Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five, One Needed

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Nendreel wrote:That isn't looking like a winning team to me.

Also right now we've pretty much won the game with a lot of people if they clue in to the numbers and work together here. The winning part is only failing at the moment because people are too sketchy. A few are Elder Gods (obviously there are some trying to convert people's attention away from them) but a few are just confused as to if they should trust me or not.

I say, provide someone I can put out that will gain trust, what can I answer that will gain the trust of the people so that we can have a multi win scenario?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 pm

You do realize that you claim Elder Gods to be a killing faction and that if that is correct they can stop your whole plan of "making everyone but them win" by killing you tonight, right? After all, Nendreel cannot reanimate a God and it seems you've abandoned your hider fakeclaim, so you cannot escape death tonight and all you can really do is attempt to recruit 1 more player to aid your losing cause.

By the way, if the Elder Gods do exist, I believe Hippo to be one of them.
General Rodion

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five NEED RESERVES

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Rodion wrote:By the way, if the Elder Gods do exist, I believe Hippo to be one of them.

Rodion wrote:Not sure any more factions "fit" the size of the game. Let's see...
c) a group of Elder Gods, in the plural (thus at least 2), according to Jak

There seems to be a problem with your little story Rodion, earlier you said I could be making up the whole Elder Gods and now you CONFIRM they're in the game. Interesting, care to explain?

Rodion, like I've said, after checking through what we've got, you seem to be 100% human (whether town or survivor, whatever). So why not just joint with us? I am pretty much certain there will be a protection role on me tonight if I am still breathing, so the Elder Gods killing ability do not frighten me.

Our debates aside, if you think Hippo is an Elder God, what are your takes on Iron?
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Sorry for double post.

Never mind, you're not confirming them, I read that wrong -.-
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Joining you is not a choice that relies on me. While I'm town, I'll try to get you killed. If I'm ever recruited, I'll help you. I'm not going to help you BEFORE I'm recruited because many things could go wrong, such as you targeting someone else, an alien interfering with my recruitment (like you claim to have happened N3) or someone killing me before the recruitment "procs".

jak111 wrote:Our debates aside, if you think Hippo is an Elder God, what are your takes on Iron?

Again, assuming Elder Gods are in the game, he could very well be a 2nd Elder God. Or not. As I said, the Elder Gods pool is somewhat narrow if you assume nobody managed to sneak into the Yoshi-humans group. The Gods would pretty much be 2/3 out of Hippo, IB, Little Witt and LSU (I might have forgotten a name or two), with one of them being able to instantly clear himself by claiming to be Nendreel's buddy. Elder Gods, if they do exist, will start falling tomorrow.

jak111 wrote:Sorry for double post.

Of course you did.
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Depending on how eager to find Elder God's you are, if Saf's PM is correct and I get recruited, I could give the name of X up because of the WC change. I will be checking that tonight however, I should have done it earlier, However considering that I have already use the Worship X condition I am not sure if something like that would change it. However since I cannot decide between Rodian and Jak, I'll let a 50/50 go up.
fp'd by rodian
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Little Witt on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Do we have 8 votes on jak? I don't remember, but I think there is something he is not telling us by way of A. only telling the partial truth. B. Flat out lying. or C. Him being something much more deadly to us all... I am keeping my vote on jak, but two other people have shown stuff that raises my eyebrow.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Rodion wrote:
jak111 wrote:Sorry for double post.

Of course you did.

If I was trying to lie I would not have fixed it right away Rodion. If you want the win, we pretty much gotta narrow down the Elder Gods. I think I know who I will recruit tonight if I live, but I'd rather wait until tomorrow to confirm anything.

You say that if you live is a factor? Right now to live since I cannot kill you (besides a lynch which I'd rather not since you're human) so if you wish to LIVE then I'd suggest helping to eliminate the Elder Gods. There are a few that have role block capabilities so if we get the reads right today we may be able to get through the night without any incidents. The two remaining aliens can even block off their votes so that tomorrow they are powerless to stop their slaughter from the rest of us.

But I find something interesting, there seems to be more TOWN claims coming to the surface now that a cult in present. Is it just me or do I sense that 1 of those claims may be an Elder God trying to throw me off the trail for a whole day? With the numbers left it would be easy to recruit the remaining town if we eliminate the Elder God threat. Let's say we believe most of the town claims (besides the ones confirmed) there are approximately 3-4 max town left in the game, lower than the survivors and lower than the cult. Just about the same power number of the Elder Gods.

As far as the whole interference goes, with the ability to now communicate to the aliens through our alien cult, we can effectively pinpoint our moves in the night so that they do NOT interfere with us recruiting the town.

Fastposted by Little Wit, I am not deadly to you at all, I have NO killing power, I can only recruit and I am public with my intentions to recruit the remaining town.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Unvote Vote Jak

You're spreading falsehoods and twisting words. Your life should not be conditional on bargaining.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 pm

pancakemix wrote:Unvote Vote Jak

You're spreading falsehoods and twisting words. Your life should not be conditional on bargaining.

EBWOP: And making Rodion mad is truly a sight to behold. :lol:
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm

jak111 wrote:
Nendreel wrote:
jak111 wrote:I am actually quite interested right now in seeing who are survivor humans, because now is the time that people begin to show their true colours when their "wc" is pretty much handed to them on a silver platter. Though I am disappointed in the lack of help vote wise to achieve the WC.

What were you expecting? They are Survivors, they'll go with what helps them win, and things aren't looking good for you right now.

You aren't keeping track of what your recruits have said.
You aren't keeping track of what your recruits have done.
One of your recruits is rebelling against you.
You flubbed your case against Rodion pretty badly.
Finally, you want us to trust you, but you haven't offered anything of substance.

That isn't looking like a winning team to me.

Nothing of substance? I have provided a clear enemy and a way for a majority to win the game. I'd say that is pretty substantial.

I do like how that's the one part you respond too. No, you haven't provided anything of substance. You have said that the Elder Gods are enemies, but you can't point out who one is. So going by merely pointing out EGs exist then Vodean gets credit for that.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby / on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Vote Count

Jak: 7 votes: rodion, IB, little witt, nendreel, jonty, Pancake ???
Rodion: 2 votes: rishaed, doom
IB: 1 vote: jak

Right, my bad, 19 alive... 8 to lynch
deadline extended to Thursday by request

Mind your tempers, thanks.

chapcrap will be replacing LSU now.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm

I would question why Betiko has not voted Jak but I think I already have the answer. He has been fishing for my alignment for recruitment. He stated that given a choice between Rodian and jak he feels Jak more truthful.

So Betiko why have you not voted Jak?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Betiko, spiesr and Saf are captive minds. They have no votes today.
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Wait a sec guys. We've got a Double VOTER here! See the ???'s None of the Aliens votes show up as theirs, however this is new! If I had to guess it would be littlewitt seeing as we haven't had one so far and Swifte's been AFK the entire time.
fp'd by rodian
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Rodion wrote:Betiko, spiesr and Saf are captive minds. They have no votes today.

DUH
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 pm

rishaed wrote:Wait a sec guys. We've got a Double VOTER here! See the ???'s None of the Aliens votes show up as theirs, however this is new! If I had to guess it would be littlewitt seeing as we haven't had one so far and Swifte's been AFK the entire time.
fp'd by rodian

So there is no confusion the double voter is me. It is a one shot night action I received. By the way I really really believe Jak is scum :lol:

Rishead you have a vested interest in Jak living so whoop de doooooo.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm

When I slept N1, I randomly got an extra vote for D2 (flavour said some dude gave me a lesson on rhetorics or something - I don't have that PM anymore). You don't know that because I never got to use it, but I'd guess this ??? vote is more likely a 1-shot thing than an actual doublevoter, if that is relevant at all.

FPed by IB.
General Rodion

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

rishaed wrote:Wait a sec guys. We've got a Double VOTER here! See the ???'s None of the Aliens votes show up as theirs, however this is new! If I had to guess it would be littlewitt seeing as we haven't had one so far and Swifte's been AFK the entire time.
fp'd by rodian

Hmm, this is interesting, a DOUBLE voter wants me out of the game. The question is, why does it want it so badly? With my openness against the Elder Gods it is clear that they are on the wagon for sure.

Pancake, it wouldn't be my life you were just condemning in a lynch, you'd also be saying 4 others do not deserve a chance to try for the multi win.

I have offered my suggestion so that we may all win, it is obvious that people have been lying about their WC's if the wagon on me is that big. Once I die, the town must kill off the remaining cult, my question is, is it worth it when you can just as easily be recruited as apposed to killing off potential allies?

There are 19 alive, 8 to lynch, 5 cult members, 2 aliens, 1 aligned human, and a few unaligned survivors with a very few amount of townies that can be converted. There are 3 max Elder Gods so potentially 16 people can win the game if they follow my plan.

However, if they decide to go lynching off all the cult, that would make 19 alive, but 9 people they must lynch making only 10 tops winning the game and that's assuming the Elder Gods are stopped in time. Are the numbers worth it? Town and survivors will die off, many will lose their WC's for not surviving and the Elder Gods may gain the book and win.

If you would throw away a win just for a cult then I feel sorry for you honestly.

Fastposted twice, oh lookie, two COUNTER CLAIMS.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 pm

I think Rodion answered your question pretty well Jak.
Rodion wrote:Joining you is not a choice that relies on me. While I'm town, I'll try to get you killed. If I'm ever recruited, I'll help you. I'm not going to help you BEFORE I'm recruited because many things could go wrong, such as you targeting someone else, an alien interfering with my recruitment (like you claim to have happened N3) or someone killing me before the recruitment "procs"
Also, the mountain of contradictions and lies and that have dumped all over the place today doesn't help your case much...
Captain spiesr

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Well I have done what I can to create a mutually beneficial win for a majority, it really isn't my problem if the town loses the game due to their ignorance. I've done the math correctly. For them to win at this moment they would have to lynch EVERY day without a mislynch, a single mislynch would cause a loss and Elder Gods would be victorious.

If the survivors are interested in something to guarantee their win and force town to play ball with that win, all you need to do is attach your wc to Doom and they either play ball or they lose.

No cult WC has to survive to win, we just need 1 to make it to endgame. With the numbers left in the game, if you attach yourselves to an existing cult member it will give you a win and force town to play ball to win it. This message are for those who are interested in my joint plan. If the town has even 1 more person that is with the cult they gotta play ball with us.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby Commander9 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:02 pm

84 pages? What the... I'll catch up tomorrow.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 pm

IB gets to double vote here too?? :D ;) nice skimming by the way, I might have mentioned in like 10 posts that I can't vote today, and it might have been mentioned like 20 times by others that saf, spiesr and myself are captives and not voting for the day.
And yes, I have asked you quite many times to confirm or deny my alignment result i got from you since 3 days and you seem to think that by ignoring me over and over I will let go. I think you know by now that when someone ignores me deliberately like that it doesn't make me let go on it, for as much wifom you are now trying to throw in to gain some more time.

regarding the votes, i don't get it... shouldn't it be 7 to lynch? 10 majority -3 captive minds? or with IB's double vote / counts 17 votes total?
Major betiko

Postby jak111 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 pm

betiko wrote:IB gets to double vote here too?? :D ;) nice skimming by the way, I might have mentioned in like 10 posts that I can't vote today, and it might have been mentioned like 20 times by others that saf, spiesr and myself are captives and not voting for the day.
And yes, I have asked you quite many times to confirm or deny my alignment result i got from you since 3 days and you seem to think that by ignoring me over and over I will let go. I think you know by now that when someone ignores me deliberately like that it doesn't make me let go on it, for as much wifom you are now trying to throw in to gain some more time.

regarding the votes, i don't get it... shouldn't it be 7 to lynch? 10 majority -3 captive minds? or with IB's double vote / counts 17 votes total?

Betiko, you interested in the new plan I just suggested? It will make the town back off with their votes if they wish to win. Right now they are already outnumbered by cult, aliens, and Elder Gods, but assuming the aliens do not side with the cult and survivors for auto win once we recruit town, then all we require is one more person to attach themselves to us and the town will be forced to play our game.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm

jak111 wrote:Well I have done what I can to create a mutually beneficial win for a majority, it really isn't my problem if the town loses the game due to their ignorance. I've done the math correctly. For them to win at this moment they would have to lynch EVERY day without a mislynch, a single mislynch would cause a loss and Elder Gods would be victorious.
Three questions.
1. How many Elder Gods are there?
2. What is their win condition?
3. How do you know these things?
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives