Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Two: A New Dawn

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

well whatever, if you don't want to you don't want to. how could he possibly punish us in another way? becoming undead insane culted unvoter?
Major betiko

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

It really doesn't matter what the paradox would do. We just know its bad and there's no reason to attempt it. If someone is willing to attempt it, then I am firmly against that. I would rather put my vote on someone else than agree to a lynch that would cause a paradox.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

betiko wrote:well whatever, if you don't want to you don't want to. how could he possibly punish us in another way? becoming undead insane culted unvoter?

That or he could give us post restrictions, which thats hell if I ever did know it.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:27 pm

soundman wrote:
edocsil wrote:PCM. You are anti town, you death has been posted, and you were a night so we know it. However, I assume you will not be "dead" dead until we pass the day we were once at. I don't see how we can listen to anything you have to say for the rest of the game.

I thought we covered this. Night =\= scum.

I have another interpretation of the scene. In a traditional mafia game at LYLO by lynching town mafia would then kill that last needed town and win. Since we were at LYLO (theoretically) could it be that PCM is town and because we lynched him mafia made the final kill on the future Night 6?

um.. didnt we say that night does not necessarily mean scum? Because I can prove that all nights arent scum (after reading my role pm again.. wish I had earlier..)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I can concur.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:+ what happens in case of paradox)

I don't think we should expirment what happens in a paradox; it could backfire horribly and in Dr. Who - paradoxes are bad.

do you really think doom would kill all voters??? that would be terribly ballanced!! I really think only the hammer could get into trouble. is there any strange role that can switch voter orrder?

Not, that I'm aware of but in Dr. Who paradoxes often mean the end of the universe as the impossible is happening which ofteNBOOM!!n means

This is not Dr Who. You can talk time paradox all you want but there is only a finite number of possibles in how it would effect our game. The one that comes to mind is death to a player. I am one of those who will touch something that has a wet paint sign on it.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Well personally I am a bit for and against it. Because we know who day 1 and 2 are, so technically if one of us volunteered to be lynched (should PCM turn out to be town) could we just lynch me (lynching vodean may cause gregwolf to still be here) and then technically it would go to day 2 and then PCM would be alive, scum (greg) would be dead, and I would be dead. I think what is coming into vision is that we must find (since Day 6 was lylo, therefore last day) Night 6 and lynch them last, and they will likely be scum and then that will have put the entire thing together from Day 1 to Night 6 and town should win. Right?

Kanin Usagi wrote:It really doesn't matter what the paradox would do. We just know its bad and there's no reason to attempt it. If someone is willing to attempt it, then I am firmly against that. I would rather put my vote on someone else than agree to a lynch that would cause a paradox.

FOS. We dont KNOW anything for sure. It could technically be the only way to kill players we suspect to be mafia that are past day 1.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

I like the thought, but I doubt the scum will be night 6 because then the game would technically be over and we would have lynched the wrong person right? Correct me if Im wrong.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 pm

new guy1 wrote:I like the thought, but I doubt the scum will be night 6 because then the game would technically be over and we would have lynched the wrong person right? Correct me if Im wrong.

Well technically, Day 6 was called LYLO? So then there are 3 possible things that I can currently think of.

1. Night 6 is mafia and ultimately we must lynch them in the end to end the time jumps (or effectively win the game in whatever way we must do so).
2. Night 6 is actually town and thats why there was a ? at the end of LYLO in that title.
3. Im just completely crazy and should shut up.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am

ghostly447 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I like the thought, but I doubt the scum will be night 6 because then the game would technically be over and we would have lynched the wrong person right? Correct me if Im wrong.

Well technically, Day 6 was called LYLO? So then there are 3 possible things that I can currently think of.

1. Night 6 is mafia and ultimately we must lynch them in the end to end the time jumps (or effectively win the game in whatever way we must do so).
2. Night 6 is actually town and thats why there was a ? at the end of LYLO in that title.
3. Im just completely crazy and should shut up.

I think you're reading too much into the question mark. I'd say Day Seven is the latest time in the game we have. And I'm still against paradox testing.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 pm

OK we lynched Greg, who was mafia and we went immediately into day 6 the assumption being he was night 5.

We lynched PCM and instead of dying we are day two.

We have not had a night and this is our third day.
We have been told that to lynch PCM again would create a paradox, whose consequences are unknown but not good.

At this point of the game it is almost impossible to surmise who is who other then blind luck and scum tells.

I suspect that PCM was saved either because it was built into his role or mafia had a way to prevent it IF indeed he is mafia.

On the third day all we are really doing is spinning our wheels and going wtf happened. Re lynching PCM appears not to be an option.

I am of the opinion that we should claim our role names/day/ numbers. We can start from there and if anyone false claims they will be called on it.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

I for one am for iron butterfly's idea, but I am also against it because I always hate mass claims, as it ruins the spirit of the game...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 pm

new guy1 wrote:I for one am for iron butterfly's idea, but I am also against it because I always hate mass claims, as it ruins the spirit of the game...

I agree with you. However it is either that or we will be random lynching.

Also it is a name claim not a role claim.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm

betiko wrote:Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.

I agree with this. If we give out our D/N numbers then Maf can easily give us back-to-back nights. If we don't claim then they have to take a chance for another day each kill attempt.
There's no real benefit to claiming and a lot of harm can come from it.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 pm

betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.

So the what idea do you have other then guessing?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:i absolutely don't agree with the idea. and i don't get why you ask yourself questions about someting that is pure logic. If someone dies in 2012, and you time travel to 2011, that person is not dead yet. Giving our day number is the most stupid thing we can do as mafia can plot in which order to kill people, even more important than the powers people may have.

Good ol' scumhuntig
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 pm

betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

let me put it another way. Didn't you get a scum on day 1? do we think pcm was a misslynch? what good would it bring to have mafia knowing all the day and night sequences? What good night roles do we have out there?? As far as I know, I haven't seen any night role. I stay on NOS who seem far from his meta in my opinion.

Day one was pure luck because of inexperience on his part.

So tell me how do you think the day and night sequences work? If we are in day because PCM is night then the only way to kill PCM would be because we either have a role that can night kill or we need to....wait for it...wait...GO BACK TO THE FUTUREEEE!!!
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

So tell me how do you think the day and night sequences work? If we are in day because PCM is night then the only way to kill PCM would be because we either have a role that can night kill or we need to....wait for it...wait...GO BACK TO THE FUTUREEEE!!!

I think the only way to kill pcm is for us to lynch N6 or D7, and hopefully he will stay dead.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

I think the only way to kill pcm is for us to lynch N6 or D7, and hopefully he will stay dead.

I suspect the only way for permanent deaths is to fill in all the in between days.

GW got lynched on Day 1. Since there's no point in time before Day 1 GW is perma-lynched.
PCM got lynched Day 6, so he's alive and protected for Days/Nights 1-5.
Whoever gets lynched today will be perma-lynched as well (with the exception of making a N1 action if they have one)
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Nendreel wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
betiko wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

I suspect the only way for permanent deaths is to fill in all the in between days.

GW got lynched on Day 1. Since there's no point in time before Day 1 GW is perma-lynched.
PCM got lynched Day 6, so he's alive and protected for Days/Nights 1-5.
Whoever gets lynched today will be perma-lynched as well (with the exception of making a N1 action if they have one)

of course it goes like that, at least it's what makes sense to me. if we kill night 6 today, we will be warped to day 7 and PCM will be dead that day. but then on day 7 if we lynch let's say day 4, we get warped to night 4 where PCM is back and he gets to do his politician action. Lynched/night killed people should always come back on day/nights before their kill and disapear if we go somewhere in time after their death.
This still doesn't solve my doubt. We have played 3 days so far (1,6,2) and we know that these are vodean, iron and ghostly in this order. If vodean is killed today for example, where in time would we go.. night 2? or night1? PCM is alive right now so night 1 still exists at this time. Would be a different story if we were say 7 where PCM wouldn't be in the game......
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:07 pm

I do not see how the game can be played that way. I am day six. I find it hard to believe that I can be lynched or nite killed but still come back before day 6.

Town could be night..some would have to be. Right now the theory is still based on circumstantial evidence. We do not know if mafia did something to save PCM, which is also a possibility.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:56 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I do not see how the game can be played that way. I am day six. I find it hard to believe that I can be lynched or nite killed but still come back before day 6.

Town could be night..some would have to be. Right now the theory is still based on circumstantial evidence. We do not know if mafia did something to save PCM, which is also a possibility.

Hmm, but the thing is he got lynched and we warped. Its not like there was a governor who stopped a lynch or a mafia doctor saving his comrade.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I do not see how the game can be played that way. I am day six. I find it hard to believe that I can be lynched or nite killed but still come back before day 6.

well, i think your comments are starting to be all quite odd, I wonder why you are trying to missguide us like that. Doom clearly said it would create a paradox implicitely confirming this theory is correct. You've aknoledged that (wanting to try the paradox) and suddenly since a page or 2 you are playing dumb as if someone had to save pcm in order for him to be alive before his death... :?

tell me how it would create a paradox if it was just a simple mechanics game. Do you see anything in the scene that could make you believe pcm was saved by someone??

And of course all town are not days, some have to be "night" (this has been agreed a long time ago.. there isn't going to be 7 town and 6 scums, and it would be way too simple in case of mass nameclaim) but i don't see what it has to do with the rest of this kill/paradox conversation. NOS and NG1 softclaimed night by the way which is a huge help for scums.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives