Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Postby / on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 am

betiko wrote:by the way /, how long did it take you to adjust the whole concept and game mechanics? you added player roles at some point, what were they, extra unaligned normal humans?

Not too long, it was pretty much a sliding scale if I recall.
If player # was <X I would lessen certain factions to 2, if it was greater I would add an extra Elder thing, Shoggoth, etc.
I even had a few extra roles to throw into the mix if it was extra huge, actually I believe Shoggoth was one of the roles added to balance out the mix.
I think there was a rough ratio to be added to each faction to do a quick balance.

Also, thanks I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't want MVP. Even on the occasions I do play, I can't handle more than three or so games, sorry.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Rodion on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 pm

So, my WC reverted back to "town" when I died?
General Rodion

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:18 pm

betiko wrote:does / gets to vote? I see he remains neutral, but he's the one who has been monitoring absolutely everything and understanding (or not!) everyone's motives in all situations. definitely the best to judge.

other idea, since it's so hard to chose an MVP for this game as we all had our ups and downs, and we all agree that this was the best/one of the best games ever on this site I vote MVP /.

by the way /, how long did it take you to adjust the whole concept and game mechanics? you added player roles at some point, what were they, extra unaligned normal humans?

great Idea

/ has my vote for MVP
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm

/ wrote:
betiko wrote:by the way /, how long did it take you to adjust the whole concept and game mechanics? you added player roles at some point, what were they, extra unaligned normal humans?

Not too long, it was pretty much a sliding scale if I recall.
If player # was <X I would lessen certain factions to 2, if it was greater I would add an extra Elder thing, Shoggoth, etc.
I even had a few extra roles to throw into the mix if it was extra huge, actually I believe Shoggoth was one of the roles added to balance out the mix.
I think there was a rough ratio to be added to each faction to do a quick balance.

Also, thanks I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't want MVP. Even on the occasions I do play, I can't handle more than three or so games, sorry.

What I'll do in the case you win then, is hold the premium off for you (i.e. you can use it as a prize for a mafia game in the future, or you can choose to use it for yourself eventually).
Private blakebowling

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm

I agree, I'd think / would deserve MVP.
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:39 pm

looking forward for my #100 medal! :D
Major betiko

Postby / on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Rodion wrote:So, my WC reverted back to "town" when I died?

Yup, the zombie win condition was an anomaly brought on by the existence of the state between life and death.
If the player was either fully alive or dead, it wouldn't exist.

Actually, Nendreel could reanimate zombies back to normal humans while they were still "alive" once he achieved his win condition. I hinted at such, mentioning he could use his action on certain players in the "alive" list, but I suppose he either didn't want to, or didn't catch the hint.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Little Witt on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 pm

MVP /

Amazing modding and a great game I really enjoyed it even though I joined half way.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby rishaed on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 pm

i must say i was impressed w/ his mod skills and his ability to answer questions... so MVP /
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Nendreel on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 pm

/ wrote:Actually, Nendreel could reanimate zombies back to normal humans while they were still "alive" once he achieved his win condition. I hinted at such, mentioning he could use his action on certain players in the "alive" list, but I suppose he either didn't want to, or didn't catch the hint.

I did catch the hint, but decided to avoid doing that. Without knowing if Zombies wanted to kill me, or would still want to kill me afterwards, restoring Rodion seem to large of a risk.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 am

I thought it was a great game and MVP should go to our great mod /!
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Rodion on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 am

I say give it to / and if he doesn't want it, he graces us with another game to get rid of it. :D
General Rodion

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 am

Rodion wrote:I say give it to / and if he doesn't want it, he graces us with another game to get rid of it. :D

This man is a genius!
Lieutenant soundman

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 pm

most valued player shouldn't go to a mod, as much as we appreciate what / has done.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:most valued player shouldn't go to a mod, as much as we appreciate what / has done.

^
MVP = Most Valued Player

While I enjoy /'s modding I am thinking over the players of the game.

MVP Nendreel

I was deciding between Hippo and Nendreel and let's face it, without Nendreel town would have lost ~Points to the only town remaining all being revived by him~
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby rishaed on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm not sure thats true, Between me betiko and hippo im sure we would have killed PCM, a because I knew he was cult, (especially after i had jonty killed for thinking he was an SK). But also knowing that you had 2 SK's at the end of the game, and a God who had a kill power he would have eventually gotten killed. However if town had to be alive, then yes he did secure the town win.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 pm

hum, good question, only rodion left and he was a zombie, so no one really trusted him. I think that we would've gotten rid of rodion before endgame, so town would've lost.

I'm fine with giving it to nendreel, he played well +he's freemium. hope it will give him the chance to play much more games! ;)
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 pm

hmm... i had him pegged as doctor day 1... not sure why mafia didn't kill him. However, in the spirit of unity, I will cast my vote to nendreel.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby blakebowling on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 pm

As some of you have expressed MVP stands for Most Valued Player, and as such, it has been awarded to Nendreel.

As a thanks to / for running a great game, he will be invited to run another Officially sponsored game in the future.

All of the awards should be handed out tonight. Thank you all for playing!
Private blakebowling

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Sorry about not posting earlier. A huge appreciation to those of you who considered me for MVP but I agree that Nendreelis the player to get that (and I'd love it if / could get some special recognition too!!).
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby blakebowling on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 am

blakebowling wrote:As some of you have expressed MVP stands for Most Valued Player, and as such, it has been awarded to Nendreel.

As a thanks to / for running a great game, he will be invited to run another Officially sponsored game in the future.

All of the awards should be handed out tonight. Thank you all for playing!

I believe all awards have been handed out. If you believe you should've received a medal and didn't, please send me a PM.

This game is now off to the Archives.
Private blakebowling

Postby Nendreel on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 am

Woohoo! Premium! Thanks everyone, for making this game so much fun, and thanks to / for doing such a good job of modding.
Sergeant Nendreel

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives