[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

betiko wrote:... are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?

unvote followed by a pouring of abject scorn and disappointment at Betico for not even caring that I am not from America!! Tsk Tsk

HP Lovecraft wrote:I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.


Alright, for those of you pretending not to know anything about HP ... may the waters dry up, the skys close in and those nearest you depart in fear. What you lot on about? Hmmm? He's only the most influential horror/fantasy writer to ever walk the earth (some say greater that Poe!). There are some excellent graphic novels out there if you need to bone up, including the likes of this and this. Lovecraft himself was the son of a seer who found the keys to Arkham through an original copy of the Necronomicon. As a boy Lovecraft was read to by his uncle a lot (after his dad went into the looney bin), particularly Poe. But finding the Necronomicon and having the gift, Lovecraft descended into a world of his own and himself found the door to Arkham and through the rituals in the Necronomicon saved the world many times from the infiltration of the old ones. Throughout his life, Lovegrove wrote for a publication called Weird Tales. Some say it was fantasy some say it was enlightened commentary on his exploits in saving the world. He found love and the voices went away and he himself moved to New York (some say that love can cure Schizophrenia). But after two years they came back and he left his wife - returning to write his stories until ultimately he too ended up in the looney bin (as did his mother). All-in-all a tragic tale of woe but the stories he wrote are chilling and moving and inspired a genre. There was no-one quite like him! His stories have influenced many and some say that they are true. There is certainly something about the parrallels that can be drawn between the depth of the mythos and any primitive cultural stories around the world (including the old Maori stories in New Zealand which date back many centuries - indeed they are so old they go to the mists of time). Along the way, Lovecraft developed many creatures, concepts and ideas which if not real - they certainly are gripping!! Enjoy ...

NB: multiple fastposts
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I just realized Edoscil is playing and is an Old One :roll: If we saw him we would probably lose our sanity.

VOTE EDOCSIL
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby jak111 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 pm

For now I'm going to Vote Rishaed, all new players to me shall feel my wrath!

Short Day One though, so ^ Shall be my only joke vote.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"
User avatar
Captain jak111
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: At your deathbed.
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Sure you wont just quit jak...you know bust school life and all...I heard high school was difficult :roll:
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 pm

betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.


in what way can jonty's post be taken seriously? specially on the first posts of the vote stage..
the fact that the prison in batman's universe and the city in this game have the same name is a pure coincidence and irrelevant, even if they were related why would the mod from another game know more than others because of that? I didn' think i'd have to explain it..
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm

@ ghostly ... I think the word pathetic should be used sparingly.
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm

But I do know more....
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 pm

lord voldemort wrote:But I do know more....


please share!! :D
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 pm

betiko wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:But I do know more....


please share!! :D

Noh!
highscore
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant crazymilkshake5
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 pm
Location: Not Here.
Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm

betiko wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:But I do know more....


please share!! :D

QFT
FOS CM5 Why wouldn't you want him to share? ;) Unless you two are scum buddies :P
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 am

rishaed wrote:
betiko wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:But I do know more....


please share!! :D

QFT
FOS CM5 Why wouldn't you want him to share? ;) Unless you two are scum buddies :P

FOS CM5 for having a buddy.






=(
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 am

rishaed wrote:
betiko wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:But I do know more....
please share!! :D
QFT
FOS CM5 Why wouldn't you want him to share? ;) Unless you two are scum buddies :P
My knowledge of Lovecraft's is mostly limited to general themes rather than any specific details, but I do believe that this universe contains certain truths which are best not to know.
pancakemix wrote:
spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?
Presumably, mind-destroying aliens who are worshiped as gods by cultists the world over.
I was more asking how this manifests in gameplay.
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:31 am

pancakemix wrote:
spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?
Presumably, mind-destroying aliens who are worshiped as gods by cultists the world over.
I was more asking how this manifests in gameplay.[/quote]
Well, we can safely presume that there are some very powerful roles in this game. However, we know its balanced by a team of professional balancers (or something) so this probably means that the powerful roles have one or two GLARING weaknesses. We can also (fairly safely) assume there is at least one 3rd Party, as boiling the entire Lovecraftian-verse down to "good" vs "evil" seems rather difficult, as well as being completely against Lovecraft's original intent himself (he believed that there was no good and evil; rather, the other beings of our universe are so completely different from humans that there is not way we could understand their moral guidelines and goals - rather a case of Blue and Orange morality, if you're familiar with that term). So, more than two groups of people, perhaps even four or five.

Just some things to think about. Its too damn late for me to do anything more until tomorrow.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby soundman on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 am

Vote Rodion! He's always scum. ;)

I also know nothing about Lovecraft. I read the wiki page on him but that was it.
User avatar
Captain soundman
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Location: Washington
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login