Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:We need 14 votes for a lynch.

Several people have either not posted or have posted minimally. This is a big game and i am sure people will fall through the cracks. I suggest we put pressure on those inactive/submarining.

We could also follow Spiesr's line to get the most people involved.

I just realized somthing.

perhaps / has made an error but with 26 people playing why would we only need 12 to lynch? I always thought it should be half plus 1?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Roles Going Out

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I just realized somthing.

perhaps / has made an error but with 26 people playing why would we only need 12 to lynch? I always thought it should be half plus 1?
I don't think it is a mistake.
/ wrote:With 26 alive, it takes 12 to lynch, this is not a mistake.
Captain spiesr

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Roles Going Out

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
I just realized somthing.

I believe your thoughts are answered by this:
/ wrote:With 26 alive, it takes 12 to lynch, this is not a mistake.
Deadline is in one week, The 17th
Day One begins.

Several people have either not posted or have posted minimally. This is a big game and i am sure people will fall through the cracks. I suggest we put pressure on those inactive/submarining.

Also, in the rules post, it says that unless we declare a no lynch vote, then:
/ wrote:9. Deadline is 7 days from the begining of the day, if the deadline is reached without a lynch or "no lynch" in place, there is a 50% chance of either the person with the highest number of votes dying, or the day ending with no death. Reasonable extension is available upon request.
So we need to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL about pressuring inactives with votes.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 am

well unvote vote victor sullivan. i didn't even know he was in the game (one of the few who didn't even confirm), so many people are slacking here. What i hate is that people would come in ad defend themselves could get lynched and inactive just need to stay inactive. I'm not even sure we have "traditional" mafia, nor cops, docs ect in this game, it seems like it's really a very particular game...
if days are going to have 1week deadlines it's gonna be hard to makea case and lynch anyone given the amount of answers. the questions spiesr came up with are good, but why even bother answering? you'd rather sit an watch, don't take any risk.

let me see where we are now concerning inactives, in bold the ones who confirmed, the bigure after is the number of posts so far:

1.Swifte

2.DoomYoshi2
3.spiesr4
4.crazymilkshake5 3
5.Iron Butterfly 5
6.elonpuckhog 3
7.LSU Tiger Josh 1
8.ghostly447 3
9.safariguy53
10.new guy1 1
11.vodean1
12.jonty125 3
13.Nendreel1
14.jak111 1
15.rishaed 5
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort 4
18.Commander9 1
19.edocsil 2
20.thehippo83
21. pancakemix 1
22. Kanin Usagi6
23. Count Belisle 2
24.betiko10
25.Rodion 1
26.soundman 1

in red completely inactive, in orange submariners. note that players such as doom may have 2 posts but we know the content of every single post so far ;)
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 am

Seriously Skimming Saf? If you missed the first time I addressed this with the reason why here it is again. :roll: My vote there was a joke vote but im going to FOS you for either skimming or just "forgetting" that I wrote this the first time you brought this up.
show
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Nendreel on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 am

unvote
Looks like we're getting down to business now.

1. Do you think this game has a traditional scum faction?
2. Do you think this game has a cult?

I'll answer these backwards, since it'll make my explanation easier.

2. Based on flavour I do believe we're going to see a cult. Cults are featured quite heavily in Lovecraft's writings. IIRC (and admittedly it's been a while since I read Lovecraft) Horror at Red Hook, Shadow of Innsmouth and At the Mountains of Madness had cult-like groups.
Looking back through the posts, I also found this:
rishaed wrote:From my Role PM I am absolutely sure that there is Cult in this game.

1. Depending on what cult can do, we may see a traditional mafia but it's likely to be small.
I went looking again, and found this:
rishaed wrote: Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL

Clearly rishaed knows quite a bit, so I think we should hear from him.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 am

vote no lynch

I am pretty sure everyone has a pretty cool role. Let's let everyone go into night.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:53 am

DoomYoshi wrote:vote no lynch

I am pretty sure everyone has a pretty cool role. Let's let everyone go into night.
Why are you trying to look like a Jester? (No really, I want a real answer.)
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 am

spiesr wrote:

I agree. Perhaps his role requires him to be lynched first for it to be activated.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Swifte on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:58 am

betiko - Sully's not been on CC since Oct 2nd, for whatever that's worth. Just jumped out at me cause someone was noting his absence again in Live Chat the other day.

Personally this is my second game and I still don't really get the whole joke vote thing. I will say though, that if we could just ignore the game for a few days and have hippo read aloud to us some HP Lovecraft I think it could be just as fun! :lol: =D>

One thing I observed so far...
spiesr wrote:3. What do you make of these rule details:
/ wrote:5. Once I post your death scene, you may not speak in the thread at all unless I say otherwise, goodbye messages are not allowed at all in this game for certain reasons.
7. Night talk is not permitted at all in this game for certain reasons

Taking a closer looki at /'s original post...
/ wrote:Should you be unlucky enough to witness certain events, your own mind may quickly deteriorate into psychotic new roles, you may even die, but don't count on it being the end, "even death may die", says the Necronomicon, and with madmen abound searching morgues in the pursuit of science, you should believe it.

Sounds like there is potential for either dead coming back to life, or perhaps role(s) that can communicate with the dead from beyond the grave? Not sure how that would relate to the rule about night talk, but at least might give an indication why the rule about communication from the dead exists.
Colonel Swifte

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 pm

spiesr wrote:

Do you think you could muster support on a lynch for me? I don't think you can, ergo, I'm not jestering.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Um... Can you remind me how much time exactly has been spent so far in this game? Don't you think it's a bit too early for pressuring those who have not been that active? Or are you just trying to find someone to focus on for the lynch?

@ Betiko - you too? You do realize that the game started in the mid week and some of us *Surprise* *shock* actually had midterms and weren't able to post that much in the joke stage? :o
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Nendreel wrote:unvote
Looks like we're getting down to business now.

I'll answer these backwards, since it'll make my explanation easier.

2. Based on flavour I do believe we're going to see a cult. Cults are featured quite heavily in Lovecraft's writings. IIRC (and admittedly it's been a while since I read Lovecraft) Horror at Red Hook, Shadow of Innsmouth and At the Mountains of Madness had cult-like groups.
Looking back through the posts, I also found this:
rishaed wrote:From my Role PM I am absolutely sure that there is Cult in this game.

1. Depending on what cult can do, we may see a traditional mafia but it's likely to be small.
I went looking again, and found this:
rishaed wrote: Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL

Clearly rishaed knows quite a bit, so I think we should hear from him.

Honestly I just hit the Jackpot with general information that I got in my Role PM that / sent me. All it took was just a bit of piecing together to get my answers. I really don't have much more that I am willing to give out right now, seeing as I am not exactly sure whats going to happen tonight.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Commander9 wrote:

Um... Can you remind me how much time exactly has been spent so far in this game? Don't you think it's a bit too early for pressuring those who have not been that active? Or are you just trying to find someone to focus on for the lynch?

@ Betiko - you too? You do realize that the game started in the mid week and some of us *Surprise* *shock* actually had midterms and weren't able to post that much in the joke stage? :o

uHMMM Perhaps we should wait until the last minute then? So far there is a core group of people out of 26 actively contributing...some have made an appearance but have offered nothing. I'm usually pretty good at leaving folks alone and letting them hang back as they would be on my radar. This game seems to be a bit different in several ways...one being its size and the ability to lay low.

Just sayin

Uhmm invest in a watch if you have time trouble.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Commander9 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:uHMMM Perhaps we should wait until the last minute then? So far there is a core group of people out of 26 actively contributing...some have made an appearance but have offered nothing. I'm usually pretty good at leaving folks alone and letting them hang back as they would be on my radar. This game seems to be a bit different in several ways...one being its size and the ability to lay low.

Just sayin

*Facepalm*

You do realize that from the beginning of this game, 3 days have passed. 3 fucking days. Day 1 normally lasts 2 weeks or more yet you already insist on looking for inactives and scummariners after 3 days. Since I can't remember playing with you before, I'll give you a benefit of a doubt as new players may do this, but as far as the game is concerned, this is a bad outlook for a few reasons:

1) It's a joke vote stage and there's not really that much to say as of now.
2) People have lives *gasps* and just because they haven't posted much yet does not mean they will not a bit later.
3) Give us some time and towards the end of the 1st week or so, I would make sense to take not who has not talked, but as of now, this gives us a precisely nothing.
4) Just because people are talking now, while there's nothing of substance that can be said, does not mean they should be excluded from the scumdar. In fact, in all likelihood, while there's no real analysis, most of the good scum will post quite a bit to appear active and to ensure a "pro-town" outlook.

Hah, oh you're such a funny guy. Try going to a good university with 16 hours, + 20 hour part time job + various other activities and I'll see how much time you will have on your hands during midterms.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:uHMMM Perhaps we should wait until the last minute then? So far there is a core group of people out of 26 actively contributing...some have made an appearance but have offered nothing. I'm usually pretty good at leaving folks alone and letting them hang back as they would be on my radar. This game seems to be a bit different in several ways...one being its size and the ability to lay low.

Just sayin

*Facepalm*

You do realize that from the beginning of this game, 3 days have passed. 3 fucking days. Day 1 normally lasts 2 weeks or more yet you already insist on looking for inactives and scummariners after 3 days. Since I can't remember playing with you before, I'll give you a benefit of a doubt as new players may do this, but as far as the game is concerned, this is a bad outlook for a few reasons:

1) It's a joke vote stage and there's not really that much to say as of now.
2) People have lives *gasps* and just because they haven't posted much yet does not mean they will not a bit later.
3) Give us some time and towards the end of the 1st week or so, I would make sense to take not who has not talked, but as of now, this gives us a precisely nothing.
4) Just because people are talking now, while there's nothing of substance that can be said, does not mean they should be excluded from the scumdar. In fact, in all likelihood, while there's no real analysis, most of the good scum will post quite a bit to appear active and to ensure a "pro-town" outlook.

Hah, oh you're such a funny guy. Try going to a good university with 16 hours, + 20 hour part time job + various other activities and I'll see how much time you will have on your hands during midterms.

unless you haven t noticed, we have already consumed half of day 1. WE DON T HAVE 2 WEEKS!!! so yes it's normal to start looking at inactives. In a 7 day day 1 you put yourself quite in a comfort zone not posting anything. and yes, i agree completely about scum that would generally post just enough instead of being completely inactive but i don't think it's normal that people risk being lynched for participating and give hints of the little they know while others just sit back and "monitor"

regarding swifte's post: interesting theory. do you think that dead people or cultists could for example continue to lead their followers even dead like voices in their heads or something like that and that these can't answer back? (talking about the no night discution, i don't understand if that means that no one gets a night discution, not even mafia or just that no posting at all in here?)
Major betiko

Postby elonpuckhog on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:35 pm

spiesr wrote:
elonpuckhog wrote:unvote

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to be inactive in this game. I'll rescind my joke vote and continue to monitor the thread.
Hmm, in order give us some more stuff to discuss and to keep you involved I am going to ask you some questions. You can respond however you wish, but note that your reaction will color my opinion of you for the rest of the game.
3. What do you make of these rule details:
/ wrote:5. Once I post your death scene, you may not speak in the thread at all unless I say otherwise, goodbye messages are not allowed at all in this game for certain reasons.
7. Night talk is not permitted at all in this game for certain reasons

4. What do you think is the most important thing for you to do
A: in this game
B: and on Day 1 on specifically
in order to achieve your win condition?

To answer your first two questions, my gut feeling tells me there are 3 parties in this game. Whether they are cult, scum, whatever, my feeling tells me there are three parties. But all I have to go on is my gut. I think the answer to number 3 is in the thread already (a very credible answer I think - people who die may not really be dead!). On day 1, we need to do SOMETHING in this game - get some pressure on some people and lynch someone. In my previous two games on this board, both have ended without a day one lynch or really anything to go on. IMO, this benefits town the least.

What I find scummy is your aggressive post, especially the quote in red. Why did you direct these questions only to me? Why does my response color your opinion of me for the rest of the game?

Finally, on the topic of inactivity, the deadline is Wednesday, so I think now is a good time to start pressuring. I understand people have lives and midterms. But we need to do something. If they are too busy to post, maybe we should just lynch them.
Fastposted by betiko
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:46 pm

elon, don't lie. It makes you look scummy.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Aaaand:

vote Sully
IMO it's the same as voting No Lynch, since he won't be here to enjoy his role it seems.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Well Sully is a cheap shot, but do we want him lynched or replaced?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby elonpuckhog on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:elon, don't lie. It makes you look scummy.

Where exactly did I lie?
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Aaaand:

vote Sully
IMO it's the same as voting No Lynch, since he won't be here to enjoy his role it seems.

And just what is that compared to elon???!! Major suspicions on Jester role here or attempted Jester playoff so he doesn't get lynched.

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:04 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:elon, don't lie. It makes you look scummy.

Where exactly did I lie?

Well, this may be splitting hairs, but he neveer said you did lie. He just said don't. I think its excellent advice but most likely contextually irrelevant. You can either bite or ignore it 8-)
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:16 pm

I am in favor of hanging all those who don't post, helps activity to say the least.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:26 pm

edocsil wrote:I am in favor of hanging all those who don't post, helps activity to say the least.

well on one side since we won't go very far in a day 1 lasting a week, and if dead people are never completely dead let's just lynch sully who is the only one out of 26 who will never show up, the odds of misslynching are the same killing him or anyone else i guess... but maybe it would help to get a claim to try understand better this game i don't know.... i think it's the game where i' the most clueless of what is going to happen and i'm sure there will be plenty of roles i've never seen before..
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives