Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Five

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:rishaed: the Shoggoth probably had the same WC as the Elder Things. Why are you so adamant that nobody else can?

Also, are you sure your action successfully targeted your intended target?

I think jumping on saf is a bit premature.

No because I never got my result PM from /. It will have to wait until I get that PM to know if it was successful.
fp'd by spiesr
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Yet you have somehow decided that the data on who commander's partners are is not in the same category.

I was under the impression we had some sort of deal struck with Commander and that he was helping us in order to survive. I don't see a good reason to reveal his buddies if he keeps delivering us anti-town people like he did with Lovo. Besides, it's not like the information can be buried with my death. Saf and PCM have the knowledge as well and Saf may even have shared it with Edoc/Betiko/spiesr. I was also masoned D3/N3 with someone other than the captive minds (random action as I've been told) and this person should also be aware.

jak111 wrote:^ Right now of these people Rodion sticks out to me like crazy. He admits he's human (this is changed slightly from his original change of my post besides his claim) but he puts himself as "???" Human, well it seems there's two types going on, town or survivor humans. The ??? seems to be an alibi if you decide to claim one or the other later on. So for now, Vote Rodion until I hear more on this case.

Think deeper.
General Rodion

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:06 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:rishaed: the Shoggoth probably had the same WC as the Elder Things. Why are you so adamant that nobody else can?

Also, are you sure your action successfully targeted your intended target?

I think jumping on saf is a bit premature.
No because I never got my result PM from /. It will have to wait until I get that PM to know if it was successful.
I think that DoomYoshi was asking "Are you sure that you actually successfully joined your alignment to "X" and that the action where you did so was not redirected to someone else or something?"
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:I have to recheck, 2 players claimed to be masoned edoc with PCM or with saf I don't remember, i stopped my notes on page 33.
You seem very confused today. Pancakemix and safariguy have both been able to communicate with others on a temporary basis as the result of being Captive, but neither has claimed to be part of any group.
betiko wrote:As far as I know jonty is not a claimed survivor human, he's not saying anything, we just know that he had to recite poems and his character is convinced that his normal life is a dream he can't wake up from.
Quote for the orange please.

1) no, PCM or saf claimed to be masoned with edoc apart from captive minds or so I understood, will have to look back. not sure it's really important though.

2) wiki his poem if you want to know more about his character. It's been discussed day 2. He even gave the link himself later on.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm

jonty125 wrote:Announcing, his Royal Highness, The Prince Of The Greatest City of Aria ... jonty125.

aria is the city he sees in his dreams, which would be his real life, normaly he doesn't manage to get back.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm

I though nendreel was a type of insanity doctor. There is an average mention of insanity in every 3 of his posts.

When I said this:

DoomYoshi wrote:FOS jonty for rolefishing.

In fact, unvote vote jonty

Nendreel is obviously a protective role or a resurrector of some sort. For trying to out the doctor, you are clearly anti-town.

I misread my notes. It says I. Doctor which in retrospect means insanity doctor.

Nendreel, at this point, it's fine if you don't claim I think. If you are the ressurector, and are town, it would be helpful to claim since at this point, it is seeming like an anti-town role.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rodion, we made a deal with comm9 yes. That means that we aren't going to lynch him right away, but also they are upfront about the information they give. The more information we have (not from them), the less valuable they are. Why are you purposely misconstruing our relationship with the aliens in order to make them seem more valuable? What do you have to gain from this?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Also, on day 1 I raised a point that claims don't matter and that there are no single roles which can help town at this point.

Specifically Commander9 disagreed with me (as well as nendreel and some others). Comm9, now that you probably know everybody's roles in this game do you still disagree with me?

I think I was right then, and I am probably still right. In lieu of Rodion, we should finally kill LSU.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Also, on day 1 I raised a point that claims don't matter and that there are no single roles which can help town at this point.

Specifically Commander9 disagreed with me (as well as nendreel and some others). Comm9, now that you probably know everybody's roles in this game do you still disagree with me?

I think I was right then, and I am probably still right. In lieu of Rodion, we should finally kill LSU.

I don't mind lynching LSU, we've been after him earlier and he hasn't contributed at all.
Same goes for swifte. In fact all posts from swifte were related to undead and reviving people. I think these 2 guys need to start participating, it's day 5!
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

If Rodion continues to refuse, I can provide that info. I'd like to give him the first chance to redeem himself though.

LSU seems to have fallen off the earth entirely (see Alphabet 2). Swifte continues to check in, but not actually contribute anything. Might be worth a prod. Or a replace. Or we could just tickle his feet with a feather until he caves. :lol:
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Please prod Swifte /.
As for LSU he hasn't posted anywhere on site in well over a week. Since we never really had much on him in the first place, it seems like it would make more sense to replace him. That of course assumes that there are still player's left who haven't already been in this game. At present this may not be possible, so I would be okay with a modkill.
Captain spiesr

Postby Commander9 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Post coming today or tomorrow.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:25 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I though nendreel was a type of insanity doctor. There is an average mention of insanity in every 3 of his posts.

When I said this:

Nendreel is obviously a protective role or a resurrector of some sort. For trying to out the doctor, you are clearly anti-town.

I misread my notes. It says I. Doctor which in retrospect means insanity doctor.

Nendreel, at this point, it's fine if you don't claim I think. If you are the ressurector, and are town, it would be helpful to claim since at this point, it is seeming like an anti-town role.

Why would you consider a ressurector to be an anti-town role?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

vote swifte for posting like twice after 60 pages. your scummarining has lasted far too long.

neendrel, so you are the resurector? are undead still humans? who has been killed and resurected yesterday?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Nendreel wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I though nendreel was a type of insanity doctor. There is an average mention of insanity in every 3 of his posts.

When I said this:

Why would you consider a ressurector to be an anti-town role?

ZOMBIES. Ooooohhh. Brainz!
That being said, I don't think I will know if I was the successful w/ Res. or just failed. Either way I don't like Saf atm and my vote is staying where it is.
fp'd by betiko
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby / on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 pm

spiesr wrote:Please prod Swifte /.
As for LSU he hasn't posted anywhere on site in well over a week. Since we never really had much on him in the first place, it seems like it would make more sense to replace him. That of course assumes that there are still player's left who haven't already been in this game. At present this may not be possible, so I would be okay with a modkill.

I'll try to do my best on both accounts.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five NEED RESERVES

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Nendreel: due to the flavor spec by spiesr.

Betiko: were you targetted for death last night?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Nendreel: due to the flavor spec by spiesr.

Betiko: were you targetted for death last night?

nope, otherwise i'd be a zombie like you and wouldnt ask neendrel who he resurected last night (even if there are probably 2 resurectors...).

This game is starting to be way too confusing for our unaligned role. Each day we learn about a whole new faction/state....

elder things/town/aliens/humans/shoggoths/zombies/insane/captive minds/black brotherhood and god knows what else is out there...
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm

pancakemix wrote:If Rodion continues to refuse, I can provide that info. I'd like to give him the first chance to redeem himself though.

Thanks for the opportunity to redeem myself, even though I believe I have done nothing wrong and Yoshi is misguided into thinking he's entitled to information that he could partially have gotten by himself if only he had put a little more effort into the game. It's ridiculous to think I'm scummy because I didn't immediately spill information that I judged not interesting to spread, even though he knew the information was safely stored into backups (Saf and you) that could reveal it should the need arise if I was not in position to do so (e.g., dead).

If you're going to reveal anyway, I might as well do it.

Yoshi, D1's last VC had 20 votes. Commander's full group had to be among the 6 non-voters, since they didn't have possession over anyone's mind at that time. Commander is the first of them, which leaves 5 possible members for the last 2 spots. Elon was one of the non-voters, and he flipped Shoggoth. That leaves 4 possible members for the last 2 spots: New Guy, Swifte, VS-Chuck and Kanin Usagi.

NG attempted a D1 vote that never got tallied by /, effectively locking him as member #2. Anyone could have reached this conclusion independently. Shame on you for lacking the brains to see it and judging my silence on the matter scummy, but I digress.

That meant member #3 had to be either Swifte (A), VS-Chuck (B) or Kanin Usagi (C).

When my mind got released, I got a message with some alien city databank flavour telling me that NG did not have a vote for the day. I deduced everyone who got released would get the name of his capturer*. That meant either Saf or PCM would get Commander and the other would get one name that had to be either A, B or C. Fast forward to the end of D4 when / announced Ghostly's lynch and NG was in the wagon. I PMed him noting that NG was voteless and / corrected his PM, stating the correct name that should have appeared on my PM (neither Commander nor NG), thus solving the mistery of who #3 is.

*I'm not sure if my deduction that all minds got the name of their capturers wrong (it seems PCM/Lovo did not and got 1-shots instead), but it certainly seemed logical at the time.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Spiesr, why did you orange-highlight something in the end of page 65? Is that a lead?

betiko wrote:nope, otherwise i'd be a zombie like you and wouldnt ask neendrel who he resurected last night (even if there are probably 2 resurectors...).

Spiesr has chimed in on that and it seems there is only 1 ressurector.

Anyway, vote Hippo. I'll keep mentioning Vodean and you until we're through with this.
General Rodion

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Rodion wrote:Spiesr, why did you orange-highlight something in the end of page 65? Is that a lead?
I was asking Betiko how he knew about Jonty's character. His response was that he concluded it from the stuff Jonty was posting as part of his post restriction.
Rodion wrote:Spiesr has chimed in on that and it seems there is only 1 ressurector.
I cannot confirm that. In the source material Herbert West works with another person (the narrator who might not have a name). I have no knowledge as to if that second person is in this game or not. Or for that matter any actually (as in not just my best guess) about the situation at all.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 pm

I think it's time for me to claim since a lot of the current questions revolve around my role.
This probably isn't a surprise, but...

I am indeed Herbert West and I Re-Animate corpses.
Specifically I can only Re-Animate human corpses on the Night they are killed, which is why I worded my soft-claim a bit wierdly on Day 2. It was mostly to get people to claim similarily (or very differently) so that I would have a better idea of who I could re-animate. Having a role called Human out there just added a layer of frustration to my efforts.

As mentioned in the D5 scene I do have a colleague, but I'll leave it up to that person to reveal themselves when appropriate. There is some risk in my claiming, so I'm not going to out my partner as well.

I am not Town, I am unaligned, but since I can't re-animate monsters there isn't much point in siding with scum.
I don't know what happens to someone when I re-animate them (or even if I was successful). I just have scene flavour to go by.

I revived Doom on Night 2
Based on what Doom has said people who have been revived become Undead.
Any further questions about Undead status will have to be asked of Doom.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Nendreel wrote:I am not Town, I am unaligned, but since I can't re-animate monsters there isn't much point in siding with scum.
What exactly is your win condition then?
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Nendreel wrote:I think it's time for me to claim since a lot of the current questions revolve around my role.
This probably isn't a surprise, but...

I am indeed Herbert West and I Re-Animate corpses.
Specifically I can only Re-Animate human corpses on the Night they are killed, which is why I worded my soft-claim a bit wierdly on Day 2. It was mostly to get people to claim similarily (or very differently) so that I would have a better idea of who I could re-animate. Having a role called Human out there just added a layer of frustration to my efforts.

As mentioned in the D5 scene I do have a colleague, but I'll leave it up to that person to reveal themselves when appropriate. There is some risk in my claiming, so I'm not going to out my partner as well.

I am not Town, I am unaligned, but since I can't re-animate monsters there isn't much point in siding with scum.
I don't know what happens to someone when I re-animate them (or even if I was successful). I just have scene flavour to go by.

I revived Doom on Night 2
Based on what Doom has said people who have been revived become Undead.
Any further questions about Undead status will have to be asked of Doom.

so in 4 nights as far as i know you nailed it twice? Did you save more than 2? can you try save several humans per night? can you reveal who is the undead from last night? could you protect doom now that he is undead or not anymore?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Rodion, as of yet, my observations have been remarkably accurate. Why should anyone doubt my observations on you?

Also, betiko, zombie isn't a faction and there isn't a change in win condition. I was just wondering what you were getting at, and hoping to elicit extra information.

Rodion, you can disagree with my tactics, but please don't call me unobservant. Anyone paying attention knows the last in the group is Kanin. I don't actually care about the information. I only care about your double standards. Your defense has a noted level of attack on my character.

Jonty, now that nendreel has claimed what I said he was, what do you have to say for yourself? Why were you trying to get a town PR to claim. This goes to you also Rodion. Why were you trying to focus attention on nendreel, even after I hinted you should drop it?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 am

1 - My defense aimed to offend precisely because your reasons were weird. The fact I said "the more the merrier" doesn't force me to expose every drop of information I hold. I had a good reason to protect someone who:
a) caught Lovo due to his power
b) contrario sensu, somewhat "cleared" me since he did not notice anything weird from my set of JOAT powers

I did not see a good reason to make it totally publicly when enough people knew that already (masons).

2 - If you did not realize NG was on the group, then I'm entitled to call you unobservant. If you did know the whole faction, then you could have published it yourself. Anyway, not gonna bother with that. This is more of a zing point than relevant discussion.

3 - On Nendreel, I never intended to focus attention on him. To me, the scummy player is Hippo*, who defended himself by deflecting stuff to Nendreel. I'm trying to press Hippo against a wall here because I'm fairly confident there is something fishy with the way he talked and later defended himself. He did suggest Nendreel lied. Then Vodean confirmed that. Am I supposed to just drop it because Nendreel could be a PR? I believe Hippo is anti-town, but until I can force him to make a clear statement on why he posted what he posted I cannot feasibly gather the support to lynch him (or to change my mind regarding his alignment and find the true culprit).

*When Nendreel volunteered to claim, I said he should not and placed the burden of proof on Hippo/Vodean, the 2 players I've been pressing the last few several posts.

4 - Finally, Nendreel claimed unaligned, not town PR. Unobservant much? :P

@Nendreel - can you tell how your power works? Does / give you a list of dead players so you can pick one hoping he is human or do you have to blindly pick someone in the game while hoping that he is both human and killed that same night? Or something else entirely? Since you have a partner, do you get 2 ressurection attempts per night?
General Rodion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives