Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Ghost, you are delusional. The first person to vote you since me was jak. He is not voting you for anything I said. He is voting you because of safariguy said. If you aren't going to read the game, then go away.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:25 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ghost, you are delusional. The first person to vote you since me was jak. He is not voting you for anything I said. He is voting you because of safariguy said. If you aren't going to read the game, then go away.

All I have read is "ghostly should be lynched" for the past few pages, why do you think I came to respond? Either way, you voted me saying "got you" so why the hell did you do that if you arent even convinced I have anything to hide? Explain that and quit dodging it beause if you had even read my posts you would have had half a dozen posts to respond to, none of which you have effectively done so in. You just keep blowing it off and shit.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Ghost, you are delusional. The first person to vote you since me was jak. He is not voting you for anything I said. He is voting you because of safariguy said. If you aren't going to read the game, then go away.

All I have read is "ghostly should be lynched" for the past few pages, why do you think I came to respond? Either way, you voted me saying "got you" so why the hell did you do that if you arent even convinced I have anything to hide? Explain that and quit dodging it beause if you had even read my posts you would have had half a dozen posts to respond to, none of which you have effectively done so in. You just keep blowing it off and shit.

I already explained. If you really want a wall-fest, I guess I have enough time to give you one, but be sure that you want it, because it won't help the game any, it will just further my interpretation of your behaviour.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Commander9 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Three Questions:

1) Do you recruit?
2) How many of you are there?
3) Why not just give the name?
1) No. There's a fixed amount of us.
2) At this moment, it does not matter. I see no reason to reveal this information as it would not change anything.
3) See #2.
Answering 2 and 3 would serve a purpose, it would help the town to be able to trust your faction slightly. The way you are avoiding revealing things like the name of your faction seems to suggest that it would harm you for the town to know this. Which implies that you may not be as nonthreatening as you claim.
vodean wrote:
spiesr wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.
Can you elaborate on the nature of this action a bit. Specifically, do you think it could be affected by a busdriver or not?
another one of your fluff posts. you are worse than me with the scummy one liners that dont really say anything. FOS spiesr.
I fully admit that that post doesn't say anything. That is because it is a question, not a statement.
DoomYoshi wrote:@ghost:
c) I wrote that comment beside your name on day 2. It is now day 3. Also, see point a.
But by reposting the list today and claiming that it was updated you were effectively declaring that you stood by everything in it at today.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 pm

If i could vote I would, but I have reasons for that:
A. I find out my WC
B. Ghostly hasn't claimed, and the claim, depending on what it is, allows me to decide what to do.
C. He says he's not mason'd which is ok. Humans aren't mason'd either, but he MUST be aligned with X for me to be aligned with him.
D.He doesn't realize that most people will obtain Information on two if not 3 ppl from his claim.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
rishaed wrote:Oh and I want a good argument on why i should give it up . . . Simply put, the get the info out in the air to get rid of suspicions ain't cutting it right now.

Heres why and Ill make it easy.

Vote Rishaed

You have tagged to X so you have no idea what your win condition is. You were a third party survivor, who could help Town with their win condition. Now you are not. You need to give X or die. Unless X or Ghostly can prove they have Towns best interest or someone can step up for them they may be the first puzzle pieces we can use to solve this Scooby Doo mystery.

At the moment I am willing to give Safari the benefit of the doubt with his investigation.

So Rishead unless you can prove your new faction is Town then you and Ghostly need to be lynched.

Killing ghost would give extra information. It would still tell us what we want to know about rishaed and additionally tell us whether or not we can trust comm9. I have a sneaking suspicion that humans will flip neutral, post worship.

You know, I was looking through to see all the times Ghostly must be lynched would appear, but this is enough. You flat out said that killing me would give extra information. That is the only reason on which you want to lynch me? Information? You are smarter than that Doom, you and I both know that. You would NEVER try to lead a case on an unknown role just to try to figure out what another role was. That would risk a PR, and we all know no one likes that. That includes you.

Until you all come with some solid evidence, or at the very least present me with a case, you WILL NOT get a claim, and you SHOULD NOT vote for me (this isnt the presidential election, I dont want/need any of your votes). I think we have been following the third party survivors a little too long for it to yield any information that we can fully trust, without question and without doubt.

Also spiesr, I could personally, from this position see why they dont want to tell if there are any others. I think the amount of people would be important to know, BUT the name is not required so long as they prove to be in the towns best interest. Afterall, somehow there is a non existant case on me but everyone wants to lynch me just to experiment. They wouldnt want to lose simply because everyone blindly followed another faction, that can change their damn alignment and not announce that they did, just because they seem to know the most.

FP by rish
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Ghostly, a reason people want to lynch you is that there is information (mostly from safariguy's action) the seems to indicate that you have the same alignment as rishead and "X". Ergo, by lynching you we could learn the alignment of up to two other players. ) As for defending yourself against this I think your only options are to:
A. Somehow convince us to achieve the same goal by lynching rishead or "X" instead. Or
B. Just get it over with and make a convincing claim.
Captain spiesr

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 pm

1) You led the case when you said "Got you, vote ghostly".

It was primarily a reaction test. Yes, I was fishing. Deal with it.
Though Safari may have provided some form of input,

This "some sort of input" was that he got a night action result on you. If you missed that, then you are obviously skimming.

and some sort of a case (that I cant very much respond to because I am quite confused on what I am being accused of),

The BEST kind of case, one that comes from a mod PM

You provided the beginning suspision on me,

Not true, you have had suspicion on you since the joke stage.

and since you have had a strong say on everything the past days and seem to know quite a bit,

I pay attention and haven't led town astray yet.

your word is not taken lightly in this forum. Therefore any votes on me were a result of you initially throwing suspicion, and therefore, I am not skimming simply knowing where the supposed case started. Your lack of effort is noted.

Of course there were NO VOTES on you. If I take full responsibility for all the votes on you, I am still taking responsibility for nothing. So, there, I take responsibility. 100% of the zero votes on you were 100% my fault. (yes, the jak one popped in, but you were FP'ed on that one).

2) I picked on you too as well as all other humans that are 3rd party that could (or have) aligned themselves with someone,

True

or gotten taken in by the cult (which half of the people know about due to their role pm) that apparently know the most of anyone in this game.

Rodion addressed this. Why could cult recruit someone who is in the crosslines of every player, every day?

Everyone has blindly followed you

Including you, I might add.

and the others when any one of them could be lying and be batting for a different team by now,

Why would anyone use a 1-shot that controls whether or not they win the game (unless they are a noob like rishaed)?

just playing the part of safe little survivor. So actually, I did step up to the bigger challenge of an entire, unsteady, probably soon to crumble, faction which is the 3rd party role aligners.

Soon? Oh yea?

Your lack of effort is once again noted in the attempt to digest my big post.

Listen, calling the player who has possibly contributed the most all game "lack of effort" is just stupid.

3) Though it was posted on day 2, you did not put it into quotes making for an easily mistakened thought that you may have done some minor revising to it before you resposted it for no apparent reason.

I was just bringing it back to the front of the discussion and moved 2 people around. I didn't check every point on the list. For this, I am sorry. It's better than your list.

I dont know Doom. You tell me. You seemed to be sure when voting for me at first, but now you just seem to not want to put too much effort into proving my guilt that you so strongly think is present. Why else would you post just a couple words before voting?

Just to piss you off (it worked).

That's not actually the reason.

That would risk a PR, and we all know no one likes that.

Actually, I explicitly stated I don't care about PRs in this game. That's why I was willing to lynch both Sully and LSU with no claim.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Once again ghost, you are delusional.

You are now inextricably linked to safariguy, rishaed and player X. Killing you tells us all information about those 3 players.

For the record: I don't care what PR you have.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:40 pm

rishaed wrote:If i could vote I would, but I have reasons for that:
A. I find out my WC
B. Ghostly hasn't claimed, and the claim, depending on what it is, allows me to decide what to do.
C. He says he's not mason'd which is ok. Humans aren't mason'd either, but he MUST be aligned with X for me to be aligned with him.
D.He doesn't realize that most people will obtain Information on two if not 3 ppl from his claim.

A. Dude are you kidding me? So I give my WC just so that you, and then everyone as a group, knows both of our WC? I dont think so.
B. You should go scum hunting, or perhaps cult hunting. There ya go, you has something to do now for the time being.
C. I need you to go into more depth on this. Do you have knowledge saying that I am aligned with this person? Or is it a requirement that I be aligned to X for you to be aligned with me?
D. ...Yeah, they will obtain my role, WC, and then we have a Mass Claim session. Everyone rejoice! The game is over, and a complex, confusing, fun game comes to an end on a Day 3 mass claim. That is definitely what I look for in Mafia, is mass claims. Makes the game thrilling and keeps me coming back.

FPed
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

C. I need you to go into more depth on this. Do you have knowledge saying that I am aligned with this person? Or is it a requirement that I be aligned to X for you to be aligned with me?

Yes, we all do. Safariguy posted in the THREAD!!!!!!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm

A. I find out my WC

Voting your own teammate is a terrible idea.

On mafiascum, deliberately playing against your own win condition is against the rules, and you would be modkilled for such actions. Here, it is not considered as much, and I understand that these are crazy circumstances. You just need to ask yourself: was it worth ousting yourself to save vodean?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Honestly speaking . . .NOT REALLY. from the games I've played with him he usually appears so scummy that whether or not he is/ isn't scum they usually end up lynching him. >.< However i forgot about that fact. D:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
A. I find out my WC

Voting your own teammate is a terrible idea.

On mafiascum, deliberately playing against your own win condition is against the rules, and you would be modkilled for such actions. Here, it is not considered as much, and I understand that these are crazy circumstances. You just need to ask yourself: was it worth ousting yourself to save vodean?

Normally I would also have a clue about who/what my teammate and WC is. . . I thought I would get the info. . .

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Okay then. I claim. I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor. God of the Red Flux. I am a worshipped God, by some, in this game. Through worshipping me, you are sent into insanity for a single day. Through killing me, you hinder all that is in my possession which are my followers that have previously worshipped me, or have the option to do so (I can only be led to beleive they are humans which worship me). Through killing me, this entire faction is left without a God to follow, causing them to:

1) Go insane
2) Become a small Cult which chooses to worship me, in vain of course, and ultimately becomes yet another mafia.

This can also happen through the killing of me during the night. If I am killed during the night phase, and any of my followers were worshipping me, they die too as a result of extreme insanity (due to them not getting the info they were seeking they beleive something to have happened, and ultimately kill themselves).

Fun fun. Do you see why I didnt want this out Doom? Do you see why you shouldnt go role fishing? It opens a whole new realm of which things can be born. That includes the Cult mentioned in some of your PM's (you just didnt know that it was a result of my death) and shows why I am aligned with some others I suppose. They have either worshipped me, changed alignment to mine (becoming ANOTHER third party), and why I didnt want too much attention drawn to me. The only answer I do not have is in the case of my death, who would become the cult leader. Gotta go home now, dont lynch me while I am gone please.

FPed couple times
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Well . . . THis is troubling. . .My sense of direction just went out the window. . . LETS go back to KANIN. I now know why X might be aligned to you. He must have worshipped you. . . Which makes the possibility of Ghost getting killed high. Someone if you can doc him in the night.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Um, so I am wrong for pushing a case on exactly who we are trying to kill?

And I didn't ask for a claim.

Now it is time to reveal X.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Actually, no it isn't. Unless X is also a human.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Wait, is X jonty?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:18 pm

unvote vote ghostly

I see no need to prolong this.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Um, so I am wrong for pushing a case on exactly who we are trying to kill?

And I didn't ask for a claim.

Now it is time to reveal X.

Wrong. I believe who we are trying to kill are the "Elder things" which are different from me.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:26 pm

no X is not Jonty and Please Vote KANIN and not ghostly. . .ghostly is not a threat as long as he LIVES but results in cult/mafia after he dies from all POTENTIAL and worshipping followers.

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Doom, you are trying to force a wrongful lynch. Do the research, chuthlu (we are trying to kill) is and Elder Thing. I am a Elder God, which was what the Elder Things were, but are now separated from. IF I am correct, their goal is to kill me and any other Elder Gods that exist, and our goal is to survive.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Doom, you are trying to force a wrongful lynch. Do the research, chuthlu (we are trying to kill) is and Elder Thing. I am a Elder God, which was what the Elder Things were, but are now separated from. IF I am correct, their goal is to kill me and any other Elder Gods that exist, and our goal is to survive.

I am doing some research. The god of the Red Flux appears non-canonical.

How is that you know so much about what we are trying to kill? Where did you get the idea that we are after Cthulu?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Wait, is X jonty?

I can also confirm on this end of the line I am not person X.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives