Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Bold Blue is my response to Vodean. Come on buddy, please read. I am a survivor, that is my alignment and my WC in...wait for it...To survive. :)

I believe this to be false Ghostly. At least you're not a survivor. Vote Ghostly.. If you're gonna claim this I want details, there's too many third party survivor claims up in the air and to have a 3rd group of survivors, I don't buy it one bit.

Also, the Lovo lynch yesterday proved to our benefit, it is under my understanding that the Elder Things are the enemy, and an "Elder God" even if it is a true claim it sounds like he is aligned with a common enemy here.

Lovo lying about his claim is proof to me that the Elder Things are not in our benefit.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby vodean on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Bold Blue is my response to Vodean. Come on buddy, please read. I am a survivor, that is my alignment and my WC in...wait for it...To survive. :)

that is a lie. i dont know why you are lying, but your WC is to eliminate the elder gods AND outer gods. fp jak
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 pm

How do you know that, Vodean?
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Rodion wrote:How do you know that, Vodean?

+1

Also, thank you for giving up on your "PR".

Unvote Vote Ghostly
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Maybe he asked yog-sogath and that is what he was told. I dont know how accurate yog-sogath's information is, as I have not used him, but I will Vote ghostly until I learn more.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:29 pm

yes... how the hell did you get that type of specific info vode? i think yog wouldn't give that much intel.. Is it the other type of wierd thingy? Also can someone give a better explanation about elder gods, are they directly lovecraft related or lovecraft inspired? from what i understood on wiki they are lovecraft inspired and therefore shouldn't be in this game? I feel alone in this overwhelming lovecraft universe i don't understand!
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:33 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Ok, that's twice you've made the same mistake.

unvote vote ghostly

You are not an Elder God. The fact that you think you are proves that you are not telling us something.
There is no reason for the phrase "Elder God" to even be in your mind, unless your role PM tells you about the Elder Gods. So, tell us what you know about the Elder Gods.

I quoted from my original and cut out the rest.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 pm

jak111 wrote:

I believe this to be false Ghostly. At least you're not a survivor. Vote Ghostly.. If you're gonna claim this I want details, there's too many third party survivor claims up in the air and to have a 3rd group of survivors, I don't buy it one bit.

Also, the Lovo lynch yesterday proved to our benefit, it is under my understanding that the Elder Things are the enemy, and an "Elder God" even if it is a true claim it sounds like he is aligned with a common enemy here.

Lovo lying about his claim is proof to me that the Elder Things are not in our benefit.

King of skim? I posted it towards the end of Day 3. Go back and get details.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm

vodean wrote:

that is a lie. i dont know why you are lying, but your WC is to eliminate the elder gods AND outer gods. fp jak

Tell me why I am somehow lying and I will tell you your full of shit. I am hating that I was forced to claim already just because someone voted me without a cause, bringing me into the spot light, I will go out and smash a babies head if I get lynched for someone saying something like this without backing it up.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you oh great Rodion for your wealth of brains in asking why these people say what they say. Oh woe is me, please why cant we have more like you?

pancakemix wrote:

+1

Unvote Vote Ghostly

Im lovin the straight up unnoted BW

new guy1 wrote:

Maybe he asked yog-sogath and that is what he was told. I dont know how accurate yog-sogath's information is, as I have not used him, but I will Vote ghostly until I learn more.

Another hint at his claim being these worshipping VT's. How many are there?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

Thank you oh great Rodion for your wealth of brains in asking why these people say what they say. Oh woe is me, please why cant we have more like you?

pancakemix wrote:

+1

Unvote Vote Ghostly

Im lovin the straight up unnoted BW

new guy1 wrote:

Another hint at his claim being these worshipping VT's. How many are there?

As for your last question I feel that we are the footsoldiers of Town ATM, most of them aren't worshipping anyone, just me atm. Which allows me to infer that you have some sort of lyncher mechanism, because flavor has only hinted at Elder Things killing people from what we know. It could be however that you can attempt to kill someone, but it doesn't work unless they are either an Outer/Elder God. Voting for you at this point won't really help me though. . .
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Since apparently this past game night stuck eerbody as foolish, or just plain ignorant let me go back and get you my claim, my showing and recognition of screw ups, etc so that you all dont have to put your minds to work in actually making a legitimate case. Because I would hate it if I defended it yesterday, and DIDNT END UP GETTING LYNCHED TODAY (Sarcasm noted? I hope so...)

ghostly447 wrote:Okay then. I claim. I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor. God of the Red Flux. I am a worshipped God, by some, in this game. Through worshipping me, you are sent into insanity for a single day. Through killing me, you hinder all that is in my possession which are my followers that have previously worshipped me, or have the option to do so (I can only be led to beleive they are humans which worship me). Through killing me, this entire faction is left without a God to follow, causing them to:

1) Go insane
2) Become a small Cult which chooses to worship me, in vain of course, and ultimately becomes yet another mafia.

This can also happen through the killing of me during the night. If I am killed during the night phase, and any of my followers were worshipping me, they die too as a result of extreme insanity (due to them not getting the info they were seeking they beleive something to have happened, and ultimately kill themselves).

Fun fun. Do you see why I didnt want this out Doom? Do you see why you shouldnt go role fishing? It opens a whole new realm of which things can be born. That includes the Cult mentioned in some of your PM's (you just didnt know that it was a result of my death) and shows why I am aligned with some others I suppose. They have either worshipped me, changed alignment to mine (becoming ANOTHER third party), and why I didnt want too much attention drawn to me. The only answer I do not have is in the case of my death, who would become the cult leader. Gotta go home now, dont lynch me while I am gone please.

FPed couple times

ghostly447 wrote:Dooms three new points are that:
I know someone has to kill me
Im not a Elder God, but a Great Old One
Not looking for Cthulu

I assume someone is trying to kill me and any other of my kind because, simply put, I believe the Elder Things must do so to win.
I am aware I am a Great Old One. I am sorry, I was claiming in the last 5 minutes of class and had to try to check. Elder thing, Elder God, Great Old one, some other crap, in my rush I was forced to try to re-read and correct anything I thought I had written wrong and it didnt even sound off an alarm in my head at all. That one was my bad.
I am just confused now. I thought Cthulu was an Elder Thing.

Sorry. I guess I was just mad and was telling you "Do the research do the research" and I myself hadnt quite got a decent grasp on it. So I do want to make a personal apology to you doom.

ghostly447 wrote:
rishaed wrote:Well. . . If i am connected to a different Great Old One/human that would make sense on why my alignment is the same as yours.Unfortunately if the Elder Ones win because they kill you then we have problems. I need to start looking on who exactly was fishing for my WC and X. This could turn something up.

Well I doubt in a game this complex, that I would be the only target of an entire faction. I wasnt given any night protection (as most SK's are in a regular setup with this many players) so it would be far too easy for them to win.

I agree. Please, comm9, proceed when you can.

There ya go guys. There is my claim, my screw up, and other things I tried to assume based on my Role PM (Note the part where I am guessing that they are trying to kill me blah blah blah and I am likely not the only one of my kind blah blah blah).

Happy?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm

So let me get this straight ghost.
You have a role PM that says:

"You are a Great Old One"
"You win when the Elder Gods are Dead"
"They win when you are dead"

If that is the case why didn't you specifically say so?

Your claim is fishy because it came after a)only 1 vote and b)without you ever showing proof that you read the game. You still haven't indicated that you have any concept of why people were suggesting a lynch on you. I honestly can't say that a loss of you is a loss to this game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 pm

I am a Great Old One, The 'God of the Red Flux'.
I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
I cannot confirm that anything has a WC of killing me, only that the Elder Things are PROBABLY supposed to in order to win.

I got all accept the last point in my PM.

I:
a) Had to claim because you nimrods wanted to know Risaed's alignment.
b) Have been reading, but quite frankly it is difficult when everyone in here is completely ignorant (proof shown with me being forced to repost the whole thing I defended myself with in order for you all to realize I didnt change anything I said, I just used it from my old posts.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Then you're not a survivor.
General Rodion

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:14 pm

1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi ~ Human
3.spiesr
5.Iron Butterfly
8.ghostly447 ~ Survivor (Elder God)
9.safariguy5
10.new guy1
11.vodean ~ Human
12.jonty125 ~ Human
13.Nendreel
14.jak111
15.rishaed ~ Human (with unknown wc)
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort
18.Commander9 ~ Survivor (mason)
19.edocsil
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix ~ Survivor (mason)
22. Kanin Usagi
24.betiko ~ Human
25.Rodion ~ Human

NINE THIRD PARTY??? Ghostly, are there any other Elder Gods that wish to be connected to you as well?

This is why I didn't want Vodean to live D2, this third party crap coming up is a load of bullshit. As we've seen with Lovo not all of them are legit claims, so unless some others wish to associate themselves with Ghostly here I find his claim either false. Elder Gods and Elder Things, they sound the exact same to me except one sounds to have more power than the other.

A single town so far, no one else claims town, only one town and he is dead? Time to start looking into claims we have so far. The mind-fucks seem legit (the mind swappers or whatever). The Humans seem to have proved themselves though there's obvious fakes among them. Finally we have the Elder God claim, which seems the scummiest by far. No actions? Nothing?

Fasposted twice. SO you contradict yourself.. One quote says Elder God other says Great Old One.. Get you claim right scum.

Fasposted by Rodion, I think we nailed him fake claiming.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Rodion wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Then you're not a survivor.

You are correct. I just always side with town because I dont like to be with mafia because if I get stabbed in the back Im shit out of luck. But good point, I wouldnt be surprised if I am lynched over it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm

jak111 wrote:1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi ~ Human
3.spiesr
5.Iron Butterfly
8.ghostly447 ~ Survivor (Elder God)
9.safariguy5
10.new guy1
11.vodean ~ Human
12.jonty125 ~ Human
13.Nendreel
14.jak111
15.rishaed ~ Human (with unknown wc)
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort
18.Commander9 ~ Survivor (mason)
19.edocsil
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix ~ Survivor (mason)
22. Kanin Usagi
24.betiko ~ Human
25.Rodion ~ Human

NINE THIRD PARTY??? Ghostly, are there any other Elder Gods that wish to be connected to you as well?

This is why I didn't want Vodean to live D2, this third party crap coming up is a load of bullshit. As we've seen with Lovo not all of them are legit claims, so unless some others wish to associate themselves with Ghostly here I find his claim either false. Elder Gods and Elder Things, they sound the exact same to me except one sounds to have more power than the other.

A single town so far, no one else claims town, only one town and he is dead? Time to start looking into claims we have so far. The mind-fucks seem legit (the mind swappers or whatever). The Humans seem to have proved themselves though there's obvious fakes among them. Finally we have the Elder God claim, which seems the scummiest by far. No actions? Nothing?

Fasposted twice. SO you contradict yourself.. One quote says Elder God other says Great Old One.. Get you claim right scum.

Fasposted by Rodion, I think we nailed him fake claiming.

Dude. I have been saying this whole time some will be fake. I do not have any idea if anyone else is like me. Even if i did, I wouldnt say so because if they were then there would only be more reason for me to believe I am a hunted player.

No fucking actions. Your right, I guess those townies that worship me have nothing to do with me, right? God please read what I posted. I dont specifically have anything to do but to survive, specifically and especially for my followers, and the rest of the towns sake.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I am a Great Old One, The 'God of the Red Flux'.
I cannot confirm that anything has a WC of killing me, only that the Elder Things are PROBABLY supposed to in order to win.

I:
b) Have been reading, but quite frankly it is difficult when everyone in here is completely ignorant (proof shown with me being forced to repost the whole thing I defended myself with in order for you all to realize I didnt change anything I said, I just used it from my old posts.

And Rodions catch goes the same for right here. I just have to survive. But I choose to go with town. Lets face it, even if I went with whatever the mafia is here, I couldnt quite because it seems town is quite overpowering anyhow. Meh.

Also no thinking about it, that may mean the the Elder Things woudlnt have to kill me because if they had to kill me, then I wouldnt have a choice in who to live by. Meh.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 pm

I still want to hear more from Hippo and Commander (who apparently found someone else with a weird role), but at this point I find it hard to believe you'll make it to N4, Ghostly. Botching a roleclaim is a big deal to me and most people, and you've managed to do it twice (Elder God and town WC when you're claiming Great Old One and survivor).

Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Look, if people are following you they probably want something to happen, likely because you want that something to happen. People don't follow gods for them to dick around. There's an end goal to religions all over. Do you honestly want us to believe that there are people worshipping you and there's really no reason why?

I:

Neither of those things even makes sense. No one forced you to claim or to reveal your WC. You did that on your own. One vote is not pressure enough. And you misunderstand why you weren't lynched yesterday: LoVo was said to have a killing power, therefore was likely scum. There was easily more reason to lynch him.

Also, just saying, calling everyone nimrods is not helping your case at all.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Rodion wrote:I still want to hear more from Hippo and Commander (who apparently found someone else with a weird role), but at this point I find it hard to believe you'll make it to N4, Ghostly. Botching a roleclaim is a big deal to me and most people, and you've managed to do it twice (Elder God and town WC when you're claiming Great Old One and survivor).

Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

Yeah I understand. God forbid I mess up something that almost no one has any clue about (elder thing, god, outer or elder god. Almost no one could tell me about that). And god forbid I assume town to be the lesser of 2 evils. You realise I posted like, that entire load of details right? You try spitting out that much without messing up something you don't know about and then don't think anything of the Towny thing.

FP eating dinner. Get back soon.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I am a Great Old One, The 'God of the Red Flux'.

I:

What Rodion said. Also, calling people nimrod's doesn't make sense. Nobody was pressuring you for a claim. Also, if it is so scummy when I repost stuff, why are you allowed to get away with it? Finally, this still doesn't explain why you think that Elder Gods are in the game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Rodion wrote:I still want to hear more from Hippo and Commander (who apparently found someone else with a weird role), but at this point I find it hard to believe you'll make it to N4, Ghostly. Botching a roleclaim is a big deal to me and most people, and you've managed to do it twice (Elder God and town WC when you're claiming Great Old One and survivor).

Hey Rodion - what else did you want to know? This game is confusing enough without me having to guess what you are asking.

As for 'God of the Red Flux' - I can't find that in anything to do with Lovecraft! Has anyone else found it or is it just completely bogus?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

Hey Rodion - what else did you want to know? This game is confusing enough without me having to guess what you are asking.

As for 'God of the Red Flux' - I can't find that in anything to do with Lovecraft! Has anyone else found it or is it just completely bogus?

WIkipedia page under Great Old Ones.
The reason I at first thought it was noncanonical is because I was looking under the Elder Gods List.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives