Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [12/13] Day three

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 am

well, based on what it says i would assume it means 1 use,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Like the others have said, a 1-shot doc does seem rather underpowered, especially for Britta Perry, one of the 7 core characters of the series. Additionally, I'm not sure what about her character would convey such a role. But how many solid roles can there be to appropriately fill the 7 core characters?

Not only one of the core characters, but the main female character.The one who is always in a love-hate relationship with the main character (mostly hate, heh. Though I haven't seen the later seasons).
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 pm

WIFOM - Maybe not all the 'core' characters are in the game. Maybe mafia were given 1 or 2 for fakeclaims.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 pm

jonty125 wrote:WIFOM - Maybe not all the 'core' characters are in the game. Maybe mafia were given 1 or 2 for fakeclaims.
Or maybe there is no simple pattern as to which characters are scum. Until one of them turns up dead there is no way to know for sure.
I don't know much of anything about this game's flavor, my objections to gregwolf's claim are based on the role he claimed. I have reason to suspect this game has an actually doctor. As such I don't see why there would be a 1-Shot Doctor in addition to this. Accordingly, his claim looks to me like a poorly done fake, perhaps attempting to draw out the real Doctor. Anyhow, it looks like it is now clear to put my vote back. Vote gregwolf.
Captain spiesr

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm

spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:WIFOM - Maybe not all the 'core' characters are in the game. Maybe mafia were given 1 or 2 for fakeclaims.
Or maybe there is no simple pattern as to which characters are scum. Until one of them turns up dead there is no way to know for sure.
I don't know much of anything about this game's flavor, my objections to gregwolf's claim are based on the role he claimed. I have reason to suspect this game has an actually doctor. As such I don't see why there would be a 1-Shot Doctor in addition to this. Accordingly, his claim looks to me like a poorly done fake, perhaps attempting to draw out the real Doctor. Anyhow, it looks like it is now clear to put my vote back. Vote gregwolf.

I hate to have to point this out, but it's entirely possible he was lying about the one-shot nature of his doc ability to make himself appear a less attractive night kill to the mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

I hate to have to point this out, but it's entirely possible he was lying about the one-shot nature of his doc ability to make himself appear a less attractive night kill to the mafia.

Well if he's a full-fledged doctor and lied about it, he's trading in attracting the mafia for attracting a lynch, which isn't entirely wise either.

Out of curiosity, what is this 'reason' you speak of, spiesr?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Well if he's a full-fledged doctor and lied about it, he's trading in attracting the mafia for attracting a lynch, which isn't entirely wise either.

Out of curiosity, what is this 'reason' you speak of, spiesr?

Besides the obvious (out of two nights, there has only been one death)?
Private blakebowling

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 am

well dont know what more i could say, but what i said was true
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:20 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

In that case, the logic of Comm9 would have to be used LYNCH ALL LIARS!; but surely he [gregowolf] would come out and tells us about his bluff in this scenario where the pressure remains on him?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:51 am

jonty125 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

In that case, the logic of Comm9 would have to be used LYNCH ALL LIARS!; but surely he [gregowolf] would come out and tells us about his bluff in this scenario where the pressure remains on him?

I'm going to give gregwolf a bit longer to fess up. If not, I simply don't believe his claim and am in favor of lynching him.
Private blakebowling

Postby Little Witt on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 am

blakebowling wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

I'm going to give gregwolf a bit longer to fess up. If not, I simply don't believe his claim and am in favor of lynching him.

I second that. His claimed role seems way to weak for any character, and makes me believe 99% sure he is lying.

...finally got this in correct thread =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

jonty125 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

I fully disagree. If we had all reached the same conclusion I did, and then kept our mouths shut so as to keep the real town doc alive, then the lie would have been beneficial to town. That being said, I'm not 100% confident of my conclusion so I'm glad it didn't go that route. But now that people are on to him, for better or worse, I guess the jig is up for him. I still won't vote for him though. This is not WIFOM logic; it's just my guess that Britta has to be part of the game. For me, having her out would be equally as silly as not having Jeff in the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

i have nothing more to say i told you what i was told, i am britta perry one-shot town doc
Captain gregwolf121

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 pm

vote gregwolf
Private blakebowling

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
spiesr wrote:

I fully disagree. If we had all reached the same conclusion I did, and then kept our mouths shut so as to keep the real town doc alive, then the lie would have been beneficial to town. That being said, I'm not 100% confident of my conclusion so I'm glad it didn't go that route. But now that people are on to him, for better or worse, I guess the jig is up for him. I still won't vote for him though. This is not WIFOM logic; it's just my guess that Britta has to be part of the game. For me, having her out would be equally as silly as not having Jeff in the game.

You assume that Britta must be in the game, Britta must be the one who claims to be Britta, Britta must be town as she is one of the core characters. And that Mafia have not been given fake-claims?

There are seven core characters in Community. By this reasoning, all seven would be here and would be sure-fire town, which gives town a big advantage in the case of claims.

Note that aage wrote this in the rules for this game: Watch those claims, because I don't want the flavour to interfere overly much with the game.

This is not to say that you are definitely wrong, but what I am saying is, we shouldn't use the flavor too much in this kind of reasoning. If I were aage I would use the flavor because I like Community, but not really as a structure. Come to think of it, Britta as a doctor? The girl who is the most likely to punch you in the face? That also speaks against flavor dictating roles.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby aage on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Votecount
Gregwolf (5) - jonty, gustaf, hank44, spiesr, blake

11 alive (will update topic title), 6 to lynch.
Gregwolf is at L-1.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Little Witt on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 am

Is there anything else you can give us before I drop the hammer later today when I get back?

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:i have nothing more to say i told you what i was told, i am britta perry one-shot town doc
Captain gregwolf121

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm with Mets on this one... no vote from me.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Re: Community [11/13] Day three

Postby Little Witt on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 am

Vote Gregwolf sorry greg, we need a lynch to go off of for d4. I really don't want to lynch a town doc even if it is only 1 shot, but we NEED something for d4 no offense.

Re: Community [11/13] Day three

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 am

well it was fun while it lasted, go town
Captain gregwolf121

Re: Community [10/13] Night three

Postby aage on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Votecount
Gregwolf (6) - jonty, gustaf, hank44, spiesr, blake, Little Witt

A lynch it is.

Señor Chang looked down on the crowds. So many had gathered to witness tonight's execution, and so many would have to perish. It almost brought a smile to his face. Such enterchangment. Who needs bad guys with heroes like these? And who needs flavour that is so misleading?

"Britta, we don't believe you!" the people of Greendale yelled. "The sexual tension between you and Jeff is so high, you cannot possibly be so bad at this game."
"Well, apparently I can," the blonde sobbed, distraught by the distrust and unceasing taunting of her peers. (notice the pun on Pierce.)
"If that is true, I think you could say you Britta'd Britta," someone said.
"I try!" Britta was in tears. "I'm a trained psychiatrist!"
"You're a joke," the crowds agreed, and they put a bullet through her brains. Or would have, if they hadn't been using paintball guns. "You're out, kid," Jeff sighed. "I can't say I'm surprised."

Gregwolf - Britta Perry (Town One-Shot Doctor) has been lynched.

It is now night three. Please send in your actions before the 28th of February.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Community [10/13] Night Three

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 am

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby aage on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Haven't got all actions; remember you have about 60 hours left.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 am

The students of Greendale were ready for a tough night. After the loss of Starburns, Magnitude and Britta, few people were distraught, but all the people that were left were surely gonna be missed when they'd die. And with die, I mean get paint on their clothes.
The corridors were quiet. The wind howled through the broken windows, and the footsteps of a dark figure sounded through the hall, a figure in search of a victim.
Soon, he found one.
"Don't move, or you'll end up like Magnitude," the figure spoke.
"Don't try to fluster me with your handsomeness. You're creepy..."
"Put the gun away, hon. It won't do you much good."
"Who are you?" Annie asked.
"I'm the guy who's gonna win," came the response.
Two shots were sounded. But no paint was spilled.
"Hey."
A second figure stepped into the light, his gun ready.
"Hey."
A third stepped through a doorway, guns flashing.
"Let the girl go."
The Black Rider was silent for a moment. Then, he threw the girl off and disappeared into the night.

Elsewhere in the school, another person also lay at the mercy of evil.
"Changtastic," the man muttered as he cocked his gun. His victim whimpered.
"Not today," a woman spoke as she threw over a closet, shielding the helpless man from the gunfire.
Frustraded, the former Spanish teacher fired several shots in her direction, but the effort was in vain.

Nobody died! (Again. Hence more detail, but remember rule 16...)
16. Scenes may include hints, or they may have nothing to do with the game. They do not necessarily represent what happened during the night. I am not responsible for any misinterpretations.

Day four begins! With 10 alive, 6 votes is a lynch.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives