Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Nendreel on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Been mulling this over for a while.
I'm not going to bother voting for Sully. If he shows, I'll save time not having to unvote. If he doesn't I think he still has the most votes anyways, so he may get auto-lynched.

Ghostly's reaction to the joke-vote seems overboard, but I haven't seen much else that's scummy from him.

Which brings us to DoomYoshi, who has just been acting bizarre. First accusing elon of lying, then eventually we get a roundabout explanation of how, which still doesn't really implicate elon since it relies on assumptions made by Doom. He's also claimed VT, but a special VT who isn't going to be boring. And to top it all off calls LSU scummy without explanation.

It may very well be that Doom is jestering, but I'm willing to take that chance.

vote DoomYoshi
FP a lot
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Nendreel wrote:Been mulling this over for a while.
I'm not going to bother voting for Sully. If he shows, I'll save time not having to unvote. If he doesn't I think he still has the most votes anyways, so he may get auto-lynched.

Ghostly's reaction to the joke-vote seems overboard, but I haven't seen much else that's scummy from him.

Which brings us to DoomYoshi, who has just been acting bizarre. First accusing elon of lying, then eventually we get a roundabout explanation of how, which still doesn't really implicate elon since it relies on assumptions made by Doom. He's also claimed VT, but a special VT who isn't going to be boring. And to top it all off calls LSU scummy without explanation.

It may very well be that Doom is jestering, but I'm willing to take that chance.

vote DoomYoshi
FP a lot

A) elon was lying. He has the same role PM I do. Otherwise, he wouldn't know that there are no true vanillas. Since our role pm implicitly states that there is a cult, he was lying about his knowledge of the cult. (@ghostly: I wasnt pushing for him, why would I push someone with the same role/win condition as me?)

B) I gave an explanation for why LSU is scummy. He took the safest possible reaction to a situation in a way that rubbed me the wrong way.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:13 pm

ghostly, about the dead that still could pm the living like "voices in their heads" is just a thought from the flavour and from the point brought up by swifte.

And yes I agree with doom, PRs aren't important in this game, VTs are. lynch sully!!!

fastposed
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm

another thing, I think that doom is wrong and elon didn't make any vt tell, he is not the first to bring up the cult thing so he is just repeating stuff he saw here. he could as well just be a cult recruiter.
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm

It is highly possible that Doom believes that he knows something about Elon (from his PM) but is mistaken, mislead or misconceived (or thinks he's Miss Universe). I think Doom is just a distraction and that Elon is confused as all get out. Just some thoughts on the Sully lynch. Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance? And, Betiko, if VTs are really the most important thing here - do we really need the grief? I am leaning more towards either a NL or considering someething solid. On that note, the most reasoned post to consider is Vodean's. As to Doom, he is soft-claiming unlynchable so I think that anyone with a night rolecop role or similar could help us there but why waste a lynch? Soundman's idea about ghostly was weak and now we have some input we should be grateful that it was effective, but I can't buy that one. So that leaves me with spiesr for now. I'd be interested in hearing more from others on their thoughts on Vodean's comments - but at this stage it's probably a NL and that may be better to pursue tomorrow?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Nendreel on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:A) elon was lying. He has the same role PM I do. Otherwise, he wouldn't know that there are no true vanillas. Since our role pm implicitly states that there is a cult, he was lying about his knowledge of the cult. (@ghostly: I wasnt pushing for him, why would I push someone with the same role/win condition as me?)

Ok, how do you know he has the same role PM as you?

DoomYoshi wrote:B) I gave an explanation for why LSU is scummy. He took the safest possible reaction to a situation in a way that rubbed me the wrong way.

How is wanting an inactive player replaced scummy? While it may be true that Sully's role may not be important, I would think one more person running around investigating/watching/tracking/whatevering would help us pin down scum. The more people looking around the fewer lies scum can get away with.
I'm more curious as to why you DON'T want Sully replaced.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

my role PM also seems to suggest that there are no true VTs. I am not a VT though... doom, i now believe, as a result of your most recent posts, that you may be fake-claiming.
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:47 pm

the confirm was my first post, sorry if that counts as a scum tell for you. . . I mean seriously the game hadn't even started yet. I am laughing just a bit about the 'rishaed is following doom around' post at the end. I mean I backed up what I was saying with what I was thinking at the time, as for the doom thing. . . if you hadn't noticed i already FOS'd him (pretty sure have to look back) but if I haven't then I'm doing it now ya know? Plus I have been at him for the entire Jester act he's been putting on, whether or not its even legit. And IF your willing than your more than welcome to post my other 'scummy' *cough* posts. I'd be more than happy to get your point of view 8-)
show
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Kanin Usagi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Could we get a vote count please?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:54 pm

edocsil wrote:Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.

I am assuming that was posted towards me. . . I got FP'd quite a bit and hadn't realized about the unlynchable role. I mean its only my second game. (counting batman). Anyhow I really don't know what else to get out of your post so i'll leave it.
FP'd
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm starting to get frustrated here.

I didn't softclaim unlynchable. I was just saying that without a case you can't lynch me.

It doesn't seem like that is true though. You people are lynching me for no reason.

Vodean, I'm not fake claiming. I'm claiming to have a role called townie. Since I have the most basic role, and I know it isnt strictly "vanilla" I was able to surmise that
A) there are no vanillas, and therefore no boring roles.
B) elonpuckhog, and a few others (like vodean) have the same role.

Now that all the VTs have basically given themseleves away, this game is just stupid.

I am not going to contribute anything more today. Lynch me if you want, I don't care any more.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm

thehippo8 wrote: Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance?

A lot of mods at least the old school ones would completely randomize the roles and sides so that every person would have an equal shot at each particular role.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 pm

rishaed wrote:And IF your willing than your more than welcome to post my other 'scummy' *cough* posts. I'd be more than happy to get your point of view 8-)

This ...

According to H. P. Lovecraft:
"The actual sound - as nearly as human organs could imitate it or human letters record it - may be taken as something like Khlul'-hloo, with the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly."

"The best approximation one can make is to grunt, bark, or cough the imperfectly formed syllables Cluh-Luh with the tip of the tongue firmly affixed to the roof of the mouth. That is, if one is a human being. Directions for other entities are naturally different."

Now, are you trying to invoke Chthullu? Is that a soft scum claim?

Fastposted by Doom ... The open slather "you people" is a bit defensive if you ask me ... but then that's your style I suppose. Although your belated nonchalance is understandable. But thanks for clarifying that you are not claiming unlynchable. You are claiming townie - frankly I think that's more than enough for you to claim on day one!

Fastposted by LSU - point taken ... hence the request to replace Sully ... how's that going?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Just checked. Role is actually called "human" not townie.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm

nah, I may be surmising, and im sticking with no vote, but I'd be willing to say that ppl should take there vote off of DOOM ATM. Im hoping that it doesnt sound insane ;)
fp'd by Hippo and Doom

Postby Nendreel on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm starting to get frustrated here.

I didn't softclaim unlynchable. I was just saying that without a case you can't lynch me.

It doesn't seem like that is true though. You people are lynching me for no reason.

Vodean, I'm not fake claiming. I'm claiming to have a role called townie. Since I have the most basic role, and I know it isnt strictly "vanilla" I was able to surmise that
A) there are no vanillas, and therefore no boring roles.
B) elonpuckhog, and a few others (like vodean) have the same role.

Now that all the VTs have basically given themseleves away, this game is just stupid.

I am not going to contribute anything more today. Lynch me if you want, I don't care any more.

Well at least that mystery is solved. elon didn't lie, he and Doom just weren't on the same page on what a VT is.

I'm considering unvoting, but the "take my ball and go home" attitude annoys me enough that I'll leave it there for now.
fp'd by hippo, doom and rish
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Count Belisle on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm

I.m going to have to asked to be replaced due to my family down with a stomach virus i will not be around for several days and i have sitters watching games i will catch you guy the next.time around thank you for understanding
Sergeant Count Belisle

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Count Belisle wrote:I.m going to have to asked to be replaced due to my family down with a stomach virus i will not be around for several days and i have sitters watching games i will catch you guy the next.time around thank you for understanding

Sorry to hear that ... get well soon ... keep your name on the reserve list though ... given the size of this game by the time you feel like playing Mafia again you will bound to be able to come back in!!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:18 pm

by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 pm

betiko wrote:by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..

That's a whole game day...

rishaed wrote:

I am assuming that was posted towards me. . . I got FP'd quite a bit and hadn't realized about the unlynchable role. I mean its only my second game. (counting batman). Anyhow I really don't know what else to get out of your post so i'll leave it.
FP'd

It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:15 pm

edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..

That's a whole game day...

rishaed wrote:

FP'd

It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.

What happened to you along the way Edoc to turn you into this grissly monster? In your very first post ever, relating to your first attempt to make a map, you said "don't judge the graphics this is just a method of putting my thoughts together". I, for one, would love to see a return of that nice guy!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby jak111 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:19 pm

2.DoomYoshi ~ Try hard Jester play
4.crazymilkshake5 ~ 4 days, one liners, joke votes.
5.Iron Butterfly ~ Side tracked off to time management with last post, sort of seemed defensive about it.
8.ghostly447 ~ Took a joke vote a bit too seriously.
14.jak111 ~ Is always in an uproar to get things moving Day 1 but is not in this game because of swamped with projects and time, SCUMMY
16.Victor Sullivan ~ Hasn't even confirmed yet.
21. pancakemix ~ 5 days, one liners, joke vote stage.
23. Count Belisle ~ Asked to be replaced.

Highlighted a few people, so let me comment on this (myself was a joke so don't get your panties in a knot 8-) )

Count just because he asked for replacement so there's a spot empty and useless to us until/if replaced.

Victor, CMS, and Pancake are all in there for inactivity and mostly because they could have dropped by by now. These are only inactive cases and shall only be taken on if we have no good case by tomorrow night (night before deadline).

Now onto Ghostly, Doom, and Iron. These three I think have the most potential for any sort of case against them that holds a bit of water with the time we were given so far.
~ Ghostly's overreaction to earlier posts.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.

So does your vote.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.

unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote

How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.

So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s

Can we please just think about this for a second? If it is sooo obvious you meant it as a joke, how is it not sooo obvious that I used that as what I thought regarding the post? In other words, going off the words you posted I figured you were skimming.

Edoc, different minds think different things. I understand that it could have been sarcasm, but if you have played a game with me (and you have played plenty) you should know that I am rather quick to not let something get dropped too quickly. It doesnt help that I am just coming back so anything sets me off (refer to the other game I am in, Batman). I am just trying to readjust back to my normal playing, and with that I Unvote Jonty.

Exactly, you are trying to readjust, so a slip of taking a joke vote seriously would not surprise me at this point from you.

Just two posts to note on Ghostly that seem a bit scummy/anti-townish like he is a bit jumpy on the gun.

~ Next we have Doom, whom I don't think I need to quote anything since everyone has been seeing the shit he's been pulling lately. Although I will take a bit of a cautionary note on how he is trying TOO hard to be a Jester that him being anti-town regardless of alignment seems to be a huge possibility at the moment. Scum testing his luck, or cult perhaps fishing for roles in the deep sea of 25 players. A long shot yes, but one that seems to befitting of Doom as of late.

~ Finally we have Iron Butterfly.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:uHMMM Perhaps we should wait until the last minute then? So far there is a core group of people out of 26 actively contributing...some have made an appearance but have offered nothing. I'm usually pretty good at leaving folks alone and letting them hang back as they would be on my radar. This game seems to be a bit different in several ways...one being its size and the ability to lay low.

Just sayin

Uhmm invest in a watch if you have time trouble.

*Facepalm*

You do realize that from the beginning of this game, 3 days have passed. 3 fucking days. Day 1 normally lasts 2 weeks or more yet you already insist on looking for inactives and scummariners after 3 days. Since I can't remember playing with you before, I'll give you a benefit of a doubt as new players may do this, but as far as the game is concerned, this is a bad outlook for a few reasons:

1) It's a joke vote stage and there's not really that much to say as of now.
2) People have lives *gasps* and just because they haven't posted much yet does not mean they will not a bit later.
3) Give us some time and towards the end of the 1st week or so, I would make sense to take not who has not talked, but as of now, this gives us a precisely nothing.
4) Just because people are talking now, while there's nothing of substance that can be said, does not mean they should be excluded from the scumdar. In fact, in all likelihood, while there's no real analysis, most of the good scum will post quite a bit to appear active and to ensure a "pro-town" outlook.

Hah, oh you're such a funny guy. Try going to a good university with 16 hours, + 20 hour part time job + various other activities and I'll see how much time you will have on your hands during midterms.

Try raising an eight year old with ODD/ADHD, performing for a living and running your own business and then come back and lecture about time management My college days were the best years of my life doing exactly what you are doing. You think you have time crunch problems now? ?LOL boy your in for a rude awakening...marriage, kids, family, business...The insanity this game promises can no where near compare to living with a neurotic stand-up comic wife.

But thanks for all the good advice.

Now I know Iron is quick on the gun in some cases, but first he says we should pressure those not ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING, yet he's not really that active nor is he offering anything as of late on what's been going on.

Now I have a question since I'm not a huge Love Craft lore fan. Nor have I read much into it. What is the lore? Like what all is there besides Elder Gods, Outer Gods, and Old Ones? (and humans)

Fastposted twice.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:51 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Sully for now. IMO, we need to lynch someone, especially if they can "come back from the dead" or there are post death implications. I also want to see him replaced, but at this point, if he is replaced, we also need to extend the D1 deadline.

I went back through the thread so far and the best case I can come up with is Doom. He claims VT after only 2 votes (no where near being lynched) and claims that he knows I am as well. This after he accuses me of lying but doesn't really state where he knows I am lying. Further, I don't believe there are ANY VTs in this game. Since this is an official game, I would expect almost everyone to have some sort of power role, post restriction, or other quirk that makes them non-vanilla. So, Doom claiming VT is suspicious in and of itself.

As to Doom wanting a response to his "accusation" of me being a VT, I still want him to tell me where I was lying. As I stated, I don't think there are any VTs in this game and that is all I will reveal about my role at this time. No one is currently voting for me and until I get a significant number of votes, I won't claim.

Two other things stand out:

1. Doom and Rishaed pushing for no lynch, especially in light of the rules where there is a 50% chance the highest vote getter will die in the event of a NL. Voting NL wipes that out. It is just noted for now.

2. Ghostly's overreaction from before is noted as well. I think personally its not much of a starter, but he hasn't posted lately as well to respond. It may be time to pressure him as a secondary case.

Also, those who don't want to hang Sully simply because he is inactive - do you want to hang someone, or end day 1 with NL?

Next thing is this beautiful example of skimming. I clearly posted my closing thought on my "over reaction" here:

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote

How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.

So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s

Can we please just think about this for a second? If it is sooo obvious you meant it as a joke, how is it not sooo obvious that I used that as what I thought regarding the post? In other words, going off the words you posted I figured you were skimming.

Edoc, different minds think different things. I understand that it could have been sarcasm, but if you have played a game with me (and you have played plenty) you should know that I am rather quick to not let something get dropped too quickly. It doesnt help that I am just coming back so anything sets me off (refer to the other game I am in, Batman). I am just trying to readjust back to my normal playing, and with that I Unvote Jonty.

3 days ago. Skimming, or forgetful I dont care. You could have gone back to see if I had responded.

thehippo8 wrote:It is highly possible that Doom believes that he knows something about Elon (from his PM) but is mistaken, mislead or misconceived (or thinks he's Miss Universe). I think Doom is just a distraction and that Elon is confused as all get out. Just some thoughts on the Sully lynch. Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance? And, Betiko, if VTs are really the most important thing here - do we really need the grief? I am leaning more towards either a NL or considering someething solid. On that note, the most reasoned post to consider is Vodean's. As to Doom, he is soft-claiming unlynchable so I think that anyone with a night rolecop role or similar could help us there but why waste a lynch? Soundman's idea about ghostly was weak and now we have some input we should be grateful that it was effective, but I can't buy that one. So that leaves me with spiesr for now. I'd be interested in hearing more from others on their thoughts on Vodean's comments - but at this stage it's probably a NL and that may be better to pursue tomorrow?

Oh my bad, he didnt understand the sarcasm and his response is highlighted in red. Maybe we should give him shit for it and constantly bring it up, since obviously sarcasm is seen by all in the same light so since he didnt see it he must be hiding something. Do you see why I am getting annoyed with MY sarcasm getting put under a microscope and thehippo (who has been here longer than me, and is far more experienced in many aspects) gets skipped over? I know HIS wasnt accusing anyone, but he OBVIOUSLY did not get Betiko's sarcasm in this post (important sarcasm in blue):

betiko wrote:ghostly, about the dead that still could pm the living like "voices in their heads" is just a thought from the flavour and from the point brought up by swifte.

And yes I agree with doom, PRs aren't important in this game, VTs are. lynch sully!!!

fastposed

So lets see. Sarcasm seems to be a very strong thing in this game if it is mistaken as actually being SERIOUS. My bad for wanting to be serious, most of you would know that I HATE HATE HATE joke voting stage, and this is why. Every time I post during it, I am put in the spot light for some stupid reason.

Now I know what you are all thinking at this point. "he's over reacting, kill him!". No, I am not over reacting. I am tired of this whole sarcasm mess up being tossed around, chewed a little bit, and being tossed on to the next curious person who wants to make a case off of a misunderstanding. I remember another time like that in this game. Something about that doomyoshi guy and that other elonpuc guy having a misunderstanding that lasted somewhere around 7-9 pages. I am a defensive person when I think there is something dumb brought up. Sorry, thats me.

One more thing.

ghostly447 wrote:

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. - If anyone knows about lovecraft that is obvious (I did not mean in it sarcasm, but I am trying to make a point)
I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. - Entire post can be taken as more of a joke than serious DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

So what is the difference between his sarcasm and my seriousness? Above are a few things in MY response that could be taken as a JOKE VOTE, but werent. mmmk then. So the only difference was:

Apparently all but myself could tell his post was sarcasm, and though mine could have been interpreted as strong sarcasm with a lick of bitterness/seriousness, it wasnt. Just a perfect example of how we all have different perspectives, and though I did not mean it in a sarcastic way, it could have, with a little bit of analysis, been seen as possible sarcasm.

Anymore talk about it, I will be more than happy to try to explain it. But beware, after several paragraphs of doing so already, I may HAVE TO USE SARCASM to entertain myself.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Elon, the only way that typos would know that there are no "vanilla" townies is if you have the most basic role, right?

Anyways, can anyone explain why we should replace rather than just lynch sully? Can you provide a helpful town role for this game?

Cops suck because recruitment changes alignment and trusting cop results is balls in cult games.
Docs aren't important because death doesn't seem to be important.
Roleblockers, busdrivers, LRs and nexii only add to the confusion.
Vig is an anti-town role in any game.

So, can anyone who wants sully replaced give me a possible beneficial role to town? I can't see one, and I am noting this response as the "safe" response. LSU looks scummiest out of the bunch there.

First of all, cops may still be useful for the 1st guilty verdict - and if we see derailment on their account, we can always kill them.

Secondly, it's day 1 and we don't know enough about death to infer that.

WTF? Roleblockers are not useful? Mkayy... Busdrivers, if in good hands, can be game-breakers or game winners. ETC.

Good vigs are really useful too - as long as we don't have a trigger happy one.

thehippo8 wrote:Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance?

The same was true most of my time here, yet he got pretty damn good roles (Cult recruiter @ official pirates game as one example) before, so I'd rather give a chance for mod to replace him. If not, modkill him and NOT FRIGGIN' waste a lynch on him.

edocsil wrote:It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.

This.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives