Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [13/13] Day Two

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:32 pm

rishaed wrote:I had more than once softclaimed a PR >.> believe me or not. I was trying to be subtle about it, but you guys started to BW me. As for sacrificing a VT for a true PR, that is in no way's silly. PR's give town investigatives and a Vote, while I can only vote. If I can make the Mafia NK me then why wouldn't I. Plus I never got to L-2, which as a PR would be the point of claiming. I was at L-3 for awhile, but never L-2. As for Community character's I honestly don't have an idea on who's who. . . 8-[ . What else do you expect? Telling town "Hey I'm a VT trying to look like a PR so scum will NK me!" Scum would laugh and go NK someone else. :lol: Its also why I claimed at the start of D2 so we could go elsewhere. :)

Except that a good number of people did end up thinking that you were scummy for your iffy actions in Day 1, rather than a townie PR. So we can't be sure whether the scum saw it your way, or ours.

Since we're getting nowhere after rishaed's VT claim, I'd like to point out that Commander, blakebowling, Iron Butterfly, Metsfanmax and Little Witt have been awfully quiet for Day 2 so far, while Hank and gregwolf have only made single inconsequential posts at the start of the day. That's 7 out of the 13 of us keeping silent.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:49 am

i've got nothing to go on, my only thoght has been that rishaed confession, could indicate jester, but his telling us, doesnt' make sense, so in reality i got nothing
Captain gregwolf121

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
rishaed wrote:True. Seeing as either Mafia targeted me and I got saved/ Mafia was roleblocked/Mafia targeted someone else and they got saved. . . I don't want to waste today so I'll claim. I am Magnitude Town VT. I was trying to get Mafia to go for a NK on me last night, however it seems like that failed, but I'm not to unhappy with that result.
fp'd by Hank
?? What? :-s

Your strategy and claim doesn't really make sense. Are you asserting that by being ambiguous about your role (D1) and drawing attention to yourself would make you a target for the maf NK and that by being VT this would benefit town since no power role is lost? That's silly. You would probably be numero uno for watchers, trackers, etc., since you didn't claim yesterday and no scum would chance that for a seemingly small payoff.

And now you're claiming a somewhat minor character as VT at the start of D2, as well as a stratagem attempt ex post facto.

-Tails

Would watchers, trackers etc really think like that? It seems to me they could think that precisely for that reason they need not waste the night on watching rishaed.

It's most likely that the player who draws the most attention during the day gets the most night actions directed at him/her during the night, especially during the first day when tells and vibes haven't been fully sussed out yet. This is just what has occurred in the vast majority of the many games I've played. A watcher would be prudent to watch such a player (in this case rishaed) to gather the most information (could learn who is cop, who is ___, etc...), and is probably the worst choice for scum kill.

rishaed wrote:I had more than once softclaimed a PR >.> believe me or not. I was trying to be subtle about it, but you guys started to BW me. As for sacrificing a VT for a true PR, that is in no way's silly. PR's give town investigatives and a Vote, while I can only vote. If I can make the Mafia NK me then why wouldn't I. Plus I never got to L-2, which as a PR would be the point of claiming. I was at L-3 for awhile, but never L-2. As for Community character's I honestly don't have an idea on who's who. . . 8-[ . What else do you expect? Telling town "Hey I'm a VT trying to look like a PR so scum will NK me!" Scum would laugh and go NK someone else. :lol: Its also why I claimed at the start of D2 so we could go elsewhere. :)

K. Still doesn't counter what I was saying. Basically I would FoS'ing you.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 am

ebwop:

I wrote:Basically I wouldam FoS'ing you.

lol grammar fail.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

rishaed wrote: What else do you expect? Telling town "Hey I'm a VT trying to look like a PR so scum will NK me!" Scum would laugh and go NK someone else. :lol: Its also why I claimed at the start of D2 so we could go elsewhere. :)

On D1 or D2, this is simply trying too hard. Unless scum think you are really stupid, they're not going to go for an obvious and supposedly intentional slip of a PR. I contend that actually you got the opposite of what you want, because everyone knows that as a VT part of your job is to draw suspicion off the power roles. So this argument fails to convince me.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
rishaed wrote: What else do you expect? Telling town "Hey I'm a VT trying to look like a PR so scum will NK me!" Scum would laugh and go NK someone else. :lol: Its also why I claimed at the start of D2 so we could go elsewhere. :)

On D1 or D2, this is simply trying too hard. Unless scum think you are really stupid, they're not going to go for an obvious and supposedly intentional slip of a PR. I contend that actually you got the opposite of what you want, because everyone knows that as a VT part of your job is to draw suspicion off the power roles. So this argument fails to convince me.

I agree, worse case scenario rish can do his job as a VT and take a lynch for the team. besides, i'm not 100% convinced of his claim...
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 am

I have no knowledge of the flavour; so I can't comment on how obscure or not rishead's character is.

I'll say what I said yesterday regarding him, WCS is not that bad, lynching a VT and I would support it; but, not yet, I'd rather see a case today before resorting to a rishaed lynch.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 am

jonty125 wrote:I have no knowledge of the flavour; so I can't comment on how obscure or not rishead's character is.

Flavour, that must be a local Mafia expression? At least I haven't heard it before.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have no knowledge of the flavour; so I can't comment on how obscure or not rishead's character is.

Flavour, that must be a local Mafia expression? At least I haven't heard it before.

Flavour is just another word for theme.
Cook jonty125

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 am

Sorry about my absence earlier in the day (I was actually prodded about it as well ;)). I've been working on a new project and I'll admit I kind of forgot about this game. I'll take some time to read up on the thread and post my thoughts (hopefully by tomorrow).
Private blakebowling

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm

No offence, but your story is way weaker now than it was before, rishaed. Before day 2, I was not completely sure what to make of it all, but now it just seems that you are a scum who accidentally attracted too much attention and now is trying to find some sort of explanation that would tailor to your behaviour.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Commander9 wrote:No offence, but your story is way weaker now than it was before, rishaed. Before day 2, I was not completely sure what to make of it all, but now it just seems that you are a scum who accidentally attracted too much attention and now is trying to find some sort of explanation that would tailor to your behaviour.

If I was scum I wouldn't come right out and claim at the start of D-2 with only a vote on me. As for the story part, im not a seaman so I don't spin tales. :D If you guys want to lynch me, go right ahead, maybe it'll help you find scum who will BW like flies to honey. Either way we have everyone here today, and I was expecting to be lynched/NK'd so its like a restart of D1 for me almost. The only thing good is that you guys can look at all the people who BW'd me, twice in fact. :lol:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 pm

so from what i have gathered from what has been posted, we got nothing, so in essence this is another day 1, unless anyone else has something to share
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm

rishaed wrote:
Commander9 wrote:No offence, but your story is way weaker now than it was before, rishaed. Before day 2, I was not completely sure what to make of it all, but now it just seems that you are a scum who accidentally attracted too much attention and now is trying to find some sort of explanation that would tailor to your behaviour.

If I was scum I wouldn't come right out and claim at the start of D-2 with only a vote on me. As for the story part, im not a seaman so I don't spin tales. :D If you guys want to lynch me, go right ahead, maybe it'll help you find scum who will BW like flies to honey. Either way we have everyone here today, and I was expecting to be lynched/NK'd so its like a restart of D1 for me almost. The only thing good is that you guys can look at all the people who BW'd me, twice in fact. :lol:

Well, obviously most people who join a bandwagon will not be scum. :P Both scum and town have reasons to vote on someone, and reasons not to vote. I think we can only draw conclusions if we see a certain voting pattern, like someone always joining second or third to cement a bandwagon and make others join.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am

rishaed wrote:If I was scum I wouldn't come right out and claim at the start of D-2 with only a vote on me.

That's just WIFOM.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 pm

True but yOu can take it or leave it. I didn't plan on spending today with me as the focus as well.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 pm

Hmm....
gregwolf121 wrote:huh so anybody get anything

gregwolf121 wrote:i've got nothing to go on, my only thoght has been that rishaed confession, could indicate jester, but his telling us, doesnt' make sense, so in reality i got nothing

gregwolf121 wrote:so from what i have gathered from what has been posted, we got nothing, so in essence this is another day 1, unless anyone else has something to share

You seem awfully determined to tell us we got nothing today, and to see what roles people have. Makes me want to go back and see what I'm missing....
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Hmm....
gregwolf121 wrote:huh so anybody get anything

gregwolf121 wrote:i've got nothing to go on, my only thoght has been that rishaed confession, could indicate jester, but his telling us, doesnt' make sense, so in reality i got nothing

gregwolf121 wrote:so from what i have gathered from what has been posted, we got nothing, so in essence this is another day 1, unless anyone else has something to share

You seem awfully determined to tell us we got nothing today, and to see what roles people have. Makes me want to go back and see what I'm missing....

I FOS'd gregwolf on Day 1 because he was pretty defensive rishaed. I think there is a strong chance they are both scum. I think we should get a claim from gregwolf. vote gregwolf
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby blakebowling on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 am

Magnitude as a VT makes sense, although some kind of poster/mason ability would make sense as well (or even a PR - "pop pop"). Other than that, I believe his claim (although it may not have been good strategy). I'm a bit lost on leads as well, perhaps we have another inactive to pressure?
Private blakebowling

Postby jonty125 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am

[quote="blakebowling"](or even a PR - "pop pop")/quote]

I don't get it. Are you suggesting rish is lying about his role.

I also don't see much on the gregwolf case, there was little on D1 to go on.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 pm

in community magnitude is always saying "pop pop" so i to could see there being a pr,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:51 pm

My bad, I thought of PR meaning Power Role not Post Restriction.
Cook jonty125

Postby blakebowling on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm

jonty125 wrote:My bad, I thought of PR meaning Power Role not Post Restriction.

Yep. Post Restriction, Sorry about that.
Private blakebowling

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:29 am

blakebowling wrote:
jonty125 wrote:My bad, I thought of PR meaning Power Role not Post Restriction.

Yep. Post Restriction, Sorry about that.

Sorry, but what does that mean? O.o
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:43 am

It means I would have to say something along the lines of "pop pop" in every post. Or that I couldn't say something in a Post. Basically it restricts me on what I can post, or makes me post something in everypost.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives