Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:43 pm

rishaed wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I'm a VT. Elonpuckhog is a VT.
Now you have sparked my curiosity. You are implying here that the VTs know each other. I wonder to what extent this knowledge applies? (Obviously don't just name them all, but a little explanation would be nice.) Also, if that is the case, why did he vote for you? Or does this knowledge only go one way?

I believe he's saying that since his role PM states that there is a cult, then the only way elon would know about cult for sure is if he has a cult role or the same role as Doom does. Of course, Doom could very well be talking out of his ass.

OR, hes trying extremely hard to annoy people so they'll lynch him, i mean seriously, we've got the option that he's a Jester, scum, or VT. If hes scum his cover is working beautifully right about now because nobody is going to lynch him when thinking hes a Jester because it costs too much. However if hes the other two he's painting a big bright red X on his back for scum to kill in the Night.
Hope that made sense.

he might as well try to get recruited by one of the different cults or other third parties tonight. i think there will be different third party factions.
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:46 pm

betiko wrote:he might as well try to get recruited by one of the different cults or other third parties tonight. i think there will be different third party factions.

Would you bother risking to waste your precious recruitment on a claimed VT that is reasonably likely to be investigated/vigged due to how odd he's been acting?

I also don't understand the "Elon is either cult or a VT that knows about cult" reasoning, especially because it seems arbitrary: what makes his opinion on the existence of a cult any more worthy of notice than IB's, Nendreel's, Safari's or Rishaed's?
General Rodion

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Rodion wrote:
betiko wrote:he might as well try to get recruited by one of the different cults or other third parties tonight. i think there will be different third party factions.

Would you bother risking to waste your precious recruitment on a claimed VT that is reasonably likely to be investigated/vigged due to how odd he's been acting?

I also don't understand the "Elon is either cult or a VT that knows about cult" reasoning, especially because it seems arbitrary: what makes his opinion on the existence of a cult any more worthy of notice than IB's, Nendreel's, Safari's or Rishaed's?

something tells me that vts are more important than what you are suggesting in this game. given the the flavour and all, seems like the whole town is going to go insane at some point, either because others make them do it or by their own choices. it's very hard to speculate and i'm looking forward for the scenes.

about your second point i have to agree. elon didn't bring that up, many others did before, he just said he thought so too.
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:42 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I'm a VT. Elonpuckhog is a VT.
Now you have sparked my curiosity. You are implying here that the VTs know each other. I wonder to what extent this knowledge applies? (Obviously don't just name them all, but a little explanation would be nice.) Also, if that is the case, why did he vote for you? Or does this knowledge only go one way?

I believe he's saying that since his role PM states that there is a cult, then the only way elon would know about cult for sure is if he has a cult role or the same role as Doom does. Of course, Doom could very well be talking out of his ass.

This is correct.

Clearly, there is something more to the VT roles that makes them not boring this game spiesr. If I am a VT, and I am looking forward to this game because my role is cool, then I can't imagine anyone else having less.

What is correct? That you are talking out of your ass?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 pm

No, hippo.

@Rodion: elonpuckhog was extremely defensive for no reason when talking about the cult.

What difference does it make how many times I confirm?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:47 pm

That last point was directed at Kanin. Why is confirming so many times scummy? Do you have another game with proof that The player who confirms the most times is mafia?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:54 pm

For some reason, I think he has a PR that makes him have to post confirm in almost every post. *facepalm*. Just to let everyone know, I am reading along but I havent picked up on anything to post about, so I figured I would keep my mouth shut since I always say something stupid when Im going off my imagination...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Elonpuckhog has been on twice since I accused him if being VT. I am not sure how to interpret the silence.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:51 pm

betiko wrote:unless you haven t noticed, we have already consumed half of day 1. WE DON T HAVE 2 WEEKS!!! so yes it's normal to start looking at inactives. In a 7 day day 1 you put yourself quite in a comfort zone not posting anything. and yes, i agree completely about scum that would generally post just enough instead of being completely inactive but i don't think it's normal that people risk being lynched for participating and give hints of the little they know while others just sit back and "monitor"

regarding swifte's post: interesting theory. do you think that dead people or cultists could for example continue to lead their followers even dead like voices in their heads or something like that and that these can't answer back? (talking about the no night discution, i don't understand if that means that no one gets a night discution, not even mafia or just that no posting at all in here?)

For some odd reason, I've read that it was supposed to last 2 weeks. My bad on that. Yes, it is normal, but that does not necessarily make it the best thing to do. I've always advocated first trying to replace those people and only then going for the lynch (I.E. Sully's case).

thehippo8 wrote:Well Sully is a cheap shot, but do we want him lynched or replaced?

Replaced.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Try raising an eight year old with ODD/ADHD, performing for a living and running your own business and then come back and lecture about time management My college days were the best years of my life doing exactly what you are doing. You think you have time crunch problems now? ?LOL boy your in for a rude awakening...marriage, kids, family, business...The insanity this game promises can no where near compare to living with a neurotic stand-up comic wife.

But thanks for all the good advice.

Not trying to attack you or anything - my main reason of posting that is that you were saying that basically people should have posted much more at that time, thus I felt the need to respond. Yes, college is fucking amazing, but that's the whole point - when I do have free time, there's usually a lot of other awesome stuff going on, which means I won't be reading this day in, day out.

Rodion wrote:Would you bother risking to waste your precious recruitment on a claimed VT that is reasonably likely to be investigated/vigged due to how odd he's been acting?

This.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 am

So First off im going to unvote votenolynch b/c I really don't know who to pressure at this point. Doom seems like a good target, however I'm suspicious that he's trying so hard to anger others into voting him. IF someone wants to pressure then it might be just a little bit helpful however before going into the night.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 am

rishaed wrote:So First off im going to unvote votenolynch b/c I really don't know who to pressure at this point. Doom seems like a good target, however I'm suspicious that he's trying so hard to anger others into voting him. IF someone wants to pressure then it might be just a little bit helpful however before going into the night.

To rishaed, and anyone else who thinks I am jestering: you are talking about nothing. Just try and get a lynch on me. If you succeed, I will let you call me a jester until you are blue in the face. But you won't, so drop the point already.

Nobody has let me know where the fact that "confirming more than once is scummy" comes from. Until you do, you have no case so zip it.

What have I done to anger you rishaed? Can you quote the posts where I am trying so hard?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 am

I left out a line. What do you hope to gain from pressuring me? I already claimed.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am

DoomYoshi wrote:To rishaed, and anyone else who thinks I am jestering: you are talking about nothing. Just try and get a lynch on me. If you succeed, I will let you call me a jester until you are blue in the face. But you won't, so drop the point already.
There is a difference between simply being a jester and being blatantly scummy, possibly in an attempt to appear as a jester. I would say the latter seems to fit what you have done thus far.
DoomYoshi wrote:Nobody has let me know where the fact that "confirming more than once is scummy" comes from. Until you do, you have no case so zip it.
Simply confirming more than once isn't automatically , although I want to know why you did it. However, you did a little more than that. Specifically, after the second confirm people where expressing suspicion and anger at it, then you proceeded to do it yet again. You had to know that doing so would attract negative attention, especially on early Day 1, so why in the world would you do it?
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 am

new guy1 wrote:For some reason, I think he has a PR that makes him have to post confirm in almost every post.

Nah, PR's is every post.

In other news, I still see ghostly's overreaction as the scummiest action of the day. I'm not sure what to make of Doom, initally I thought he was insane, but now I'm not too sure how I read him. But anyhow, my vote stays with ghostly.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 am

PR's don't have to "appear in every post". I've been in a game where I had a pr but only had to do it once a day. Doom to me is trying to hard to get lynched so something may be up with that. As far as VT knowing who each other are, it is a possibility but I am more inclined to believe that it is not that way for all of them. Rishaed is also someone that I am a bit suspicious of at this time.

Unvote Vote Doom

I want sully replaced.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:PR's don't have to "appear in every post". I've been in a game where I had a pr but only had to do it once a day.

Suppose it depends on the mod.

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:I want sully replaced.

He's been prodded but I'd rather see him replaced than voted off.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 am

Unvote vote sully

Nice play doom. It's funny to see who knows what you are talking about and who doesn't. I think the information will prove invaluable by the endgame.

Obviously I don't support a Doom Lynch. Wed is deadline, and I know how much of a bitch it is to get replaces on games this large. Vic's death is better then NL, unless he can be replaced in the next 24 hrs or so.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Elonpuckhog has been on twice since I accused him if being VT. I am not sure how to interpret the silence.

Are you stalking me Doom? I don't spend all my time in the Mafia forum...I also have quite a few games going on right now.

I'll post a more detailed analysis later, but for now I think the safest play is Sully (who still hasn't been on Since Oct 2 - hope he is ok).

unvote vote Sully
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 am

it does say who is on at the bottom of the forum btw. I noticed it myself too.
Edoc'sil

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm

I dont support anyone pushing sullys lynch....Id much prefer to see a replacement than a quick lynch of a potential useful role.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm

The big problem with Doom is that IF he's a VT, he's not playing it right. Why is it problematic? He's been here long enough to know how to play what. As a VT, you want to do everything you can to indicate you're a power role and attract all attention to yourself (mostly positive, if possible), so you'd give town better chances of staying intact with main power roles while they pick off scum. He's doing almost the opposite of it... Which leaves me to believe that he's not a VT. I've not decided just yet whether I want to see him lynched... But I am leaning towards that as we don't really have a lot of other decent candidates, so in all likelihood it will be him or no lynch.

I will not support lynching Sully yet - I still hope to see him get replaced.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm keeping my vote on Sully for now. IMO, we need to lynch someone, especially if they can "come back from the dead" or there are post death implications. I also want to see him replaced, but at this point, if he is replaced, we also need to extend the D1 deadline.

I went back through the thread so far and the best case I can come up with is Doom. He claims VT after only 2 votes (no where near being lynched) and claims that he knows I am as well. This after he accuses me of lying but doesn't really state where he knows I am lying. Further, I don't believe there are ANY VTs in this game. Since this is an official game, I would expect almost everyone to have some sort of power role, post restriction, or other quirk that makes them non-vanilla. So, Doom claiming VT is suspicious in and of itself.

As to Doom wanting a response to his "accusation" of me being a VT, I still want him to tell me where I was lying. As I stated, I don't think there are any VTs in this game and that is all I will reveal about my role at this time. No one is currently voting for me and until I get a significant number of votes, I won't claim.

Two other things stand out:

1. Doom and Rishaed pushing for no lynch, especially in light of the rules where there is a 50% chance the highest vote getter will die in the event of a NL. Voting NL wipes that out. It is just noted for now.

2. Ghostly's overreaction from before is noted as well. I think personally its not much of a starter, but he hasn't posted lately as well to respond. It may be time to pressure him as a secondary case.

Also, those who don't want to hang Sully simply because he is inactive - do you want to hang someone, or end day 1 with NL?
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby soundman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm not going to vote Doom. I have an inkling of what he's doing (or I could be entirely wrong) and don't think lynching him is a good option. I would rather have Sully replaced than lynched. He could have a very helpful town role.

I think Ghostly's vote on an obvious joke vote is the next most suspicious action today. And for that I will Unvote Vote Ghostly.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Commander9 wrote:The big problem with Doom is that IF he's a VT, he's not playing it right. Why is it problematic? He's been here long enough to know how to play what. As a VT, you want to do everything you can to indicate you're a power role and attract all attention to yourself (mostly positive, if possible), so you'd give town better chances of staying intact with main power roles while they pick off scum. He's doing almost the opposite of it... Which leaves me to believe that he's not a VT. I've not decided just yet whether I want to see him lynched... But I am leaning towards that as we don't really have a lot of other decent candidates, so in all likelihood it will be him or no lynch.

I will not support lynching Sully yet - I still hope to see him get replaced.

VT's are not very VTish ;) This is going to be a wild game.
Edoc'sil

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm

sorry for my absence. i work weekends and have virtually no time.

my thoughts on the day so far, but not formatted well... just some things that stood out to me (or are worthy of remembering), with links rather than quotation marks:
[list=A][*] Confirm! Muahahahhahahahahaha*cough*ha. . . just wanted to do that once --> probably nothing, but interesting to see from rishaed, who has had other scummy posts since then.

From http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=178916&start=75
[*] Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. -->ok, a post from ghostly where he seems to be trying to be lynching a foreigner (or just someone who doesnt know lovecraft that well)

From http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=178916&start=105

[*] by DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:26 pm
vote no lynch

I am pretty sure everyone has a pretty cool role. Let's let everyone go into night. -->do i even need to comment? doom confirms several times, then this. he is trying to get us to lynch him, i think. i believe that he may be VT, but i think that if we lynch him he will gain powers. he may lose a vote, but he will be able to manipulate the actions of the dead or something. we need to watch him closely.

From http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=178916&start=150
[*]elonpuckhog on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 pm
spiesr wrote:
elonpuckhog wrote:unvote

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to be inactive in this game. I'll rescind my joke vote and continue to monitor the thread.
Hmm, in order give us some more stuff to discuss and to keep you involved I am going to ask you some questions. You can respond however you wish, but note that your reaction will color my opinion of you for the rest of the game.
1. Do you think this game has a traditional scum faction?
2. Do you think this game has a cult?
3. What do you make of these rule details:
/ wrote:5. Once I post your death scene, you may not speak in the thread at all unless I say otherwise, goodbye messages are not allowed at all in this game for certain reasons.
7. Night talk is not permitted at all in this game for certain reasons
4. What do you think is the most important thing for you to do
A: in this game
B: and on Day 1 on specifically 
in order to achieve your win condition?

To answer your first two questions, my gut feeling tells me there are 3 parties in this game. Whether they are cult, scum, whatever, my feeling tells me there are three parties. But all I have to go on is my gut. I think the answer to number 3 is in the thread already (a very credible answer I think - people who die may not really be dead!). On day 1, we need to do SOMETHING in this game - get some pressure on some people and lynch someone. In my previous two games on this board, both have ended without a day one lynch or really anything to go on. IMO, this benefits town the least.

What I find scummy is your aggressive post, especially the quote in red. Why did you direct these questions only to me? Why does my response color your opinion of me for the rest of the game? 

Finally, on the topic of inactivity, the deadline is Wednesday, so I think now is a good time to start pressuring. I understand people have lives and midterms. But we need to do something. If they are too busy to post, maybe we should just lynch them.
Fastposted by betiko --> just wanted to make sure this whole exchange is on record. despite spiesr being in his meta by doing this sort of thing, it is very scummy. he is rolefishing, and is trying to act like he must be right because he is spiesr. the same goes for the post where he votes me and asks why we shouldn't lynch me. he is trying to get me to reveal something about myself. im not going to do it. for this, i am going to vote spiesr

From http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=178916&start=165

i think we can infer that doom is hiding SOMETHING or other, but we will have to wait and see what it is.
FOS everyone who wants to lynch the inactives. we are not short on good cases, and the inactives can be replaced. we dont want to risk making them stronger/scum/something worse by lynching them.
FOS doom and rishaed for pushing a no lynch. notice rishaed is following doom around.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives