[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 pm

I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7695
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm

strike wolf wrote:I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.

I would also like to point out that vodean is saying "lynch all humans". I assume he means "lynch all humans like me" AKA the ones that are allegedly third party. Since some of us humans are most definitely town and not third party in any way, shape, or form, there is a clear distinction between these two human groups. I will also say that I am unaware of who the other town humans are unlike vodean who apparently is masoned to all of his buddies.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:38 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.

I would also like to point out that vodean is saying "lynch all humans". I assume he means "lynch all humans like me" AKA the ones that are allegedly third party. Since some of us humans are most definitely town and not third party in any way, shape, or form, there is a clear distinction between these two human groups. I will also say that I am unaware of who the other town humans are unlike vodean who apparently is masoned to all of his buddies.


We're not masoned.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.

I would also like to point out that vodean is saying "lynch all humans". I assume he means "lynch all humans like me" AKA the ones that are allegedly third party. Since some of us humans are most definitely town and not third party in any way, shape, or form, there is a clear distinction between these two human groups. I will also say that I am unaware of who the other town humans are unlike vodean who apparently is masoned to all of his buddies.


We're not masoned.


Perhaps you aren't, but if there's a cult in the works there's a chance he is.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Image
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Vienna, 1781
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby vodean on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 pm

strike wolf wrote:I you wish to blame someone for exposing all of you, you should be looking at Doom. he's the one who acted in a manner that drew attention to him day 1, hrs the one who started pointing out the others like him to town and he's the one who made the list of all of you earlier today.

the alignment shift argument you made holds no weight. you can shift alignment anytime and there's no way you would tell us if you switched to the scum side. I'm not seeking to eliminate all the humans. do I think it might be a good idea to have tabs on them for later in the game? Probably. but it would be secondary to hunting down others based on scumminess.

if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.

I am masoned to no one.

when the sun sank hope disappeared
Image
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
User avatar
Sergeant vodean
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Vodean, I have done everything I can to stop this lynch. At this point it is inevitable. Can you use your 1-shot and tell us who you used it on so we know what alignment they are?

Preferably one of the potential scum... I would suggest jonty or LSU, but it is up to your discretion. Alternately, do nemdreel so town mislynches. It Will serve them right fr not listening.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

vodean wrote:if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.
What exactly does this mean?
Will you please just do as I asked and give clear and complete explanation of the exact mechanics of your ability to change alignments? If you were 100% honest and upfront about stuff like this it would be much easier for the town to trust you. (This also goes for some other Humans of the same nature.)
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 am

at the end, the stupidity of chaos set in and remained.
spiesr wrote:
vodean wrote:if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.
What exactly does this mean?
Will you please just do as I asked and give clear and complete explanation of the exact mechanics of your ability to change alignments? If you were 100% honest and upfront about stuff like this it would be much easier for the town to trust you. (This also goes for some other Humans of the same nature.)

like doom said, we can tie our alignment to one person once. we can pick anyone, and do not find out what our alignment becomes, but our alignment is permanently tied to theirs (unless someone else subverts us). which means at this point we are all third party. go ahead and lynch me. its fucking stupid of you to do, but maybe then i will be able to replace in and get a scum role so i can play of of your retardedness. it shouldnt be hard. just look at the lynchwagon on me. i guarantee some scum
Image
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
User avatar
Sergeant vodean
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 am

vodean wrote:jonty, as far as i know CHOSE to recite that poem.


No, I did not choose to, it was enforced upon me.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 am

Sadly we don't learn WHAT the WC is upon alignment. Which is pretty much the reason one will use it until they are perfectly certain of it's result.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby pancakemix on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:50 am

vodean wrote:at the end, the stupidity of chaos set in and remained.
spiesr wrote:
vodean wrote:if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.
What exactly does this mean?
Will you please just do as I asked and give clear and complete explanation of the exact mechanics of your ability to change alignments? If you were 100% honest and upfront about stuff like this it would be much easier for the town to trust you. (This also goes for some other Humans of the same nature.)

like doom said, we can tie our alignment to one person once. we can pick anyone, and do not find out what our alignment becomes, but our alignment is permanently tied to theirs (unless someone else subverts us). which means at this point we are all third party. go ahead and lynch me. its fucking stupid of you to do, but maybe then i will be able to replace in and get a scum role so i can play of of your retardedness. it shouldnt be hard. just look at the lynchwagon on me. i guarantee some scum


A motivating rebuttal. Did you ever actually say why it was you were reciting the poem? I feel like I missed it, I'm struggling to give this game the time it deserves.

If you didn't, why the hell SHOULD we keep you around? Clearly, if you're acting strange and your only defense is "You're retarded for lynching me", you're not a productive townie and ought to be done away with (And don't say you're third party, because we know you're the equivalent of VT).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Image
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Vienna, 1781
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

He's reciting because he went insane.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

DoomYoshi wrote:He's reciting because he went insane.

And he's insane because he used an action, and apparently when the humans use actions, they have a chance of going insane.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:He's reciting because he went insane.
And he's insane because he used an action, and apparently when the humans use actions, they have a chance of going insane.
Not exactly. He is insane because he asked an elder god for information. This isn't the same thing as using an action. (Even if it might be the only thing a Human can do.)
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

spiesr wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:He's reciting because he went insane.
And he's insane because he used an action, and apparently when the humans use actions, they have a chance of going insane.
Not exactly. He is insane because he asked an elder god for information. This isn't the same thing as using an action. (Even if it might be the only thing a Human can do.)

:-s
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login