Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Six

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:14 pm

spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I think we've got bigger fish to fry than ex-culties. I'm not sure if I want to pursue a lynch on hippo.
So what do you want to do then?
Well I'm not sure
betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Jonty, are you not always the prince of arya?
Nope just D5. Then I saw another city, back in D2 or D3 and I wrote a wonderful little ditty.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Yea, jak doesn't set up crazy WIFOM positions. Rodion and I are the ones who do that.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:and what do you think of my theory, zombie rodion being the 4th cultie still unreveiled spiesr? I think that jak being cornered probably changed his strategy and made his safest recruit look like his worse enemy.
I think at this point we can conclude that the cult only made 3 successful recruitments. This raises the question assuming Vodean is/was cult aligned was he recruited or did he simply worship them? Yoshi and Jak gave conflicting answers to this. At the the moment I am not sure we have anyway to confirm either possibility. So, I guess what I am saying is that I don't know if there even is an unrevealed cultist remaining.
As for Rodion, I don't see it as being very likely. From my perspective it seems as if Rodion hadn't acted as he did that Jak had a decent shot of living at least one more day. I don't see the value in that situation of pushing Jak into a nonrecoverable position just to hide one presumably less valuable member.

If you were jak, would you rather try to recruit rodion or vodean in your first choices? do you think it's unlikely that vodean has already used his worship ability? If Jak told the truth, they were 5 and he successfully recruited 3, this means the 5th would be a lonely worshipper (IMO vodean). But there is no way we know what is true and what is not at this point. This is really a question for later anyways. But it's true that rodion was one of the guys who was the most vindictive towards jak, I just think it is possible backup plan. God this game just makes people so paranoid! :lol:

fastposted.

crap jonty, so I don't understand your stuff anymore. You first were the character of polaris:
http://hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/p.asp

As it happened a long time ago in the game I thought the prince of arya was the character from this novel (polaris) during his dreams and that it was the name of that city, but I'm totally wrong. Also nothing shows up in wiki about this character. any link to back up this lovecraftian character?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm

betiko wrote:crap jonty, so I don't understand your stuff anymore. You first were the character of polaris:

As it happened a long time ago in the game I thought the prince of arya was the character from this novel (polaris) during his dreams and that it was the name of that city, but I'm totally wrong. Also nothing shows up in wiki about this character. any link to back up this lovecraftian character?
I have no idea who I am either, I just occasionally write poems and become a Prince, as my dreams tell me.
Cook jonty125

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm

jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:crap jonty, so I don't understand your stuff anymore. You first were the character of polaris:

I have no idea who I am either, I just occasionally write poems and become a Prince, as my dreams tell me.

So the random sleep effects make you a different person? If you don't mind, could you give us your role's name? Maybe that would have some info for us to draw upon.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Look back to our spat the previous day >.> its basically exactly what I said would happen.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm

rishaed wrote:Look back to our spat the previous day >.> its basically exactly what I said would happen.

yes you did, apologies for that, seemed pretty much invented when you did. so did you really become the prince of arya as well one day? jonty is not the only one?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm

No its a random Sleep action that can happen to any of us that can still sleep. I just didn't roleplay like i should have >.<
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 pm

rishaed wrote:No its a random Sleep action that can happen to any of us that can still sleep. I just didn't roleplay like i should have >.<

To be fair, Jonty did quite a good job with it.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
rishaed wrote:No its a random Sleep action that can happen to any of us that can still sleep. I just didn't roleplay like i should have >.<

what the hell are you guys talking about? do you understand what it was about as well kanin? am I the only one not understanding the whole concept of this sleep action.. just a pr?
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:41 pm

betiko wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:

what the hell are you guys talking about? do you understand what it was about as well kanin? am I the only one not understanding the whole concept of this sleep action.. just a pr?

The sleep actions gave a PR, which is fairly obvious.

The sleep actions not only give positive actions but negative. I traveled in my dreams to the town of Ulthar, tripped over a cat and as a result could not use a night action the next night...IE pray, sleep or use an action.

So I will say Jonty's actions now make sense to some extent.

We are after all all inmates of an asylum lest we forget.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:

QFT
It also why I started to take a slightly riskier route for information. >.> The question still remains, who do we want to go after?

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

rishaed wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:

QFT
It also why I started to take a slightly riskier route for information. >.> The question still remains, who do we want to go after?

Little Witt or chapcrap would be my suggestion. Chapcrap hasn't put much, but at least Little Witt is a confirmed non-human who is not pro-town. Just some thoughts.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Little Witt on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
rishaed wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:

QFT

Little Witt or chapcrap would be my suggestion. Chapcrap hasn't put much, but at least Little Witt is a confirmed non-human who is not pro-town. Just some thoughts.

But I am not anti-town either! I have no conflict whatsoever with the town. You can continue to interrogate me further, and I will continue to give truthful info, and you will find that I am not a threat to town. Go after me fine, but first we need to get chap in here. I continually see him post in the suggs other mafia games and some other forums. He is clearly trying to stay low.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby jonty125 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 am

I'm just a human, sometimes dubbed as a Yoshihuman. I normally go to sleep at night and I find my dreams are sometimes those of information i.e. (N1 - track vodean) or tell me how to act (N4 - You are the Prince of Arya)
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 am

Can we stop saying "town" and "anti-town" please? It's page 100 and this is clearly a faction game. Any "town" is just another faction among the Elder/Outer/Inner/Adolescent Gods, and I'd recommend going back and looking for who pushed hardest for the lynches of the Elder Things. I trust that it would be telling.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:55 am

pancakemix wrote:Can we stop saying "town" and "anti-town" please? It's page 100 and this is clearly a faction game. Any "town" is just another faction among the Elder/Outer/Inner/Adolescent Gods, and I'd recommend going back and looking for who pushed hardest for the lynches of the Elder Things. I trust that it would be telling.

And what have you found? Why would you wait for someone to follow your own suggestion?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby pancakemix on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Can we stop saying "town" and "anti-town" please? It's page 100 and this is clearly a faction game. Any "town" is just another faction among the Elder/Outer/Inner/Adolescent Gods, and I'd recommend going back and looking for who pushed hardest for the lynches of the Elder Things. I trust that it would be telling.

And what have you found? Why would you wait for someone to follow your own suggestion?

I've completed my WC. Who you lynch is of no consequence to me. On a more practical note, I also have projects that need a-doin'.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 am

pancakemix wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

I've completed my WC. Who you lynch is of no consequence to me. On a more practical note, I also have projects that need a-doin'.

vote pcm
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

vote pcm

Honestly Doom? You're pushing so hard for a lynch ANY LYNCH other than yours that its pretty much crazy, unvote VOTE DoomYoshi It makes me think that you didn't revert from a cultie after you were killed.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:12 pm

He said who we lynch is of no consequence. Isn't that asking to be lynched? Why do you care whether or not there is a cult? Why haven't you told us who player X is yet?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:He said who we lynch is of no consequence. Isn't that asking to be lynched? Why do you care whether or not there is a cult? Why haven't you told us who player X is yet?

For real rishaed. You can't expect a player to basically say "I don't care what anyone else does" and remain alive. It would have looked better for him if he had just not posted anything at all.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:He said who we lynch is of no consequence. Isn't that asking to be lynched? Why do you care whether or not there is a cult? Why haven't you told us who player X is yet?
For real rishaed. You can't expect a player to basically say "I don't care what anyone else does" and remain alive. It would have looked better for him if he had just not posted anything at all.
I do agree that the attitude that Pancakemix and to a different extent edocsil have adopted sucks. And if they turn out to be telling the truth then we ultimate have s slightly broken game mechanic.
That said, by simply placing a vote on Pancakemix without providing any reason beyond that quoted post DoomYoshi was effectively advocating lynching a player who is not a threat at a point in time when there are plenty of potential threats to choose from. Now, If DoomYoshi believes that Pancakemix and his zombie army pose a threat (to either my win condition or his) he is more than welcome to vote for that reason. In order to do so though, he has to state that he believes so and offer arguments to convince others on the matter.
Lynching players for apathy is okay sometimes, but right now we have plenty of valid targets and simply need to choose the one we think is most dangerous. I am of the opinion that gods seeking the Necronomicon and potential lingering cultist are more dangerous than apathy today.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nendreel on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 pm

spiesr wrote:I am of the opinion that gods seeking the Necronomicon and potential lingering cultist are more dangerous than apathy today.

Also at least one person remaining has a killing ability/faction since somebody wanted to eliminate Rodion pretty badly.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Little Witt on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:44 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

vote pcm

Honestly Doom? You're pushing so hard for a lynch ANY LYNCH other than yours that its pretty much crazy, unvote VOTE DoomYoshi It makes me think that you didn't revert from a cultie after you were killed.

I just remembered reading something about H P's story on a crazy doctor and his partner. And Nend or pcm would be the doctor and the other his partner. They would take the bodies and bring them back to life as nend and pcm have done. But later on in the story, the partner discovered that the crazy doctor would sometimes kill people then resurrect them right after with the new formula. Every time I can think of fail, all except the last one. Anyway, the doctor loses track of his zombies, who are now trying to kill him to get revenge. I want to know if rod or doom's new WC (if it changed at all) is to kill their resurrecter so that they would so to speak get revenge, even though here the doctor saved their life. That's just my thoughts on the problem here. And I think, if what I posted is correct, doom is trying to lynch nendreel or pcm hoping that doom kills the doctor. This needs more talking about.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives