Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eleven

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 am

I do know that all he unlocked by getting the Necromicon, was a Kill function. Saf said my alignment when I was aligned with him was the same as the Elder Things. Immediately after he got the Necromicon, he killed our reviver, which for some reason the SK wasn't doing. I must think his WC changed, because / didn't say that hippo won. . . . thus vote Hippo Something is fishy with his story, but I haven't been able to figure out what yet.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 am

Well, you can lead a horse to culture but you can't make it think!

I repeat, I made my win condition by getting the necronomicon. I then received a night kill function. My theory (which I am yet to be dissuaded against) is that humand are fighting the revived. The rest of the game is distraction. If you disagree with me then you are going to need to explain that a lot better than you are.

You are right, I could sit back and just ignore the lot of you - but that's not my style. I am always up for helping town win, and scum lose, whenever possible! Always have, always will! But what you are saying is - nah we disagree but we ain't saying why (because I am right) and screw it let's destroy the one person who has not got an agenda. You may sense my frustration - but I guess I can't force you to act logically!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:10 am

Honestly speaking between either cult/you I don't care who gets lynched. If possible I would take Cult over you, but lynching Witt(knOwn cultie) may backfire into killing a townie. Thus unless we can settle to lynch one of the other cultie suspects/ out the SK(if alive), possible known threats are the best ones to go after.
You argue that you aren't a townie threat then, why did you vig(?) rodion over doom, the obvious cult/zombie??
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am

Because I thought Rodion was more of a threat at that point of time. I could just as easily taken out various others, including Doom, but I was satisfied that Rodion was the right choice. He's a clever sausage and apt to confuse others to his wylie ways!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 am

the only way we could end up killing a human instead of witt is if he's in soundman's body. everyone else has confirmed to be in their own bodies and this is something / tells you by PM if it happens to you.
If soundman was abducted, we lynch him and it will kill witt leaving soundman alive (in witt's body though but don't think it would matter).
Regarding hippo, I'm not really sure he's a threat. I'm pretty sure it comes down now to killing the (hopefully) last cult and the SK.
I think hippo's theories about revived vs non revived don't make too much sense though.

if it was the case here would be the list:

revived:
saf
soundman
spiesr

non revived:
betiko
rishaed
jonty
pcm

I've killed quite a few non revived being non revived myself so it doesn't really work.
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:05 am

rishaed wrote:I do know that all he unlocked by getting the Necromicon, was a Kill function. Saf said my alignment when I was aligned with him was the same as the Elder Things. Immediately after he got the Necromicon, he killed our reviver, which for some reason the SK wasn't doing. I must think his WC changed, because / didn't say that hippo won. . . . thus vote Hippo Something is fishy with his story, but I haven't been able to figure out what yet.

And I have a terrible feeling me holding back one piece of info while playing the god is why I don't believe Hippo. I was unable to give that info out before you had lynched me. I was unlucky and was away from the computer and phone most of that day. I will ask / if I can give you that info now. But since that character is dead now, he will most likey tell me I can't give it out :/ But one thing I can tell you is, I STILL DO NOT full believe hippo. I didn't as my first character, and he still posts his posts in riddles. They never seem perfectly clear and with a bit of a devilish twist to cover that up by getting on your good side. VOTE Hippo I will tell you the response of / if I am able to give the info or not.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 pm

well the only thing certain is that you are cult and the only safe way to get rid of you is with a day lynch. I'd rather lynch the last cult than a possible threat at least today. If we ask hippo to kill who we want tonight + me to do the same we could end up with the sk as well and probably endgame. Don't think there are any zombies left.
If hippo does wierd stuff tonight we can still lynch him tomorrow, if ever it's possible to lynch him. By the way, yesterday we reached deadline did / "roll the dice" to lynch or not hippo or is he just unlynchable?
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 pm

betiko wrote:well the only thing certain is that you are cult and the only safe way to get rid of you is with a day lynch. I'd rather lynch the last cult than a possible threat at least today. If we ask hippo to kill who we want tonight + me to do the same we could end up with the sk as well and probably endgame. Don't think there are any zombies left.
If hippo does wierd stuff tonight we can still lynch him tomorrow, if ever it's possible to lynch him. By the way, yesterday we reached deadline did / "roll the dice" to lynch or not hippo or is he just unlynchable?

I think he had a one shot no lynch and is most likely unkillable now that cluth is gone. My Vote is on Hippo

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Hippo, what do you plan to do now that all of the zombies are gone?
betiko wrote:well the only thing certain is that you are cult and the only safe way to get rid of you is with a day lynch. I'd rather lynch the last cult than a possible threat at least today. If we ask hippo to kill who we want tonight + me to do the same we could end up with the sk as well and probably endgame. Don't think there are any zombies left.
On the subject of how to lynch today. You are correct that we can only safely kill the cult Yith member via a lynch. However, the way I see it, we can safely put that off a Day if we need to. Tomorrow Witt will be in the same place as he is today, that is either he is in his own body and we lynch him, or he is in somebody else's body and that person tells us they got possessed and we lynch that person.
Right now I feel that Hippo is a bigger threat. Less is known about him than is known about Witt, and he has been killing off people in a manner which I believe is not in the interests of the town. It is all most certain that he will kill again tonight if he is still alive and he appears to have the ability to kill through Doctor protection. (Which Witt does not.)
Vote theHippo.
I am willing to change my vote to Witt if it is necessary to actually reach a lynch today, but I really do feel that Hippo is the bigger threat.
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Cool, seems that's decided. Gods are never properly understood anyway!! Ok, tonight I will kill Witt. Just letting you know Betico so you don't make the same mistake.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Cool, seems that's decided. Gods are never properly understood anyway!! Ok, tonight I will kill Witt. Just letting you know Betico so you don't make the same mistake.

unless it's pure useless wifom, you are basically threatening all humans to randomly die tonight. thank you for this bright idea hippo!
And what same mistake are you even talking about? we each targeted a different zombie last night.
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

show

Edit: Just letting you know Betico so you don't make the same target by mistake!

Also, you said I was "threatening all humans to randomly die tonight", but I said nothing of the sort. I was wanting you to clarify who you were going to kill tonight - as I have said who I am going to kill tonight. If you are unwilling to do that then town's fears of you as an SK are probably well founded! You have played it straight up to now, so what's with the getting all angsty at this point?

Would be good to hear what the rest of town want to do here too. I appreciate that some of you are duped into thinking that a lynch on me will be effective but you will see. I personally am saddened that you will waste a day but that's your biz! But indulge me this, as I have always told you the truth, you may want to contemplate what you want after this mislynch.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Little Witt wrote:

I think he had a one shot no lynch and is most likely unkillable now that cluth is gone. My Vote is on Hippo

If you read the cop results I had on him yes, he is currently unNK'able(humans cant kill him) Since he is a possible threat, I would say the only way for him to be ejected from the game is a lynch.

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Also, you said I was "threatening all humans to randomly die tonight", but I said nothing of the sort. I was wanting you to clarify who you were going to kill tonight - as I have said who I am going to kill tonight. If you are unwilling to do that then town's fears of you as an SK are probably well founded! You have played it straight up to now, so what's with the getting all angsty at this point?
What I think Betiko meant was that if you kill Little Witt tonight he might have possessed some other player, thus you wouldn't actually kill him but rather whatever player who's body he is inhabiting.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
show

Edit: Just letting you know Betico so you don't make the same target by mistake!

Also, you said I was "threatening all humans to randomly die tonight", but I said nothing of the sort. I was wanting you to clarify who you were going to kill tonight - as I have said who I am going to kill tonight. If you are unwilling to do that then town's fears of you as an SK are probably well founded! You have played it straight up to now, so what's with the getting all angsty at this point?

Would be good to hear what the rest of town want to do here too. I appreciate that some of you are duped into thinking that a lynch on me will be effective but you will see. I personally am saddened that you will waste a day but that's your biz! But indulge me this, as I have always told you the truth, you may want to contemplate what you want after this mislynch.

you still don't get it... Have you been reading this thread? What is witt's ability? Do you not understand that by lynching witt you will in fact randomly NK a human (whoever witt has targeted)? Gosh, didn't think I'd have to reexplain this... This has been my argument all the way that our priority is to kill witt to finish up the cult and not to screw up night kills. It can only work through a lynch and not through a NK.
Dude seriously, wake up your brain is getting fluffy with the game finishing.

side note: can you please stop calling me "betico" every single time, it's with a k and you've seen it written on 130 pages (appart from other mafia games we've played together) you're the only one doing it, I thought it was time to mention it! ;)
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 am

Sorry about mispelling your name. The most beautiful sound in any language is your name. To be frank, I didn't realise I was doing it! So, sorry betiko - won't happen again.

Back to the point in question - yes I have been reading. But then remember my night ability. I can cut through anything to kill who I want to kill. If I say I will kill Witt then Witt is who I will kill. I am a God, do you really think I am interested in hurting a human?

Let's see if your words ring in the ears of humanity who really need to hear it!

Now, assuming the other players do trust you (and let's face it why else would they be voting on me?) then let's be getting back to who I could night kill other than Witt. I am all for lynching Witt - that's why my vote is on Witt.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:02 am

thehippo8 wrote:Sorry about mispelling your name. The most beautiful sound in any language is your name. To be frank, I didn't realise I was doing it! So, sorry betiko - won't happen again.

Back to the point in question - yes I have been reading. But then remember my night ability. I can cut through anything to kill who I want to kill. If I say I will kill Witt then Witt is who I will kill. I am a God, do you really think I am interested in hurting a human?

Let's see if your words ring in the ears of humanity who really need to hear it!

Now, assuming the other players do trust you (and let's face it why else would they be voting on me?) then let's be getting back to who I could night kill other than Witt. I am all for lynching Witt - that's why my vote is on Witt.

You know ... I really think that I have had a leave of my senses this weekend. Just went back and read what I had written against what you said ... and others. Lol ... it's like I read but then don't read. Sorry, got it now ... unvote.

So is it worth risking a lynch on Soundman? Or would a no lynch be better. Frankly, now I am happy that you waste a lynch on me. It will vent your thoughts on my stupid play and it will prove what a waste of time that is. But, yep, unless you agree with my theory of removing the revived then I guess you are very limited for choice. Now I feel very stupid ... sorry all :oops:
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 am

well no way we lynch soundman like this, I would ask / for an extension if he doesn't show up by deadline, really need his answer to know if weather or not he has witt inside of him.
And I don't know if you can be 100% certain that if you decide to NK witt you would not lynch the person he is in by accident, maybe you could ask / for confirmation. Supposing you get lynched and survive the lynch I would definitely support a witt NK from you if you are 100% sure you would anihilate his switch ability. Hopefully / would tell us in the scene that he was the last remaining cult as jak wifomed us with 4/5 members.
I'd rather keep you alive personally, because you have a great power that can be used the way the majority would ask you to (no one can kill whoever they want like that). If you do something strange you know you would get lynched the next day, if ever you are lynchable. If you are not there is nothing we can do about you really, so I'd rather have you on our side. That's my personal opinion, and I was more in favour of rishaed's initial plan but looks like we are the only ones.
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 am

A barber (who is a man) shaves all and only those men who do not shave themselves. Does he shave himself?

I don't think we should lynch hippo.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 am

when was the deadline, wednesday? /, did you prod soundman? the only one who still didn't show up.
witt, are you in a body today?? :)

jonty is your PR about writting paradoxes or something? is it permanent? can you vote today? I think too much sleeping is not doing you any good! lol
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 pm

betiko wrote:when was the deadline, wednesday? /, did you prod soundman? the only one who still didn't show up.
witt, are you in a body today?? :)

jonty is your PR about writting paradoxes or something? is it permanent? can you vote today? I think too much sleeping is not doing you any good! lol

Everything is a permanent in a temporary world. vote no lynch to see if I have vote.
Cook jonty125

Postby Little Witt on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Unvote until further notice.

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Little Witt wrote:Unvote until further notice.
Why?
jonty125 wrote:Everything is a permanent in a temporary world. vote no lynch to see if I have vote.
Is this just a test vote, or do you really think we should go with no lynch today?

I assume the vote count looks something like this at the moment.
Little Witt: 1 vote; Betiko,
thehippo8: 1 vote; spiesr
No Lynch: 1 vote; Jonty?

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch, deadline Wednesday
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm

spiesr wrote:
Little Witt wrote:Unvote until further notice.
Why?
jonty125 wrote:Everything is a permanent in a temporary world. vote no lynch to see if I have vote.
Is this just a test vote, or do you really think we should go with no lynch today?

I assume the vote count looks something like this at the moment.
Little Witt: 1 vote; Betiko,
thehippo8: 1 vote; spiesr
No Lynch: 1 vote; Jonty?

With 10 alive it takes 5 to lynch, deadline Wednesday

How can something be a test if everything is real?
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 pm

So you are advocating that we do a no lynch today?
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives