Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [13/13] Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 am

Vote Count

Kanin Usagi (1) - edocsil
vodean (1) - edoc
edoc (3) - betiko, Iron Butterfly, vodean
soundman (1) - new guy1
soundman (1) - Nendreel
betiko (1) - jonty125

Not Voting - , NoSurvivors, gregwolf121, , Kanin, ghost, pancakemix, soundman

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (or a majority at deadline).
Deadline is Thursday. (2 days left)

6 players without a vote.
This means 9 players agree to have edocsil lynched on Thursday.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Honestly I am at a toss up. I do think edoc has made far better rebuddles than betiko has, but I don't think I want to place a vote yet.. IB was right. your vote means more in this game than in others.

Well through not voting, you are supporting a lynch on edoc.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 pm

jonty125 wrote:unvote, vote betiko for suggesting a claim from someone based on jokevotes and voting edoc for being a smart-ass which is not a crime.

I disagree with edoc's logic, but he actually doesn't vote for betiko or vodean he just puts an idea out there.

this just makes me laugh. Another example of circular argument as edoc would say. In this game more than any other there isn't going to be time for any case on day 1, scumarining is the best thing to do for everyone. I know all my votes so far have been for stupid reasons (jokevote+post jokevote stages), but you all know that your vote no matter what will be for stupid reasons. A claim will make us start somewhere. I'd rather make someone claim randomly than lynch someone randomly.
Everyone of us is just going to try not to be the one lynched, and it's in our personal interest to bandwagon on someone cause there is little time.
Anyway, here we are again with the stupid and time consuming discution about day 1 claims... We obviously have more chances of killing a townie statistically but at least let's try to learn something, cause we don't have the choice of no lynching.
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

edocsil wrote:Betiko, you just used a circular argument. There is nothing random about my suggested lynch (also for the record, I would chose vodean over you, you tend to be a far calmer player. I suggested a culling of the weak so to speak. If I wanted a RL I would have just unvoted and let the night come. If I was scum, that's what I should do anyhow. A RL favors scum and everyone fucking knows it. I want to stop a RL at all costs.

Lulwut? Betiko is not a calm player. He ALWAYS jumps at the first sign of a case on him. The game I remember most is Arkham where he claimed bomb. He got such a strong case on him BECAUSE he got pissed at the first sign of a case and started going off on errbody. So with that I Vote Edoc for knowing the only cases today will be made of meta, but yet messing up on the meta of another player by goign 180 degrees in the wrong direction. I dont know why, but you arent seeming like the same player either Edoc. Something jsut doesnt feel right here. Call it my gut, but for whatever reason you just dont seem to be following your meta.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Ghostly's correct. You've absolutely got your meta wrong on this one, edoc. Now you're finding out why no one wanted to suggest that kind of thing: it's a one-way ticket to the gallows. Also, saying someone is not likely to contribute is an easy way to get them to vote you.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm

I wouldnt say he's finding out, because he knew nobody wanted to do it so he must have predicted it was a possibility. Im not voting for edoc as I know (and you probably can tell from my past meta) I say dumb shit on day one and get more shit for it, so I can understand that he was trying to get the game moving and it ended badly because of his wording. Therefore, I will just keep my vote where it is. I do agree with ghost however that he did go completely 180 on the meta of Betiko, but at this point it seems he will get lynched with or without my vote.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Its not that he said it, its that he completely messed up Betiko's meta when he has meta on basically everyone and has experienced Betiko's first hand.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 pm

edocsil wrote:I would rather die then even bother claiming for the crap that you three think you can pull.

A. Both of my subjects directly OMGUSed. This completely validates my claim that they are the worst players in the game and use little logic for their votes
B. IB, your point is invalid. Idgaf that there is a "case" of jokes on vode, it's irrelevant to my opinion. Call me a Liar if you can, Who has the worst Meta for saying things at the worst of times, and forcing us to hang them?
C.
i'll vote edoc for playing more out of character.
Wtf? This is totally withing my meta. I'm a dick, and I will always sacrifice another player then myself in RL.

Actually it seems you are the one who has said the worst thing, which ruins your premise on both Betiko and Vodean.

The goal is not to lynch unless we have some certainty that we are lynching scum. We all know on day one that is very hard but not impossible.

Unless you claim you will most likely be lynched. If you want to play to your meta by being a dick, well that's your right and only will only reinforce your meta. Why you revel in your dickishness is beyond me but who am I to dictate your play style.

Contrary to what some players have expressed about day one claims I for one believe day one claims are very important. They supply a starting point to focus on for a variety of reasons.

Edocsil you know what is needed. What happens to you is on your shoulders.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Contrary to what some players have expressed about day one claims I for one believe day one claims are very important. They supply a starting point to focus on for a variety of reasons.

I'd agree with this sentiment but there is a danger of falling into a mass claim if it gets out of hand. It's better to take the info you have sometimes and NL (not an option here, but my point stands).

I'd agree that edoc's only course of action now is to claim. It probably won't save him, but it'll give him the chance.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Vote Count

vodean (1) - edoc
edoc (5) - betiko, Iron Butterfly, vodean, ghostly, anon. L-2
soundman (1) - new guy1
soundman (1) - Nendreel
betiko (1) - jonty125

Not Voting - , NoSurvivors, gregwolf121, Kanin, pancakemix, soundman

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (or a majority at deadline).
Deadline is Tomorrow!

5 players without a vote.
This means 10 players agree to have edocsil lynched on Thursday.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Requesting a 24 hour extension on the deadline to allow edoc to actually claim and us to at the very least evaluate it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
edocsil wrote:Betiko, you just used a circular argument. There is nothing random about my suggested lynch (also for the record, I would chose vodean over you, you tend to be a far calmer player. I suggested a culling of the weak so to speak. If I wanted a RL I would have just unvoted and let the night come. If I was scum, that's what I should do anyhow. A RL favors scum and everyone fucking knows it. I want to stop a RL at all costs.

Lulwut? Betiko is not a calm player. He ALWAYS jumps at the first sign of a case on him. The game I remember most is Arkham where he claimed bomb. He got such a strong case on him BECAUSE he got pissed at the first sign of a case and started going off on errbody. So with that I Vote Edoc for knowing the only cases today will be made of meta, but yet messing up on the meta of another player by goign 180 degrees in the wrong direction. I dont know why, but you arent seeming like the same player either Edoc. Something jsut doesnt feel right here. Call it my gut, but for whatever reason you just dont seem to be following your meta.

Lol. Calmer than vode? Of course he is Its not saying much, but I think betio is the better of the two. Vode is just scummy. All the time. So here is how this is going to go.

A. I won't claim. There is no point really. We all know this is a power mafia. You know I have a good role, and if I am scum I have a simple, impossible to disprove fake. No night actions to verify, nothing. There is nothing I could claim that I could use to prove my innocence. If I was scum, I would just claim doc, force a CC and laugh at you all.

B. A Question to all of you claiming I am out of my meta. How so? What Is my Meta? How am I acting different from it? If you don't give me a clear answer I will tell you what I believe what my meta to be, but you all can see the bias in that.

C. Jesus. Look at this quote. Read it thoroughly. This is the only part of my argument i cannot afford you to skim.

There is nothing random about my suggested lynch (also for the record, I would chose vodean over you, you tend to be a far calmer player.

What does this say. It says that of the two Betico is calmer the Vodean. Not that Betico is calm. Nice job ghostly and others.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Interesting, looks like there is a vote manipulator in play. Edoc seems to have gotten an anonymous vote.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Very nice eyes, I completely looked over it, Im guessing a double voter.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Fast posted quite a bit.

pancakemix wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Contrary to what some players have expressed about day one claims I for one believe day one claims are very important. They supply a starting point to focus on for a variety of reasons.

I'd agree with this sentiment but there is a danger of falling into a mass claim if it gets out of hand. It's better to take the info you have sometimes and NL (not an option here, but my point stands).

I'd agree that edoc's only course of action now is to claim. It probably won't save him, but it'll give him the chance.

Hence why I am more likely to just give the finger, see my above argument. I have fairly definitively proven my points, and show how all of those voting me are wrong or misguided. If that isn't enough, my claim won't help. I'll point the blame as I see fit before I die. I can guess a few of the people on the wagon who are town, and frankly should be embarrassed of themselves, I can also name one person who I can be sure is scum to a fair degree of certainty. However, I doubt I can steer the wagon at them within 24 hours.

Can anyone give me a truly compelling reason to claim? I throw you a few bones here.

I am town power.
I am not the doc.
I am of limited use and possibly abused by the scum if my exact role is known.

I can't really give much else then that.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm

new guy1 wrote:Very nice eyes, I completely looked over it, Im guessing a double voter.

Yes, and if it isn't ghostly's it's a scum DV/secret voter so be careful.
Edoc'sil

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, give me the player you think is scum, and since Im not going for your case, I will put my vote on them. That way, if town decides to lynch you, no harm no foul. If we decide we will pursue him, it's one less vote that you must gather to turn it around.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Unvote Vote NoS. Well defended Edoc. I havent seen NoS post so far, and the last time I didnt see him posting, he was mafia GF (if I do recall. IF I am correct then it was a pirate one).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm

new guy1 wrote:Well, give me the player you think is scum, and since Im not going for your case, I will put my vote on them. That way, if town decides to lynch you, no harm no foul. If we decide we will pursue him, it's one less vote that you must gather to turn it around.

IB. He is really the one person I didn't expect to get on the wagon. I can't legitimately tell you to hang him for a pure gut instinct, but if I had a inv/block/other toys I personally would be inclined to it on him tonight.
Edoc'sil

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm

I will vote IB like I said I would.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 pm

edocsil wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Well, give me the player you think is scum, and since Im not going for your case, I will put my vote on them. That way, if town decides to lynch you, no harm no foul. If we decide we will pursue him, it's one less vote that you must gather to turn it around.

IB. He is really the one person I didn't expect to get on the wagon. I can't legitimately tell you to hang him for a pure gut instinct, but if I had a inv/block/other toys I personally would be inclined to it on him tonight.

LOL an OMGYS vote via proxy. I put pressure on you for the simple reason of how you played Vodian and Betiko. What I am about to say is not personal but I have always hated the elitist attitude of certain players who seem to think that it is OK to sacrifice other players because they deem their play is not on par with those who have more experience. They are not good enough to sit at the cool table so they are most expendable.

Your reasoning was if there must be a random lynch then lets lynch them. You even top it off by stating "better them then me" as you choose to create your own luck. You also seemed to have indicated that the joke votes were some how a reasonable reason to lynch, which makes no sense.

You more then anyone must recognize that those who joke voted and then did not remove their votes while Vodian dangled in the wind on the way to a lynch was perhaps the biggest red flag to date. The reason I voted you is that you didn't Vote for your own case.

Here is the kicker I have no idea weather your a bad guy or not. You have however seemed to have given study to jgordon1111, which i find amusing. Its the f*ck you, screw you guy,s I'm not claiming because I refuse to play by your rules.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:00 am

Unvote vote Gregwolf

I was trying to make a point and get a claim from Edoc as there really has not been leads.

However After my above post I saw that Gregwolf has not posted or contributed anything. If I had to choose between Edocsil and Gregwolf to lynch I would choose Gregwolf.

If you wish to save Edoc then vote Gregwolf. If it comes down to random lynching, which in essence is what day one has been about then lynch the inactive.

I would suggest Vodean and Betiko remove their vote on Edoc.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby soundman on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 am

new guy1 wrote:
soundman wrote:Unvote. Well no one has done anything suspicious yet so that leaves us with a random lynch. It's looking like Vodean is going to be the target at this point. I say if he has an important role then he should claim.

Well if you want to do a random lynch, then why dont you look at Edocsil's alternative? He posted right above you suggesting vodean/betiko and you seem to be settled for just random lynching vodean. Since from past experience vodean wont claim and will likely take the lynch, I would rather look into betiko because if we discover he is a PR or something then we can always gather enough pressure to lynch vodean in the end. This is a relatively silent game, so I guess it needs to start somewhere, vote soundman for being content with a random lynch.

Really? Did you even read what I said? Have you read the rules? We don't have a choice, we HAVE TO random lynch today. Why? Because the mod won't allow a no lynch! At the time of the above post we had no Night Actions (duh, it's Day 1), no scum tells and a fast approaching deadline. Vodean had the most votes so logically we should just get a claim from him since he's as good as anyone else.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 am

Iron Butterfly wrote: Unvote vote Gregwolf

I was trying to make a point and get a claim from Edoc as there really has not been leads.

However After my above post I saw that Gregwolf has not posted or contributed anything. If I had to choose between Edocsil and Gregwolf to lynch I would choose Gregwolf.

If you wish to save Edoc then vote Gregwolf. If it comes down to random lynching, which in essence is what day one has been about then lynch the inactive.

any reason everyone is just following whatever edoc says and defending him? i feel like edoc basically just said "f*ck you all" and we were like "yup, f*ck us hard". edoc has not presented any form of adequate defense, and his claim had premises that i disagree with, and conclusions which i dont believe. i really dont know what the hel new guy is doing, but he needs to stop.
and soundman there is a difference between a random lynch and a D1 lynch. thats what cases are for.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:09 am

vodean wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote: Unvote vote Gregwolf

any reason everyone is just following whatever edoc says and defending him? i feel like edoc basically just said "f*ck you all" and we were like "yup, f*ck us hard". edoc has not presented any form of adequate defense, and his claim had premises that i disagree with, and conclusions which i dont believe. i really dont know what the hel new guy is doing, but he needs to stop.
and soundman there is a difference between a random lynch and a D1 lynch. thats what cases are for.

Its your vote and Edocsil made his own bed.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives