Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:12 am

vodean wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Well I wanted him to claim further because I feel if someone softclaims, then they just paint a crosshair on themselves, and doc may not save them if they don't know who they are and therefore why to protect them.

So what did he softclaim? Remember you just said that he didn't softclaim a protective role.

human, but not like the rest of us. we feel that he needs to elaborate on that statement

I don't think he does, and I have good reason not to doubt him.

And no, he didn't softclaim that. He just claimed it outright.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 am

But he didn't give his role.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

vodean wrote:if you want the respect of your army (there are an army of humans) then you have to tell them who you are. give us something so we know we can trust you. i feel like the words of 5+ people is enough to confirm that.
This sentiment is correct, but I think I needs to be applied in the other direction. If you want the town to trust you one of the humans, it doesn't matter which, needs to provide the most complete and clear explanation of every detail of you alignment switching mechanic that you are physically allowed to give, as well as to divulge any other secrets you guys might be hiding.
vodean wrote:human, but not like the rest of us. we feel that he needs to elaborate on that statement
Please provide the exact quote where he said this. Thank You.

The best I could find is this post we he claims to definitely not have Human as his role.
Nendreel wrote:Short of a full claim, I don't think I can tell you much more, but you may wish to recall how our Day began. Like Doom, Betiko and soundman I am (h)uman, but unlike Doom and Betiko I am not (H)uman.

Will that suffice for an explanation?
What I believe he is saying here, and which you seem to fail at understanding, is that is character is a member of the human species, but that his role is something other than Human.

Anyhow with the deadline looming I will Unvote Vote LSU. I disagree with DoomYoshi's "case" on him.
show
However given the current time and vote placement he is the only person other than Vodean with a reasonable chance of having the most votes at the end of the day. I feel the the blatant shot in the dark that lynching LSU would be is a marginally better option than Vodean. Sorry LSU, you didn't do anything wrong yourself, but the town has botched this day badly enough that trying to kill a random unknown is the best possible outcome at this point.
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:36 pm

edocsil wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I have to agree. It all seems a little too fishy for me. There are several things we can obtain on a lynch on vode. Firstly, we will be able to learn his alignment. Second, we will better understand those trying to align with him. Third, it will be clearer what the meaning of the manner of posts have been on him. Seems like more up sides than down sides. Down sides of course are that firstly he may actually be town. Secondly, he may have some power that town needs later in the game, Thirdly, those who have been aligning with him may simply have misread the situation. At any rate ... and for better or worse ... unvote vote Vode

Just leave if you don't want to read. I'm not even kidding. If you had actually read the last 3 pages there is no way you could come to that conclusion.

Edoc, you make me laugh! You criticise me for voting for the same person that you, jonty, iron, jak and saf voted and go my jugular because iron unvoted vode 9 minutes before I posted? You are funny! Anyway, one hour 20 minutes later Vode finally pops in and gives the information we have been seeking. Maybe you missed that, edoc?

Anyway, currently the question has been posed to Nendreel to elaborate. I was on him before until I got side-tracked with Vode, so I can only agree that's where we need info from.

@ Spiesr ... are you serious on LSU or is that Wifom?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh, and unvote.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm

vodean wrote:when the hammer fell, the universe collapsed into anarchy.

i am third party. every human can confirm this. FOS IB and Hippo. if you want the respect of your army (there are an army of humans) then you have to tell them who you are. give us something so we know we can trust you. i feel like the words of 5+ people is enough to confirm that.

Well I'm human and I'm most definitely town given my WC and none of my JOAT powers tell me that I can have any one-shot switches. Therefore, I think you're still most likely cult or there's something you aren't telling us or you're lying about being human.

I didn't skim, I just don't buy your claim.
Captain safariguy5

Postby vodean on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:32 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
vodean wrote:when the hammer fell, the universe collapsed into anarchy.

i am third party. every human can confirm this. FOS IB and Hippo. if you want the respect of your army (there are an army of humans) then you have to tell them who you are. give us something so we know we can trust you. i feel like the words of 5+ people is enough to confirm that.

Well I'm human and I'm most definitely town given my WC and none of my JOAT powers tell me that I can have any one-shot switches. Therefore, I think you're still most likely cult or there's something you aren't telling us or you're lying about being human.

ere the twilight came the dawn.

well, me and the other humans all agree. maybe you are like nendreel. if so, and you are town, then thats fine, but we need to figure this out.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
edocsil wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I have to agree. It all seems a little too fishy for me. There are several things we can obtain on a lynch on vode. Firstly, we will be able to learn his alignment. Second, we will better understand those trying to align with him. Third, it will be clearer what the meaning of the manner of posts have been on him. Seems like more up sides than down sides. Down sides of course are that firstly he may actually be town. Secondly, he may have some power that town needs later in the game, Thirdly, those who have been aligning with him may simply have misread the situation. At any rate ... and for better or worse ... unvote vote Vode

Just leave if you don't want to read. I'm not even kidding. If you had actually read the last 3 pages there is no way you could come to that conclusion.

Edoc, you make me laugh! You criticise me for voting for the same person that you, jonty, iron, jak and saf voted and go my jugular because iron unvoted vode 9 minutes before I posted? You are funny! Anyway, one hour 20 minutes later Vode finally pops in and gives the information we have been seeking. Maybe you missed that, edoc?

Anyway, currently the question has been posed to Nendreel to elaborate. I was on him before until I got side-tracked with Vode, so I can only agree that's where we need info from.

@ Spiesr ... are you serious on LSU or is that Wifom?

Yes, and I bitched out Saf too. I could respect the vote, if it was based off the fact that he is obviously insane. However it is beyond deluded to think several things.

He was (or is) a third party survivor.
We were all told we were "normal humans", that's where our vanilla claims come in.
We all have some joat like powers. Using them may cost us our sanity.
We can choose who we win with. Pretty much the same as a regular survivors, but we can actively change our WC to match another players. Not sure why its really any different from a regular Survivor.

So yes, that's why I was a dick, your reasoning for your vote was beyond subpar.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jak111 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:04 pm

vodean wrote:well, me and the other humans all agree. maybe you are like nendreel. if so, and you are town, then thats fine, but we need to figure this out.

Right now, my method of figuring this out is finding out what you are upon death Vodean. Some claim town humans and others claim third party humans. I wish to see for my own eyes what we are dealing with, not something that for all we know is made up by a few people (or maybe it's not made up but a few people are COPYING the claim to get by in hopes that they believe them).

I have trouble thinking that there are this many human "VTs" with "JoaT" powers AND "Changeable factions". I'm sorry, but until I see it upon one death with my own eyes, I call complete bullshit.

I'm thinking one, maybe two max of those claims may be legit, but not as many as there has been. I believe there are mafia hiding among those claims.

Your chanting was odd to Jonty who claims the same role. Either you are both given two different things to recite, you did different actions to recite different things, or you or Jonty are trying to pull a fast one.

Anyone else wish to say that they don't think at least one of these claims are fake if not a few of them are?

Doom, among these claims, you're the one I trust most with your leading a lynch on a third party Day one. Besides human, is there any name to your claim? Without quoting it, does it mention other humans exactly like you? Are there any hints to what will happen with each role used, or what happens to you if you change factions and the percentages of each faction?
The biggest thing I want to know is that are there any hints to people like you? It sounds like a cult worshipping someone when it's a group, or it could be a single crazy person worshipping them which would add to the flavour of third party.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:23 pm

2 things:

1. I think its time to know exactly how all these humans/Humans know each other to be their same role, whether it be through their PM or something of that sort, IDK.

2. I think Vodean is trying to pull a fake claim, and I believe this because he has not recited a line in every one of his posts. Surely, if they were required to recite a line per post (such as Jonty) there would be some penalty to those who didnt. Since he hasnt been punished, Vote Vodean on the thought of him trying to fake claim. And if he doesnt flip what he claimed, then I believe those who sided with him have some explaining to do (for example, those who have said "I got the same role as him").
Cadet ghostly447

Postby vodean on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:30 pm

as the dawn completed the dusk ended. it was a new day in the night. trouble drew near.

ok, jak, you have dragged this out enough. you cant accuse 5 people (except one who is mysteriously cleared using the same logic) of being scum. each of us has claimed info about the human's roles, and we are all confirmed, except saf and nendreel who are not "normal humans". vote jak
Sergeant vodean

Postby Nendreel on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 am

vote vodean

I've spent a bit of this morning googling most of those poem lines vodean has been posting and nothing has been popping up related to Lovecraft (in fact since this thread was the only hit on a few, it seems we got a few vodean originals here).

So, at this point I believe that vodean is faking insanity.

First, jonty who is also insane had to post a poem from Polaris. Vodean on the other hand seems to be making it up.

Second, vodean has missed posting his line way to many times that he should have been modkilled for breaking a Post Restriction. That he hasn't been killed means he might not have a Post Restriction.

Finally, his attempt(?) at reviving soundman. I can't really see how Humans (role) would have this ability, especially as a Day ability. If Humans don't have this ability why try it?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm

@jak:

No, just human. No, it doesn't explicitly state other humans but I figured out the rest in broad view of everyone on day 1.

If you lynch vodean, you will kill a townie. That is semi-guaranteed.

So, jonty, why is it that you want his (nendreel's) role?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 pm

FOS Jonty for rolefishing on Nendreel. He doesn't have any reason to claim for you. Your only case is that he's not the same type of human that you are. Guess what your type of human isn't even town. If we go by that we might as well mass claim and have everyone who's not the exact same type of human you are to role claim.

Secondly, Vote vodean. I would rather lynch someone who is semi-confirmed third party with a possible alignment shift than lynch LSU whom I don't see any case on at all. It also seems that vodean was in favor of a mass claim from everyone earlier and as with Jonty's case on Nendreel, I find that scummy.

I do disagree with nendreel on at least the post restriction issue. Ignoring a post restriction isn't really mod killable in my eyes. If a player repeatedly forgets to use their post restriction in posts than the mod would probably remind that player by PM (or a general message in game to all people with PRs to use them) before even considering using harsher punishments. This is of course negotiable based on how strict the mod is being with PRs (and possible effect on the game) but it hardly seems practical to mod kill a player for forgetting their PR without some form of warning first.

The making it up issue for Vodean is interesting though I am unconvinced it points to guilt.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Commander9 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Commander9 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Nendreel has done nothing scummy, and has dropped serious doc hints. Jonty pushing at him is therefore either lazy, or scummy. Either way he deserves a vote at this point. I already elaborated my LSU case, but I can clarify any points you have.

I was more curious about LSU case - didn't seem like you had anything else but a few fairly weak points and some wifom, so I would just like to learn about your thoughts there.

safariguy5 wrote:The fact that vodean says he can switch alignment troubles me. I'm pretty sure the other people claiming JOAT like human powers haven't said they can do that, and again, I feel like vodean claiming there are multiple 3rd party human roles is either a bluff or a weak cover for cult.

Feels nice to be ignored.

vodean wrote:what is your point in saying all of this. you say that there is something in a case, but not much, and then say that there is someone we could lynch but not who or why

I believe you misread (either intentionally or not) - I didn't saw the case there: that's why I wanted him to elaborate as I thought that most of his points were not valid. I also feel that it was fairly obvious to whom I was referring. (Notice who kind of attracted A LOT of attention in the last page)

safariguy5 wrote:Well I'm human and I'm most definitely town given my WC and none of my JOAT powers tell me that I can have any one-shot switches. Therefore, I think you're still most likely cult or there's something you aren't telling us or you're lying about being human.

Would that also mean that you're discrediting others who pretty much confirmed most of what he said?
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Commander9 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 pm

EBWOP

Commander9 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Nendreel has done nothing scummy, and has dropped serious doc hints. Jonty pushing at him is therefore either lazy, or scummy. Either way he deserves a vote at this point. I already elaborated my LSU case, but I can clarify any points you have.

I was more curious about LSU case - didn't seem like you had anything else but a few fairly weak points and some wifom, so I would just like to learn about your thoughts there.

safariguy5 wrote:The fact that vodean says he can switch alignment troubles me. I'm pretty sure the other people claiming JOAT like human powers haven't said they can do that, and again, I feel like vodean claiming there are multiple 3rd party human roles is either a bluff or a weak cover for cult.

Feels nice to be ignored.

vodean wrote:what is your point in saying all of this. you say that there is something in a case, but not much, and then say that there is someone we could lynch but not who or why

I believe you misread (either intentionally or not) - I didn't saw the case there: that's why I wanted him to elaborate as I thought that most of his points were not valid. I also feel that it was fairly obvious to whom I was referring. (Notice who kind of attracted A LOT of attention in the last page)

safariguy5 wrote:Well I'm human and I'm most definitely town given my WC and none of my JOAT powers tell me that I can have any one-shot switches. Therefore, I think you're still most likely cult or there's something you aren't telling us or you're lying about being human.

Would that also mean that you're discrediting others who pretty much confirmed most of what he said?
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Uh, sorry comm9.

I am not sure what else I can see about LSU. He has only made 3 conclusions all game, and none of them have been valid. He hasn't defended those conclusions in any way. Or posted since I voted him.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nendreel on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm

strike wolf wrote: I do disagree with nendreel on at least the post restriction issue. Ignoring a post restriction isn't really mod killable in my eyes. If a player repeatedly forgets to use their post restriction in posts than the mod would probably remind that player by PM (or a general message in game to all people with PRs to use them) before even considering using harsher punishments. This is of course negotiable based on how strict the mod is being with PRs (and possible effect on the game) but it hardly seems practical to mod kill a player for forgetting their PR without some form of warning first.

My thinking is that considering there has been extra emphasis on not Night posting and After-death posting that some of the rules are going to be enforced a bit more than usual. Also, considering that insanity seems to be a major mechanic in this game that would be one of the rules the mods would want enforced.

I suppose you could be right, I may be judging this a bit harshly, but given the other factors I mentioned this makes vodean too inconsistent for my tastes.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby vodean on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm

for the beings to be intelligent, something had to be unintelligent.

strike wolf wrote:FOS Jonty for rolefishing on Nendreel. He doesn't have any reason to claim for you. Your only case is that he's not the same type of human that you are. Guess what your type of human isn't even town. If we go by that we might as well mass claim and have everyone who's not the exact same type of human you are to role claim.

Secondly, Vote vodean. I would rather lynch someone who is semi-confirmed third party with a possible alignment shift than lynch LSU whom I don't see any case on at all. It also seems that vodean was in favor of a mass claim from everyone earlier and as with Jonty's case on Nendreel, I find that scummy.

I do disagree with nendreel on at least the post restriction issue. Ignoring a post restriction isn't really mod killable in my eyes. If a player repeatedly forgets to use their post restriction in posts than the mod would probably remind that player by PM (or a general message in game to all people with PRs to use them) before even considering using harsher punishments. This is of course negotiable based on how strict the mod is being with PRs (and possible effect on the game) but it hardly seems practical to mod kill a player for forgetting their PR without some form of warning first.

The making it up issue for Vodean is interesting though I am unconvinced it points to guilt.

jonty, as far as i know CHOSE to recite that poem. i was given one chant as an example of something i could chant, so after i used it a few times i changed it to a made up line that has some bearing on the current game situation/the game in general. you dont know that i havent been punished, or that i wont be. all that you know is that it has had no impact on the game. or else my PR is much more complex.
if you lynch me you might as well lynch ALL the humans. you guys are being fucking retarded. i am clearly not scum, and have given town more info than just about anyone else about the humans. also, i have no alignment shift. i would know about it if my alignment shifted.
as for the first line of this quote, then that already happened. you interrogated the humans until we were forced to claim almost everything about us.
Sergeant vodean

Postby / on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 pm

The Vote count, and deadline extension

Vodean: 7 votes: edoc, jonty, jak111, safari, ghostly447, Nendreel, strike wolf
LSU: 3 votes: Kanin Usagi, new guy1, spiesr
spiesr: 1 vote : betiko
jonty: 1 vote : DoomYoshi,
Jak: 1 vote: vodean

11 to lynch, deadline extended by request to Friday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 pm

I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm

strike wolf wrote:I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.

I would also like to point out that vodean is saying "lynch all humans". I assume he means "lynch all humans like me" AKA the ones that are allegedly third party. Since some of us humans are most definitely town and not third party in any way, shape, or form, there is a clear distinction between these two human groups. I will also say that I am unaware of who the other town humans are unlike vodean who apparently is masoned to all of his buddies.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:38 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

I would also like to point out that vodean is saying "lynch all humans". I assume he means "lynch all humans like me" AKA the ones that are allegedly third party. Since some of us humans are most definitely town and not third party in any way, shape, or form, there is a clear distinction between these two human groups. I will also say that I am unaware of who the other town humans are unlike vodean who apparently is masoned to all of his buddies.

We're not masoned.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

We're not masoned.

Perhaps you aren't, but if there's a cult in the works there's a chance he is.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby vodean on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 pm

if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.

I am masoned to no one.

when the sun sank hope disappeared
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives