Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Seriously, are you guys stalking me? I can't come here to read and not respond??? YOU'RE VOTING ME FOR MY SILENCE? What about Sully who was made 2 posts in the entire game? What about others who have barely posted - if at all?? I don't hear them being questioned.

This game frustrates me because I was honest about my opinion, and then my opinion was called a LIE. Seriously, go ahead and lynch me. You won't hear any other arguments from me today.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't want to hear an argument, I want to hear a claim. Nice AtE though.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:Seriously, are you guys stalking me? I can't come here to read and not respond??? YOU'RE VOTING ME FOR MY SILENCE? What about Sully who was made 2 posts in the entire game? What about others who have barely posted - if at all?? I don't hear them being questioned.

This game frustrates me because I was honest about my opinion, and then my opinion was called a LIE. Seriously, go ahead and lynch me. You won't hear any other arguments from me today.

We also arent voting for your silence, we are voting for your post, the opposite of your silence.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby jak111 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Even though I find Doom to be completely insane as of lately, he has made a few good points. It might also help us figure out what Doom himself is up to. I was reading earlier and Elon didn't post so I decided to leave myself to where I was at, now, circumstances have changed.

He needs to claim if he wishes to have a chance to live at this point.

His post seems to be a desperate attempt to stall into the next day, town would claim.

So without further ado, Unvote, Vote Elon

(Also as a side note.. all my colours on my screen are more.. bolded and saturated than normal.. I already checked the saturation levels... anyone know what could be wrong? :/ It's bugging me as I typed all this.)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:Seriously, are you guys stalking me? I can't come here to read and not respond??? YOU'RE VOTING ME FOR MY SILENCE? What about Sully who was made 2 posts in the entire game? What about others who have barely posted - if at all?? I don't hear them being questioned.

Seriously? Stalking you? No your post history has struck a chord with several players and we cant focus on everyone who is not active as there is not enough time.

VOTE ELON

Betiko raises an interesting point about sanity. Could this be the last day for humans to speak freely? I highly doubt it. First in the original RP game Sanity was given varying levels. Your sanity is used like hitpoints in that as the game wears on your ability to function is determined by your sanity level. Its a kin to being "a little crazy" to stark raving mad. I am very interested to see how this will be handled by /. I do not believe it will be sane vs insane this game.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Seriously? Stalking you? No your post history has struck a chord with several players and we cant focus on everyone who is not active as there is not enough time.

VOTE ELON

Betiko raises an interesting point about sanity. Could this be the last day for humans to speak freely? I highly doubt it. First in the original RP game Sanity was given varying levels. Your sanity is used like hitpoints in that as the game wears on your ability to function is determined by your sanity level. Its a kin to being "a little crazy" to stark raving mad. I am very interested to see how this will be handled by /. I do not believe it will be sane vs insane this game.

so you have no idea of how sanity goes in this game?
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Not at all. My thoughts would be pure speculation.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm

unvote vote elon

I too wanted a claim not an argument.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:03 pm

betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I think doom is onto something in all honesty. Going back, It was a very strange way of putting it. It didnt alarm me fully, but it did kind of make me think why he had to mention his gut so much, etc.

Unvote Vote Elon.

I don't remember if / is picky about it, but you might need to colour your vote.

ok, I see things the same way as ng1 and spiesr, that's good enought for a day 1. What tickles me the most is that he says he is not a vt/human, and to tell the truth I don't really see what other roles could be town and not human. The principle of the human role is that we are going to screw ourselves being too curious at night, or get recruited. I don't believe someone could be town and not a human. Day 1 we all have our sanity and I should've thought of this before.

unevote vote elon

he did not say that he is not a human, just that he is not a human like doom. i believe he is not the only one. i think its suspicious that all he has to go on is his gut, but i disagree heartily with everything doom has said. like everyone agrees, it was doom, not elon, that was lying. now people are seeing a BW and chaging their opinions. FOS iron, Betiko, spi, and lovo. you guys are being ridiculous. Now elon may well be scum, but your argument is dead wrong. oh and doom, if you want us to believe that you are so helpful to town, tell us your alignment.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby jak111 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 pm

vodean wrote:tell us your alignment.

"Scum" yea.. good luck with that Vodean. Obviously he'll say town if he wishes to have credence like he now has only for the moment.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:06 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Sully for now. IMO, we need to lynch someone, especially if they can "come back from the dead" or there are post death implications. I also want to see him replaced, but at this point, if he is replaced, we also need to extend the D1 deadline.

I went back through the thread so far and the best case I can come up with is Doom. He claims VT after only 2 votes (no where near being lynched) and claims that he knows I am as well. This after he accuses me of lying but doesn't really state where he knows I am lying. Further, I don't believe there are ANY VTs in this game. Since this is an official game, I would expect almost everyone to have some sort of power role, post restriction, or other quirk that makes them non-vanilla. So, Doom claiming VT is suspicious in and of itself.

As to Doom wanting a response to his "accusation" of me being a VT, I still want him to tell me where I was lying. As I stated, I don't think there are any VTs in this game and that is all I will reveal about my role at this time. No one is currently voting for me and until I get a significant number of votes, I won't claim.

Two other things stand out:

1. Doom and Rishaed pushing for no lynch, especially in light of the rules where there is a 50% chance the highest vote getter will die in the event of a NL. Voting NL wipes that out. It is just noted for now.

2. Ghostly's overreaction from before is noted as well. I think personally its not much of a starter, but he hasn't posted lately as well to respond. It may be time to pressure him as a secondary case.

Also, those who don't want to hang Sully simply because he is inactive - do you want to hang someone, or end day 1 with NL?

humm actually i reread this and it kind of makes sense. he didn't say he wasn't a human, he said he wasn't a vt and he thinks there are none... knowing that humans are not really VTs.
I think this case is flawed.

unvote vote no lynch
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Yeah, that's kinda the culture. Always has been. Trust me, it's happened to the best of us. Nothing to get worked up over.

And what do you suggest we do? Clearly that wasn't a case of apathy (and to my reckoning, neither was yours, to be fair), but now he's claimed and Doom has claimed that he and Sully are the same almost vanilla role. Given now four instances off the top of my head of said role, I'm inclined to believe this. You'll have to define "others".

That was one damn qualified opinion. Know that your words will be picked apart to no end (I've never seen you before so I'm just assuming you're new). Also giving up will net you nothing, unless you've either been caught in a lie (highly likely, considering) or else a lot of people are just following their guts. That is, after all, all they have to go on, right?

Seriously, though, your best move woud be to claim.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 am

It doesn't look like he's going to claim. As I doubt we'll be getting a lynch before deadline (midnight tonight, I believe) should we all agree that elonpuck should be the first case we work on D2? And also, if there are any investigative roles, could you check him out?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 am

I can agree we probably wont make it to a lynch today, so if we have nothing better to go off of tomorrow, I would note that he would be a good candidate for pressure tomorrow.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:26 am

new guy1 wrote:I can agree we probably wont make it to a lynch today, so if we have nothing better to go off of tomorrow, I would note that he would be a good candidate for pressure tomorrow.

if he's still alive! i remind you guys that he has 50% chnces to die right now.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 am

If I'm not alive tomorrow, I just want to get my scumreads out. Well, really, scum read. I think new guy is probably scum and that Rodion is probably town or 3rd party. These are just meta reads, and I don't use meta to build cases, but it may be a place to direct attention tomorrow.

I am pretty sure elon just ragequit. We may as well kill him at this point.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 am

vodean wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I think doom is onto something in all honesty. Going back, It was a very strange way of putting it. It didnt alarm me fully, but it did kind of make me think why he had to mention his gut so much, etc.

Unvote Vote Elon.

I don't remember if / is picky about it, but you might need to colour your vote.

ok, I see things the same way as ng1 and spiesr, that's good enought for a day 1. What tickles me the most is that he says he is not a vt/human, and to tell the truth I don't really see what other roles could be town and not human. The principle of the human role is that we are going to screw ourselves being too curious at night, or get recruited. I don't believe someone could be town and not a human. Day 1 we all have our sanity and I should've thought of this before.

unevote vote elon

he did not say that he is not a human, just that he is not a human like doom. i believe he is not the only one. i think its suspicious that all he has to go on is his gut, but i disagree heartily with everything doom has said. like everyone agrees, it was doom, not elon, that was lying. now people are seeing a BW and chaging their opinions. FOS iron, Betiko, spi, and lovo. you guys are being ridiculous. Now elon may well be scum, but your argument is dead wrong. oh and doom, if you want us to believe that you are so helpful to town, tell us your alignment.

A. Skimming Vod? Or just twisting words? ELON is the only one who has said that DOOM was lying, the rest of us were just suspicious.
B. Doom really can't say anything more on his alignment . . . he already claimed human VT.
C. I'm FOS'ing you and find that if elon flips scum then you should be our next target. . .
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:If I'm not alive tomorrow, I just want to get my scumreads out. Well, really, scum read. I think new guy is probably scum and that Rodion is probably town or 3rd party. These are just meta reads, and I don't use meta to build cases, but it may be a place to direct attention tomorrow.

I am pretty sure elon just ragequit. We may as well kill him at this point.

He put in another game "Remove me from this game. I will not be playing any more Mafia after I die in H P Lovecraft," so I'm pretty sure he rage quit ALL MAFIA GAMES. :roll:
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Its not for everyone.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jak111 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:45 pm

I think a lynch is in order here, we've caught him and he is obviously pissed that we did so D1. FOS those who think we should stall a day and pressure tomorrow when he basically quit.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:28 pm

People take this game far too personally.

Unvote Vote elon
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Yep ... it's getting old ... unvote vote elon ... ciao!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm

We currently are at L-2(10 votes/12 needed votes). Elon I would claim now, if you read this, if not you'll probably get lynched. How much time do we have?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:54 pm

rishaed wrote:We currently are at L-2(10 votes/12 needed votes). Elon I would claim now, if you read this, if not you'll probably get lynched. How much time do we have /?

EBWOP
/ can we get a VC as well. I'm pretty sure i counted correctly but I want to make sure.

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 pm

the guy said he knew there were no VTs in the game and is probably the first one to mention it. I think only humans could know at that point that there were no VTs. And the argument of "you're pissed means you are scum" is ridiculous. I think you get much more pissed when you are town and people build dumb cases on you and you get lynched. he will turn out human, I a sure about that.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives