Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Postby jak111 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Well the Yith was by accident and we had no clue how we culted him originally. So I wasn't all that powerful Betiko :P Though yeah, I wish I had help from them when I was pretty much dead on correct on having a majority win achievable.

Just to put it into perspective for everyone, if you had listened to me when the chance was there instead of only Spiesr, safari, Newguy, soundman, Kanin, (and Iron B I think?) winning.

It would have been all of the above, plus all the cult, plus all unaligned humans. The only ones who would have lost would be Hippo, Elon, Elder Things, Little Witt v1, and depending on Nendreel's win condition him.

Hehe, so how do people feel now with hindsight? :P
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Nendreel on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 pm

betiko wrote:you never came up with good explanations on all your night actions. I carefully selected all my targets all game long and I said nothing but the truth being 100% cooperative. Not to mention the proofs that there was another SK killing townies (you!!!!!). I've actually technically worked as a vig and did nothing to harm town (had no reason to, they were all revived). Even killed elder things and a cult zombie. I doubt you could've matched my town credit any day..

For the longest time I couldn't figure out what either of you were. That you let Doom live for so long meant that neither of you were Vigs, or trying to act as a Vig. But then neither of you took a shot at me which an SK would want to do right away.

jak111 wrote:It would have been all of the above, plus all the cult, plus all unaligned humans. The only ones who would have lost would be Hippo, Elon, Elder Things, Little Witt v1, and depending on Nendreel's win condition him.

My WC was that I needed to re-animate 4 people. When you made your offer I only had 2/4. Your deal would have left me out in the cold unless we came up with a way to kill recruits for me to re-animate.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:you never came up with good explanations on all your night actions. I carefully selected all my targets all game long and I said nothing but the truth being 100% cooperative. Not to mention the proofs that there was another SK killing townies (you!!!!!). I've actually technically worked as a vig and did nothing to harm town (had no reason to, they were all revived). Even killed elder things and a cult zombie. I doubt you could've matched my town credit any day..

For the longest time I couldn't figure out what either of you were. That you let Doom live for so long meant that neither of you were Vigs, or trying to act as a Vig. But then neither of you took a shot at me which an SK would want to do right away.

We only had to kill those who hadn't died yet. So neither me nor Betiko were going to kill you off right away, it'd be immediately scummy, and it widened the amount of perspective targets to those who weren't an SK or knew who the win condition was.
As for my night actions sure I did, I gave them out choosing carefully for things that would make sense and couldn't be verified one way or the other. I was one of the only ones to give you a night action.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

jak111 wrote:Well the Yith was by accident and we had no clue how we culted him originally. So I wasn't all that powerful Betiko :P Though yeah, I wish I had help from them when I was pretty much dead on correct on having a majority win achievable.

Just to put it into perspective for everyone, if you had listened to me when the chance was there instead of only Spiesr, safari, Newguy, soundman, Kanin, (and Iron B I think?) winning.

It would have been all of the above, plus all the cult, plus all unaligned humans. The only ones who would have lost would be Hippo, Elon, Elder Things, Little Witt v1, and depending on Nendreel's win condition him.

I think that most probably hippo, myself and rishaed also won almost sure hippo got his WC, IB won too.

If jonty piggy backed on me, i guess he was on my SK WC that aparently is not counted, he is not hippo aligned as myself aparently.

oh and rodion possibly won too.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:15 pm

rishaed wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

We only had to kill those who hadn't died yet. So neither me nor Betiko were going to kill you off right away, it'd be immediately scummy, and it widened the amount of perspective targets to those who weren't an SK or knew who the win condition was.
As for my night actions sure I did, I gave them out choosing carefully for things that would make sense and couldn't be verified one way or the other. I was one of the only ones to give you a night action.

yes, we didn't care at all if you revived players and killing you would've been way too scummy. I don't know why the hell hippo killed you though...
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

^ . . . I was sure he was going to get himself lynched after killing nendreel >.>. . . i mean i couldn't even follow his logic. WHY kill the reviver?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:56 pm

rishaed wrote:^ . . . I was sure he was going to get himself lynched after killing nendreel >.>. . . i mean i couldn't even follow his logic. WHY kill the reviver?

Probably because the only non-survivor roles left were himself and the reviver. The safest kills (as the only completely known roles) was Nendreel and PCM other than himself.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby spiesr on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm

rishaed wrote:^ . . . I was sure he was going to get himself lynched after killing nendreel >.>. . . i mean i couldn't even follow his logic. WHY kill the reviver?
Do we know what condition exactly he was playing towards at that point?
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 am

spiesr wrote:

he had the opportunity to kill PCM after that, he killed rodion instead. he got his wc and was just trying to please people i guess.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 am

Jak, you can't call me useless. You recruited the only human with no powers at all, so it serves you right. You shouldve gone with one of the killers.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:47 pm

betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:

he had the opportunity to kill PCM after that, he killed rodion instead. he got his wc and was just trying to please people i guess.

Correct!

Loved the game.

Remember the "I know everything" nonsense? That was because I had lost my original PM and could remember my WC and generally what I had to do but not the detail :shock: I had to ab lib something dreadful! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Thats why your claim didnt click with me! First you go nuts w/ the Yog stuff and then you claim Hastur! I was like whaa???!

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 pm

rishaed wrote:Thats why your claim didnt click with me! First you go nuts w/ the Yog stuff and then you claim Hastur! I was like whaa???!

Ah, but that was for real! Yog is Hastur is the King in Yellow etc!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:48 pm

witt, what was that thing you couldn't tell about concerning ctulhu's role that you were pretty sure hippo had as hastur as well? were you bullshitting or was there something?

can't wait for / to confirm hippo lovers won too! :D
Major betiko

Postby / on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Original role PMs (+ mod notes)

The Great Race of Yith (3 players)
show

Elder Things (3 players)
show

Hastur (1 player)
show

Herbert West and Colleague (2 players)
show

Zombie (side effect of being saved by Re-animator)
show

Black Brotherhood Leader (1 player)
show

Nyarlathotep (1 player)
show

Normal human (9 players)
show

Dean Halsey (1 player)
show

Randolph Carter (1 player)
show

Kuranes (1 player)
show

Francis Wayland Thurston
show

Shoggoth
show

Other Notes

Dreamlands
show

Yog-Sothoth
show

Insanity
show

Necronomnicon
show
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:39 pm

We had 10 different factions and then survivors to boot. . . what an insane game!
A few questions. . . . It was put there that with a certain number of "Worshippers" the God could be unsealed. How many would the "god" need. Was the insanity the result of Safari's false result on me?
I'm sort of surprised that neither me or Jonty wound up as SK's earlier in the game.
And last but not least who all won?

Postby / on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Win Announcement

show

Humans
DoomYoshi
show

Iron Butterfly
show

LSU Tiger Josh/chapcrap
show

vodean
show

jonty125
show

Victor Sullivan/thechuck51
show

edocsil
show

betiko
show

Rodion
show

rishaed
show

soundman
show

spiesr
show

safariguy5
show

Nendreel
show

pancakemix
show

Strike Wolf/Count Belisle
show

Many died in the town of Arkham, everyone whose story we have seen these past few days has known death, though some walk again thanks to Herbert West's scientific breakthroguh. Although the early creations desired his death, they too lost such motivation when they were returned to their original state.

Those who tried not to take a side found themselves stricken down without cause. Other chose to support humanity or the unknown, and regardless of their fates, perhaps they can take solace in their greater accomplishments.

Aliens
new guy1
show

Commander9/little witt 2.0
show

Kanin Usagi
show

lord voldemort
show

ghostly447
show

crazymilkshake5
show

elonpuckhog
show

Ancient and even timeless battles took place by the strage beings that walked the earth and stars. The great race of Yith continues to survive outside of time, even one is capable of repopulating their species by spores.
The Elder things that lurk deep down in the seas have achieved their goal of protecting the earth from the foreign gods, and ultimately retreat back down away from the dangers of the surface, much to the delight of their old creations; the Shoggoth.

Gods
jak111
show

Swifte/ Little Witt
show

thehippo8
show

Nyarlathotep tried to sow his chaos against humanity, but the creature and his brainwashed followers were ultimately defeated.
An ancient feud between two great god was settled, Hastur defeated Cthulhu and returned back to the cosmos, away from the seas of earth his brother occupied for so long.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

rishaed wrote:We had 10 different factions and then survivors to boot. . . what an insane game!
A few questions. . . . It was put there that with a certain number of "Worshippers" the God could be unsealed. How many would the "god" need. Was the insanity the result of Safari's false result on me?

If either god could get three worshippers they would be summoned with all their powers.
No, safari couldn't be driven insane, the cop power in the dreamlands was just Nyarlathotep screwing with people.

I'll post all the actions later.
I need to retype it all from a spreadsheet.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks alot :) was lots of fun playing and scheming :)

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Interesting, it seems that if everyone had revealed everything on Day 1 and everybody trusted each other to work to together there could have been 25 winners. (The Cthulhu/Hastor pair being the only place where someone had to lose.) As it is 16 still managed to win.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:43 pm

spiesr wrote:Interesting, it seems that if everyone had revealed everything on Day 1 and everybody trusted each other to work to together there could have been 25 winners. (The Cthulhu/Hastor pair being the only place where someone had to lose.) As it is 16 still managed to win.

However that takes the fun out of the game. . . as it was by D5/6 we basically knew what everyone was by reason of "vanilla" flavor/Yith/Elderthing outing then know pretty much the exact amount of cult. I'm just laughing about the fact that Doom was right about elon, but if elon would have been honest he wouldn't of had to of been lynched.

Postby Nendreel on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 pm

rishaed wrote:
spiesr wrote:Interesting, it seems that if everyone had revealed everything on Day 1 and everybody trusted each other to work to together there could have been 25 winners. (The Cthulhu/Hastor pair being the only place where someone had to lose.) As it is 16 still managed to win.

However that takes the fun out of the game. . . as it was by D5/6 we basically knew what everyone was by reason of "vanilla" flavor/Yith/Elderthing outing then know pretty much the exact amount of cult. I'm just laughing about the fact that Doom was right about elon, but if elon would have been honest he wouldn't of had to of been lynched.

Didn't really matter, since the very next thing we did was lynch the Elder Things and fulfill his WC for him.
And then kill the Gods and thus fulfill the ET's WC for them.
Ah making people win in spite of themselves, good fun. :lol:
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 pm

I bet PCM isn't happy for being recruited before he won though >.>.

Postby jak111 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:42 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Jak, you can't call me useless. You recruited the only human with no powers at all, so it serves you right. You shouldve gone with one of the killers.

I did not call you useless, but I could have had a hand from the more powerful convertees to help with the case I pushed. Unfortunally it was to no avail and was a poor try with no back-up.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I suppose at the end, PCM could have pushed for my lynch, but with no kill, he would still face a 2v1 vote the next day with ng unable to vote.
Captain safariguy5

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives