[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 am

I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

Vote Jonty for being a Stoke City fan.
Sergeant 1st Class elonpuckhog
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (21) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm an American, and I have never heard of H P Lovecroft.
Sergeant 1st Class elonpuckhog
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (21) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Rodion on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?


I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Rodion
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?

It's not like he's huge in American culture or anything. But if you have ever read a horror novel or watched a scifi horror movie, then I can almost guarantee that it was in one form or another influenced by Lovecraft's works.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Honestly i Wiki'd him but don't know all that much about him. unvote voterodian because hes not giving his normal headache giving wall of text theories. . . :lol: Two Sides A is about the only archived game that i've skimmed after beginning to read it. :-$
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Rodion wrote:
betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?


I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


Part of the lore of Lovecraft is the irrelevance of humanity and I remember Call of Cthulla from my college days. If done right It would make a good mafia game.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:54 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I'm an American, and I have never heard of H P Lovecroft.

+1
highscore
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant crazymilkshake5
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 pm
Location: Not Here.
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Since this game is an official game, it has been balance checked by experienced mods. Therefore, I'm pretty sure we won't have balance issues.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:17 pm

betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


unvote, vote ghostly for a scummy overagressive response.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Confirm
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby new guy1 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Alright. As a side point, Doom must have a PR or just really likes screwing with us. On the main note, I think ghostly's reaction was an overreaction as well, but he might have misread it as a serious vote or something like that. Ill think about voting him, but for now just FOS.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login