. Personally I would like to lynch Hippo. I believe if we lynch him and Little Witt then we will probably win the game. I prefer to lynch Hippo first because he has a night kill while Witt does not. Vote Hippo.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Oh well, I'm not convinced hippo is a bad guy, he hasn't done much so far to convince me of the opposite. I'm not even sure we would manage to lynch him. Since everyone has confirmed to be in their own body, I will go ahead and put back my vote where it was, I think witt is more of a priority, It could end up in a myslynch if me, hippo or the SK go for his kill tonight. We're not even sure witt is a lonely cult.

unvote vote little witt
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Hippo, if Witt is lynched today what will you do tonight?
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 pm

spiesr wrote:Hippo, if Witt is lynched today what will you do tonight?

What do you want me to do tonight?

If there is no clear answer from you and others then I would simply stick to my theory. If humans do not like my theory and tell me to do something else then, on the basis that I am here to help humans, I will listen. I thought I was clear on that before but hope that is clear now.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Could you vig Jonty? I have a sneaking suspicion he is lying about something, and it makes a clear target for tomorrow. It will let us know if we have to lynch PCM, or if Jonty is cult and/or the SK.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Seven

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Nendreel wrote:3 Elder Things (Lovo, CM5, ghostly)
3 Yith (Kanin, Comm9, NG1)
1 Shoggoth (elon)
1 Black Brotherhood Leader (Strike)
2 Re-Animators (Nen, PCM)
1 Recruiter (Jak)
9 Unaligned JOAT Humans (Chuck, Yoshi, Betiko, Rishaed, Edoc, Vodean, IB, Jonty, chap)
3 Town JOAT humans (Saf, Rodion, spiesr)
1 Town dreamer king (Soundman)
1 Outer God (Hippo)
1 Other (Witt)

betiko wrote:DoomYoshi: normal unaligned? human(targeted twice, zombie, cult)
betiko: normal unaligned? human (killing ability)
jonty125: normal unaligned? human (killing ability)
rishaed: normal unaligned? human (aligned to hippo then changed to survivor? killing ability?)
new guy1, yith
Commander9, yith (cult)
thehippo8, human form yog (killing ability)
pancakemix, reviver doc (killing ability?)
Rodion town joat (targeted twice, zombie, killing ability)
soundman, town dreamer (revived, killing ability?)
spiesr, town doc (revived, formerly? insane, killing ability)
safariguy5, town joat (revived, killing ability?)

Let me post these lists again (not updated by anyone).

Doom turned out to be a cult zombie (whereas Betiko said he was targeted by Cult/zombies)
Rodion turned out to be a zombified town tracker (Betiko said that Rodion had been targeted by zombies)
Other than that, the rest of what Betiko has there seems correct

As to Nendreel - he was right that jak was a recruiter (wiki - that characterer is known as one "gathering legions of followers")
But Nendreel got Chuck right, Doom wrong, Edoc, Vode, IB and chuck right
Arguably Nendreel got Saf, Rodion and everything else right -

So can we trust Nendreel was also right on Betiko and Rishaed originally?

Having regard to Rodion it is reasonable to assume either of Betiko or Rishaed have been zombified?

I suspect that killing Witt is not going to disturb the game one way or the other but it will at least simplify the options. So, while you ponder my post ... I will swing back with our original thoughts and vote Witt 2.0
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

you didn't get it. where did i say that doom and rodion got targeted by zombies? they got tageted for NK and saved by the revivors (twice each), so they became zombies. as far as we know the zombies are not responsible for any NK. all those 4 attempts are most probably done by the same one who NK soundman, saf, spiesr, IB ect; the SK.
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm

betiko wrote:you didn't get it. where did i say that doom and rodion got targeted by zombies? they got tageted for NK and saved by the revivors (twice each), so they became zombies. as far as we know the zombies are not responsible for any NK. all those 4 attempts are most probably done by the same one who NK soundman, saf, spiesr, IB ect; the SK.

And that would be either Jonty or PCM
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

betiko wrote:you didn't get it. where did i say that doom and rodion got targeted by zombies? they got tageted for NK and saved by the revivors (twice each), so they became zombies. as far as we know the zombies are not responsible for any NK. all those 4 attempts are most probably done by the same one who NK soundman, saf, spiesr, IB ect; the SK.

Ah, that's why I have posted that again because I was unsure on that information and what it meant. Not trying to cast suspicion on you Betiko, but you wouldn't be the first person to get duped yourself. I'm happy with that from you, please confirm you are not a zombie and are not zombified. Rishaed, to be fair to Betiko some eoxplanation from you is also required. Pelase confirm that you are also not a zombie or zombified - cheers.

Otherwise, maybe it is as simple as removing Witt 2.0?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Pelase is a real word ... lol (refer here)

But eoxplanation is free to have your own definition attached!

I, of course, meant pelase and explanation! Silly fingers moved to quickly on that damn submit button - but at least I am spelling Betiko right now ;)
ImageImageImage
show

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

No, I haven't been zombified. If I had, I probably would have come out with it much earlier in the game. As far as I know I have not been killed (sucessfully/nonsucessfully) the entire game.For sake of progress and removing cult unvote vote Witt

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 am

looking back at "morning scenes" to count how many people got targeted.

end of night 1:
Many unknown creatures converged that night, amphibious humanoids walked upon land, seeking the means to free their master, winged creatures flew in from the stars beyond, and some in the minds of mankind, unseen by physical senses.
Most notably, the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth spread their wing-like appendages on the surface for the first time since the last ice age, their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air. A sleeping homeless man was their unfortunate target of choice tonight, they set upon him, their teeth blooming like flowers from their starfish-like heads.

1) witt 1.0 and hippo searching for the necronomicon
2) I don't get it. who killed soundman? I don't recognize this character.

end of night 2:
Once more as the people slept in their beds, the creatures flew and swam in search of a book.
The strange Elder Things once again move in search of their target, this time attacking a sleeping person, but when the neighbors were awoke by the commotion, all that was left were the bloodied sheets and a trail of something being dragged away...

Later than night experiments were conducted, at the end the evidence was buried. Later still the shallow grave was empty.

Finally a strange swarthy man walked these fields for his own purposes, his alien devices glowing in the dark, he...It reveals one of its true visages shifting to a mass of tentacles and limbs, the devices playing their whining infernal piping, a new follower joins the creature.

1.someone got NK by elder things and got revived by PCM (doom's first attempt I think)
2.that is someone converting to cult i think, looks like commander/witt

end of night 3
The abyssal pipes from last night sound again in a person's house, rumbling loudly from the cacophony, as well as the movements of the massive creature within. this time the creature sinks down into the summoning circles, slinking back into the shifting outer chaos of its home realm.

Elsewhere the Elder Things seek out their targets once more, this time they come across a man doing strange incantations while reading from a book the the creature are surprised, for the first time in thousands of eons, they hear another species speaking a recognizable tongue, a tongue of enemies to all life, words that greet with open arms horrors that could easily crush this planet. The Elder things rip this man apart, taking his book into their own possession, lest the flying beasts, or swimming hybrids take it for their own purposes.

Just as it seemed the Elder Things had struck a major victory against an ancient threat, a human jumps down from a nearby roof, landing a lucky blow against the previous inhabitants of the lands.

1) i don't get the first paragraph, jak recruiting cult right?
2) i guess the black brotherhood leader, strike wolf, was just the original necronomicon holder. When he got killed it passed to lovo, then to jonty when he hammered and then to hippo.
3)I am the one who killed CM4 the elder thing

end of night 4:
There were many attempted kills that night, some succeeded, some failed, one in particular had a very bad ending. A human, at least someone who appeared to be a human, stabbed another human in the chest. Waiting, hidden close by was a doctor, this was not any ordinary doctor, he dragged the body away, making certain his patient was fully dead. He and his collegue worked well into the night, testing another batch of their reanimation formula. It moved, mindless, trashing about in a fit. Once again a failure.

They shot the creature, killing it once more and buried it out in the Potter's Field, but it would rise again later that night...

The ephemeral wailing of a alien orchestra quickly filled the air, luring once again a victim to meet the horrible visages of Nyarlathotep. It opened up a portal to show them the abomination of Demon Sultan Azathoth, and once more took a victim for its cause.

Another murder occurred that night, the killer stalking his victim before shooting him in the back, quickly running away afterwards.

The flying and swimming minions continued their search, this time for the the book's new holder.

1) again an attempt on doom or rodion, second zombie. "they shot the creature" who the revivers?? yeah looks like doom or rodion got targeted twice that same night.
2)another follower for jak
3)me killing chuck
4) witt 1.0 and hippo looking for the necronomicon

If someone wants to carry on with the next end of night scenes, I think it's really interesting to look back on these now that we understand most of the game mechanics.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 am

oh and by the way, forgot to answer hippo but indeed I am 100% fully alive, never revived nor zombified. but I hold nothing against revived, just zombified that i want to get rid of.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 am

sorry for the triple posting. This isn't important anymore but just to satisfy my curiosity.

Most notably, the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth spread their wing-like appendages on the surface for the first time since the last ice age, their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air. A sleeping homeless man was their unfortunate target of choice tonight, they set upon him, their teeth blooming like flowers from their starfish-like heads.

I think it means that elder things are the creators of the shoggoth and that they are the ones that killed soundman? I thing we got hell of lucky to kill all 3 elder things + the shoggoth in no time...
Major betiko

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three, Need Reserves

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:59 am

betiko wrote:I think it means that elder things are the creators of the shoggoth and that they are the ones that killed soundman? I thing we got hell of lucky to kill all 3 elder things + the shoggoth in no time...

/ wrote:The perfidious Shoggoths may have failed at their task directly, but that did not mean that the Elder Things were meant to survive...
This line from the Day 3 lynch suggests that the Shoggoth was opposed to the Elder Things.

In regards the the zombie situation it seems to be fairly clear that a zombie was created Night 2, another Night 4, and then both of those two were killed and revived again on Night 5. So, DoomYoshi and Rodion were actually double zombified (which probably doesn't mean anything) and nobody else was.
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm just a normal unaligned human, in a world where everybody has a secret allegiance.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 pm

betiko wrote:sorry for the triple posting. This isn't important anymore but just to satisfy my curiosity.

I think it means that elder things are the creators of the shoggoth and that they are the ones that killed soundman? I thing we got hell of lucky to kill all 3 elder things + the shoggoth in no time...

You are right here. . . We got extremely lucky not only w/ the elder things and shoggoth, but also with Jak. We only have as many ppl as we do b/c Nendreel revived a bunch,otherwise we would be down to 5/6 players right now. :cry:

Postby / on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Vote Count

Little Witt: 3 votes; Betiko, thehippo8, rishaed
thehippo8: 2 votes;spiesr, soundman

10 alive 5 to lynch, deadline Friday

The following people have been prodded
safariguy5
new guy1
pancakemix
Sergeant 1st Class /

PreviousNext