Page 26 of 85

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 am
by rishaed
lordvoldemort wrote:I can confirm pancakes issue with losing his vote as I too had it happen to me. I am a captive man. And I believe pcm is the same

EBWOP captive mind


pancakemix wrote:Rishaed is not a captive mind, I can say that much.

Lovo isn't anymore either. Those who are now can tell you themselves.

I also learned Com9's WC, which I will reveal if requested.

Soo. . . because nobody else has addressed it WHY did he A. KNOW that i wasn't a CAPTIVE MIND. - I hadn't said anything about that, i just said that I couldn't VOTE.
B. KNOW That LoVo is no longer a captive mind.
My first thoughts are A. he knows because he makes people captive minds, and in return he gives them a 1-shot?
B.HE's not telling us something very important, and its obvious he knows more because of the latest remarks.

Going to Hippo,
HIPPO, from everything that i know,cannot be human based on LoVo's information.
This is A. because almost all of our actions don't require us to visit the target, AKA asking for Info, and the one i use last night.
B. The exception is not possible, because the result is not the same as what it should be.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am
by rishaed
Ah and vote PCM

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:47 am
by pancakemix
Iron Butterfly wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Rishaed is not a captive mind, I can say that much.

Lovo isn't anymore either. Those who are now can tell you themselves.

I also learned Com9's WC, which I will reveal if requested.


Why would you not reveal his win condition? If you had no intention of doing so then why bring it up?


Because it's a very delicate thing, throwing people's win conditions out for all to see. It's also kind of vague. It may or may not actually help.

I can confirm that. I am now able to vote again. I had a one shot ability as well to watch someone whilst I was captive...Im quite sure I should reveal my results...Might help at least slowly piece the puzzle together.


I didn't get a watcher ability... :-s

rishaed wrote:As PCM said, i can't vote is a result of my Night action from last night. So no i'm not a captive mind... Though i'm wondering how he knew that seeing as we're not mason'd or anything of the sort. Could it be possible that Captive minds become mason'd to you for a day and during that day YOU STEAL their vote?


We captive minds are masoned together. I get the sense that our conciousnesses are just sort of floating in space. We can probably only talk in the game thread because otherwise it would be boring.

Fastposted twice.

Captive mind is a state of being. I can't vote, I cant use actions, I'm masoned with the other captive minds. There's nothing driving anyone insane or using mine or anyone ele's vote (as far as I know).

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am
by DoomYoshi
Ok, I get it now. Candidates for causing captive condition:?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am
by DoomYoshi
Got it.

vote ghostly

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 am
by pancakemix
DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, I get it now. Candidates for causing captive condition:?


If hippo did in fact visit me then that my be indicative of his involvement. It also might not be. There are four-five people I'd say for certain AREN'T causing the captive mindedness (myself included), barring some slim-chance busdriver shenanigans.

Fastposted: Woah, what? How did you get there? :-s

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 am
by jonty125
pancakemix wrote:Fastposted: Woah, what? How did you get there? :-s


No, nor do I. Anyhow, I did the same as I did last night. Vodean did not go anywhere last night, he just slept.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 am
by rishaed
DoomYoshi wrote:Got it.

vote ghostly

Ok that sounds ok. . . unvote PCM
Anyhow where did you get ghostly from?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm
by betiko
yep, doom we're not inside your head and you obviously know we are going to ask you about ghostly that comes out of the blue. Also, since you didn't unvote and your vote on lsu was not coloured and bolded I guess you are doing this on purpose?
also about captive minds, are you guys lonely during the day and masoned during the night as normal masons or can you pm each other during the day? is that something that lasts only one day+night?

regarding the scene, seems like people decide to join ctuhlu (tentacle alien right?) how would they even know who he is to join him? could it be that insane people reach a new level after doing something wrong and join one of the factions?

Also, I wonder if none human factions are fighting each other as well or if they just need to get rid of humans..

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:07 pm
by Commander9
Planning to make a post either today or tomorrow - depending on my availability. (In all likelyhood tomorrow). Also, I will be probably be gone from Friday to Sunday too.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:13 pm
by Iron Butterfly
jonty125 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Fastposted: Woah, what? How did you get there? :-s


No, nor do I. Anyhow, I did the same as I did last night. Vodean did not go anywhere last night, he just slept.


Vodean has claimed "normal human"

Requesting a NA by beseeching Yogsothoth may cause insanity. It has also does not register as visiting someone. Please correct me if I am wrong.

How do you know Vodean just slept?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:21 pm
by Iron Butterfly
betiko wrote:other than our normal human role, I learned that some other dudes that clearly showed not being normal humans are unaligned too. isn't it iron?
a bit disapointed about lsu not etting lynched for experimentation and will not let that lonely vote on him on this brand new day.

vote LSU


You have also stated you are a "normal human".

I assume you are addressing me in this post Betiko?

You learned other "dudes" as in plural? And when you say "you learned" are you using your own deductive reasoning or is is this information gained by other means?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 pm
by jonty125
Iron Butterfly wrote:Vodean has claimed "normal human"


I know.

Iron Butterfly wrote:Requesting a NA by beseeching Yogsothoth may cause insanity. It has also does not register as visiting someone. Please correct me if I am wrong.


Agreed, but who ever said I asked the Yog-Sothoth for info.

Iron Butterfly wrote:How do you know Vodean just slept?


Because that was what I was told.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm
by betiko
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:other than our normal human role, I learned that some other dudes that clearly showed not being normal humans are unaligned too. isn't it iron?
a bit disapointed about lsu not etting lynched for experimentation and will not let that lonely vote on him on this brand new day.

vote LSU


You have also stated you are a "normal human".

I assume you are addressing me in this post Betiko?

You learned other "dudes" as in plural? And when you say "you learned" are you using your own deductive reasoning or is is this information gained by other means?



glad you point that out iron. Indeed, I asked yog for you alignment and i've learned you were unaligned. do you confirm?
And "other dudes" is just an assumption. As I learned you were unaligned (assuming human?) I guess normal humans are not the only ones with no alignment at start.
I haven't seen any info gathered from yog being true/useful till now, if it's never the case it's a bit ugly to have even given us that.

jonty, what's up with your post restriction?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 pm
by spiesr
jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Vodean has claimed "normal human"
I know.
Iron Butterfly wrote:Requesting a NA by beseeching Yogsothoth may cause insanity. It has also does not register as visiting someone. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Agreed, but who ever said I asked the Yog-Sothoth for info.
I think Iron's point was that your tracking of Vodean, or whatever exactly you did, doesn't tell us anything that we didn't already know. So why did you do that?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:04 pm
by jonty125
betiko wrote:jonty, what's up with your post restriction?


I completed the poem, PR lifted.

spiesr wrote: So why did you do that?

I gained information in the night, why wouldn't I share it?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:14 pm
by ghostly447
Now that I am here Doom, I will bite. Why are you voting me?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm
by spiesr
jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote: So why did you do that?
I gained information in the night, why wouldn't I share it?
Okay, the question was more along the lines of why would you choose to use that action on Vodean? Of course now it seems like I first have to ask did you choose to do something that led to you getting this info, or did it just sort of happen?

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:46 pm
by jonty125
spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote: So why did you do that?
I gained information in the night, why wouldn't I share it?
Okay, the question was more along the lines of why would you choose to use that action on Vodean? Of course now it seems like I first have to ask did you choose to do something that led to you getting this info, or did it just sort of happen?


It just sort of happened.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm
by vodean
some had answers, all had questions, but the elders did not give.
jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:jonty, what's up with your post restriction?


I completed the poem, PR lifted.

spiesr wrote: So why did you do that?

I gained information in the night, why wouldn't I share it?

interesting that my PR did not just end... i have to keep going. why didnt you get another poem?

i think this confirms that there are different levels of insanity.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm
by lord voldemort
DoomYoshi wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Rishaed is not a captive mind, I can say that much.

Lovo isn't anymore either. Those who are now can tell you themselves.

I also learned Com9's WC, which I will reveal if requested.


By captive mind, do you mean insane or vote quality?

I am going to assume you are human.
lord voldemort wrote:Well I watched pancake...and he was visited by hippo...Seeing as I wont be a watcher again I have nothing really to gain holding onto this info..


I am going to assume you are human.

Why won't you be a watcher again?


It was a 1 shot ability. I assumed I got it because I was a captive mind. Yet Pcm didnt...this is super intriguing. But yeah the watcher 1 shot wasnt with my original role pm. Hence my assumption.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm
by lord voldemort
Vodean QFT.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:48 pm
by Iron Butterfly
vodean wrote:some had answers, all had questions, but the elders did not give.
jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:jonty, what's up with your post restriction?


I completed the poem, PR lifted.

spiesr wrote: So why did you do that?

I gained information in the night, why wouldn't I share it?

interesting that my PR did not just end... i have to keep going. why didnt you get another poem?

i think this confirms that there are different levels of insanity.


What does it matter then? People spout poetry and gibberish. So far it has not stopped players from speaking their minds. What is to stop someone from faking? Gee why would someone fake it you ask?? hmmmmm.....

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 pm
by DoomYoshi
Eventually I will post a case. Let's just suffice it to say for now that half of why I am voting ghost is a mixture of PoE and randomshot.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm
by Commander9
Since PCM already sort of forced my cards, I think I might as well reveal myself and be an official representative of our group. As PCM may confirm, me and my partners have a sole goal - to survive. However, we do consider that sticking with town and helping them win is a better strategy than just sitting back, we are willing to offer information and confirming some people town. Furthermore, we also have information that one person has an ability to kill, thus it is extremely likely that the person is either SK, mafia or (unlikely tho) vigilante.

In order to understand how it all works, I will reveal some information about us as well - we are a group of survivors and each one of us and have an ability to inhabit someone's body AND at the same time get all of their abilities. The players we have inhabited are voteless for that specific time, but are masoned with other captive minds. As of now, I do not feel a need to reveal any more information. If the town would be interested, we can provide you with the name of the person that has a killing role.