Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:44 am

any way the mod could tell him the situation? he's got 50% chances of getting lynched and the deadline is tomorrow. he's got to come and claim if he doesn't want to get 50% chances of getting lynched, quite simple.
Major betiko

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 am

edocsil wrote:Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.

Finally someone said it...Seriously Jester...Silly idea. No way a game this obviously complex has the potential to be end gamed day 1.

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:
thehippo8 wrote: Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance?

A lot of mods at least the old school ones would completely randomize the roles and sides so that every person would have an equal shot at each particular role.

I believe / is completely random from what I know and have seen of his games.

I still do not believe votes should be on sully. I may of skimmed but I am sure someone said he was completely away from the site for multiple days. And imo that is enough for me to not think he is scummarining.

Question to / re 50% lynch. What happens if multiple people only have say 1-3 votes. And day ends...Are all of those people up for 50%. Or does the 50% rule apply when there is a clear out and out obvious lynch target/suspect Ie sully here day 1????
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 am

btw....you guys fricken post alot in a day
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby vodean on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 am

thehippo8 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Confirm; I'll be reading up here in a few days.

-Sully

Fantastic to see you Sully ... and as a welcome back present unvote vote Sully!

Incidentally, the reason why I emphasised my vote here is that if Sully has come back at such a crucial time we can only but assume he was there the whole time and was just "monitoring" the thread. Scummarining is unacceptable at the best of times but so utterly unhelpful early in the game. This only adds to my view that Sully needs to at the very least give us something useful here - or preferably claim. Not sure why Sully has (looking thte Meta here) frequently walked into that early in games but that seems to be his style. Don't look at me, don't look at me, don't look at me ... oh you're looking at me ... dang it all ... claim. Oh well, here we go again!

dude, just stop it. none of us are taking you seriously any more.you are either skimming like crazy or just not paying attention, and whichever it is, you are doing it on purpose. you are either trying to get lynched or trying to look like you are trying to get lynched. either way, we are watching you, and waiting to decide what to do with you. you are pulling a yomiel right now, and we'd all appreciate it if you stopped.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am

lord voldemort wrote:Question to / re 50% lynch. What happens if multiple people only have say 1-3 votes. And day ends...Are all of those people up for 50%. Or does the 50% rule apply when there is a clear out and out obvious lynch target/suspect Ie sully here day 1????

I am curious about this as well. If two players both have the same amount of votes, and both have the most votes, what happens at the day's end? I assume Cthulu just eats them both? Hah.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 am

vodean wrote:doom wants to be lynched really hard. that means we CANNOT lynch him without more info.

You still haven't proven this. Where is there evidence that I want to be lynched really hard?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:PR's don't have to "appear in every post". I've been in a game where I had a pr but only had to do it once a day. Doom to me is trying to hard to get lynched so something may be up with that. As far as VT knowing who each other are, it is a possibility but I am more inclined to believe that it is not that way for all of them. Rishaed is also someone that I am a bit suspicious of at this time.

Unvote Vote Doom

I want sully replaced.

not sure how that equaled to voting "no lynch" but I still think Doom is the best candidate for lynching today
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 am

ghostly447 wrote:and it seemed like a decent trail had it not been sarcastic.

Which it quite clearly was. We were in the jokevote stage and you made a serious case based on my joke post, that is what makes you scummy for skimming and being overagressive.

I believe this summaries the entire case against me from ghostly's perspective.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 pm

unvote

Sully is here. FOS Hippo - prior to Sully making an appearance, he hadn't logged onto the site for almost 2 weeks. Kinda hard to monitor a thread if you're not on a site.

@Doom - my vote was on Sully, not you. How can you say I'm trying to get you lynched? I have come after you, but only because you falsely accused me of lying and of knowing more than I let on. Frankly, your aggressiveness is giving off bad vibes. If you hadn't noticed though, I had backed off somewhat. However, as I think through the cases we have, you seem the most obvious candidate for a lynch. You haven't defended yourself, you've accused me of lying multiple times when I've been completely truthful (in giving my opinion no less). I think you're the best case we've got. I'll withhold my vote until I get home later this evening.

@Kanin and others who don't want a Sully lynch - what do you propose we do instead? Do you want to end D1 with a NL? Do you want to lynch someone else? IMO, we need to lynch someone today, as that will hopefully give us more clues as to what we are dealing with. Please, though, don't post "dont lynch Sully - he could be a useful role." Post an alternative course of action so I have options to consider.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Replacing Sully is our best option, if we have a Rolecop out there then it will be easy to figure out what he does. We have quite a bit of information out there already (19 pages if that's not enough) if your not getting anything out of them then i suggest going back and rereading. I mean we know that we have cult, mafia, town, and maybe 3rd party. That's should give us an initial view of what we're dealing with right now. And for those who don't want a lynch like me today than, vote NL however if you feel that there is a better option out there than run with it. As for Doom, I believe he's cleared himself right now in my book.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:54 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:unvote

Sully is here. FOS Hippo - prior to Sully making an appearance, he hadn't logged onto the site for almost 2 weeks. Kinda hard to monitor a thread if you're not on a site.

@Doom - my vote was on Sully, not you. How can you say I'm trying to get you lynched? I have come after you, but only because you falsely accused me of lying and of knowing more than I let on. Frankly, your aggressiveness is giving off bad vibes. If you hadn't noticed though, I had backed off somewhat. However, as I think through the cases we have, you seem the most obvious candidate for a lynch. You haven't defended yourself, you've accused me of lying multiple times when I've been completely truthful (in giving my opinion no less). I think you're the best case we've got. I'll withhold my vote until I get home later this evening.

@Kanin and others who don't want a Sully lynch - what do you propose we do instead? Do you want to end D1 with a NL? Do you want to lynch someone else? IMO, we need to lynch someone today, as that will hopefully give us more clues as to what we are dealing with. Please, though, don't post "dont lynch Sully - he could be a useful role." Post an alternative course of action so I have options to consider.

So, your role is not a human?

You say I haven't defended myself, but nobody has presented a case on me.

That is so far the only case on me, which is of course, a self-fulfilling prophecy.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:57 pm

rishaed wrote:Replacing Sully is our best option, if we have a Rolecop out there then it will be easy to figure out what he does. We have quite a bit of information out there already (19 pages if that's not enough) if your not getting anything out of them then i suggest going back and rereading. I mean we know that we have cult, mafia, town, and maybe 3rd party. That's should give us an initial view of what we're dealing with right now. And for those who don't want a lynch like me today than, vote NL however if you feel that there is a better option out there than run with it. As for Doom, I believe he's cleared himself right now in my book.

REPLACNG SULLY IS NO LONGER AN OPTION. HE CONFIRMED. He wasn't on the site for two weeks. At all. He did not once log on. He wasn't acting scummy, he probably had RL to deal with. Not only does it look like you're skimming, it looks like your completely skipping pages, since he posted and you apparently missed it.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Well as for sully's not being on the site for 2 weeks, you dont need to be logged in to see the forums. You can just go to it when your not logged in. Anonymous shows up at the bottom. Not saying that he legit was not here, Im just saying that it is still possible to keep up even when your not on. As for doom, I did not vote you (did I?) but since I am lazy and dont want to open another tab right now, I will unvote for now. My point on not voting you is that I did not vote you BECAUSE I felt your behavior was odd to say the least, but it wasnt vote worthy as there is no rule about confirming multiple times being scummy. As for sully, yayyyy sully's back. Now can you tell us why you werent here for two weeks? How about a claim? Because Im pretty sure if you claim and people believe you, you have less chance of being lynched... yah know?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Request 48 hour time extension minimum /. For a couple reasons:
1. Sully came back briefly, he should be allowed to defend himself (or in this case, forced to claim which may take him some time to read through and see whats going on IF he actually was inactive)
2. I have a lot of things for skimming, etc so I want time to present that to see if we can salvage this day!

vodean wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Confirm; I'll be reading up here in a few days.

-Sully

Fantastic to see you Sully ... and as a welcome back present unvote vote Sully!

Incidentally, the reason why I emphasised my vote here is that if Sully has come back at such a crucial time we can only but assume he was there the whole time and was just "monitoring" the thread. Scummarining is unacceptable at the best of times but so utterly unhelpful early in the game. This only adds to my view that Sully needs to at the very least give us something useful here - or preferably claim. Not sure why Sully has (looking thte Meta here) frequently walked into that early in games but that seems to be his style. Don't look at me, don't look at me, don't look at me ... oh you're looking at me ... dang it all ... claim. Oh well, here we go again!

dude, just stop it. none of us are taking you seriously any more.you are either skimming like crazy or just not paying attention, and whichever it is, you are doing it on purpose. you are either trying to get lynched or trying to look like you are trying to get lynched. either way, we are watching you, and waiting to decide what to do with you. you are pulling a yomiel right now, and we'd all appreciate it if you stopped.

Vodean, this is absurd. I actually happen to think that thehippo has a valid point. Sully normally is rather quiet. Once he is pressured though he normally gives out some sort of a hint as to what his role is. Though that has not happened yet, hippo is not seemingly trying to get himself killed. As I recall it was DoomYoshi most people thought was trying to get himself killed (personally, I believe doom can be left at least one more day because there is no solid evidence that his incident was anymore than a misunderstanding). So, FOS Vodean for skimming.

However:

DoomYoshi wrote:
vodean wrote:doom wants to be lynched really hard. that means we CANNOT lynch him without more info.

You still haven't proven this. Where is there evidence that I want to be lynched really hard?

If you cant see where players thougth you were trying to get lynched, please reread. There are a few spots that could be mistaken as "lynch me" but no solid evidence otherwise. Next point.

jonty125 wrote:

Which it quite clearly was. We were in the jokevote stage and you made a serious case based on my joke post, that is what makes you scummy for skimming and being overagressive.

Jonty, you enjoy taking things out of context. On top of that, you enjoy skimming more and rather disregarding the fact I dont even have a vote on you (therefore I am not trying to lead an "entire case against you" from my perspective. I was simply defending myself.

Jonty's skimming:
When I responded to Betiko saying "unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote[/quote]" (this is not a vote on myself) and he said "So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s"

So, Vote Jonty for:
*skimming
*somehow also taking my defense as an attack on him in the following post:
jonty125 wrote:

*Daring to accuse me of skimming when he is CLEARLY the skimmer
*Accusing me yet again of being overaggressive when I addressed that in my defense (the same one he tried to accuse me of going against him with).

Fun fun. I think thats all for now. Chew on that while I go read stuff! haha Now jonty, since you were so eager to accuse me of attacking you, is this going to be my..defense?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I would also be willing for an extension for D1 we have a lot of material today and if Sully's gonna get anywhere with a defense/claim then he needs a bit of time to present a solid defense.
@Kanin, I was going off of the pretense of if he went inactive again >.> even though i hadn't said anything about it in my post look to the one just above. I should be rereading several pages of material again before posting next time so that i don't make an inadequate post again.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm in favor of extending the day as well, just long enough for Sully to give a case against his own lynch. If he plans on participating, he should show it by, you know, PARTICIPATING.
@Rishaed, I apologize for confronting you then. I misunderstood what exactly you meant, and I do agree that if he goes inactive again then he should be either replaced or lynched. It's one thing to not confirm, another to confirm and then go inactive again.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:Question to / re 50% lynch. What happens if multiple people only have say 1-3 votes. And day ends...Are all of those people up for 50%. Or does the 50% rule apply when there is a clear out and out obvious lynch target/suspect Ie sully here day 1????

I am curious about this as well. If two players both have the same amount of votes, and both have the most votes, what happens at the day's end? I assume Cthulu just eats them both? Hah.

why are you assuming Cthulu will eat them? I understand your defense would be "I was only joking" but out of all the "Old Ones" why would you pick that one in reference to our game?

A friend of mine use to say, "There is truth in jest". Perhaps its me but I found it interesting.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 pm

NP kanin, No harm, no foul.
FP'd by IB

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
show
why are you assuming Cthulu will eat them? I understand your defense would be "I was only joking" but out of all the "Old Ones" why would you pick that one in reference to our game?

A friend of mine use to say, "There is truth in jest". Perhaps its me but I found it interesting.
Probably has something to do with Cthulhu being the most well know, to the point where even people unfamiliar with Lovercraft's work will still have heard of it?
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:02 pm

I agree, I had not heard anything about lovecraft and I even got the reference to Cthulhu. I think it is pure jest, or maybe it is a post restriction and he has to say it 5 times a day or something. Or you know, maybe it was just sarcasm.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 pm

spiesr wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
show

Probably has something to do with Cthulhu being the most well know, to the point where even people unfamiliar with Lovercraft's work will still have heard of it?

How would you have heard of it if you are unfamiliar with it and where would you hear about it outside of Lovecraft lore? Rodion brought it up referencing an obscure D&D board game I also remember from my college days but I would hardly say its common knowledge.

Now new guy 1 says he had not heard anything about Lovecraft and got the reference to Cthulhu. I will be more then happy to drop the issue if someone can show how this name is common knowledge to those uninitiated to Lovecraft lore and where they would here it.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Ya know what after further review I agree it could be common knowledge...I guess I have been out of the Cthulhu loop but if it was on South Park and bumper stickers I guess it could be.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Swifte on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Ya know what after further review I agree it could be common knowledge...I guess I have been out of the Cthulhu loop but if it was on South Park and bumper stickers I guess it could be.

He was also mentioned like three posts in to day 1...

Nendreel wrote:
spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?

Well since few people in Lovecraftian tales keep their minds intact, a guess of lots on insanity seems reasonable. Also C'thulu. I will be very disappointed if C'thulu doesn't show up.

Also vote betiko, for not knowing how to spell Doom.
Colonel Swifte

Postby / on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

One of the people tied for top will randomly be chosen, and this person will subsequently have a 50/50 chance of being lynched.

Vote Count:

spiesr (1) vodean
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, soundman
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (1) - crazymilkshake5
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Commander9 (1) - Rodion
DoomYoshi (2) - jak111, Nendreel
Victor Sullivan (5) - betiko, DoomYoshi, thehippo8, safariguy5, edocsil,
Vodean (1) spiesr
jonty125 (1) ghostly447
No Lynch (2) rishaed, LSU Tiger Josh

12 to lynch, deadline extension request has been accepted.
DEADLINE IS NOW THIS SATURDAY
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives