[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm

nah, I may be surmising, and im sticking with no vote, but I'd be willing to say that ppl should take there vote off of DOOM ATM. Im hoping that it doesnt sound insane ;)
fp'd by Hippo and Doom
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Nendreel on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm starting to get frustrated here.

I didn't softclaim unlynchable. I was just saying that without a case you can't lynch me.

It doesn't seem like that is true though. You people are lynching me for no reason.

Vodean, I'm not fake claiming. I'm claiming to have a role called townie. Since I have the most basic role, and I know it isnt strictly "vanilla" I was able to surmise that
A) there are no vanillas, and therefore no boring roles.
B) elonpuckhog, and a few others (like vodean) have the same role.

Now that all the VTs have basically given themseleves away, this game is just stupid.

I am not going to contribute anything more today. Lynch me if you want, I don't care any more.


Well at least that mystery is solved. elon didn't lie, he and Doom just weren't on the same page on what a VT is.

I'm considering unvoting, but the "take my ball and go home" attitude annoys me enough that I'll leave it there for now.
fp'd by hippo, doom and rish
User avatar
Sergeant Nendreel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Count Belisle on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm

I.m going to have to asked to be replaced due to my family down with a stomach virus i will not be around for several days and i have sitters watching games i will catch you guy the next.time around thank you for understanding
Image
Want to enter The Underworld? Click here to send me a PM and find out how. (Selective Recruitment)
User avatar
Private 1st Class Count Belisle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:30 pm
Location: Ventura California
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Count Belisle wrote:I.m going to have to asked to be replaced due to my family down with a stomach virus i will not be around for several days and i have sitters watching games i will catch you guy the next.time around thank you for understanding

Sorry to hear that ... get well soon ... keep your name on the reserve list though ... given the size of this game by the time you feel like playing Mafia again you will bound to be able to come back in!!
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:18 pm

by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5789
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 pm

betiko wrote:by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..


That's a whole game day...


rishaed wrote:
edocsil wrote:Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.

I am assuming that was posted towards me. . . I got FP'd quite a bit and hadn't realized about the unlynchable role. I mean its only my second game. (counting batman). Anyhow I really don't know what else to get out of your post so i'll leave it.
FP'd


It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:15 pm

edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..


That's a whole game day...


rishaed wrote:
edocsil wrote:Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.

I am assuming that was posted towards me. . . I got FP'd quite a bit and hadn't realized about the unlynchable role. I mean its only my second game. (counting batman). Anyhow I really don't know what else to get out of your post so i'll leave it.
FP'd


It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.

What happened to you along the way Edoc to turn you into this grissly monster? In your very first post ever, relating to your first attempt to make a map, you said "don't judge the graphics this is just a method of putting my thoughts together". I, for one, would love to see a return of that nice guy!
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby jak111 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:19 pm

2.DoomYoshi ~ Try hard Jester play
4.crazymilkshake5 ~ 4 days, one liners, joke votes.
5.Iron Butterfly ~ Side tracked off to time management with last post, sort of seemed defensive about it.
8.ghostly447 ~ Took a joke vote a bit too seriously.
14.jak111 ~ Is always in an uproar to get things moving Day 1 but is not in this game because of swamped with projects and time, SCUMMY
16.Victor Sullivan ~ Hasn't even confirmed yet.
21. pancakemix ~ 5 days, one liners, joke vote stage.
23. Count Belisle ~ Asked to be replaced.

Highlighted a few people, so let me comment on this (myself was a joke so don't get your panties in a knot 8-) )

Count just because he asked for replacement so there's a spot empty and useless to us until/if replaced.

Victor, CMS, and Pancake are all in there for inactivity and mostly because they could have dropped by by now. These are only inactive cases and shall only be taken on if we have no good case by tomorrow night (night before deadline).

Now onto Ghostly, Doom, and Iron. These three I think have the most potential for any sort of case against them that holds a bit of water with the time we were given so far.
~ Ghostly's overreaction to earlier posts.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


So does your vote.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.


So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s


Can we please just think about this for a second? If it is sooo obvious you meant it as a joke, how is it not sooo obvious that I used that as what I thought regarding the post? In other words, going off the words you posted I figured you were skimming.

Edoc, different minds think different things. I understand that it could have been sarcasm, but if you have played a game with me (and you have played plenty) you should know that I am rather quick to not let something get dropped too quickly. It doesnt help that I am just coming back so anything sets me off (refer to the other game I am in, Batman). I am just trying to readjust back to my normal playing, and with that I Unvote Jonty.


Exactly, you are trying to readjust, so a slip of taking a joke vote seriously would not surprise me at this point from you.

Just two posts to note on Ghostly that seem a bit scummy/anti-townish like he is a bit jumpy on the gun.

~ Next we have Doom, whom I don't think I need to quote anything since everyone has been seeing the shit he's been pulling lately. Although I will take a bit of a cautionary note on how he is trying TOO hard to be a Jester that him being anti-town regardless of alignment seems to be a huge possibility at the moment. Scum testing his luck, or cult perhaps fishing for roles in the deep sea of 25 players. A long shot yes, but one that seems to befitting of Doom as of late.

~ Finally we have Iron Butterfly.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:uHMMM Perhaps we should wait until the last minute then? So far there is a core group of people out of 26 actively contributing...some have made an appearance but have offered nothing. I'm usually pretty good at leaving folks alone and letting them hang back as they would be on my radar. This game seems to be a bit different in several ways...one being its size and the ability to lay low.

Just sayin

Uhmm invest in a watch if you have time trouble.


*Facepalm*

You do realize that from the beginning of this game, 3 days have passed. 3 fucking days. Day 1 normally lasts 2 weeks or more yet you already insist on looking for inactives and scummariners after 3 days. Since I can't remember playing with you before, I'll give you a benefit of a doubt as new players may do this, but as far as the game is concerned, this is a bad outlook for a few reasons:

1) It's a joke vote stage and there's not really that much to say as of now.
2) People have lives *gasps* and just because they haven't posted much yet does not mean they will not a bit later.
3) Give us some time and towards the end of the 1st week or so, I would make sense to take not who has not talked, but as of now, this gives us a precisely nothing.
4) Just because people are talking now, while there's nothing of substance that can be said, does not mean they should be excluded from the scumdar. In fact, in all likelihood, while there's no real analysis, most of the good scum will post quite a bit to appear active and to ensure a "pro-town" outlook.

Hah, oh you're such a funny guy. Try going to a good university with 16 hours, + 20 hour part time job + various other activities and I'll see how much time you will have on your hands during midterms.


Try raising an eight year old with ODD/ADHD, performing for a living and running your own business and then come back and lecture about time management My college days were the best years of my life doing exactly what you are doing. You think you have time crunch problems now? ?LOL boy your in for a rude awakening...marriage, kids, family, business...The insanity this game promises can no where near compare to living with a neurotic stand-up comic wife.

But thanks for all the good advice.


Now I know Iron is quick on the gun in some cases, but first he says we should pressure those not ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING, yet he's not really that active nor is he offering anything as of late on what's been going on.


Now I have a question since I'm not a huge Love Craft lore fan. Nor have I read much into it. What is the lore? Like what all is there besides Elder Gods, Outer Gods, and Old Ones? (and humans)

Fastposted twice.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
User avatar
Private 1st Class jak111
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: At your deathbed.
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:51 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Sully for now. IMO, we need to lynch someone, especially if they can "come back from the dead" or there are post death implications. I also want to see him replaced, but at this point, if he is replaced, we also need to extend the D1 deadline.

I went back through the thread so far and the best case I can come up with is Doom. He claims VT after only 2 votes (no where near being lynched) and claims that he knows I am as well. This after he accuses me of lying but doesn't really state where he knows I am lying. Further, I don't believe there are ANY VTs in this game. Since this is an official game, I would expect almost everyone to have some sort of power role, post restriction, or other quirk that makes them non-vanilla. So, Doom claiming VT is suspicious in and of itself.

As to Doom wanting a response to his "accusation" of me being a VT, I still want him to tell me where I was lying. As I stated, I don't think there are any VTs in this game and that is all I will reveal about my role at this time. No one is currently voting for me and until I get a significant number of votes, I won't claim.

Two other things stand out:

1. Doom and Rishaed pushing for no lynch, especially in light of the rules where there is a 50% chance the highest vote getter will die in the event of a NL. Voting NL wipes that out. It is just noted for now.

2. Ghostly's overreaction from before is noted as well. I think personally its not much of a starter, but he hasn't posted lately as well to respond. It may be time to pressure him as a secondary case.

Also, those who don't want to hang Sully simply because he is inactive - do you want to hang someone, or end day 1 with NL?



Next thing is this beautiful example of skimming. I clearly posted my closing thought on my "over reaction" here:

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.


So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s


Can we please just think about this for a second? If it is sooo obvious you meant it as a joke, how is it not sooo obvious that I used that as what I thought regarding the post? In other words, going off the words you posted I figured you were skimming.

Edoc, different minds think different things. I understand that it could have been sarcasm, but if you have played a game with me (and you have played plenty) you should know that I am rather quick to not let something get dropped too quickly. It doesnt help that I am just coming back so anything sets me off (refer to the other game I am in, Batman). I am just trying to readjust back to my normal playing, and with that I Unvote Jonty.


3 days ago. Skimming, or forgetful I dont care. You could have gone back to see if I had responded.

thehippo8 wrote:It is highly possible that Doom believes that he knows something about Elon (from his PM) but is mistaken, mislead or misconceived (or thinks he's Miss Universe). I think Doom is just a distraction and that Elon is confused as all get out. Just some thoughts on the Sully lynch. Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance? And, Betiko, if VTs are really the most important thing here - do we really need the grief? I am leaning more towards either a NL or considering someething solid. On that note, the most reasoned post to consider is Vodean's. As to Doom, he is soft-claiming unlynchable so I think that anyone with a night rolecop role or similar could help us there but why waste a lynch? Soundman's idea about ghostly was weak and now we have some input we should be grateful that it was effective, but I can't buy that one. So that leaves me with spiesr for now. I'd be interested in hearing more from others on their thoughts on Vodean's comments - but at this stage it's probably a NL and that may be better to pursue tomorrow?


Oh my bad, he didnt understand the sarcasm and his response is highlighted in red. Maybe we should give him shit for it and constantly bring it up, since obviously sarcasm is seen by all in the same light so since he didnt see it he must be hiding something. Do you see why I am getting annoyed with MY sarcasm getting put under a microscope and thehippo (who has been here longer than me, and is far more experienced in many aspects) gets skipped over? I know HIS wasnt accusing anyone, but he OBVIOUSLY did not get Betiko's sarcasm in this post (important sarcasm in blue):

betiko wrote:ghostly, about the dead that still could pm the living like "voices in their heads" is just a thought from the flavour and from the point brought up by swifte.

And yes I agree with doom, PRs aren't important in this game, VTs are. lynch sully!!!

fastposed



So lets see. Sarcasm seems to be a very strong thing in this game if it is mistaken as actually being SERIOUS. My bad for wanting to be serious, most of you would know that I HATE HATE HATE joke voting stage, and this is why. Every time I post during it, I am put in the spot light for some stupid reason.

Now I know what you are all thinking at this point. "he's over reacting, kill him!". No, I am not over reacting. I am tired of this whole sarcasm mess up being tossed around, chewed a little bit, and being tossed on to the next curious person who wants to make a case off of a misunderstanding. I remember another time like that in this game. Something about that doomyoshi guy and that other elonpuc guy having a misunderstanding that lasted somewhere around 7-9 pages. I am a defensive person when I think there is something dumb brought up. Sorry, thats me.

One more thing.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. - If anyone knows about lovecraft that is obvious (I did not mean in it sarcasm, but I am trying to make a point)
I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. - Entire post can be taken as more of a joke than serious DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.


So what is the difference between his sarcasm and my seriousness? Above are a few things in MY response that could be taken as a JOKE VOTE, but werent. mmmk then. So the only difference was:

Apparently all but myself could tell his post was sarcasm, and though mine could have been interpreted as strong sarcasm with a lick of bitterness/seriousness, it wasnt. Just a perfect example of how we all have different perspectives, and though I did not mean it in a sarcastic way, it could have, with a little bit of analysis, been seen as possible sarcasm.

Anymore talk about it, I will be more than happy to try to explain it. But beware, after several paragraphs of doing so already, I may HAVE TO USE SARCASM to entertain myself.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Elon, the only way that typos would know that there are no "vanilla" townies is if you have the most basic role, right?

Anyways, can anyone explain why we should replace rather than just lynch sully? Can you provide a helpful town role for this game?

Cops suck because recruitment changes alignment and trusting cop results is balls in cult games.
Docs aren't important because death doesn't seem to be important.
Roleblockers, busdrivers, LRs and nexii only add to the confusion.
Vig is an anti-town role in any game.

So, can anyone who wants sully replaced give me a possible beneficial role to town? I can't see one, and I am noting this response as the "safe" response. LSU looks scummiest out of the bunch there.


First of all, cops may still be useful for the 1st guilty verdict - and if we see derailment on their account, we can always kill them.

Secondly, it's day 1 and we don't know enough about death to infer that.

WTF? Roleblockers are not useful? Mkayy... Busdrivers, if in good hands, can be game-breakers or game winners. ETC.

Good vigs are really useful too - as long as we don't have a trigger happy one.

thehippo8 wrote:Firstly, is it really likely that Sully would be given a good role given his recent history of deadbeating on games, not completing other mafia games and general disappearance?


The same was true most of my time here, yet he got pretty damn good roles (Cult recruiter @ official pirates game as one example) before, so I'd rather give a chance for mod to replace him. If not, modkill him and NOT FRIGGIN' waste a lynch on him.

edocsil wrote:It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.


This.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby / on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Vote Count:

spiesr (1) vodean
ghostly447 (1) - jonty125
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (1) - crazymilkshake5
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Commander9 (1) - Rodion
DoomYoshi (2) - jak111, Nendreel
Victor Sullivan (7) - betiko, DoomYoshi, thehippo8, safariguy5, edocsil, elonpuckhog, soundman,
Vodean (1) spiesr
No Lynch (2) rishaed, LSU Tiger Josh

12 to lynch

Victor will be replaced upon deadline if he is not killed.

@ Betiko, as long as you inform me ahead of time, and it's not close enough to endgame that one missing vote is a big deal, 10 days off is alright.

To anyone who will be missing during a night, they may send me an action ahead of time if applicable, or ask me to let random.org handle it.

@Count Belisle, this goes for you too, sorry to hear you're sick. if you are certain you would like to be replaced, I will replace you at deadline, if you would like to stay on, that's fine too.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 pm

@ COMMANDER - Yes, modkills are an underused resource and the last bastion if there is no-one to replace. I see / has now confirmed he is looking to replace if we choose not to lynch. All very sensible. Hard to do given its already a large game - who else is out there? Hopefully someone like newguy1 (who I saw reading this thread a while back) may be interested? Hint hint!
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm

actually ghostly, i wasn't sarcastic there, i think what i said is true vts/humans will decide the game. to what extent i don't know, but this game is really different, i'm really looking forward for night scene and understand better the mechanics of this.

what about pressuring count for a claim before he vanishes completely? maybe that would help...

fastposted.


ok thanks /, how long will be the days after day 1? i assume they will be longer than a week? normally they are at least 2 weeks so hopefully i will be just absent in the middle of a given day.
other thing: what do you mean about sully, you got his replacement ready? would change everything concerning my vote...
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5789
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@ COMMANDER - Yes, modkills are an underused resource and the last bastion if there is no-one to replace. I see / has now confirmed he is looking to replace if we choose not to lynch. All very sensible. Hard to do given its already a large game - who else is out there? Hopefully someone like newguy1 (who I saw reading this thread a while back) may be interested? Hint hint!


or sempai who is reading just now!
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5789
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm

betiko wrote:actually ghostly, i wasn't sarcastic there, i think what i said is true vts/humans will decide the game. to what extent i don't know, but this game is really different, i'm really looking forward for night scene and understand better the mechanics of this.

what about pressuring count for a claim before he vanishes completely? maybe that would help...

fastposted.


ok thanks /, how long will be the days after day 1? i assume they will be longer than a week? normally they are at least 2 weeks so hopefully i will be just absent in the middle of a given day.
other thing: what do you mean about sully, you got his replacement ready? would change everything concerning my vote...


So then, that brings up my question to you. How in God's name is a VT (even as somewhat a PR in its own this game) more important than a PR? I can understand where you are coming from in the respect that they may be some of the deciding factors, but PR's are far more important night wise in catching scum, killing scum, and protecting fellow town. I dont see how a simple boosted VT beats out PR's.

With this said however, I dont feel its anything major against you Betiko. With that, I Unvote if I had a vote on someone (I think I did) and I will reserve my vote. I dont like killing inactives that do not have a chance to speak, and I do not think Doom is worth lynching today (though I think something should be done tomorrow regarding possible lynching of him should it seem like the right thing to do).
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby / on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

betiko wrote:
ok thanks /, how long will be the days after day 1? i assume they will be longer than a week? normally they are at least 2 weeks so hopefully i will be just absent in the middle of a given day.
other thing: what do you mean about sully, you got his replacement ready? would change everything concerning my vote...

Default deadline is always 7 days, 3 for nights, extensions available upon request.
strike wolf is currently my only reserve, if Sully survives, I will ask Strike if he wants the role, if not, I'll ask if he can replace Count Belisle (should he still want to be replaced.) if I need more I'll hit up the replacement thread.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Victor, CMS, and Pancake are all in there for inactivity and mostly because they could have dropped by by now. These are only inactive cases and shall only be taken on if we have no good case by tomorrow night (night before deadline)


Meh. D1 bullshit is D1 bullshit. That, and I've got other things on my plate.

Don't think Doom is a jester, but if there were a mod who'd do it, it'd be /.

Ghostly vs. Jak? This oughtta be good.

The big problem with Doom is that IF he's a VT, he's not playing it right.


Dunno if that's for any of us to say. There's probably more to it than it appears (although whether or not that's still a VT by definition is a matter of opinion, I guess).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7907
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Heading for the light
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Victor, CMS, and Pancake are all in there for inactivity and mostly because they could have dropped by by now. These are only inactive cases and shall only be taken on if we have no good case by tomorrow night (night before deadline)


Meh. D1 bullshit is D1 bullshit. That, and I've got other things on my plate.

Don't think Doom is a jester, but if there were a mod who'd do it, it'd be /.

Ghostly vs. Jak? This oughtta be good.

The big problem with Doom is that IF he's a VT, he's not playing it right.


Dunno if that's for any of us to say. There's probably more to it than it appears (although whether or not that's still a VT by definition is a matter of opinion, I guess).


Me vs Jak? Where?
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..


That's a whole game day...


rishaed wrote:
edocsil wrote:Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.

I am assuming that was posted towards me. . . I got FP'd quite a bit and hadn't realized about the unlynchable role. I mean its only my second game. (counting batman). Anyhow I really don't know what else to get out of your post so i'll leave it.
FP'd


It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.

What happened to you along the way Edoc to turn you into this grissly monster? In your very first post ever, relating to your first attempt to make a map, you said "don't judge the graphics this is just a method of putting my thoughts together". I, for one, would love to see a return of that nice guy!


I was a 15 year old kid. Now I am a bitter alcoholic in college. Don't attack my character, it leads no credence to your arguments. Yes, I am a dick. If you have an issue with it, prove me wrong. I'll shut up /admit I am wrong when it happens, and it does happen. How about instead of looking at my early posts (you ignored the ones where I was a asshole in the religion bashing threads in offtopics btw, to this day I am still embarrassed of that) you go look to see the last time someone besides Fircoal used a Jester, and go look for when people assuming jesters almost cost the Town the game (CYOC and others)
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm

@Edoc - you are right - what goes in mafia stays in mafia and RL doesn't cross over - I always forget about the ability to "be a personality" in here which doesn't have any bearing on RL - my bad - hand slapped - won't happen again!
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Alright, finally read up, hippo you found me reading the past 4 pages ;). I have been reading throughout the day as I have kept getting sidetracked, and my take on sully is that of ghostly's. I know sully is innactive, but I would rather lynch a potential threat to town who has been scummy rather then lynch an innactive who can be replaced, or at worst modkilled. As far as doomyoshi, he usually follows flavor quite well (if my memory doesnt fail me), and so I would just say it is doom being doom in a way. As far as him being a jester, I would say its a longshot as this is an official game and it would kinda suck if we had a jester win it, though I am not familiar Lovecraft so I dont know of any role that would match up with a jester, so it may be possible.
I cant remember any other arguements that have gone on besides ghostly's sarcasm to serious post, but I believe I already gave my take on it... In case I havent, my take on it was that it can transfer badly over the computer and at first glance I thought it could be a serious post too, although after I read it a couple more times I saw the sarcasm in it and disregaurded it.
As for ghostly's defense in saying he generally takes things seriously, I would say that is pretty close to his persona, knowing him in real life anyways (Zing!), and on the game in all seriousness. Thats about all I can think of. If I had to pick a person to lynch off of scummy behavior, I would say either doom or ghostly... Actually I got another thought just now. In speed games I played, I had a role that if nobody was lynched day 1, it was a win for the person with the role, so that may be why he is acting strange... though I believe his claim of human as it is a completly possible role.

fastposted- I agree with edoc's thoughts and hippo's appoligy and such.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:actually ghostly, i wasn't sarcastic there, i think what i said is true vts/humans will decide the game. to what extent i don't know, but this game is really different, i'm really looking forward for night scene and understand better the mechanics of this.

what about pressuring count for a claim before he vanishes completely? maybe that would help...

fastposted.


ok thanks /, how long will be the days after day 1? i assume they will be longer than a week? normally they are at least 2 weeks so hopefully i will be just absent in the middle of a given day.
other thing: what do you mean about sully, you got his replacement ready? would change everything concerning my vote...


So then, that brings up my question to you. How in God's name is a VT (even as somewhat a PR in its own this game) more important than a PR? I can understand where you are coming from in the respect that they may be some of the deciding factors, but PR's are far more important night wise in catching scum, killing scum, and protecting fellow town. I dont see how a simple boosted VT beats out PR's.

With this said however, I dont feel its anything major against you Betiko. With that, I Unvote if I had a vote on someone (I think I did) and I will reserve my vote. I dont like killing inactives that do not have a chance to speak, and I do not think Doom is worth lynching today (though I think something should be done tomorrow regarding possible lynching of him should it seem like the right thing to do).

two clarifications i want to make: PR is a dual term. it means post restriction AND Power Role... lets keep it straight.

doom wants to be lynched really hard. that means we CANNOT lynch him without more info.
Image
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
User avatar
Sergeant vodean
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Me vs Jak? Where?


ghostly447 wrote:One more thing.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. - If anyone knows about lovecraft that is obvious (I did not mean in it sarcasm, but I am trying to make a point)
I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. - Entire post can be taken as more of a joke than serious DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.


So what is the difference between his sarcasm and my seriousness? Above are a few things in MY response that could be taken as a JOKE VOTE, but werent. mmmk then. So the only difference was:

Apparently all but myself could tell his post was sarcasm, and though mine could have been interpreted as strong sarcasm with a lick of bitterness/seriousness, it wasnt. Just a perfect example of how we all have different perspectives, and though I did not mean it in a sarcastic way, it could have, with a little bit of analysis, been seen as possible sarcasm.

Anymore talk about it, I will be more than happy to try to explain it. But beware, after several paragraphs of doing so already, I may HAVE TO USE SARCASM to entertain myself.


It seemed as though that was a response to jak's post about you. Am I mistaken? Because nothing from the context seems to suggest otherwise.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7907
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Heading for the light
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm

pancakemix wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:Me vs Jak? Where?


ghostly447 wrote:One more thing.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. - If anyone knows about lovecraft that is obvious (I did not mean in it sarcasm, but I am trying to make a point)
I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. - Entire post can be taken as more of a joke than serious DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.


So what is the difference between his sarcasm and my seriousness? Above are a few things in MY response that could be taken as a JOKE VOTE, but werent. mmmk then. So the only difference was:

Apparently all but myself could tell his post was sarcasm, and though mine could have been interpreted as strong sarcasm with a lick of bitterness/seriousness, it wasnt. Just a perfect example of how we all have different perspectives, and though I did not mean it in a sarcastic way, it could have, with a little bit of analysis, been seen as possible sarcasm.

Anymore talk about it, I will be more than happy to try to explain it. But beware, after several paragraphs of doing so already, I may HAVE TO USE SARCASM to entertain myself.


It seemed as though that was a response to jak's post about you. Am I mistaken? Because nothing from the context seems to suggest otherwise.


You are mistaken. It was addressed to everybody that keeps thinking I'm scummy because I didnt understand the sarcasm in the beginning of the game, and (God forbid) 2-4 pages into joke voting I wanted to get on with the game, and it seemed like a decent trail had it not been sarcastic. I was just proving that with some analysis, my post could have even been taken as moderately sarcastic, but wasnt.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 pm

I very much doubt that Sully will get the necessary votes for a definite lynch (he needs five more). So I have a question for the group of people who are hoping for a Day 1 Sully lynch:
Are you willing to take a 50% chance on lynching one inactive (who may or may not have an important role)? I am not willing to waste a vote on an inactive (who can be replaced) when an early mislynch could be the cause of a late game LYLO. He hasn't even confirmed; at LEAST put pressure on the people who have only confirmed or posted once or twice of no real subject, if you aren't going to pressure some of the questionable other players here. Its odd for a Day 1 to have such walls of text, so it makes me think that some players are just hiding out and waiting for night.

Fast posted by Vodean, ghostly, and pancakemix.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login