Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Postby aage on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 am

Here is a breakdown of the night actions with some more comments for those interested to see them.

show: night actions

It also interests me to see that among town, only the low-power roles got killed. Of course the doc was killed in the end, but that's just the way things are. The first actual power role went down in night 4, which is late. Especially so with two killers on the loose.

Question. Should I have made Abed a gunsmith?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 pm

aage wrote:Here is a breakdown of the night actions with some more comments for those interested to see them.

It also interests me to see that among town, only the low-power roles got killed. Of course the doc was killed in the end, but that's just the way things are. The first actual power role went down in night 4, which is late. Especially so with two killers on the loose.

No!!! Please No! [-o<
I only started my case on Blake because I was a cop and knew Jonty wasn't lying. Else I think Blake could have thrown a lot of suspicion on to Jonty that last day and maybe just maybe squeezed a lynch and a win. Blake why did you kill Rish 1.0? Did you think I botched my claim/ was scum?
And once again Thank you Comm9 for the Guilty result on Tails =D>
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 pm

rishaed wrote:
aage wrote:Here is a breakdown of the night actions with some more comments for those interested to see them.

No!!! Please No! [-o<
I only started my case on Blake because I was a cop and knew Jonty wasn't lying. Else I think Blake could have thrown a lot of suspicion on to Jonty that last day and maybe just maybe squeezed a lynch and a win. Blake why did you kill Rish 1.0? Did you think I botched my claim/ was scum?
And once again Thank you Comm9 for the Guilty result on Tails =D>

No, I killed you N1 because it was a safe kill (i.e. if I had gotten tracked/watched, I could've just claimed I used my vig just in case).
Private blakebowling

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 pm

rish, out of curiosity, what was your thought-process in investigating me?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:51 pm

I wanted to make sure that you weren't a mafia Roleblocker. As stated, I felt that with the power roles that had come out a Mafia Roleblocker might be possible, and that was the last thing that was needed. On the other hand, Gustaf was laying pretty low on my radar so the fact that Blake NK'd him was great for Town.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Meh, so my saves were less effective than I'd thought... Haha :P

rishaed wrote:On the other hand, Gustaf was laying pretty low on my radar so the fact that Blake NK'd him was great for Town.

On that note, I'm curious why blake targeted Gustaf? I would've thought that jonty and I had more pointing to either of us being scum.

And I might add, if Gustaf had claimed Dean Pelton, I would've thought him to be scum. Since Dean Pelton is the one that instigated Ben Chang to end off the game in the Season 1 paintball episode, in my mind's eye, Dean Pelton was highly likely to be the Mafia Godfather. So it's good that Gustaf didn't intend to use the provided fakeclaim. That said, it's pretty funny that neither of the scum even had the opportunity to claim :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Meh, so my saves were less effective than I'd thought... Haha :P

rishaed wrote:On the other hand, Gustaf was laying pretty low on my radar so the fact that Blake NK'd him was great for Town.

On that note, I'm curious why blake targeted Gustaf? I would've thought that jonty and I had more pointing to either of us being scum.

And I might add, if Gustaf had claimed Dean Pelton, I would've thought him to be scum. Since Dean Pelton is the one that instigated Ben Chang to end off the game in the Season 1 paintball episode, in my mind's eye, Dean Pelton was highly likely to be the Mafia Godfather. So it's good that Gustaf didn't intend to use the provided fakeclaim. That said, it's pretty funny that neither of the scum even had the opportunity to claim :P

I wasn't scum hunting, I thought Gustaf was town haha.
Private blakebowling

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Oh the irony is amusing :)

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 pm

blakebowling wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:Meh, so my saves were less effective than I'd thought... Haha :P

Hahaha, well the town got lucky then, otherwise there's no way we could've won. Just would've boiled down to whether scum or SK would get the win :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 pm

I told you blake was lying and was killing people. Although leaving him alive for a while seems to have ultimately worked out for the best, as Gustaf Wasa might have remained hidden for quite some time...
Captain spiesr

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 am

blakebowling wrote:

*hitting head against desk*

I got killed for succeeding in looking like TOWN.

I think I need a drink now. 8-)

It was fun to be Mafia, even if I didn't think we would win. Like I said earlier, I just tried to go after whatever tangible points I could find. Going after gregwolf's repetitive posting pattern for example is something I could have done as town too. To those who don't post much because they think there is not much to say: if you dig a little, you will find something to bring up. Might not be a fantastic find, but at least it will be something to talk about. Don't think others should find things to talk about to entertain you, you also have a responsibility to keep the game going for their sake.

Too bad I didn't get to claim Annie's Boobs. I was so surprised that the mass claim was interrupted, I haven't seen that before. I thought that would give us something more to talk about the next day, but then I got killed first. Oh well.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby rishaed on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

* ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I got killed for succeeding in looking like TOWN.

I think I need a drink now. 8-)

It was fun to be Mafia, even if I didn't think we would win. Like I said earlier, I just tried to go after whatever tangible points I could find. Going after gregwolf's repetitive posting pattern for example is something I could have done as town too. To those who don't post much because they think there is not much to say: if you dig a little, you will find something to bring up. Might not be a fantastic find, but at least it will be something to talk about. Don't think others should find things to talk about to entertain you, you also have a responsibility to keep the game going for their sake.

Too bad I didn't get to claim Annie's Boobs. I was so surprised that the mass claim was interrupted, I haven't seen that before. I thought that would give us something more to talk about the next day, but then I got killed first. Oh well.

There fixed, its not a desk but it should work :lol: :lol:
As for it being interrupted, it stalled at Jonty even though I sorta hinted I wanted a continuance of the mass-claims. Its what made me investigate him, because I was quite suspicious of the fact that he was (i felt) Intentionally steering the game away from him claiming, and going after speisr.

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm

rishaed wrote:As for it being interrupted, it stalled at Jonty even though I sorta hinted I wanted a continuance of the mass-claims. Its what made me investigate him, because I was quite suspicious of the fact that he was (i felt) Intentionally steering the game away from him claiming, and going after speisr.

Actually, it stalled at me. But I honestly thought spiesr was the last scum, and was pretty convinced when aage didn't say anything, that spiesr slipped up. I still don't agree with his decision to remain silent, but it is what it is.

So I thought spiesr would flip scum, and knew that there would still be the Black Rider out there after that. So in my perspective, I didn't want to claim and have the Black Rider know that I'm the doctor, and at least leave it ambiguous between the 3 unclaimed players.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Nice strategy, however I sorta assumed it stalled at Jonty, which turned out just right in the end.

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives