Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby / on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm

BTW, sorry, I will unable to post a vote count or answer any more questions until friday or saturday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Confirm

unvote vote dommyoshi this is clearly witchcraft.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?

Well since few people in Lovecraftian tales keep their minds intact, a guess of lots on insanity seems reasonable. Also C'thulu. I will be very disappointed if C'thulu doesn't show up.

Also vote betiko, for not knowing how to spell Doom.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 pm

betiko wrote:

vote doom for not knowing the difference between the Spirit Elders and wicker
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?

Presumably, mind-destroying aliens who are worshiped as gods by cultists the world over.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby vodean on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 pm

i clearly had no idea what i was getting into when i signed up
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm

betiko wrote:

BURN THE WITCH!

But seriously, either DoomYoshi is intentionally messing with us, or something is up. Anyone fairly knowledgeable in Lovecraft-ian horror have ideas?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
betiko wrote:

BURN THE WITCH!

But seriously, either DoomYoshi is intentionally messing with us, or something is up. Anyone fairly knowledgeable in Lovecraft-ian horror have ideas?

This is actually the first time I ever hear about lovecraft... I looked it up on wiki when i signed in and understood where a few metallica song titles came from. Not popular at all outside of the US.
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I hesitate to say that we're up against an elder god like Yog Sothoth or Azathoth. Balance wise, I'd say we're probably up against some sort of cult or a bunch of random monsters as mafia.

It's possible we have a cult as well given the size and flavor, but I cannot say for sure.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Count Belisle on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 am

My bad sorry I'm late guy's the car ran out of gas, cell phone battery died couldn't call a cab. city buses are on strike. and I'm just to damn lazy to walk so my mom gave me a ride. :oops: bye Mom I'll call you when our play date is over. :D so where were we oh yeah I confirm ;)
Corporal 1st Class Count Belisle

Postby Count Belisle on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 am

thehippo8 wrote:
betiko wrote:

vote doom for not knowing the difference between the Spirit Elders and wicker

Vote thehippo8 For knowing the difference between the Spirit Elders and wicker,
Corporal 1st Class Count Belisle

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 am

safariguy5 wrote:I hesitate to say that we're up against an elder god like Yog Sothoth or Azathoth. Balance wise, I'd say we're probably up against some sort of cult or a bunch of random monsters as mafia.

It's possible we have a cult as well given the size and flavor, but I cannot say for sure.

Personally I think this will be lots of fun or completely unbalanced like jaks Halo game was.

I used to love H.P. Lovecraft as a kid. Tons and Tons of monsters to choose from. I would think there would have to be cult/several factions as many of the stories revolved around that... worship of the Old Ones ect.

Lots of possibilities game wise.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I hesitate to say that we're up against an elder god like Yog Sothoth or Azathoth. Balance wise, I'd say we're probably up against some sort of cult or a bunch of random monsters as mafia.

Personally I think this will be lots of fun or completely unbalanced like jaks Halo game was.

I used to love H.P. Lovecraft as a kid. Tons and Tons of monsters to choose from. I would think there would have to be cult/several factions as many of the stories revolved around that... worship of the Old Ones ect.

Lots of possibilities game wise.

From my Role PM I am absolutely sure that there is Cult in this game. As for the elder god, I'm not sure he's even in this game as a role. But enough seriousness Vote Safari for even bringing it up in the Joke vote phase.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 am

vote the guy previous me just because!
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 am

vote vodean
YOU KNOW WHY
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 am

I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

Vote Jonty for being a Stoke City fan.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?
Major betiko

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm an American, and I have never heard of H P Lovecroft.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby Rodion on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?

I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.
General Rodion

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm

betiko wrote:

It's not like he's huge in American culture or anything. But if you have ever read a horror novel or watched a scifi horror movie, then I can almost guarantee that it was in one form or another influenced by Lovecraft's works.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Honestly i Wiki'd him but don't know all that much about him. unvote voterodian because hes not giving his normal headache giving wall of text theories. . . :lol: Two Sides A is about the only archived game that i've skimmed after beginning to read it. :-$
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.

unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Rodion wrote:
betiko wrote:

I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

Part of the lore of Lovecraft is the irrelevance of humanity and I remember Call of Cthulla from my college days. If done right It would make a good mafia game.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives