Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby jak111 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 pm

I'd rather Nendreel's claim over these alignment changing humans. I'm sorry, but a townie that changes alignment.. unless they change it into townie then no. I do not think they should be kept around. They are essentially claiming 3rd party and hence not town. If they wish to become town they risk turning into mafia instead. A claim like that for me cannot be trusted without a test first.

Vote Vodean since he's the one to bring it up. If he comes up as anything other than EXACTLY what he claims or town then I'd be interested in pursuing the other 'humans'.

If this is the case, while Doom is cleared as not being third party (since he killed a 3rd (4th?) party). But that would not clear him as not being mafia hoping to hit town and hitting Shaggoth.

Like I mentioned, I want to test one of these humans before I trust them with this whole changing alignment crap. That's NOT good for town.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:38 pm

jak111 wrote:I'd rather Nendreel's claim over these alignment changing humans. I'm sorry, but a townie that changes alignment.. unless they change it into townie then no. I do not think they should be kept around. They are essentially claiming 3rd party and hence not town. If they wish to become town they risk turning into mafia instead. A claim like that for me cannot be trusted without a test first.

Vote Vodean since he's the one to bring it up. If he comes up as anything other than EXACTLY what he claims or town then I'd be interested in pursuing the other 'humans'.

If this is the case, while Doom is cleared as not being third party (since he killed a 3rd (4th?) party). But that would not clear him as not being mafia hoping to hit town and hitting Shaggoth.

Like I mentioned, I want to test one of these humans before I trust them with this whole changing alignment crap. That's NOT good for town.

we are actually very useful to town, and you cant kill all of us off. trust me. we can all vouch for eachother.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:21 pm

jak111 wrote:I'd rather Nendreel's claim over these alignment changing humans. I'm sorry, but a townie that changes alignment.. unless they change it into townie then no. I do not think they should be kept around. They are essentially claiming 3rd party and hence not town. If they wish to become town they risk turning into mafia instead. A claim like that for me cannot be trusted without a test first.

Yeah, there are really too many. Good luck with that.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Jak, you can't clear me and vote vodean on the same logic. We have the same role. No sensible human has used the one-shot yet. We are all waiting for the opportune moment. For now, I would guarantee that we are all third-party, unless someone else recruited one of us. You seriously need to read up if you are going to be helpful though.

Comm9, do you want me to elaborate on my jonty case?

Nendreel has done nothing scummy, and has dropped serious doc hints. Jonty pushing at him is therefore either lazy, or scummy. Either way he deserves a vote at this point. I already elaborated my LSU case, but I can clarify any points you have.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Ok I do have some questions.

1. Do you know definitively that none of them have used the 1-shot? How?

2. If you don't is it possible that the insanity could have been triggered by using the ability?

I thought about it and at first I had thought that would be a bastard move to make it so the "vts" go insane upon alignment shift but considering the sheer number of you it may actually be a contingency if too many of you lucked into finding the same alliance.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:59 pm

I will answer no. 1. Simply put its not worth using ATM. That's why he's saying that NO SENSIBLE human would have used it yet.
2. Possibly, but I doubt it. From what I read in my role PM insanity comes from gathering info. No hint of it is mentioned in the 1-shot.
3. The other problem is that theoretically we as human's don't exactly know to what alignment we would change into.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby / on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Vote count

Vodean: 4 votes: edoc, jonty, iron, jak111
betiko: 1 vote: spiesr
LSU: 2 votes: Kanin Usagi, new guy1
spiesr: 1 vote : betiko
jonty: 1 vote : DoomYoshi,

11 to lynch
deadline wed
Crazy prodded, Victor being replaced by request
Last edited by / on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby jak111 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Jak, you can't clear me and vote vodean on the same logic. We have the same role. No sensible human has used the one-shot yet. We are all waiting for the opportune moment. For now, I would guarantee that we are all third-party, unless someone else recruited one of us. You seriously need to read up if you are going to be helpful though.

Comm9, do you want me to elaborate on my jonty case?

Nendreel has done nothing scummy, and has dropped serious doc hints. Jonty pushing at him is therefore either lazy, or scummy. Either way he deserves a vote at this point. I already elaborated my LSU case, but I can clarify any points you have.

Read my post from the point of view that you are cleared if Vodean or another "human" comes up as what they are at least. But I'd rather Vodean's head since you proved yourself useful at finding scum/bad third party when needed. Although I doubt scum would have the balls to vouch for each other like this, I also don't doubt that it's a possibility. You know I don't trust easily, and this whole faction changing issue may be a problem to us later on.

Look at all the human claims, not not saying it would happen but imagine if by some stroke of luck ALL of them turned scum when they switched roles? That'd be BAD for town. Can you guarantee that it will be easy to tell when they changed their faction?
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:18 pm

/ wrote:Vote count
Vodean: 3 votes: edoc, jonty, iron
Vodean: 1 vote :jak111

Also, sorry for the double post.. But is my vote different from the other 3?
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby / on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 pm

No, sorry.
edited
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 pm

The fact that vodean says he can switch alignment troubles me. I'm pretty sure the other people claiming JOAT like human powers haven't said they can do that, and again, I feel like vodean claiming there are multiple 3rd party human roles is either a bluff or a weak cover for cult.

vote vodean
Captain safariguy5

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 pm

As far as the tracker arguments go, if a person tracks another person, but that person only visited the altar of his god, then I assume it means that person doesn't go anywhere.
Captain safariguy5

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:03 pm

safariguy5 wrote:The fact that vodean says he can switch alignment troubles me. I'm pretty sure the other people claiming JOAT like human powers haven't said they can do that, and again, I feel like vodean claiming there are multiple 3rd party human roles is either a bluff or a weak cover for cult.

vote vodean

FoS For skimming
Edoc'sil

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

safariguy5 wrote:The fact that vodean says he can switch alignment troubles me. I'm pretty sure the other people claiming JOAT like human powers haven't said they can do that, and again, I feel like vodean claiming there are multiple 3rd party human roles is either a bluff or a weak cover for cult.

vote vodean

rishaed has specifically confirmed it on this page alone. others have confirmed it previously.

vote saf for blatant skimming, and BW.
Sergeant vodean

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Nendreel has done nothing scummy, and has dropped serious doc hints. Jonty pushing at him is therefore either lazy, or scummy. Either way he deserves a vote at this point. I already elaborated my LSU case, but I can clarify any points you have.

I was more curious about LSU case - didn't seem like you had anything else but a few fairly weak points and some wifom, so I would just like to learn about your thoughts there.

vote vodean

Umm... Okay. I still hope the deadline will be extended, but if not, I do think we'd have a pretty good target for lynching.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Commander9 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Nendreel has done nothing scummy, and has dropped serious doc hints. Jonty pushing at him is therefore either lazy, or scummy. Either way he deserves a vote at this point. I already elaborated my LSU case, but I can clarify any points you have.

I was more curious about LSU case - didn't seem like you had anything else but a few fairly weak points and some wifom, so I would just like to learn about your thoughts there.

vote vodean

Umm... Okay. I still hope the deadline will be extended, but if not, I do think we'd have a pretty good target for lynching.

what is your point in saying all of this. you say that there is something in a case, but not much, and then say that there is someone we could lynch but not who or why
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:33 am

vote vodean

Unvote Vodean

Vodean has been under the gun for the last several pages. It is very obvious to me that he is not bluffing and that there are several other players, who if they haven't out and out claimed his role have certainly implied they are the same. To say he is bluffing is to undermine the nature of what he represents.

]If he was cult I find it highly unlikely that veteran players would be linking themselves so easily to him.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 am

I have to agree. It all seems a little too fishy for me. There are several things we can obtain on a lynch on vode. Firstly, we will be able to learn his alignment. Second, we will better understand those trying to align with him. Third, it will be clearer what the meaning of the manner of posts have been on him. Seems like more up sides than down sides. Down sides of course are that firstly he may actually be town. Secondly, he may have some power that town needs later in the game, Thirdly, those who have been aligning with him may simply have misread the situation. At any rate ... and for better or worse ... unvote vote Vode
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby vodean on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:05 am

when the hammer fell, the universe collapsed into anarchy.

i am third party. every human can confirm this. FOS IB and Hippo. if you want the respect of your army (there are an army of humans) then you have to tell them who you are. give us something so we know we can trust you. i feel like the words of 5+ people is enough to confirm that.
Sergeant vodean

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:11 am

With a sweet forgetfulness

FOS saf, the alignment change has been previously mentioned.

Only when my round is o'er

@Doom, I can't see how Nendreel has hinted doc or protective

Shall the past disturb thy door
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 am

jonty125 wrote:With a sweet forgetfulness

FOS saf, the alignment change has been previously mentioned.

Only when my round is o'er

@Doom, I can't see how Nendreel has hinted doc or protective

Shall the past disturb thy door

Ok, I am not voting you for failing to see that.

However, let's say nendreel posted no hints about his role. What did he do that was scummy? Why should he have to clarify his role? Your reasoning has already been disproven (by vodean). You picked a player doing zero scumminess because you didn't like his claim, even though it is entirely plausible, not only due to the death of the night, but also predicted by me. If you are going to present a case, then actually present one. You can't arbitrarily pick people out of a hat to pressure.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:46 am

thehippo8 wrote:I have to agree. It all seems a little too fishy for me. There are several things we can obtain on a lynch on vode. Firstly, we will be able to learn his alignment. Second, we will better understand those trying to align with him. Third, it will be clearer what the meaning of the manner of posts have been on him. Seems like more up sides than down sides. Down sides of course are that firstly he may actually be town. Secondly, he may have some power that town needs later in the game, Thirdly, those who have been aligning with him may simply have misread the situation. At any rate ... and for better or worse ... unvote vote Vode

Just leave if you don't want to read. I'm not even kidding. If you had actually read the last 3 pages there is no way you could come to that conclusion.
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:46 am

Well I wanted him to claim further because I feel if someone softclaims, then they just paint a crosshair on themselves, and doc may not save them if they don't know who they are and therefore why to protect them.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:02 am

jonty125 wrote:Well I wanted him to claim further because I feel if someone softclaims, then they just paint a crosshair on themselves, and doc may not save them if they don't know who they are and therefore why to protect them.

So what did he softclaim? Remember you just said that he didn't softclaim a protective role.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby vodean on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Well I wanted him to claim further because I feel if someone softclaims, then they just paint a crosshair on themselves, and doc may not save them if they don't know who they are and therefore why to protect them.

So what did he softclaim? Remember you just said that he didn't softclaim a protective role.

human, but not like the rest of us. we feel that he needs to elaborate on that statement
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives