Conquer Club

Periodic Table Mafia: Nonmetals (TOWN) win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [6/13] Night 4: Vodean's Spectra

Postby vodean on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:48 am

sorry guys. i will replace gilli if you need.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby samgrossy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 am

MOD NOTE: Pancakemix will replace Gillipig. Pancakemix will confirm in the thread when he has read this message. Unfortunately, I cannot extend night for this.

Also, if any player has yet to get me any night actions, please PM me them as soon as you can.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby pancakemix on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am

Confirm. With any luck I'll be read up by tonight or tomorrow.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Periodic Table Mafia [5/13] Night 5: Metalloids Find Another

Postby samgrossy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Day 5: Metalloids Find Another Nonmetal

With this morning comes the same noise as yesterday. The elements recognize the sound of the particle accelerator in the basement. They all run downstairs to see who the victim is. One element takes role call in his head on the way down. There are only 5 elements left.

They get to the basement and notice that they do not have to wait long to see the results, as the subatomic particles are just starting to fly through the detector plate. They can immediately count protons that came from the elements nucleus.

They all count, almost in unison. “1, 2, 3, … 8, 9, 10.” And that’s it. No more. No less. They all take a moment to respect the loss of thechuck51, Neon, Vanilla Townie. One element even jokes about how his scumdetector9000 couldn’t save him from the brutal night kill that befell him. They all take a moment, pay their respects, and move back up to the lab.

Here they go again, going to call I.U.P.A.C., notifying them of the two new vacancies. Most of them were sad that they have lost two nonmetals in the past 12 hours. But the metalloid mafia was quietly smirking. The plan to take over the nonmetal side of the periodic table is almost achieved.

Day 5 begins now. With 5 alive, it takes three to lynch.
Deadline for day five is November 14 at 10 PM. That’s 10 days from now.
Last edited by samgrossy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [5/13] Day 5: Metalloids Find Anoth

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Okay. So, I have no case, but since doom you lead the charge against vode, and the other person who was lynched was the other "initiator", then I think youre a mafia, only a guess, but its all i got at this point. You're the scummiest in my eyes. This game is down to chance. VOTE DOOM YOSHI
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Yeah, NS seems innocent to me. So it's down to hippo or DoomYoshi.

Gillipig/pancake is innocent, because there was a night action but Gillipig was removed for inactivity. Therefore, the remaining goon could not have been Gillipig.

I'm suspicious of both hippo and Doom. Guess it won't hurt to take a day to think about it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby pancakemix on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Alright, here are my thoughts. Bear in mind, I kept these in a word doc as I read the thread and had no plans of going back and editing them. That said, here we go:

NoSurvivors wrote:Hey girl.. Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you are CuTe ;)

Random thought: I think Boron is a roleblocker because it bores people :p ( I guess not all the chemistry jokes argon. Oh snap TWOFER!).

DoomYoshi wrote:Only problem with nameclaiming is that sam may have given more powerful roles to more powerful elements.

Judging by the current state of things, this game is purely a low power level affair. I’m thinking Carbon was the cop solely because it’s the most common element.

Page 10: Wasn’t aware up to this point that this game was a precon variant. That has some interesting implications on what’s left in the game:

Carbon was a cop. Not a 1 shot, a Cop. That means we have CC.

T = 5. Serial Killer, Godfather, and Cop existing make that the most likely option. That makes our setup TTTTTCC. If there’s a power role remaining, we’re at LYLO, so if you’re out there that’s something to consider.

Sorry if I’m retreading old ground, like I said I’m only on page 10.

Dukasaur wrote:EBWOP... before anyone calls me a liar, I guess technically this is my fourth mafia game, not third. I forgot about the one night I spent as a reserve in one game, where I got killed before I woke up that morning. :lol:

This better not happen to me.

[quote=”DoomYoshi”]So in the end, you raised points that I already raised against me. There is a chance that the metalloids have fakeclaims. There is also a chance that power roles are based on element. After deliberating, I realized that those chances were not very high. The concept behind a nameclaim tomorrow is that we will then be able to decipher the scene text.[/quote]

Kind of a bastard move to give fake claims in a basic setup, don’t you think?

Page 15: Why is everyone claiming? I guess they’re all dead except NoS so it’s a moot point, but still…

Page 20: Betiko had it coming. I’m realy not sure what he did to get to that point, but he got far too defensive.

Also, it’s fairly clear why I’m replacing Gillipig…

Page 21: Oh, he claimed. Thanks for that…

Page 24: Fucking waste of time… Note to self: Gillipig is a complete troll.

Actually, I don’t know why I’m replacing right now. I’m amazed you didn’t lynch Gillipig…

Page 26: Getting bad vibes from Doom. His case on Betiko was “There’s nothing better”. The he starts directing a massclaim. He suggested the notion of fakeclaims, so there’s a possibility he knows for a fact that scum has one.

Page 27: Betiko was directing it too.

I really hate massclaims. They totally ruin the game. Even if it is just for flavor, but it just sucks all fun out of trying to solve things. Especially when mods put so much effort into coming up with setups. This game is different in that sense, because this is a precon setup, but still, it ruins the game and happens far too frequently.

Page 30: It’s occurring to me that the next two days happened in the span of 6 pages. That’s disconcerting.

Chuck is totally mailing it in. Also, kinda going for the easy route after Betiko started getting sarcastic.

Page 33: Maybe I shouldn’t have been so disconcerted. Logic was at work. / got caught with his pants down and vodean had it coming (vodean always has it coming).

Page 35: Yeah, I don’t like that quick switch from hippo. It’s like, “This is the easy route. No, wait, it’s this”. Baaaad juju there.

So that’s it. Clearly, I had some hindsight, but not a lot. A lot of my thoughts have already been stated, but they came as I read.

Hippo is probably the best starting point today. That vote just seems sneaky.

Vote Hippo
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 am

Fair call pancake, I regret that immensely. Actually this game has been a headspin the whole way through. I don't think I've made a good judgement call the entire game so I can see why you are concerned. I'll take it on the chin for those reasons (and again lessoned learned the hard way ... sigh ... again) ... I think I just get itchy scratchy in these sorts of set ups! Anyway, I can't defend the indefensible - I was a twit through and through. Looking back, though, I have been suspicious of Doom for ages. So, two horse race, the idiot or the scum!!

Vote Doom.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby samgrossy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 am

MOD NOTE: WE HAVE A PLAYER AT L-1, DOOMYOSHI

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 am

It's not as simple as you seem to think.

NoS, you actually pointed out that it was vodean who was trying to protect /. So your case on me is 100% backwards.
Hippo is trying to paint this picture that it must be me or him. That is dangerous thinking.

Right now I am torn between Dukasaur and hippo. Leaning more towards Dukasaur for laying low during many crucial discussions. Certainly if he hammers, make sure to run him up tomorrow. I am going to re-read through hippo's reactions to various things and get back to this.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

DoomYoshi wrote:It's not as simple as you seem to think.

NoS, you actually pointed out that it was vodean who was trying to protect /. So your case on me is 100% backwards.

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, vodean didn't want a / lynch... should we start there? Also, I still have noted that vodean was laying low on day 1. If I get time this weekend, I will look through the lists and compare who is likeliest to be scum and who not.

OH REALLY NAO?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am

NoSurvivors wrote:

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, vodean didn't want a / lynch... should we start there? Also, I still have noted that vodean was laying low on day 1. If I get time this weekend, I will look through the lists and compare who is likeliest to be scum and who not.

OH REALLY NAO?

EBWOP

Bolded important parts here..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Hippo is trying to paint this picture that it must be me or him. That is dangerous thinking.

Right now I am torn between Dukasaur and hippo. Leaning more towards Dukasaur for laying low during many crucial discussions. Certainly if he hammers, make sure to run him up tomorrow. I am going to re-read through hippo's reactions to various things and get back to this.

Yeah, I seriously don't trust you either. I got nothing from Dukasaur through my whole read, but you and hippo are my only two suspects left alive.

I'm happy with either of you getting hung today considering we should have two days left (today included), so give me one good reason why I shouldn't switch my vote to you right now.
Epic Win

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [7/13] Day 4: Good Sleep, Bad Start

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:

How would not wanting to lynch an SK help anyone?? lol. He would'nt know / was an SK, mafia doesn't know that.. just sayin ;)

Just to further prove your skimming (or just blatant silliness on the bit)..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [9/13] Day 3: Nonmetals Get Nervous

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:06 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I can't diagree on the 5 T's - and nice responses NoS (excuse the irony)! Anyway, I never voted on you I was just saying :roll: ANyway, seems that the only case in town is /'s and I really can't come up with anything better (no matter how hard I want to) so ... unvote (if needed) vote /.

I didn't say you voted me.. Vode just tried to get a case going against me using your post (btw if / pops town ill be re reading your replies vode) and in turn kinda looked a bit like protecting /. Now if / pops town, I'll be curious at chuck and I know vode's gunning for me, sooooo it's a risk yea, but not like we have much else lol..

I misremembered this post.

What happened to your hippo suspicions NoS?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Periodic Table Mafia [9/13] Day 3: Nonmetals Get Nervous

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I can't diagree on the 5 T's - and nice responses NoS (excuse the irony)! Anyway, I never voted on you I was just saying :roll: ANyway, seems that the only case in town is /'s and I really can't come up with anything better (no matter how hard I want to) so ... unvote (if needed) vote /.

I didn't say you voted me.. Vode just tried to get a case going against me using your post (btw if / pops town ill be re reading your replies vode) and in turn kinda looked a bit like protecting /. Now if / pops town, I'll be curious at chuck and I know vode's gunning for me, sooooo it's a risk yea, but not like we have much else lol..

I misremembered this post.

What happened to your hippo suspicions NoS?

:lol: The post about "having weird vibes"? That was just me making fun of hippo a bit ;). But yeah, he's the scummiest guy here other than you IMO. Then its maybe me, since I am doing a lot of the finger pointing.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Vote Count, Day 5.1

Postby samgrossy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Vote Count, Day 5.1

DoomYoshi - (2) NoSurvivors, thehippo8 L-1
thehippo8 - (1) pancakemix L-2

Not Voting - (2) Dukasaur, DoomYoshi

A PLAYER IS AT L-1

To make gameplay easier for players, the player(s) closest to lynch at the time of vote count will be in red bold

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 5 is 10 PM EST, November 14. That's 9 days from now.

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Well duck, looks like its up to you! GL with your decision.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm having a real hard time with this.

Definitely hippo or Doom, and can't be both.

Both were in favour of the massclaim, which I think did more harm than good, and both ended up claiming fairly late in the pack. Both have posted incorrect information at times, but in both cases it can be explained as honest mistakes. Both were in there in the false cases against betiko and /, but I thought the case against / was pretty solid myself, so I can't fault them for that one.

I'm going to go with hippo for now. My reasoning is a rather circumstantial WIFOM. Vodean posted no defense when he was falsely accused, and turned out to be innocent. The next day hippo is accused, and he thinks to himself "the memory of the false lynch against vodean is fresh in their minds, they won't want to make the same mistake two days in a row. I'll post no defense and I'll rely on their self-doubt to save me." At least, that is how I see it. Of course it's very WIFOMY, but it's the best I got.

vote hippo

My apologies if I'm wrong.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Ok, hopefully we win now.

vote hippo
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Well, we ought to have another day anyway unless a PR lied. If you did, that was dumb, I'm telling you right now.
Epic Win

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, hopefully we win now.

vote hippo

Forgot the colour.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Which is just as well because with my demise town fails. Sorry Doom if you are confused - but maybe there is a reason why you would say that? Anyway, well done scum ... we must be at lylo so this will be it ... sigh!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Which is just as well because with my demise town fails. Sorry Doom if you are confused - but maybe there is a reason why you would say that? Anyway, well done scum ... we must be at lylo so this will be it ... sigh!

Back up, jack.

Unvote

What are you talking about?
Epic Win

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 pm

pancakemix wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Which is just as well because with my demise town fails. Sorry Doom if you are confused - but maybe there is a reason why you would say that? Anyway, well done scum ... we must be at lylo so this will be it ... sigh!

Back up, jack.

Unvote

What are you talking about?

too late...... dumb arses.. lol.. its a lynch... gg doom
Colonel NoSurvivors

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives