Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Ten

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:If you know that jonty, Rodion and spiesr all have killing abilities, what more are you looking for? Isn't that enough?

wow. so now rodion has a killing ability. I thought you said that zombies had no abilities and he's a zombie just like you, which you obviously know. nice slip about that BS you came up with regarding zombies who lose their abilities.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:If you know that jonty, Rodion and spiesr all have killing abilities, what more are you looking for? Isn't that enough?
I have not successfully killed anyone thus far.
Captain spiesr

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Seven

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Nendreel wrote:Role math time again. I modified Rodion's list from D5 to save time.

26 players

3 Elder Things (Lovo, CM5, ghostly)
3 Yith (Kanin, Comm9, NG1)
1 Shoggoth (elon)
1 Black Brotherhood Leader (Strike)
2 Re-Animators (Nen, PCM)
1 Recruiter (Jak)
9 Unaligned JOAT Humans (Chuck, Yoshi, Betiko, Rishaed, Edoc, Vodean, IB, Jonty, chap)
3 Town JOAT humans (Saf, Rodion, spiesr)
1 Town dreamer king (Soundman)
1 Outer God (Hippo)
1 Other (Witt)
[/quote]

I thought it was time that I reposted this.

Just a reminder of why Nendreel needed to go. It is also a reminder of a skewed world of unreality. Those of you who know you are in the wrong place and/or know that others are listed in places that should be - take heed.

Compare this to:

betiko wrote:ok just a little recap isn't going to hurt anybody, as you can see all townies have been targeted at some point, even though they are all here. It's definitely someone's win condition to kill them all:

DoomYoshi: normal unaligned? human(targeted twice, zombie, cult)
betiko: normal unaligned? human (killing ability)
jonty125: normal unaligned? human (killing ability)
rishaed: normal unaligned? human (aligned to hippo then changed to survivor? killing ability?)

new guy1, yith
Commander9, yith (cult)

thehippo8, human form yog (killing ability)

pancakemix, reviver doc (killing ability?)

Rodion town joat (targeted twice, zombie, killing ability)
soundman, town dreamer (revived, killing ability?)
spiesr, town doc (revived, formerly? insane, killing ability)
safariguy5, town joat (revived, killing ability?)

also, how can chapcrap be in a yith body and not the other way around? / did you get that right?

Aside from the revived - Rodion and Rishaed stick out like sore thumbs!

Rishaed has been all over the place and playing far too scummy to keep around. He has tried to fly under the radar and until now done a pretty good job of it. But your number is up buddy! Vote Rishaed.

@ Betico - There is an often misunderstood misconnection between the book The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers (1895) and the Lovecraft version. H.P. Lovecraft read Chambers book in early 1927 and included passing references in his own writings (ie, the Lake of Hali and the Yellow Sign—in "The Whisperer in Darkness" (1931), one of his seminal Cthulhu Mythos stories). Lovecraft borrowed Chambers' method of only vaguely referring to supernatural events, entities, and places, thereby allowing his readers to imagine the horror for themselves. The imaginary play The King in Yellow effectively became another piece of occult literature in the Cthulhu Mythos alongside the Necronomicon and others. In the story, Lovecraft linked the Yellow Sign to Hastur. Hastur (The Unspeakable One, Him Who Is Not to be Named, Assatur, Xastur, or Kaiwan) is a fictional entity (Great Old One) of the Cthulhu Mythos. The King in Yellow is merely one of many aspects of this potent and truly amorphous denizen.

Fastposted a bunch
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:10 am

If you Would be so kind to point out where I have been scummy then maybe I could actually argue with you, sir Hippo. Understandably I was scummy earlier refusing to give up who u was aligned with ( you), sir Hippo. Other than that I have been honest and in towns best interest the entire game. I object being called scummy by someone who killed our reviver thus keeping our numbers even these past several nights. Even I do not see your logic, and I suspect if we can get jonty to lynch you then you like lilwitt will die from the game. IMHO other than the SK or possibly from flavor sks
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 am

If you Would be so kind to point out where I have been scummy then maybe I could actually argue with you, sir Hippo. Understandably I was scummy earlier refusing to give up who u was aligned with ( you), sir Hippo. Other than that I have been honest and in towns best interest the entire game. I object being called scummy by someone who killed our reviver thus keeping our numbers even these past several nights. Even I do not see your logic, and I suspect if we can get jonty to lynch you then you like lilwitt will die from the game. IMHO other than the SK or possibly from flavor sks you are a town threat who will likely kill the doc tonight.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 am

@ Rishaed - forgetful much? That was a switch from Betiko only a few posts earlier when you wanted to lunch [sic] Betiko more than me. And yes, I am unlunchable. In this one you try and paint yourself as reasonable and appropriate (classic scum-tell) and (in response to IB) you try and paint Nendreel as non-scum. I guess you are doing what any self-respecting chamelion would do once located by your prey. My vote stays on you, thanks. And as for all this - we are joined at the hip stuff, umm ... nope!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 am

I'm not convinced rishaed is the townie killer. Even if it wasn't backed up, he slept the night a townie was killed. Rishaed, why did you chose to worship hippo so early in the game by the way?

other thing, I just realized why chap was in a yith body, doh'! I tried to kill him night 8 but kanin switched bodies with him, so he obviously was in kanin's body since night 8, so targeting him night 8 actually targeted his body (resulting in kanin's death) and targeting him again night 9 targeted his soul (while in kanin's body, as there was no more kanin). So actually there was no busdrive or anything strange and it all adds up. NG; I suggest you don't take over any human body tonight as it might just end up getting you killed by accident. I believe elder things or the shoggoth were your enemies, as you seem to have none.

Spiesr, as you have been insane and from what you are telling us now you are not anymore; how did that state affected you and did it alter your WC? why did you change the title of your post while insane only once, what was your PR?

Hippo, I don't get how your post proves that nendreel needed to go.

Last, I see that I'm still the only one having no probs to list his actions since night 1. Ok, I'll still do it as I can be transparent about it and I already revealed almost everything.

night 1: slept and received a 1 shot ability I still didn't use yet
night 2: asked yog for IB's alignment (unaligned at the time)
night 3: tried the attempt to kill ability on crazy milkshake and it worked (he hadn't posted a thing since day 1 and / had trouble with replacements)
night 4: tried the attempt to kill on chuck and it worked (we basically replaced sully with chuck, another inactive so I wanted to see if the attempt to kill could work twice in a row and get rid of dead weight)
night 5: got abducted by the yith and got masoned with spiesr & saf for the night
night 6: got annoyed by edoc's speech about not needing to participate because of the nature of his role. Bam! Less dead weight with unknown actions
night 7: slept and got a mason ability that I used on IB.
night 8: attempted to kill chap (I had been asking him in other forums to participate, not just replace to get a medal not doing anything, he always had excuses but time to post everywhere else) bam! Unfortunately kanin switched bodies with him that night
night 9: tried for chap again and got him this time.

As you see I might have done some slightly ugly stuff, but is there any player there that you regret and that would have made things simpler for you at this point? I guess you guys are going to be hypocrits and say that killing crazy, chuck, edoc and chap was a bad thing but you are all happy that they aren't around. We don't have the doubt that these guys are scummarining and up to no good. In fact, nendreel prefered not to use his revival ability on any of them because he thought we were better off without them. I have learnt from other games how difficult things are when you have too many players unusefull left, didn't want to be in this situation. I guess a lot of you are going to push the night phase now and try not to reveal all you did. I will probably get killed tonight, so with all this I can openly ask town who they want me to kill tonight.

note to /: if I target the someone and this same person targets me on the same night; do we both end up killed?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 am

betiko wrote:

wow. so now rodion has a killing ability. I thought you said that zombies had no abilities and he's a zombie just like you, which you obviously know. nice slip about that BS you came up with regarding zombies who lose their abilities.

I was going off your list... Yes, it's a slip, but not the type you are thinking.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:

I was going off your list... Yes, it's a slip, but not the type you are thinking.

well what type of slip then? as far as I know, you are not masoned with rodion and you have no access to that kind of info. Unless you are because you are still cult and rodion is cult as I suspected earier. Or are zombies masoned? Second slip?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 am

I hammered ghostly, and got the Necromicon. My random sleep effect means I am voteless for today.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 am

spiesr wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Righto team, that's Nendreel taken care of. Now we need to try and work out who the killer of humans is. Maybe I should have told you I was unlynchable, but really - did you think you could kill the man in yellow? Come on! Just a little bit of reverence to mythos would go down well! Anyway, I wanted to tell you I was helping town, tell I was going to kill the re-animator and basically prove myself. Can we please now get on with this game properly so town can win?
Since Nendreel appears to have been harmless why should we accept you killing him? Why shouldn't we just try to lynch you again today? (Under the assumption that your unlynchable power was one shot as Little Witt's seems to have been.)
Why did pancakemix not protect his partner, or can hippo kill through protection?

I did. Some shenanigans are afoot. You should probably try to lynch hippo again. It is kinda obvious that he's setting everyone against each other.

I have no idea why anyone thinks I have a killing ability. Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a murderer. :P
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm

pancakemix wrote:
spiesr wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Righto team, that's Nendreel taken care of. Now we need to try and work out who the killer of humans is. Maybe I should have told you I was unlynchable, but really - did you think you could kill the man in yellow? Come on! Just a little bit of reverence to mythos would go down well! Anyway, I wanted to tell you I was helping town, tell I was going to kill the re-animator and basically prove myself. Can we please now get on with this game properly so town can win?
Since Nendreel appears to have been harmless why should we accept you killing him? Why shouldn't we just try to lynch you again today? (Under the assumption that your unlynchable power was one shot as Little Witt's seems to have been.)
Why did pancakemix not protect his partner, or can hippo kill through protection?

I did. Some shenanigans are afoot. You should probably try to lynch hippo again. It is kinda obvious that he's setting everyone against each other.

I have no idea why anyone thinks I have a killing ability. Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a murderer. :P

can you remind me of spiesr's abilities? ;)
Also your role changed to doc after you guys made your acheived your zombie thingy according to you. What exactly was your role before being a doc as a helper other than a "corpse provider"? Can you let us know all the revival/protection attempts you guys did since day 1? would be interesting to retrace the other kill attempts to find a pattern.
Also, NG would really need your help on this. Can you look through all the yith info database about potential killers?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@ Rishaed - forgetful much? That was a switch from Betiko only a few posts earlier when you wanted to lunch [sic] Betiko more than me. And yes, I am unlunchable. In this one you try and paint yourself as reasonable and appropriate (classic scum-tell) and (in response to IB) you try and paint Nendreel as non-scum. I guess you are doing what any self-respecting chamelion would do once located by your prey. My vote stays on you, thanks. And as for all this - we are joined at the hip stuff, umm ... nope!

Im gonna bullet these.
A. I came right out and said that I would be willing to vote you over betiko out in my post THIS ONE at the end of it
B. as for the lunching part my autocorrect on my itouch got ahold of my words, that you are trying to twist that into a case, is highly suspicious.
C. I HAVE been reasonable and appropriate See. here and here, AND to your entire joined at the hip we were until D7 in this post HERE!. I have been offering whatever information to town that I felt was reasonable through questions, or to help by what i felt was a reasonable vig at the time (saf). I don't see where you are saying that I am trying to paint myself as such when I have been like that.
D. Nendreel Showed up in LIGHT BLUE for pities sake! It doesn't confirm anything but Elderthings, cult, and Witt were anything but a shade of blue, and were certainly not in anyways related to town. IT seems you have had the hots for Nendreel (looking back for awhile).
E. Betiko in response to your question here is the link My reason why. . .

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:06 pm

betiko wrote:Spiesr, as you have been insane and from what you are telling us now you are not anymore; how did that state affected you and did it alter your WC? why did you change the title of your post while insane only once, what was your PR?
Let's break down the insanity thing quick.
Night 6 I asked about Little Witt's alignment. The response I got was that his goal was to revive humans. I also saw the text ?!$^!M○╝+&$⌐ñ3§49#8♥+┬* and lost my vote. I assume that this is the point where I became insane, but I cannot be certain.
Night 7 I asked about Hippo's alignment. I was told that his goal is to kill Hastur. I was also killed that night.
After Night 8 I was revived. At this time I was told that I had my vote again. I was not informed of any other changes to my condition.
Night 9 I used my doctor ability on Pancakemix.

So, I think, but can't be sure, that I became insane around the time when I asked about Little Witt's alignment. I lost my vote at the time and saw some weird stuff. I was told my vote was back when I was revived. I cannot be certain why this happened. It may be related to my revival or it may have been a temporary effect that wore off while I was dead, I don't know. I do not have any indication of my current sanity. Someone could ask about it of course, but I don't think we have any other way to know for sure. I do not know if they answers to my questions about alignment are correct or not. I never had a post restriction assigned and just put that text in my post to see what responses it would generate/shits and giggles.

Now on to you Betiko. First off what the hell? You've killed 5 people and only one was (probably?) a threat to the town. That is not an acceptable way to play so knock it off or we might have to kill you just to stop your killing spree. Especially bad were the two attempts at Chapcrap. By that point in the game we had plenty of suspicious people for you to try and kill and for some reason who went out and killed survivors instead.
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 pm

After Betico's post I have to apologise to Rishaed. Here was I assuming that it was Rishaed on the killing spree when it was actually Betico. I get your point about my (long) post not explaining my kill on Nendreel as well as it might. In short, my theory is that there are normal humans and then there are "the experiment". They cannt be the same thing - hence me removing the reviver. But, Rishaed, I am rethinking things and accordingly ... unvote for now. I need to go back and read things with this new information in mind. And here was I thinking I knew everything!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_West

oh wow, those zombies seem to be nice guys!
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey, I am just here to say I will help town in any way I can, and while some of the messages of my partners have been erased by the sands of time (AKA the damn database), I can not recount every single role that we had a hold of. I know that we shared the information we got, and so the list showing all the roles is probably as close to correct as anything. Anyone that we were unable to control, the town has effectivley lynched, except for hippo, and as far as all the roles, I dont know if I ever took over a zombie or not, but if I did then their role pms looked no different then town's. The only role that I cannot say I trust is hippo, and that is only because I could not posses him.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Also, under the new enlightenment of betiko's link to a bio on herbet west, I must agree that I definately want a hug from one of those fellows that was revived, because it definately sounds like they are safe... In case you dont know, that is sarcasm, and they sound like a potential threat to town, but that's just my two cents worth on the matter.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:00 pm

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:

well what type of slip then? as far as I know, you are not masoned with rodion and you have no access to that kind of info. Unless you are because you are still cult and rodion is cult as I suspected earier. Or are zombies masoned? Second slip?

The type of slip where I copied information from your list without thinking about it. I thought that was obvious.

I am fine with killing Rodion, in order to clear the zombies of being an evil faction. As for the re-animated, I can't say for sure.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 pm

If you want to go that way...

Vote DoomYoshi.

This lynch:
a) clears the zombies (or, rather, the one remaining zombie: me) of being an evil faction
b) enlighten us on the status of surviving cultists, since neither has flipped afterJak's lynch
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:16 pm

I'll go with that, instead of vodean we should have lynched doom back at D5/D6. . . It would have saved a lynch. however I'm not completely convinced yet, but seeing as Jonty can't vote a lynch on Hippo is pretty much impossible. unvote

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 pm

humm let me think, a confirmed cult+zombie over a confirmed town+zombie...

vote doom
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm

We know that the cult is disbanded with the death of vodean.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Im calling BS^ after that fiasco we had, (i admit i was pushing for it) you cannot say for certain that the cult was disbanded considering that vodean was not proven to be a 100%cult. However with the number of deaths we have had without cult showing it is highly probable that cult disbanded.

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 am

betiko wrote:
pancakemix wrote:I did. Some shenanigans are afoot. You should probably try to lynch hippo again. It is kinda obvious that he's setting everyone against each other.

can you remind me of spiesr's abilities? ;)
Also your role changed to doc after you guys made your acheived your zombie thingy according to you. What exactly was your role before being a doc as a helper other than a "corpse provider"? Can you let us know all the revival/protection attempts you guys did since day 1? would be interesting to retrace the other kill attempts to find a pattern.
Also, NG would really need your help on this. Can you look through all the yith info database about potential killers?

If you're referring to Nendreel's later resurrections, all I can say was those were completely his idea and I didn't agree with them. I thought they'd make the game go on too long.

My role pre-victory was zombie reviver. The difference is slight, but important. Doctors protect the living. Reanimators revive the dead. The thing was, our dead had to be fresh in order to test the formula, so we had to get there soon after they died. So we'd revive them before anyone could notice. In short, the only difference is that I don't zombify.

betiko wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_West

oh wow, those zombies seem to be nice guys!

To be fair, Herbert West is the only person the zombies wanted to kill, at least in the Lovecraft story. I can't speak for any adaptations.

I'm for a doom lynch, but I think that when you know someone is killing people, you should probably deal with that. Hippo's already lied to us, we shouldn't take anything he says at face value.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives