Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Thirteen

Postby new guy1 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:11 pm

I would plead that you let me search everyone, but that would obviously not be favorable for you. Again, if my race could recruit or anything then we would have every single one of you already recruited/arsoned/whatever else is possible and I would have won the game on an earlier day. We proved that by checking everyone's bodies. Therefore, I would ask that you be able to rule me out, since I obviously havent killed/recruited/arsoned/anything else you all. I would think it was obvious my role was not malicious towards everyone. Im going to check everyone's roles again (or at least what they claimed) to see if I can bring anything to the table for the humans to finish this game off. If you wanted, we could no lynch, let me check pancake, and I would switch out of his body and let you lynch him if he were malicious. I am willing to make just about any deal with you so long as I live.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry for the double post, all of you were revived, so if your WC's changed to killing pancake, then you can obviously act on it since you are the majority, just throwing that out there in case earlier assumptions were correct. Also, soundman is a dreamwalker, so that may have a weird twist to it, and I believe you two (or at least safari) were the JOAT type humans, but I cant remember yours speiser.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Yes, I have my vote back. My sleeping result was to look back and see a night action. The PM said spiesr asked Yog-Sothoth for information on Night 7. I suppose PCM or newguy would be targets for lynch, although I think we have some time to think about who we should lynch first.

Fastposted by newguy. Yeah spiesr would be a JOAT based on my sleep result.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Well you see newguy, at present we can't rule out that you (or pancakemix for that matter) were recruited by the cult. So you might still be a threat to the town without a kill or anything to back it up with. From the night scenes the cult may have made as many as three successful recruitments, and we have only seen 2 recruits die. There may be one more left. Soundman was dead during the period when cult was recruiting and Safariguy and myself were killed after that, so those three can be ruled out.
safariguy5 wrote:Fastposted by newguy. Yeah spiesr would be a JOAT based on my sleep result.
If you look at what my role was revealed to be when I died you will see that my role is technically "Doctor," that I do have the same sleep, ask Yog, and attempt to kill abilities as everyone else so I could be described as JOATish in this case.

And safari, I would still like some sort of explanation about this:
spiesr wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I never said that I was insanity proof.
Didn't you ever see what / listed your role as when you died?
/ wrote:safariguy5, Randolph Carter, Town Insanity-Proof Human
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 am

safariguy5 wrote:I suppose PCM or newguy would be targets for lynch, although I think we have some time to think about who we should lynch first.
So, are we going to discuss this or just sit around and wait for the answer to fall out of the sky? And can someone get Soundman in here?

Anyhow a random tidbit for us to think about: After Hippo's death Betiko and rishaed were revealed to have worshiped him. (Which makes them seemingly killing each other hilarious in hindsight.) This raises some questions in regards to the action that showed he had worshiped ghostly. Was that result simply incorrect? Did rishaed get to change his worship after ghostly died? Does any of this matter with all the humans now dead?
Additionally at some point Vodean was revealed to have worshiped the cult. (/, can you tell us when that info was supposed to have been revealed?) Does that mean to cult is all gone now or something? Or just the exact member Vodean had worshiped? Interestingly because of these things Iron Butterfly is now the only dead Human who is listed with an unknown alignment. Why is that? Is the faction/person he worshiped still alive? Is said thing a threat?
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:13 pm

spiesr wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose PCM or newguy would be targets for lynch, although I think we have some time to think about who we should lynch first.
So, are we going to discuss this or just sit around and wait for the answer to fall out of the sky? And can someone get Soundman in here?

Anyhow a random tidbit for us to think about: After Hippo's death Betiko and rishaed were revealed to have worshiped him. (Which makes them seemingly killing each other hilarious in hindsight.) This raises some questions in regards to the action that showed he had worshiped ghostly. Was that result simply incorrect? Did rishaed get to change his worship after ghostly died? Does any of this matter with all the humans now dead?
Additionally at some point Vodean was revealed to have worshiped the cult. (/, can you tell us when that info was supposed to have been revealed?) Does that mean to cult is all gone now or something? Or just the exact member Vodean had worshiped? Interestingly because of these things Iron Butterfly is now the only dead Human who is listed with an unknown alignment. Why is that? Is the faction/person he worshiped still alive? Is said thing a threat?

Really? Only 26 hours since the start of the day and you want me prodded? We have time and I'm usually busy on weekends.

Spiesr - Town
Saf - Town
New Guy - Yith
PCM - Third party
Soundman - Town

I can keep New Guy from switching bodies tonight. So I'm thinking we should lynch PCM today and see if that does it. Maybe... I believe that Nendreel was a 'good' guy and if that's true then wouldn't his partner be too? Now I'm leaning towards lynching New Guy...

But one thing first. /, is Saf's color on the first page suppose to be a different color than me and Spiesr?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby new guy1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Nendreel was his own party, he revived players but that does not necessarily mean that his partner had the same intentions and such, therefore, please rule him back in. I would offer to check everyone, which I feel is redundant because if I was trying to take over everyone/kill/cultify(new word) then my mission would have been done already. I or my face have already possessed every single remaining player in the game and your WC's did not change, you did not die, all that happened was we took your vote for the night which we needed for throwing in opinions. If we were malicious, then when you discovered commander and discovered that you were not in your own bodies day two, we could have left you in the dark about our roles and not told you the mechanics of them, but we decided to come out and help humans. Seriously guys, please look at all the help our group has given you. We revealed all the roles that we could not take over by telling you we could not take them, therefore making them all god's/cultists/elder things. We have eliminated your threats, except for this hidden one, which thinking about it may be you guys, since you may have to pick a god to worship or cant all survive or something.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 pm

spiesr wrote:Well you see newguy, at present we can't rule out that you (or pancakemix for that matter) were recruited by the cult. So you might still be a threat to the town without a kill or anything to back it up with. From the night scenes the cult may have made as many as three successful recruitments, and we have only seen 2 recruits die. There may be one more left. Soundman was dead during the period when cult was recruiting and Safariguy and myself were killed after that, so those three can be ruled out.
safariguy5 wrote:Fastposted by newguy. Yeah spiesr would be a JOAT based on my sleep result.
If you look at what my role was revealed to be when I died you will see that my role is technically "Doctor," that I do have the same sleep, ask Yog, and attempt to kill abilities as everyone else so I could be described as JOATish in this case.

And safari, I would still like some sort of explanation about this:
spiesr wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I never said that I was insanity proof.
Didn't you ever see what / listed your role as when you died?
/ wrote:safariguy5, Randolph Carter, Town Insanity-Proof Human

Perhaps I indeed am insanity proof. I just never trusted myself to ask Yog for information as my role flavor indicated sanity may be an issue (but then again, who in the Lovecraft universe is always completely sane?) and at this point, I see no real reason to risk anything alignment wise by asking him for information. I'm in favor of lynching PCM and seeing if that's endgame if soundman can block newguy anyways.

vote PCM
Captain safariguy5

Postby / on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm

soundman wrote:
But one thing first. /, is Saf's color on the first page suppose to be a different color than me and Spiesr?

No, I didn't even notice it was.
Fixed
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 pm

If you are answering questions can you answer this one for me /?
At what time was Vodean's alignment in the list of dead people supposed to change from Unknown Alignment to Cult Worshiping?
Captain spiesr

Postby / on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 pm

spiesr wrote:If you are answering questions can you answer this one for me /?
At what time was Vodean's alignment in the list of dead people supposed to change from Unknown Alignment to Cult Worshiping?

I was going to reveal it upon the death of the one he was directly worshiping, in this case it was Comm/Witt.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby new guy1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 pm

I can be worshiped? Hmm, who knew? Well if you guys worship me then we should win the game, right?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 pm

new guy1 wrote:I can be worshiped? Hmm, who knew? Well if you guys worship me then we should win the game, right?
All of the players who had the worship ability are dead. There are three Townies left, along with you and pancakemix. So it stands to reason that someone must be a threat to the town. (Or possibly have a condition and prevents endgame until it is resolved, although nobody is claiming one.)
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 am

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I can be worshiped? Hmm, who knew? Well if you guys worship me then we should win the game, right?
All of the players who had the worship ability are dead. There are three Townies left, along with you and pancakemix. So it stands to reason that someone must be a threat to the town. (Or possibly have a condition and prevents endgame until it is resolved, although nobody is claiming one.)

Well obviously someone isnt going to claim it, but still I didnt even know I was a god/worshipable figure. The more you know :lol:
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 am

new guy1 wrote:Well obviously someone isnt going to claim it, but still I didnt even know I was a god/worshipable figure. The more you know :lol:
From what I can tell anyone is a valid worship target. Jonty seems to have worshiped Betiko despite Betiko being another Human.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Well obviously someone isnt going to claim it, but still I didnt even know I was a god/worshipable figure. The more you know :lol:
From what I can tell anyone is a valid worship target. Jonty seems to have worshiped Betiko despite Betiko being another Human.

Seriously? How am I this confused on one of the last days? I thought only gods could be worshiped.... oh well. lol
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Vote Count

Pancake: 1 vote; Safari

5 alive 3 to lynch, deadline Sunday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Well, it doesn't look like we are getting anywhere today. Just going to have to pick one and go with it. Are are certain that you will be able to prevent newguy from possessing anybody Soundman? (ie will your block actually work against that?)

Vote Pancakeminx, unless you can come up with a reason for me not to.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

It does not matter. I will not be attempting to change bodies anyways because I want you all to trust me if for some reason the game does not end after this. All I am looking to do is survive, and I dont care who I win with, therefore hopefully theres not a person who has worshiped another player or whatever, because if I lose I would be very upset.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Let's do this. Vote PCM.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby / on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Vote Count

Pancake: 3 votes; Safari, spiesr, soundman

That's a lynch, scene soon.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 am

Since Dr. Herbert West's death four night's ago, I have been contemplating what actions to take. Recalling the days with my friend years ago as students attending Miskatonic Medical School here in Arkham, when I first became consumed with the diabolism of his experiments. I now realize that I have no further actions to take, because since those days I have been falling steadily toward my current fate.
My life isn't in my own control, I have been mad since the first time I saw those brainless shambling masses once known as human; since the first time I heard the piercing shriek that we wrongly caused to echo onto this world.
Now only by looking back I can see the path I have been walking into the pits of abysses meant to be untreaded by man. The bizarre world beyond the stars, the haunting melodies of Nyarlathotep, the wreckage of what was once my companion's workshop; these things are forever burned into my mind, they are horrible, haunting, and yet they have changed me to the point where my only desire is more time to reintroduce this malign influence upon the world.

That is why my fate is what it is. That is why I will soon be stopped.

show

Endgame has been reached, give me a few days to wrap things up and announce the winners.
All rules are now void, everyone in or out of the game may talk about whatever they wish.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Postby new guy1 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:04 am

Sweet! Thank you all for the awesome game, thank you / for the amazing modding, roles and flavor, it truly did make the game a delight, and this has woven its way into being one, if not my favorite game that I have participated in. Good game everyone!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:05 am

A most outstanding game. one of the best I have played in. With the amount of information involved you were superb /.

And YES!! I worshiped Newguy1 seeing how the Yith win condition offered the best chance to win knowing i would eventually be killed.

And for the record Betiko you were scummy with the way you were trying to pry information from me as your mason Buddy. It served no purpose to be honest or open with you simply because we were masoned for a night. I knew something was fishy with you and i was proven right.

... :lol: Nice job begging for your life newguy...you had me worried they were going to lynch you.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am

Alright guys, I was insane since night 1. all I have said is true, except that I went to sleep night 1 and I became insane for that. I've had ALL game a PR; I had to talk either of undead, lonelyness or uglyness. Ever noticed how many times I thought someone was up to something ugly, that I was the only one to do this or that or how much I talked about zombies? :lol: :lol:
My WC after becoming insane was to kill all humans. But I didn't need to kill revived humans. Therefore by endgame I wasn't lying, I could work with town, they were all revived and needed jonty, rishaed and PCM to win. I went thorugh an agreement with soundman; kill PCM this last day if I helped lynching Hippo.
I had used my worship ability when I got pretty sure he would find the necronomicon. His mortal enemy dead and the necronomicon found I thought it was very likely hippo did acheive his WC.
So technically all non revived humans are dead, but / told me I lost my insanity after dying (which I find a bit strange because I was told before that I didn't need to survive endgame, and "ghosts" of insane people are supposed to ahunt and remain insane...); otherwise, my other WC being the hippo alignment I guess I have a chance there... funny to be in a situation where I don't know if I won or not! :D
Anyway, rishaed is exactly like me! IB dude, I wasn't aligned with anyone when we were masoned, I wasn't lying. And your attitude really made me want to switch target on you. I didn't kill you though, and as I was telling you that day I wanted to target rishaed who resulted being a serial killer... who ended killing you & me!!! lol.
I don't remember why the hell I switched to chapcrap (the first chap attempt where I actually killed kanin by mistake) but I remember asking / to kill rishaed and a few minutes later to pm him again for chapcrap.

ah feels good to send a message in here not being scared of having forgotten my PR! :lol:
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives