Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five NEED RESERVES

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 am

I'm not understanding your accusation rishaed. You say I lied about your alignment. Let me remind you of my chain of night actions.

Night 1- Used JOAT power to sleep, gained one-shot investigation.
Night 2- Used investigation on you. Found out you were aligned with ghostly
Nights 3-4- Captive Mind

Again, ghostly dying on Day 4 means that you being aligned with him on Night 2 doesn't mean that I lied. Possible for alignment to change.

I really think you're just voting me because you think I've denied you the ability to win the game or some other OMGUS.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am

K.

Unvote vote hippo
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am

safariguy5 wrote:I really think you're just voting me because you think I've denied you the ability to win the game or some other OMGUS.

It makes perfect sense that he is voting you: his only shot at survival is calling you a liar (or go all "busdrive" with his defense). If he can't make that fly, he is doomed: we may not kill him today due to higher priorities, but he'll die eventually.

DoomYoshi wrote:K.

Unvote vote hippo

At last! =D>
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 am

safariguy5 wrote:I'm not understanding your accusation rishaed. You say I lied about your alignment. Let me remind you of my chain of night actions.

Nights 3-4- Captive Mind

Again, ghostly dying on Day 4 means that you being aligned with him on Night 2 doesn't mean that I lied. Possible for alignment to change.

I really think you're just voting me because you think I've denied you the ability to win the game or some other OMGUS.

Nope If that was the case I would be voting Vod. hes the main reason I got myself in the mess i did. However I can't say that I can deny that you are human. . . soo unvote. Winning right now is out of the question however.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 am

Vote Hippo

This game is like watching Dark Shadow while doing algebra.

Hippo has been an enigma.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 am

rishaed wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I'm not understanding your accusation rishaed. You say I lied about your alignment. Let me remind you of my chain of night actions.

Nights 3-4- Captive Mind

Nope If that was the case I would be voting Vod. hes the main reason I got myself in the mess i did. However I can't say that I can deny that you are human. . . soo unvote. Winning right now is out of the question however.

There's still a cult out there rishaed. Right now you can still win if you can somehow convince town to keep you alive long enough to be recruited by cult. However, cult is not likely to want you; so you better hope for some great luck.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 am

I can confirm that rodion's deduction was right, and I am one of the other aliens. I am the one in possession of safariguy's body, and I will tell you he is not a person of interest, I just didnt send in an action last night (got busy and forgot about it).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 am

Well, since everyone apparently knows who we are already, ( :cry: ) I will go ahead and confirm that I am the third "alien." I will also offer up another interesting tid bit so that me and mine can continue to be more useful than worth killing. But first, I want to ask Jak111 a question:
What the hell are you?!

To wit: My buddies have been able to possess average humans, a power role, the Leader of the Black Brotherhood (or would have had he not been killed) and an Elder God (LoVo), but when I attempted to take over your body on Night 3 it failed. Why? That's a good question. When I sent the action, the response from / was basically "You attempt to take over jak's body, but fail. Whatever happened was too horrible for you to remember." This is why we only had two captives on Day Four. When we attempted to take over Strikewolf, it failed because he died and could no longer be targeted, but then the team member who targeted him was bounced back to the last body he had taken over. Apparently my mind could not handle whatever I found in your head. There's more though: You've been playing extremely under the radar this game. You have had few posts, and the few you have did not add that much to the game.

To be fair, I haven't contributed much either, but that's only because new guy and I chose to let Comm9 be our rep to this game until we were discovered. Jak hasn't made worth while contributions all game, and its time he explained himself. If you guys choose not to follow up on this, that's fine. I'm just presenting a case that everyone might be interested in. Vote jak111.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 am

Cthulu himself? Can t vote today. Aliens, who is your enemy? You seem to have none.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 am

betiko wrote:so in 4 nights as far as i know you nailed it twice? Did you save more than 2? can you try save several humans per night? can you reveal who is the undead from last night? could you protect doom now that he is undead or not anymore?

I don't get any PMs with the results of my night actions. Going by scene flavour it appears my colleague and I were successful on N2 and N4. We can each target only one person per night.
I don't know if I would be able to revive Doom again. I'll try asking /.
I am not 100% sure, but based on something rishaed said I believe he is now undead. He was one of our targets for the night.

rishaed wrote:That being said, I don't think I will know if I was the successful w/ Res. or just failed.

Rodion wrote: @Nendreel - can you tell how your power works? Does / give you a list of dead players so you can pick one hoping he is human or do you have to blindly pick someone in the game while hoping that he is both human and killed that same night? Or something else entirely? Since you have a partner, do you get 2 ressurection attempts per night?

We do not get any information from /. We just have to pick someone in the game while hoping that he is both human and killed that same night.

@Kanin, Comm9 and ng1: Are you guys Byakhee?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 am

I know that Jak did something to Commander N3 but am not sure what. I admit though for Jak not to have contributed more in this game is way outside of his META from what I've seen. vote Jak
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 am

I am an enigma.

I am not town.

I am not anti-town.

I am not third party.

Humand mean nothing to me.

I know all.

I know everything.

It is not for me to say.

I am looking for my love.

When I find my love then I will be complete.

You will continue.

You will always continue.

it is not for me to say.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:To be fair, I haven't contributed much either, but that's only because new guy and I chose to let Comm9 be our rep to this game until we were discovered. Jak hasn't made worth while contributions all game, and its time he explained himself. If you guys choose not to follow up on this, that's fine. I'm just presenting a case that everyone might be interested in. Vote jak111.

Is that the information you were thinking about releasing yesterday? If so, why did you end up not doing it back in the day? Is there anything fishy with the latest minds (spiesr and betiko) or do they seem to be regular people?

Nendreel wrote:I am not 100% sure, but based on something rishaed said I believe he is now undead. He was one of our targets for the night.

rishaed wrote:That being said, I don't think I will know if I was the successful w/ Res. or just failed.

Well, Yoshi knew he was ressurected ("succesful w/ Res."?), so if Rishaed is not sure I believe you can safely conclude the new zombie is your other N4 target.

rishaed wrote:I know that Jak did something to Commander N3 but am not sure what. I admit though for Jak not to have contributed more in this game is way outside of his META from what I've seen. vote Jak

Did you watch Commander or track Jak? If you watched Commander, did other people visit Commander as well?

I believe it makes a lot of sense for Jak to be the recruiter. First of all, it looks like he's been laying low for his meta, like someone said. Second, if Kanin's powers are strong enough to get mafia (Elder Things with the vote to kill mechanic), what possible role could be too powerful to be insusceptible to capture? I can think of one. Lastly, if you, as cult recruiter, realized on D3 how game-breaking Commander's power could be to you (since D3 was when they busted Lovo), what would you do N3? Visit him, of course.

My opinion is that Jak's case is the biggest priority at the moment. Further ramifications (such as a cult recruiter flip) might implicate Commander if we are to believe Rishaed on his track/watch. Secondly, we have the Hippo/Vodean attack on Nendreel, which is still unexplained. Finally, there is the SafxRishaed issue, which seems more like a non-issue to me.

Unvote, vote Jak.

One last minute observation: Kanin/NG, was it Commander that persuaded you not to tell town about Jak's failed capture D4? :-k
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

I watched commander b/c I thought he might get NK'd. However nobody visited him besides Jak. That's why I asked if something strange had happened to him as soon as the Day scene came up.

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 am

Rodion wrote:
Nendreel wrote:I am not 100% sure, but based on something rishaed said I believe he is now undead. He was one of our targets for the night.

Well, Yoshi knew he was ressurected ("succesful w/ Res."?), so if Rishaed is not sure I believe you can safely conclude the new zombie is your other N4 target.

That rish was wondering at all suggested that something happened to him last night.
But as I said, I'm not 100% sure. It's quite possible the other target is the new undead.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 am

Doom I've already said, why I wanted him to full claim after spilling some of the beans
jonty 125 Day 2 wrote:Well I wanted him to claim further because I feel if someone softclaims, then they just paint a crosshair on themselves, and doc may not save them if they don't know who they are and therefore why to protect them.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:43 am

jonty125 wrote:Doom I've already said, why I wanted him to full claim after spilling some of the beans
jonty 125 Day 2 wrote:Well I wanted him to claim further because I feel if someone softclaims, then they just paint a crosshair on themselves, and doc may not save them if they don't know who they are and therefore why to protect them.

But you already said that you didn't notice his softclaim.

I am eagerly awaiting a response from jak or commander now. It does seem possible that he is a recruiter that we are looking for.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 pm

thehippo8 wrote:I am an enigma.

I am not town.

I am not anti-town.

I am not third party.

Humand mean nothing to me.

I know all.

I know everything.

It is not for me to say.

I am looking for my love.

When I find my love then I will be complete.

You will continue.

You will always continue.

it is not for me to say.

if you know all, are you yog? if you find your love is it endgame? I know you won't answer to that.
Major betiko

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Hmm, perhaps it's time I bring forth what I know since it is apparent that I am NOT human, but nor am I the enemy in this game. Or at least I am assuming I am not.

I've been laying low because of a few reasons, namely because I have a few perks and abilities and my handicaps to my abilities seem to be giving me a clue as to who the mafia or at least the killing faction is in this game.

I am Kaajh'Kaalbh, an Outer God, as far as I know I am the only one of my kind because I am not masoned unlike so many others seem to be.

Perk #1 ~ Immune to TOWN night kills (So yes, there is a town killing role somewhere among us)
Perk #2 ~ Immune to conversion (This I am assuming also includes the mind take over)
One additional perk, but it is on need to know basis.

Ability #1 ~ Hide behind someone at night, if they are killed by town I live, but if not, I die.
Ability #2 ~ Talk to someone for a single night (Which I have already used on Commander9 Night 3, and he can confirm this).

Handicap ~ If the person I try to talk to or hide behind is an "unsealed" Elder God, I DIE.

WC ~ Survive with any faction besides Elder Gods

^ This is why I've been trying to find out about Elder Gods, and with Ghostly's fake claim yesterday and NO ONE counter claiming him, I am assuming they are NOT town nor are they 3rd party due to my WC.

With NO ONE claiming Elder God, I am thinking that I am right of them being the true enemy that we are facing, and Kanin, if you have any info on one of them, I suggest you share it now so we may test my theory. Someone is out there with a killing power as we've seen last night with Chuck dying. If it isn't other humans, isn't you, and isn't me, then I believe the Elder Gods are responsible for a few of the deaths that we have been seeing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_My ... h.27Kaalbh

^ All I can find on my character besides what has been shared with me in the description pm.

As far as the horrible things you've seen when you tried to take over my mind, I have no idea what those could be besides me not being human.

Though, now it's time to add my cents into what has been going on as far as the scenes suggest. I believe the Elder Things were a secondary mafia faction, the first being the Elder Gods who have all but seemed to be reluctant to claim.

Anyone else got info they'd like to add to what I know? Or anything concrete on these Elder Gods?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 pm

EBWOP

Forgot to add the people I know NOT to be Elder Gods (people I've hidden behind)

~ Commander9 N1
~ Safariguy N2
~ Pancakemix N3
~ Edocsil N4

^ None of them are Elder Gods.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Smells fishy. I don't have time to look for any contradictions right now though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Not sure any more factions "fit" the size of the game. Let's see...

26 players

3 Elder Things
3 Commander's group (hoping they are the Byakhees, or else it REALLY wont fit)
1 Shoggoth
1 Black Brotherhood Leader
2 reanimators
1 flavour confirmed recruiter
6 (or more, I might have forgotten some) originally unaligned JOAT (H)umans (Chuck, Yoshi, Betiko, Rishaed, Edoc, Vodean)
2 town aligned JOAT (h)umans (Saf, Rodion)
1 town dreamer king (Soundman)
1 Outer God (Jak)

That's 21 roles right there, leaving 5 spots for:
a) more possible Shoggoth members
b) other possible Black Brotherhood members
c) a group of Elder Gods, in the plural (thus at least 2), according to Jak
d) at least one more Outer God, according to Vodean*
e) rest of town, who currently stands at 3 members

vodean wrote:that is a lie. i dont know why you are lying, but your WC is to eliminate the elder gods AND outer gods. fp jak

Not saying Jak is necessarily lying, but someone has to be.

Yoshi-humans, is my list of you 6 accurate? Did I miss a 7th or 8th member? Are you 100% sure none of you could have "sneaked" on the list while not actually having the role?

If we are to believe Jak (which I don't really think I do), the pool for Elder Gods is the following (red highlights):

1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi
3.spiesr
5.Iron Butterfly
7.LSU Tiger Josh
9.safariguy5
10.new guy1
11.vodean
12.jonty125
13.Nendreel
14.jak111
15.rishaed
18.Commander9
19.edocsil
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix
22. Kanin Usagi
24.betiko
25.Rodion

Disclaimer: I might have missed a claim or two. If I did, just let me know.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:13 pm

EBWOP: remove PCM's name from the Elder Gods pool, according to Jak.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Last observation: a survivor-hider that finds a "safe target"(N1 Commander) and keeps changing it is fishy by itself. Changing your targets and risking to find one of those dreaded Elder Gods is certainly not worth the risk for a survivor that would be killed instantly. That's quite the red flag.

Sorry for the triple post. If that serves as a consolation, you won't get to hear any more from me for the next 3 hours. ;)
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 pm

LSU, jonty, hippo have all been scummy. LSU, pcm, Swifte have all been lurking. Spiesr is a non-human human.

However, Rodion brings a good point: why would you switch your hide target? That doesn't make any sense.

unvote vote jak
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives