Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby Rodion on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Nendreel wrote:The main issue I have with this case, is that the questions asked N1 were Tracker related, but seem to be broken.
Rishaed tracked Vodean who didn't go anywhere, but Vodean tracked Betiko (who also went nowhere) but this means Vodean did go somewhere. So if the Tracker question is broken, what's the point of it?

You're missing the point.

a) player A tracks player B -> player A visits player B and that can be shown in other tracker/watcher reports
b) player A asks Yog-Sothoth where player B went -> player A never left his home, so tracking says he did not go anywhere
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 pm

rishaed wrote:
show

EBWOP

When was you last check in, five minutes ago? I'm here and I've been posting. I've voiced my concerns about vodean and as of right now, I think Doom's judgement is the best out of anyone's right now.

Sorry, but without a vote my hands are pretty much tied.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Nendreel wrote:As a preface to my post I'll have to state that I am a human, but I did not get the same role as most of the other humans.
From what I gather, the near-VT humans function as semi-JOATs. They are allowed to ask specific questions about a target of their choice.
Based on the rules, insanity occurs if they encounter certain events.
I pressume that these certain events involve Elder Gods or monster encounters.

Rishaed visited Vodean and didn't go insane, which implies Vodean would be human (as he claimed)
Vodean visited Betiko and did go insane, therefore Betiko is not human.
To the best of my understanding the way insanity works regarding the questions is that whenever you ask a question there is a chance of you losing sanity. The more "valuable" the question is the greater the chance of you losing sanity (or perhaps the more debilitating the insanity can be).
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 pm

pancakemix wrote:
rishaed wrote:
show

EBWOP

When was you last check in, five minutes ago? I'm here and I've been posting. I've voiced my concerns about vodean and as of right now, I think Doom's judgement is the best out of anyone's right now.

Sorry, but without a vote my hands are pretty much tied.

It looks like his list boils down to "People I haven't seen post in two pages." Doom's is much easier to read and more accurate (IMHO), so that's the one I suggest we follow. With that being said, I'm with Doom, so vote LSU.

Could we get a prod of Crazymilkshake5 please?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby new guy1 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 pm

I would like to say sorry that I was have not posted much of substance, I have been out, just read up, and it seems everyone is voting LSU. Im going to go back as I seem to have missed the post that everyone went off on, but I know that there was mention of him in doom's list of players that listed him as most likely scum. With that said, Im going to go back and look at all of his (LSU's) posts to see if I think he is vote worthy to me...

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:PR's don't have to "appear in every post". I've been in a game where I had a pr but only had to do it once a day. Doom to me is trying to hard to get lynched so something may be up with that. As far as VT knowing who each other are, it is a possibility but I am more inclined to believe that it is not that way for all of them. Rishaed is also someone that I am a bit suspicious of at this time.

Unvote Vote Doom

I want sully replaced.

The blue part is why I am voting him. Not only did he post little in the game (I am guilty of the same thing), but most of his posts seem to be incriminating doom and then he is saying here that hes leaning towards VT's not all knowing who each other are and such, which would say he is not a human, since he isnt sure, (as far as I can tell) and therefore he may be a threat to town, so I will Vote LSU.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm

I don't think much of the case on LSU. It is just fluff.

Of more concern to me is Nendreel. He claims human but seems so far away from what the others are posting that to me it looks like a fake claim. He hasn't posted enough to completely hang him but his I'm a human but not a JOAT thing is so completely contra to the others that we either don't believe Nendreel or we don't believe the rest of the claimed humans. Frankly, and based on my PMs, I don't believe Nendreel.

So,unvote vote Nendreel.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Nendreel wrote:Yikes, this game is getting confusing fast.
As a preface to my post I'll have to state that I am a human, but I did not get the same role as most of the other humans.
From what I gather, the near-VT humans function as semi-JOATs. They are allowed to ask specific questions about a target of their choice.
Based on the rules, insanity occurs if they encounter certain events.
I pressume that these certain events involve Elder Gods or monster encounters.

Rishaed visited Vodean and didn't go insane, which implies Vodean would be human (as he claimed)
Vodean visited Betiko and did go insane, therefore Betiko is not human.

The main issue I have with this case, is that the questions asked N1 were Tracker related, but seem to be broken.
Rishaed tracked Vodean who didn't go anywhere, but Vodean tracked Betiko (who also went nowhere) but this means Vodean did go somewhere. So if the Tracker question is broken, what's the point of it?

vote betiko since he seems to be non-human.

The question of the day would be does one go insane if they discover something they "shouldn't" or is it the price one pays for seeking this knowledge? Why would Vodean go insane yet Rishead not? One of two reasons. Either he is right about Betiko or the mod uses a method to determine insanity.

Just like a person has a 50% chance of dieing if they have the most lynch votes but not enough to lynch, I Believe the mod roles the dice to determine insanity. One has a greater chance of going insane dependent on the knowledge sought.

What would have been the result if Vodean discovered that Betiko was The Great Baba Booey ?

I find it hard to believe that the end result of insanity is reciting poetry and speaking about the lore. If that is the Risk vs Reward
then tomorrow there will probably be an HP Lovecraft poetry circle.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nendreel on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:08 pm

thehippo8 wrote:I don't think much of the case on LSU. It is just fluff.

Of more concern to me is Nendreel. He claims human but seems so far away from what the others are posting that to me it looks like a fake claim. He hasn't posted enough to completely hang him but his I'm a human but not a JOAT thing is so completely contra to the others that we either don't believe Nendreel or we don't believe the rest of the claimed humans. Frankly, and based on my PMs, I don't believe Nendreel.

So,unvote vote Nendreel.

I'm not really sure how my claim is so unbelievable considering that soundman has been confirmed as a human and wasn't JOAT.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:35 pm

LSU has raised 3 points, all of which I disagree with:

a) Doom is a jester
b) rishaed is scummy
c) sully should have been replaced

Now, its fine for someone to have a different opinion than me, but unless these 3 points can be defended, they are a scummy stance in that they are the "safe" stance. I still stand by what I said when I noted that replacements aren't that amazing in this game.

I would be willing to unvote, if LSU could give one reason for each of those 3 stances. And yes, I understand that those were early day 1 stances, so I will take "back-in-time" reasoning. As I fear, there was no valid reason for any of those 3 positions (maybe the rishaed one).
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Why has no one addressed Vodean's statement that he has the ability to change alignment?

If he is third party human survivor as he claims and he can change alignment why would he do so? Even more important...to what alignment?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby vodean on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Why has no one addressed Vodean's statement that he has the ability to change alignment?

If he is third party human survivor as he claims and he can change alignment why would he do so? Even more important...to what alignment?

we have it as a one-shot ability. also, we dont know what alignment we get necessarily. im not going to reveal more info. maybe one of the other humans did.

betiko, i fully believe your claim, but i am curious about what you did.

doom, you are being scummy again, stop. that was early on D1, and there were a number of people who agreed.

insanity is random based on the question.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:03 pm

So then Vodean if your role has a one shot ability to change alignment and you do not know what that alignment would change to, that would be a double edged sword.

As a third party survivor who can join a faction outside of "normal human" that would mean factions have to be very wary of who they target. I am assuming a faction/cults win condition is to gain more numbers then everyone else. By targeting "normal" humans such as yourself they have the potential of killing one of their own.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby edocsil on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:So then Vodean if your role has a one shot ability to change alignment and you do not know what that alignment would change to, that would be a double edged sword.

As a third party survivor who can join a faction outside of "normal human" that would mean factions have to be very wary of who they target. I am assuming a faction/cults win condition is to gain more numbers then everyone else. By targeting "normal" humans such as yourself they have the potential of killing one of their own.

That's really not how it works at all. It isn't random.

Also betiko kinda dropped the bomb a few pages bag for sure and I hadn't noticed. That borders on quoting honestly, but w/e it isn't my decision. Definitely a "vt"
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:55 pm

rishaed wrote:
show

EBWOP

ghostly447 wrote:Jonty is writing from a poem. There are 3 possible things that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. More likely: Since he is posting a constant amount (not too much) and following the poem line for line, I think he has a post limit (think about it like this. The poem as somehow trapped him inside his slumber. It is a dream from which he CANNOT awake according to the link he gave us).

2. Less likely: Once he completes the lines in this poem, he will no longer be insane.

3. Even less like: Once he completes the lines in this poem, he will die or raise someone from the dead.

4. Other

Jonty, if you are able to confirm any of these, confirm by slipping the number of the correct option in your next post. If it is something else, use the number 4 so we can try to figure it out.

I dont know why I am red on your list. I posted yesterday.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby vodean on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 pm

as one good goes, two bad come.
as i see it, the clear people are: betiko, rishaed, doom (despite his erratic behavior, he knows a lot that only humans could know as far as we know, as well as his not necessarily being a normal human like the others--> he could be like nendreel), edoc (probably), and me (despite what some of you may think, the humans can confirm that i am one of them). since humans are so plentiful, town pretty much have to accept that having us around is in your best interests at the current time.
On the other hand are people who are not human. they are not necessarily scum, but they are the ones who might be. on the list is: ghostly (probably not, but its possible i guess that hes a human), iron butterfly, nendreel, hippo (though he seems like he is trying to subtly paint himself as human specifically here), new guy1, who strikes me as very scummy in this post where he admits to scummarining, and jumps on a weak BW with poor reasoning), kanin usagi (has given little evidence either way, which i think paints him as non-human, as well as seeming very scummy in this post where he is blatantly following doom for no good reason), pancake, spiesr, rodion, nendreel (he may be human, but if so he is abnormal).

betiko, i fully believe your claim, but i am curious about what you did. (i asked this in my last post, and you havent posted since, but i am just curious. this could be potentially very valuable info. just say which action you took (the first, second, third, etc. and then what the result was).
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 am

Stars that soothe and stars that bless

I have no idea on the results of this poem and I would like to hear more about Nendreel if he is soft-claiming to be a non-standard-human,
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 am

I can confirm pancakes issue with losing his vote as I too had it happen to me. I am a captive man. And I believe pcm is the same
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:16 am

That isn't good. . . Can you tell us what kind of role you have? This means that we have 2 people, who are probably antitown, who can restrain/procrastinate/remove votes from others so they can either avoid a lynch or whatever else. Or it is one person who can target two people with the same effects as the other scenario.
FYI starting tomorrow I will lose my internet connection until the 6th Nov. Thanks for the understanding
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 am

lord voldemort wrote:I can confirm pancakes issue with losing his vote as I too had it happen to me. I am a captive man. And I believe pcm is the same

EBWOP captive mind
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Nendreel on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 am

jonty125 wrote:Stars that soothe and stars that bless

I have no idea on the results of this poem and I would like to hear more about Nendreel if he is soft-claiming to be a non-standard-human,

Short of a full claim, I don't think I can tell you much more, but you may wish to recall how our Day began. Like Doom, Betiko and soundman I am (h)uman, but unlike Doom and Betiko I am not (H)uman.

Will that suffice for an explanation?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 am

FOS jonty for rolefishing.

In fact, unvote vote jonty

Nendreel is obviously a protective role or a resurrector of some sort. For trying to out the doctor, you are clearly anti-town.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm

vodean wrote:boy, does that feel better.
now, does shoggoth count as town blue or as non-town not-blue? it was clearly a different color, but what of it? i did some research, but could not determine enough (due to my limited knowledge of lovecraft) to tell what alignment shoggoth would be.

as for doom, yesterday, i asked you to give us your alignment because i was looking for the info on you, to see if it could shed some light on the case you built.

Pretty sure it's obvious that it was not a TOWN role...

strike wolf wrote:Have to say reading this thread was quite entertaining. unfortunately due to doom's bold play, I have more town reads than evil reads. I think we're forgetting this is based off of multiple books. there are likely quite a few factions beyond the traditional ones.

This is an official game + a slash's game... You definitely know that it's not going to be your average game. Furthermore, this is a Lovecraft mafia, thus I am even more certain that the game is going to be really complicated and confusing with roles and conditions mixed up. Wouldn't be too shocked if this game had a large amount of 3rd party roles (survivors/cult) to compliment. In other words, I expected that a lot of people will have different ways to get to victories, which could make any readings very difficult to interpret.

@ Lyncher-lynchee mechanics: Look up edoc's post about jesters... It's almost as uncommon and barely ever used. No need to assume and do more guesswork than needed.

@ Vodean matter - I highly recommend giving this another day to see if he would return to his normal state of mind. It is quite clear he's not in the right state of mind, thus we won't get that much information from him even if we pressure him (or at least that's my assumption). The reason for this is the main information we'd gain would be from the bandwagon rather than lynch.

safariguy5 wrote:I suppose if we were to assume that someone went insane, it might actually be a signal that they're not mafia or a monster third party or whatever. We know monsters don't go insane, and mafia cultists (if there indeed are some) would most likely not be given debilitating insanity PR's. Certainly not ones that would last multiple days.

Assumption without any basis. WIFOM.

@ Yoshi: would you mind elaborating a bit more about your case?

MOD: Would it be possible to extend the deadline?
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 pm

vodean wrote:as one good goes, two bad come.
as i see it, the clear people are: betiko, rishaed, doom (despite his erratic behavior, he knows a lot that only humans could know as far as we know, as well as his not necessarily being a normal human like the others--> he could be like nendreel), edoc (probably), and me (despite what some of you may think, the humans can confirm that i am one of them). since humans are so plentiful, town pretty much have to accept that having us around is in your best interests at the current time.
On the other hand are people who are not human. they are not necessarily scum, but they are the ones who might be. on the list is: ghostly (probably not, but its possible i guess that hes a human), iron butterfly, nendreel, hippo (though he seems like he is trying to subtly paint himself as human specifically here), new guy1, who strikes me as very scummy in this post where he admits to scummarining, and jumps on a weak BW with poor reasoning), kanin usagi (has given little evidence either way, which i think paints him as non-human, as well as seeming very scummy in this post where he is blatantly following doom for no good reason), pancake, spiesr, rodion, nendreel (he may be human, but if so he is abnormal).

betiko, i fully believe your claim, but i am curious about what you did. (i asked this in my last post, and you havent posted since, but i am just curious. this could be potentially very valuable info. just say which action you took (the first, second, third, etc. and then what the result was).

Quick question: did you not say that humans can change alignments? If that's the case (if it's not, someone has lied), then why would we completely trust humans as of right now either? Some of them could have changed their alignment and may not have the best interests in mind. While I do agree that focusing on non-humans may our best avenue currently, I do not like giving people a free pass.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Nendreel wrote:

Short of a full claim, I don't think I can tell you much more, but you may wish to recall how our Day began. Like Doom, Betiko and soundman I am (h)uman, but unlike Doom and Betiko I am not (H)uman.

Clearly you are adamant on this. Noted and
ImageImageImage
show

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Nendreel wrote:

Clearly you are adamant about this. Noted and unvote. I also agree that some more detail from Doom will be helpful. You have the best case going to date.
ImageImageImage
show

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives