Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:40 pm

jonty125 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Wait, is X jonty?

I can also confirm on this end of the line I am not person X.

YOU wouldn't know go back and read the role PM.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Actually, according to my research, you are a Great Old One, and not an Elder God at all. What have you to say for yourself?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:45 pm

From Wikipedia:
A vaporous red entity haunting the rainforest of Central Africa. It has the power to turn humans in zombie-like servants, the Tree-Men of M'bwa.

Also, while I do believe you were correct that we are looking for the Elder Things now, I also disagree that we are looking for Cthulu. The Elder Things and Cthulu battled each other.

/research and multiposting.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:56 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Nendreel wrote:I find the link between rishaed's WC and ghostly very weak

You find information from the mod to be weak? Or do you presume that Com9 is lying?

Not completely sure how I am involved as I don't believe I've posted anything about either of them today.

ghostly447 wrote:Oh my god people. You were going to follow Doom on a person he and I quote "unsure of alignment, slight fos" Does that SOUND like a strong case to persue? He "got me" and now isnt even sure? Vote Doom for being too wishy washy. Sorry for (I think what will be) a double post.

A very clear OMGUS - FoS.

@ jak - PCM is NOT alligned with me. He just learnt my VC through inquiry of the gods.

Also, I want to add that right now you guys are looking towards the wrong direction. I think probably I'm going to post later on tonight (as I'll have to run in a few) about some of the people, as it almost feels like the vagon has been derailed from the right people. I think that it's probably to give town a reason to trust us and oust the person who has the killing ability (especially since I'm likely going to be targetted tonight), so I'll do that in that post too and I'll add why some of the current votes on a few people really aren't heading towards the right direction. Basically, in a way, our group can be like a masoned cop group and as long as town will cooperate with us and protect us, I think we can survive and work well together. I would like to ask everyone to be calm for a few more hours until I can post and refrain from doing anything stupid. I will also consult with my allies and I think we should probably confirm some humans as well as that would take the pressure off of them and hopefully give the town the right focus.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Dooms three new points are that:
I know someone has to kill me
Im not a Elder God, but a Great Old One
Not looking for Cthulu

I assume someone is trying to kill me and any other of my kind because, simply put, I believe the Elder Things must do so to win.
I am aware I am a Great Old One. I am sorry, I was claiming in the last 5 minutes of class and had to try to check. Elder thing, Elder God, Great Old one, some other crap, in my rush I was forced to try to re-read and correct anything I thought I had written wrong and it didnt even sound off an alarm in my head at all. That one was my bad.
I am just confused now. I thought Cthulu was an Elder Thing.

Sorry. I guess I was just mad and was telling you "Do the research do the research" and I myself hadnt quite got a decent grasp on it. So I do want to make a personal apology to you doom.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Well. . . If i am connected to a different Great Old One/human that would make sense on why my alignment is the same as yours.Unfortunately if the Elder Ones win because they kill you then we have problems. I need to start looking on who exactly was fishing for my WC and X. This could turn something up.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Rishaed, did you ignore commander's post? He says that he has a killing role, therefore we should hear what he has to say as depending on the information he gives with it that may be a lead too.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:58 pm

rishaed wrote:Well. . . If i am connected to a different Great Old One/human that would make sense on why my alignment is the same as yours.Unfortunately if the Elder Ones win because they kill you then we have problems. I need to start looking on who exactly was fishing for my WC and X. This could turn something up.

Well I doubt in a game this complex, that I would be the only target of an entire faction. I wasnt given any night protection (as most SK's are in a regular setup with this many players) so it would be far too easy for them to win.

I agree. Please, comm9, proceed when you can.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:08 pm

I'm going to make a series of statements with all explanations and then I'm going to put my vote and suggest the town to follow.

I) LoVo is the person who has an ability "vote for a kill" - the reason there was no kill (or at least part of the reason) is that since he was a captive, he couldn't use that skill... And we had no incentives to kill anyone. Granted, it is possible that he is not a threat, but I believe that is highly unlikely and as of now, he is our by far the best option to pursue AT THE VERY least until his claim and in all likeliness afterwards as well (especially with the gaming have a very fast pace).

With that in mind, I am voting finally for the 1st time in the game (as my first vote was not counted as we can't vote in our own bodies). It is extremely unlikely that there would be a vig group who could actually vote for a kill, and as things stand, SK groups are unheard of as well, which indicates highly that LoVo is indeed a mafia member and having said that...

Vote LoVo.

It was a pleasure having you here, but I think it's time to get rid the town of at least some scum.

II) Granted, Kanin seems to have behaved rather oddly and I'm not completely sure of his logics behind some actions in the previous day, BUT I can confirm that at according to his abilities, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that he would be mafia or scum. Survivor/town are both possible. As of now, I believe that's enough.

III) I do dislike the general way that ghostly has acted and I do feel he could be a fairly good person to question for the future... But as we have pretty much an almots assured direct hit, we should halt that for now.

IV) A lot of you have asked a question how many of us are in this game... Personally, I don't see the relevance of this, but if you are smart enough, there's a very easy way to figure it out - think of our main ability and how it appears in the game and you will have your answer.

V) Obviously, as all of you have seen so far, this is not a regular game and a lot of people will have different VC's, which may add to the confusion. The key of dealing with this is not going too in-depth with theme, as while it may be marginally useful, it will probably confuse the town more and it's a good way for scum to derail the efforts of the town, but rather use the good old fashion scum hunt (as some of the players have already done and concentrated on lies/excuses/inactivity/contradictions/etc) for our lynches.

VI) I also may post the list of humans and town in here before the day ends (granted we agree about that within the group) as it seems extremely likely I shall be targetted tonight and it would make sense to leave that knowledge for town to be able to use properly.

As of now, as I have indicated, I will be away (extremely likely) until Sunday night, but I will try to answer any questions or concerns later on tonight, although I can't guarantee that I will have time as we have to leave really early tomorrow for the competition and I will need to get my beauty sleep ;)
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Unvote vote lovo

Not quite what I was expecting, but let's do him in. However, if he doesn't vote for himself how can we expect to kill him comm9?
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Vote lovo for the pretty damning evidence posted. Also, I dont quite get what you mean doom. Why would he need to vote for himself in order to kill him?
Sergeant new guy1

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three, Need Reserves

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Now do I understand you right here Com. Didn't your vote just kill him with his own power?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Unvote vote lovo

Not quite what I was expecting, but let's do him in. However, if he doesn't vote for himself how can we expect to kill him comm9?

Huh?

<--- Confused.

edocsil wrote:Now do I understand you right here Com. Didn't your vote just kill him with his own power?

Misunderstanding (possibly due to my English). First of all, LoVo is not CURRENTLY a captive... Thus he has his own vote. Secondly, unless we misunderstood / ourselves, vote to kill is an ability during the night, not a day ability, thus it has nothing to do with voting stage during the day.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:51 pm

So what he and possibly a group send in a vote at night and the one with the most votes gets killed?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Let me try to understand.

You have (I am assuming) 2-3 players in your group.
Each can inhabit a body (or do you have to share one?)
Once inhabited, you can use these bodies night actions, but you also take their vote (giving you the ability to vote, which you originally could not do).

Anything I missed, or am wrong about?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby / on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 pm

LSU: 1 vote: Bekito
rishaed: 1 vote: Kanin Usagi
Lord Voldemort: 3 votes: Commander9, DoomYoshi, new guy1
DoomYoshi: 1 vote: ghostly447
ghostly447: 1 vote: jak111
Kanin Usagi: 3 votes: vodean, jonty125, Iron Butterfly

swifte and CMS will be prodded

My mistake, with 24 alive it will take 11 to lynch, not 10.
deadline tuesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm

strike wolf wrote:So what he and possibly a group send in a vote at night and the one with the most votes gets killed?

If my assumption is correct, then yes. We don't get to know the PRECISE allignment, VC or any one of that - we are only informed about the abilities, which is why some roles will be a bit more ambigious and will be harder to deal with.

ghostly447 wrote:Let me try to understand.

You have (I am assuming) 2-3 players in your group.
Each can inhabit a body (or do you have to share one?)
Once inhabited, you can use these bodies night actions, but you also take their vote (giving you the ability to vote, which you originally could not do).

Anything I missed, or am wrong about?

Again, our number is irrelevant. If you really want to know, do the analysis.
Each of us are able to attain and to get a new body (or keep the one we are in) every day.
Correct. That was the reason my vote was not counted in day 1. (Look it up if you want to be sure)
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 pm

rishaed wrote:no X is not Jonty and Please Vote KANIN and not ghostly. . .ghostly is not a threat as long as he LIVES but results in cult/mafia after he dies from all POTENTIAL and worshipping followers.
Currently the only thing we have to go off of concerning ghostly's role and win condition is his own words. You admit to not having any information about it yourself. Of course ghostly will claim something that isn't a threat. Right now we can't know for sure.

Anyway, Vote lord voldemort. We are going to need some sort of explanation at the very least.
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Sorry Spiesr? I could have sworn I said that I was claiming in the last 5 minutes. I knew my WC, just didnt remember which of the several Elder/Outer/whateverthehellelse I was. I could have SWORN I said I had to rush and explained that I glanced over it on accident. Because I did.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Also, Unvote and Vote LoVo. Though I made the argument of not following third party in, I guess it is undeniable that it is at least worth a claim. This is where they have to earn trust I suppose.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Sorry Spiesr? I could have sworn I said that I was claiming in the last 5 minutes. I knew my WC, just didnt remember which of the several Elder/Outer/whateverthehellelse I was. I could have SWORN I said I had to rush and explained that I glanced over it on accident. Because I did.

What he is pointing out is we havent killed you, therefore we dont know if you are telling the truth or not, THEREFORE we only have your word to go on. Little defensive much?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Also, Unvote and Vote LoVo. Though I made the argument of not following third party in, I guess it is undeniable that it is at least worth a claim. This is where they have to earn trust I suppose.

EBWOP: Bolded my vote

ghostly447 wrote:Also, Unvote and Vote LoVo. Though I made the argument of not following third party in, I guess it is undeniable that it is at least worth a claim. This is where they have to earn trust I suppose.

No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

EBWOP: Bolded my vote

No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:no X is not Jonty and Please Vote KANIN and not ghostly. . .ghostly is not a threat as long as he LIVES but results in cult/mafia after he dies from all POTENTIAL and worshipping followers.
Currently the only thing we have to go off of concerning ghostly's role and win condition is his own words. You admit to not having any information about it yourself. Of course ghostly will claim something that isn't a threat. Right now we can't know for sure.

Anyway, Vote lord voldemort. We are going to need some sort of explanation at the very least.

I take it since you quoted the same thing you messed up, but since he quoted rishaed's post, who we already know doesnt know your WC for sure, I can only assume he is responding to rishaed.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:48 pm

ghostly447 wrote:No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
That specific line was actually directly at rishead. Since, he apparently is tied to your win condition, but doesn't actually have any information on it himself.
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm

spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
That specific line was actually directly at rishead. Since, he apparently is tied to your win condition, but doesn't actually have any information on it himself.

Aight. My bad brah. lol
Cadet ghostly447

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives