Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five, One Needed

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:13 pm

spiesr wrote:Three questions.
1. How many Elder Gods are there?
2. What is their win condition?
3. How do you know these things?

1.) I assume they are like the Elder Things so I am thinking 3 max. (2 is under powered for a mafia/baddie, and 4 maybe, but Elder Things were a baddie as well from what we can tell).
2.) It is to collect that book and outnumber humanity I believe. Most I take is from the evidence of the scenes. They are looking for the book, they are sealed, they are staying hidden, put all three together and it's not a good WC for sure.
3.) Only using my own brain to piece the whole puzzle together.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby Commander9 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Also, please extend the deadline.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Commander9 wrote:Also, please extend the deadline.

The deadline has already been extended to Thursday.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 pm

jak111 wrote:
betiko wrote:IB gets to double vote here too?? :D ;) nice skimming by the way, I might have mentioned in like 10 posts that I can't vote today, and it might have been mentioned like 20 times by others that saf, spiesr and myself are captives and not voting for the day.
And yes, I have asked you quite many times to confirm or deny my alignment result i got from you since 3 days and you seem to think that by ignoring me over and over I will let go. I think you know by now that when someone ignores me deliberately like that it doesn't make me let go on it, for as much wifom you are now trying to throw in to gain some more time.

regarding the votes, i don't get it... shouldn't it be 7 to lynch? 10 majority -3 captive minds? or with IB's double vote / counts 17 votes total?

Betiko, you interested in the new plan I just suggested? It will make the town back off with their votes if they wish to win. Right now they are already outnumbered by cult, aliens, and Elder Gods, but assuming the aliens do not side with the cult and survivors for auto win once we recruit town, then all we require is one more person to attach themselves to us and the town will be forced to play our game.

as an unaligned third party none voter today, you're asking the wrong person to save your ass. Worst thing is that I think you could've done something interesting here, but you ruined it with too many contradictions. Possibly it could ve worked and you could've changed that many WC and your solution could've lead to more winners, but so many lies makes it difficult to trust you. And you forgot to tell about the book which i'm not sure you hold and that seems important to you.

fastposeted. ok cool for the deadline, today was nuts!
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:23 pm

betiko wrote:IB gets to double vote here too?? :D ;) nice skimming by the way, I might have mentioned in like 10 posts that I can't vote today, and it might have been mentioned like 20 times by others that saf, spiesr and myself are captives and not voting for the day.
And yes, I have asked you quite many times to confirm or deny my alignment result i got from you since 3 days and you seem to think that by ignoring me over and over I will let go. I think you know by now that when someone ignores me deliberately like that it doesn't make me let go on it, for as much wifom you are now trying to throw in to gain some more time.

regarding the votes, i don't get it... shouldn't it be 7 to lynch? 10 majority -3 captive minds? or with IB's double vote / counts 17 votes total?

Yes you have...I make mistakes when I'm tired. Its not that I skim...as I have explained before in other games I have a hard time processing information, I screw up names, reverse numbers...my little mafia cross to bear.

And I have been ignoring you for a reason. Why would I divulge such crucial information in a cult game? You did an investigation do I need to confirm to you that your results are correct and would that prove your results are correct? Giving you an answer would be a no win for me and solve nothing. You may as well ask everyone else the same question today.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 pm

betiko wrote:as an unaligned third party none voter today, you're asking the wrong person to save your ass. Worst thing is that I think you could've done something interesting here, but you ruined it with too many contradictions. Possibly it could ve worked and you could've changed that many WC and your solution could've lead to more winners, but so many lies makes it difficult to trust you. And you forgot to tell about the book which i'm not sure you hold and that seems important to you.

fastposeted. ok cool for the deadline, today was nuts!

Alright, I'll make you a good deal (well hopefully others add their own) But give me things in point form that I lied about/you don't trust me, and I will either tell you it's the truth if I haven't already or why I lied originally and I will give a pretty damn reasonable reason of why.

As far as the book goes, I know who has it due to night conversations and revelations of some unknown's town roles. Right now the book is in good hands and as far as I know it would do jack all in my hands. The reason why it matters a lot to me recently is because the scenes point toward the Elder Gods needing it to become unsealed, I do not know what FULLY happens when they become unsealed but do you believe it to be for the greater good of the people? The Elder Gods have provided no information, no claims, etc etc. I have, and I've provided information about the sealing and unsealing that would otherwise be left unknown to many of you.

All I ask for in return for my help to win with multiple people is the chance to make that win possible. If I die, the cult and town are official enemies from that point onward (I would not be around to cult them to our side). Like I've said, they're creating more enemies than they must.

Why must they expand the list from 3 to 9 enemies? Right now the enemies just include the Elder Gods as where as if I die, they cannot win with cult nor Rishaed. Creating a bonus list of enemies.

What do the Aliens think? Is it foolish to create more enemies than needed at this point? Your goal is to survive, one of yours is with me and the remaining two would have to pick between Elder Gods and humans. If they choose humans they must kill off every non town/non survivor and this is if there isn't another survivor that has already sided with someone else.

But I'm done fighting for tonight, a continued war between the town and the cult is reckless and weakens both sides chances of coming close to their WC's. The best I can hope for is a single survivor decides that an auto win is a better option and threatens to join the Cult if town do not release the pressure of lynch votes.

Fastposted by Iron, answer the man Iron. You want a chance to win as well, answering to Betiko, a confirmed non aligned human is your best chance.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Sorry for the double post but this is just so that the survivors can weigh their options right now.

There are 19 people in this game at the moment.

5 are Cult
3 are Elder Gods
2 are aliens
3 are unaligned humans (roughly)
1 is Elder Thing aligned survivor
5 are town (supposedly from numbers left)

Right now everyone can work together to mutually benefit everyone (besides Elder Gods). But if the town have their ignorant ways right now (ignorant is not bad btw, so hopefully / you are not reading it as that) they will OFFICIALLY create certain faction break-ups.

Group 1
4 are Cult (4 left if I die)

Group 2
5 are town

Group 3
3 are Elder Gods

Group 4
1 is Elder Thing aligned survivor

Group 5
2 are aliens
3 are unaligned survivors

With the above, town would have to rely on 5 survivors to side with them to win, if even ONE decides town isn't worth it they are outnumbered by other parties.

Now let's look at it if I have my way.

Group 1
3 are Elder Gods (2 if we lynch right today)

Group 2
6 are cult
2 are alien
3 are unaligned survivors

Group 3
1 Elder Thing aligned Survivor (waiting to be culted)
4 are town (waiting to be culted)

As you can see, if I have my way, I count 11 people able to fulfill their WC by tomorrow, and more people will be recruited in the following days. All I need is 1 alien or survivor to force town to play ball and we got this.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 pm

But Jak, if there are 5 people who would need to be recruited the cult would have the majority and cause an end game before you could recruit them all. (Depending on who gets killed.)
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I know all.

I know who has the necromicon.

I know all the roles.

It does not help me to know these things.

I only want to find my true love.

I am beyond all.

I only want to find my true love.

I am alone.

Jak is not my true love and I fear he will steal my true love away forever.

unvote vote jak
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

spiesr wrote:But Jak, if there are 5 people who would need to be recruited the cult would have the majority and cause an end game before you could recruit them all. (Depending on who gets killed.)

Hmm, I see the problem there, this would have been a better plan had I not been stopped from recruiting town TWICE. Although the survivors need to realize that my faction that can constantly expand is the better choice for them. But what you ask is indeed bad for anyone who isn't in the group. But let me do some quick math behind it.

Right now, assuming NO ONE dies at night (we block the right killer).

Right now, if no one died and we just recruited to where we outnumbered town, we'd get all of the town and aligned humans. But now let's say they get kills in the night (the Elder Gods) then tomorrow 18 people and 6 cult, 5 non wins, next day, 17 people, 7 cult, 4 non wins, next day, 16 people, 8 cult, 3 non wins... 3 people would lose, let me think here.

We can go until the cult is 1 or 2 below half of the people, since we can still win if we die but cult is alive at endgame then we can start sacrificing the non important members of our cult to make room for the townies and Rishaed until enough room remains to achieve that. Does that sound like a plan to you Spiesr?

Fastposted, and now I die with the vote count and the factions have been split due to the town's rash decisions. To the remaining cult: Don't help the town, they are no longer able to win with us. To the survivors (and alien company): There's still an easy win if you side with what is left of my cult. The enemies have made themselves clear and if even one of you are no longer aligned as survivor the town cannot win.

So good luck, I've seen this coming for a while and I will say that most likely the entire Elder Gods mafia is on my wagon whether they be at the start, middle, or end.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Although, I must ask / while he is doing the vote tally. Why is it 8 to lynch out of 19? 3 people lost their votes due to mind take overs yes, but that leaves 16 able voters. 9 would be needed for the majority, no?

If you can't explain that to everyone publicly, send it to me in pm, I am interested into why that is.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm

jak111 wrote:Although, I must ask / while he is doing the vote tally. Why is it 8 to lynch out of 19? 3 people lost their votes due to mind take overs yes, but that leaves 16 able voters. 9 would be needed for the majority, no?

If you can't explain that to everyone publicly, send it to me in pm, I am interested into why that is.

17 with ib's double vote.
oh well, at l-1 no one even unvote to get the discution continuing for 2-3 days..
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 pm

I believe hippo just lynched him.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 pm

betiko wrote:
jak111 wrote:Although, I must ask / while he is doing the vote tally. Why is it 8 to lynch out of 19? 3 people lost their votes due to mind take overs yes, but that leaves 16 able voters. 9 would be needed for the majority, no?

17 with ib's double vote.
oh well, at l-1 no one even unvote to get the discution continuing for 2-3 days..

Still that last plan I came up with was quite good if I do say so myself ^^ and would have caused the problems Spiesr pointed out to be fixed. If I can save my hide by pointing out a vote count flaw maybe I can yet convert people toward a multi way win. But when I saw Hippo online I knew he was going to vote for me when my plan was coming together quite well in the sense that it would benefit people.

Fastposted by Rishaed, Hippo did lynch me, but I am hoping that / counted wrong and that I may yet have the chance to get town to cooperate and not make the rest of the game into a bloodbath.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 pm

I mean what's the hurry? Things could have worked out right? However I am going to point to Hippos PR right now. He's using one liner's in the last coupla posts that he's had. My question is WHY?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 pm

jak111 wrote:Still that last plan I came up with was quite good if I do say so myself ^^ and would have caused the problems Spiesr pointed out to be fixed. If I can save my hide by pointing out a vote count flaw maybe I can yet convert people toward a multi way win. But when I saw Hippo online I knew he was going to vote for me when my plan was coming together quite well in the sense that it would benefit people.
The last plan still has a flaw that the cult has no incentive to kill off their own members to make room for new ones. Putting aside any potential disturbances (like you getting killed) it still relies on the cult to counter-intuitively delay their victory for no tangible gain.
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 pm

spiesr wrote:Aliens, since you rudely took my vote without asking permission please apply it to Jak with all due haste.

Sure. If you still want me to vote for you, say so now and I will. I'm the one in your body, after all.

This whole "win with the cult" thing is not to my liking. If I've not been recruited yet, then I DON'T WANT TO BE RECRUITED. If my win condition is not "win when cult outnumbers everyone else," then I'm going to try my damnedest to avoid heading that way. That's all there is to it.

Also, I am not the one who has been recruited. That being said, I DON'T KNOW if one of us has been recruited. If NG or Comm9 have been recruited, neither one has informed me. However, I am still aligned with the alien's WC, which is only to survive until end game.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 pm

jak111 wrote:Still that last plan I came up with was quite good if I do say so myself ^^ and would have caused the problems Spiesr pointed out to be fixed. If I can save my hide by pointing out a vote count flaw maybe I can yet convert people toward a multi way win. But when I saw Hippo online I knew he was going to vote for me when my plan was coming together quite well in the sense that it would benefit people.

Having half the people you are trying to convince lose isn't exactly fixing the problem.

I must admit, I'm curious as to how you planned to survive NK's.

fp'd a couple of times
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
spiesr wrote:Aliens, since you rudely took my vote without asking permission please apply it to Jak with all due haste.
Sure. If you still want me to vote for you, say so now and I will. I'm the one in your body, after all.
Thank you for your cooperation. It probably won't matter at this point since Jak appears to have been lynched but throwing it on shouldn't hurt anything.
What is important now is trimming the cult numbers at night. One of my ability is to attempt a kill. Do you have access to this ability? I tried using it before on a non-human target, but it seems to have failed. As such I think it might only work on humans. So I would request you try to have me kill DoomYoshi tonight as he is the only person we know for sure is a human cult member.

As for the cult member among your ranks, it seems like Commander is the most likely target. He confirmed having talked with Jak back when Jak was going by his fake claim. There is no evidence that Jak would have such a one shot mason ability as a cult leader. So be careful, Commander may no longer have your best interests in mind.
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

spiesr wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:
Thank you for your cooperation. It probably won't matter at this point since Jak appears to have been lynched but throwing it on shouldn't hurt anything.
What is important now is trimming the cult numbers at night. One of my ability is to attempt a kill. Do you have access to this ability? I tried using it before on a non-human target, but it seems to have failed. As such I think it might only work on humans. So I would request you try to have me kill DoomYoshi tonight as he is the only person we know for sure is a human cult member.

As for the cult member among your ranks, it seems like Commander is the most likely target. He confirmed having talked with Jak back when Jak was going by his fake claim. There is no evidence that Jak would have such a one shot mason ability as a cult leader. So be careful, Commander may no longer have your best interests in mind.

Thanks, I will keep this last point in mind. I will say, Comm9 has been extremely quiet with us lately. Hopefully if we kill cult leader, the others will convert to their old WC's. This is probably the first game to ever have a cult leader attempt to convince everyone else to let him win. xD Hahahaha.

I've still not decided exactly which JOAT ability I want to use. They're all interesting, but if I decide to use that particular ability, then I'll let you know if I can.

And finally (just to be safe) vote Jak111.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Also, the kill ability is worded interestingly. It says attempt to kill. I'm not sure I want to use my night action on an ability that may or may not work depending on the dice, ya know?
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Sorry, I come back a day later and 10 pages of text assault my mind.

Ow.

Anyways, to answer Doom's question, I never claimed I had a changing win condition. I commented on how strange it was that you guys did. I've always been town aligned and never have any chance to change my WC. But yes, I do share similar JOAT type abilities as you guys do.

And to answer rishaed, the PM said that you were the same alignment as ghostly. Says nothing about having the same WC. It's possible for people to have different WC's while both having the same alignment.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Little Witt on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 pm

What I don't understand is how people know who has the book. Because if the info was posted right out there in the forum and an EG or something found it we could all be screwed! I just hope the EG's don't get it. I plan on getting that 1yr premium and I don't want to lose that chance because someone wasn't smart and posted a hint on who had the book.

And I am agreeing on your guys posts, jak was clearly trying to trip us up good, but now he looks like hes lynched. Thank goodness, maybe I will now have a break from reading all his massive posts about his perfect plan filled with flaws.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby / on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Vote Count

Jak: 9 votes: rodion, IB, little witt, nendreel, jonty, Pancake, ???, thehippo8, Kanin Usagi
Rodion: 2 votes: rishaed, doom
IB: 1 vote: jak

19 alive 8 to lynch

Eight is the correct number for today because of certain mechanics.
that's a lynch, scene tomorrow, feel free to talk until then.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Rodion by own admission was captive D3&N3 I watched Comm9 N3 when Jak visited him. Thus I can conclude that Comm9 and Doom are both Culties right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives