Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 am

Wasn't it safari who made that comment?

safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

Also, I'm one of the captive minds today. I can confirm that I am voteless and powerless and that PCM is one of the other captive minds.

As for the killing role, as I've stated before, I'm a human JOAT and one of my abilities is to attempt to kill someone which I haven't tried yet for obvious reasons. Whether or not this is the killing role they are referring to I am not sure.

Either way the two legitimate cases (at least I thought) so far today had been Ghostly and Kanin. Kanin for apparently misleading about his role and Ghostly simply because Doom made it sound like he had gained information from the night indicating guilt from Ghostly. However since Doom changed his vote I was wondering if that was true.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Nendreel wrote:I find the link between rishaed's WC and ghostly very weak

You find information from the mod to be weak? Or do you presume that Com9 is lying?

Saf claims that rish is aligned with ghostly.
Rish claims he did not align with ghostly.
We are assuming that ghostly and Player X have the same WC.

It could very well be that rish IS aligned with ghostly and is just lying about it to protect his WC. That being said, we'll get more information pressuring ghostly than rishaed.

FPd by Strike
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 am

strike wolf wrote:Wasn't it safari who made that comment?

safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

Also, I'm one of the captive minds today. I can confirm that I am voteless and powerless and that PCM is one of the other captive minds.

As for the killing role, as I've stated before, I'm a human JOAT and one of my abilities is to attempt to kill someone which I haven't tried yet for obvious reasons. Whether or not this is the killing role they are referring to I am not sure.

Either way the two legitimate cases (at least I thought) so far today had been Ghostly and Kanin. Kanin for apparently misleading about his role and Ghostly simply because Doom made it sound like he had gained information from the night indicating guilt from Ghostly. However since Doom changed his vote I was wondering if that was true.

Not a night action. Good ol' fashioned scum hunting.

Also, yes it was safari. Sorry about that.

Anyways, rishaed, you are lucky. I would pressure the hell out of you if I didn't already have two better cases.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

Also, PCM. The reason you are still captive is due to certain... Advantages you gave with your role as we wanted to use this night. So, yes. We are planning to leave you alone after tonight as what we tried has worked.

Mmm... now you've forced MY hand. Doom, your assumption is wrong. I am not a human. Not the way you are human, anyway. Given what my action was, I wanted to appear at a lower power level. That's out of my hands now, though. I don't think I need to go into further detail than that.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Eventually I will post a case. Let's just suffice it to say for now that half of why I am voting ghost is a mixture of PoE and randomshot.

Sorry, what does PoE mean

DoomYoshi wrote:Unvote vote Kaninbut you have proven yourself to be not human.

vote Kanin for the skimming over the worship incident and him not voicing that he is not human when he was on the human list, because if he was human then this whole incident wouldn't have happened.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Can you elaborate on the nature of this action a bit. Specifically, do you think it could be affected by a busdriver or not?
Captain spiesr

Postby Rodion on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Rodion wrote:That's pretty weird/scummy.

You should explain this worshipping business right away.

EBWOP: gotta stay awake. Cannot go back to the other reality. *starts moving around to shake the sleepiness off*
General Rodion

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah I think Kanin is going to have to full claim. I would love to press ghostly to to satisfy my curiosity, but sadly that isn't really justifiable.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

jonty125 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Eventually I will post a case. Let's just suffice it to say for now that half of why I am voting ghost is a mixture of PoE and randomshot.

Sorry, what does PoE mean

Process of Elimination.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:09 pm

awai kantaro nedehaipa madant
nendreel, he doesnt have to protect his fucking WC because HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT IT FUCKING IS, SO HE DOESNT KNOW IF HE NEEDS TO FUCKING PROTECT IT. stop skimming. FOS Nendreel. this entire game he has been skimming, misleading, and just generally against town's interest. If we didnt have ghostly/rishaed and kanin to go after, nendreel would be at the top of my list right now.

spiesr wrote:
Can you elaborate on the nature of this action a bit. Specifically, do you think it could be affected by a busdriver or not?
another one of your fluff posts. you are worse than me with the scummy one liners that dont really say anything. FOS spiesr.

kanin, its claim-time.

rishaed, just give up the info. despite you being human, im tempted to give you up as an experiment to the nonhumans tomorrow since we clearly cant trust you, since you are withholding info. you are not making me want to believe that a) you are really human and b) you are still pro-town.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 pm

vodean wrote:awai kantaro nedehaipa madant
nendreel, he doesnt have to protect his fucking WC because HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT IT FUCKING IS, SO HE DOESNT KNOW IF HE NEEDS TO FUCKING PROTECT IT. stop skimming. FOS Nendreel. this entire game he has been skimming, misleading, and just generally against town's interest. If we didnt have ghostly/rishaed and kanin to go after, nendreel would be at the top of my list right now.

I'm aware that rish doesn't know what his new WC is.
The pressure on rish was to give up the name of the player he aligned with, which I think is a pointless pursuit.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Nendreel wrote:

The pressure on rish was to give up the name of the player he aligned with, which I think is a pointless pursuit.

Yup. Vodean put his foot in his mouth again.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Humans
vodean
jonty (these 2 are insane)
Sully
yoshi
edoc
rishaed (how did I forget this one)
Rodion (iffy at first, def on this list now though)
betiko

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf
Nendreel (but probably not a monster)
Commander9 (leaning scum)
ghostly (unsure on alignment, slight fos)
Iron Butterfly (fos'ed)
jak
safariguy
new guy (last minute change due to gut feeling)
Kanin
pcm (could be a human trying really hard to pretend not to be)

Unsure right now:
LSU (still strongly leaning scum, playing very similar to vodean, but without the humanity)
voldemort (not posting enough to really tell)
thehippo8 (this guy is impossible to read)
Swifte
crazymilkshake5 (who hasn't posted at all yet... WTF??)

Updated list posted. Nendreel is correct, jonty. PCM, I never had you under the human category, but I could tell you were playing reservedly, which is what made me unsure.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 pm

I wonder if Doom is watching to try and hope I squirm my way into a case that isnt there. Let me TRY to make sense of this:

You posted no information except "Gotcha".

Then there is being tossed around that I am somehow now aligned to someone but it wasnt posted (at least to my knowledge, the only one claiming to be aligned to me is rishaed...Or is he denying he is aligned to me? I cant tell, and others seem to be seeing it from different perspectives because none of it makes sense).

THEN Doom unvotes me for no apparent reason (Which I could sware that no one would do if they "Got me" because why would you leave a case that you had a confirmed result on???)

THEN, somehow it is rational that killing a possible PR (me) would yield greater results than someone who effectively took my alignement (But not specifically ANY of my Night actions, etc) and could possibly just play it out as a VT, effectively killing off a PR to prove that a (more than likely) VT is clear.

NOW, let me also bring up the point that I was not informed of anyone joining up in my alignment (though my role certainly doesnt have me masoned to anyone anyhow) and on top of that I would like you all to sit down, think for a moment as to WHY this is such a strong case. I dont think anything against ME has been given out beside that "gotcha" post Doom made. He has not given you any sort of info besides that, and you are all brainwashed into thinking that I am someone of interest. What if this is one big goose chase that Doom has you on and he has already aligned, gotten mafia (or better yet, taken in by the cult you all seem to ignore daily) and now he is just throwing you all in the wrong direction knowing you will all blindly follow the word of a third party because that is all thats happened this game. No one ever thinks about that eh?

Now, if you want me to think of retaliatory statements, Imma need a case to respond to (which again I will mention has yet to be presented by anyone in any sort of form that someone could respond point by point to). Until then, nothing more really needs to be said besides asking:

spiesr wrote:
another one of your fluff posts. you are worse than me with the scummy one liners that dont really say anything. FOS spiesr.

kanin, its claim-time.

rishaed, just give up the info. despite you being human, im tempted to give you up as an experiment to the nonhumans tomorrow since we clearly cant trust you, since you are withholding info. you are not making me want to believe that a) you are really human and b) you are still pro-town.

why is it already claim time? Has he really racked up enough votes for us to follow yet another 3rd party into the dark hallway that we dont fully understand?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Humans
vodean
Sully
yoshi
edoc
betiko

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf
Iron Butterfly (fos'ed)
jak
safariguy
Kanin

Unsure right now:
LSU (still strongly leaning scum, playing very similar to vodean, but without the humanity)
Swifte

Updated list posted. Nendreel is correct, jonty. PCM, I never had you under the human category, but I could tell you were playing reservedly, which is what made me unsure.

Oh my god people. You were going to follow Doom on a person he and I quote "unsure of alignment, slight fos" Does that SOUND like a strong case to persue? He "got me" and now isnt even sure? Vote Doom for being too wishy washy. Sorry for (I think what will be) a double post.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm

UNVOTE RISHAED

For now.

To me the most important aspect is discovering how many factions there are and more importantly who belongs to which ones.

We know we have a Town Faction
We know we have a monster old one faction.

Unless saf is lying we have a faction consisting of Rishead, Ghostly and player X with perhaps more.

We have the Captive faction, who claim they are survivors and can inhabit players for their abilities.

We have the third party "normal human" faction

I understand why people are voting for Kanin. It is how he worded his comment about worshiping. i would be curious to hear his claim. VOTE KANIN

I do however believe it very important to discover who and what ghostly is as it seems they are a group.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:58 pm

@ghost:

a) your skimming is noted. The case on you is primarily driven by safariguy, not by me at all. Nobody followed me onto your wagon.

b) picking on vodean is easy, why not step up to a bigger challenge?

c) I wrote that comment beside your name on day 2. It is now day 3. Also, see point a.

@Rodion: It's now day 3. There are many bigger targets than you now (including 4 or 5 non-players). There is no reason for you to continue to lay low. At this point, it is starting to look scummy, especially since we know your role.

FPed by IB: clearly, you don't understand why people are voting Kanin. Bandwagoning noted.

List of teh scum:

A) Kanin, ghostly, rishaed (by association), Iron Butterfly, LSU
B) lurkers
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Vodean, calm down, with the way you've been acting, I'd prefer you as our test pig.

Before school on my read I was tempted to post Rishaed and post why when I got home but I'm glad I didn't now. I think I've got a better understanding (Don't mind this 100% but if you're interested, check the lists.)

1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi ~ Human
3.spiesr
4.crazymilkshake5
5.Iron Butterfly
7.LSU Tiger Josh
8.ghostly447
9.safariguy5
10.new guy1
11.vodean ~ Human
12.jonty125 ~ Human
13.Nendreel
14.jak111
15.rishaed ~ Human (with unknown wc)
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort
18.Commander9 ~ Survivor (mason)
19.edocsil
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix ~ Survivor (mason)
22. Kanin Usagi
23.strike wolf
24.betiko ~ Human
25.Rodion ~ Human

^ Please change this list to how you see fit, I'm just putting in solid faction/role/etc claims.

Now the BIGGEST puzzling thing I have right now is that there are EIGHT technical survivor/3rd party people on here. With only 24 people left they make up 1/3 of the population. Either we have a small mafia or no mafia at all.

Maybe I play traditional too much but 8 third party is a pretty bad outlook for us because they all could side with the mafia/cult if they chose. Either we have an unbalanced game here (with 6 humans being able to change alignment) or there's a few liars among the group.

However, that will slide for now because we need to know what this is shaping into and what ARE we looking for? For the mason group of survivor mason's are there any other survivor's masoned to you? If so, how many?

Although, right now the BEST thing I can think of is to pressure Ghostly into a claim, his claim will clear/put a death sentence to two others.

So without further ado, Unvote if needed, and Vote Ghostly.

The biggest thing atm that I see is figuring out just how many 3rd party claims we'll be seeing.

Fastposted a few times, and twice by the name in question.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 pm

I am voting Kanin because it has been implied he is not human. Call my vote whatever you wish. I will admit he is not my first choice BUT his claim could be another puzzle piece.

I also concur about Rodion.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Humans
vodean
Sully
yoshi
edoc
betiko

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf
Iron Butterfly (fos'ed)
jak
safariguy
Kanin

Unsure right now:
Swifte

1) You led the case when you said "Got you, vote ghostly". Though Safari may have provided some form of input, and some sort of a case (that I cant very much respond to because I am quite confused on what I am being accused of), You provided the beginning suspision on me, and since you have had a strong say on everything the past days and seem to know quite a bit, your word is not taken lightly in this forum. Therefore any votes on me were a result of you initially throwing suspicion, and therefore, I am not skimming simply knowing where the supposed case started. Your lack of effort is noted.

2) I picked on you too as well as all other humans that are 3rd party that could (or have) aligned themselves with someone, or gotten taken in by the cult (which half of the people know about due to their role pm) that apparently know the most of anyone in this game. Everyone has blindly followed you and the others when any one of them could be lying and be batting for a different team by now, just playing the part of safe little survivor. So actually, I did step up to the bigger challenge of an entire, unsteady, probably soon to crumble, faction which is the 3rd party role aligners. Your lack of effort is once again noted in the attempt to digest my big post.

3) Though it was posted on day 2, you did not put it into quotes making for an easily mistakened thought that you may have done some minor revising to it before you resposted it for no apparent reason. Or you know, you could just read the bottom of the list where it says, and I do once again quote "Updated list posted. Nendreel is correct, jonty. PCM, I never had you under the human category, but I could tell you were playing reservedly, which is what made me unsure.". So:

a) If it is updated, then why try to say it was posted day 2, then not post it as a quote, then try to blame me for thinking you would actually revise it before randomly posting it again

b) If it isnt updated, then why post it in the first place with no new data on there where it clearly says you are not sure of my alignment?

I dont know Doom. You tell me. You seemed to be sure when voting for me at first, but now you just seem to not want to put too much effort into proving my guilt that you so strongly think is present. Why else would you post just a couple words before voting?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:16 pm

edocsil wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

Yup. Vodean put his foot in his mouth again.

Quite right. Simply put I have don't have enough incentive to give out X. Which is going to hurt me no matter what.
Scenario A: Ghostly is found to be scum/cult I give X out. I lose.
Scenario B: Ghostly is found to be 3rd party- I give X out before ghostly is found out. Scum kills X, for all i know I lose.
Scenario C: Ghostly is found to be town PR - this would prove I am town, however depending on the PR I will/will not give X out. Why? IF ghostly is a town PR that is strong, then I know that X is town, but do not want to paint a crosshair on him. Why because I don't know how strong a PR he is.
Scenario D: Ghostly claims. Depending on the claim then that could mean a few things, and will tell me more about my win condition.
Simply put, there are too many scenarios that are not in my favor. Which is also why anyone else will only use this if 1 of 2 things happen.
A. End of Game with small amount of people.
B. If they think they will get A. Lynched or B. NK'D
FP'D by so many others. . .Not even sure this post is worth anything now but here goes
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:17 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:@ghost:

a) your skimming is noted. The case on you is primarily driven by safariguy, not by me at all. Nobody followed me onto your wagon.

b) picking on vodean is easy, why not step up to a bigger challenge?

c) I wrote that comment beside your name on day 2. It is now day 3. Also, see point a.

@Rodion: It's now day 3. There are many bigger targets than you now (including 4 or 5 non-players). There is no reason for you to continue to lay low. At this point, it is starting to look scummy, especially since we know your role.

FPed by IB: clearly, you don't understand why people are voting Kanin. Bandwagoning noted.

List of teh scum:

A) Kanin, ghostly, rishaed (by association), Iron Butterfly, LSU
B) lurkers

If you think I am scum then bring a case.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby pancakemix on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:17 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Rishaed is not a captive mind, I can say that much.

Lovo isn't anymore either. Those who are now can tell you themselves.

I also learned Com9's WC, which I will reveal if requested.

By captive mind, do you mean insane or vote quality?

I am going to assume you are human.

I was referring to this. And I always play reservedly. Well, mostly anyways. :P

Jak: I'm not masoned with Com9. I'm just being held captive

Oh shit fastposting. I'll read this when I actually have a moment.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:19 pm

jak111 wrote:Vodean, calm down, with the way you've been acting, I'd prefer you as our test pig.

Before school on my read I was tempted to post Rishaed and post why when I got home but I'm glad I didn't now. I think I've got a better understanding (Don't mind this 100% but if you're interested, check the lists.)

1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi ~ Human
3.spiesr
4.crazymilkshake5
5.Iron Butterfly
7.LSU Tiger Josh
8.ghostly447
9.safariguy5
10.new guy1
11.vodean ~ Human
12.jonty125 ~ Human
13.Nendreel
14.jak111
15.rishaed ~ Human (with unknown wc)
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort
18.Commander9 ~ Survivor (mason)
19.edocsil
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix ~ Survivor (mason)
22. Kanin Usagi
23.strike wolf
24.betiko ~ Human
25.Rodion ~ Human

^ Please change this list to how you see fit, I'm just putting in solid faction/role/etc claims.

Now the BIGGEST puzzling thing I have right now is that there are EIGHT technical survivor/3rd party people on here. With only 24 people left they make up 1/3 of the population. Either we have a small mafia or no mafia at all.

Maybe I play traditional too much but 8 third party is a pretty bad outlook for us because they all could side with the mafia/cult if they chose. Either we have an unbalanced game here (with 6 humans being able to change alignment) or there's a few liars among the group.

However, that will slide for now because we need to know what this is shaping into and what ARE we looking for? For the mason group of survivor mason's are there any other survivor's masoned to you? If so, how many?

Although, right now the BEST thing I can think of is to pressure Ghostly into a claim, his claim will clear/put a death sentence to two others.

So without further ado, Unvote if needed, and Vote Ghostly.

The biggest thing atm that I see is figuring out just how many 3rd party claims we'll be seeing.

Fastposted a few times, and twice by the name in question.

Your voting me...With no apparent case...For no apparent reason...Just because others are trying to choke a claim out of me. They apparently dont have any reason to suspect me, they just want a claim. Lets all just mass claim and have a fun game pickign out the liars why dont we? Or maybe we can blindly follow the THIRD FUCKING PARTY SURVIVORS THAT YOU ARE NOW QUESTIONING. Its kind of pissing me off. How are you going to question the third parties as whether or not they are actually third party and then blindly follow them? Is this some sort of a joke or something?

FPed twice...
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 pm

BTW can we get a prod/replace on swiftie and CMS5
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives