Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [6/13] Night Five

Postby rishaed on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 pm

aage wrote:The spray of paint did eventually end. "Did you honestly think you could best me, boy?" Spreck went on. "Your supposed rebel army is walking into similar traps at this very moment. I'm afraid this is the end for Greendale. We will leave no student standing."
"Poor choice of words," came from behind. Spreck was barely able to turn before the paint reached his clothes.
"You?" the dead man exclaimed. Even though his face wasn't visible, he knew who had betrayed him.
"Yes, me," the figure cloaked in the shadows replied as he stepped forward. The face of the Black Rider became visible now. "You didn't actually think I'd pass up the chance to earn myself a hundred grand, did you?"

Gustaf Wasa - Dean Spreck (Mafia Godfather) was killed.

Day six begins! 4 players alive, 3 votes is a lynch. Deadline is April 12th.

I think that seals that Blake is the Black Rider. He claims he vig'd Gustaf last night when clearly the Black Rider our missing SK killed him. I think thats the nail in the coffin so to speak for my case.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: Community [4/13] Day Six

Postby rishaed on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 am

Oh and, Magnitude you're not allowed to say pop pop ever again.
The dean is deserving of the Godfather role.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:49 am

rishaed wrote:
aage wrote:The spray of paint did eventually end. "Did you honestly think you could best me, boy?" Spreck went on. "Your supposed rebel army is walking into similar traps at this very moment. I'm afraid this is the end for Greendale. We will leave no student standing."
"Poor choice of words," came from behind. Spreck was barely able to turn before the paint reached his clothes.
"You?" the dead man exclaimed. Even though his face wasn't visible, he knew who had betrayed him.
"Yes, me," the figure cloaked in the shadows replied as he stepped forward. The face of the Black Rider became visible now. "You didn't actually think I'd pass up the chance to earn myself a hundred grand, did you?"

I think that seals that Blake is the Black Rider. He claims he vig'd Gustaf last night when clearly the Black Rider our missing SK killed him. I think thats the nail in the coffin so to speak for my case.

The scene didn't make sense to me either, I'm assuming that they are just for flavor and don't depict what's actually happening in the game.
Private blakebowling

Postby rishaed on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:57 pm

blakebowling wrote:
rishaed wrote:

The scene didn't make sense to me either, I'm assuming that they are just for flavor and don't depict what's actually happening in the game.

That's baloney and you know it. Scenes are put there for a reason, it tells us that we have Kills, but also that the kills are from Mafia's SK's/ whatever. Jonty is only a one-shot, while The Black Rider has shown up in two scenes. The backstabbing part, means that he might be a traitor? But he is definitely an SK, and most definitely not Town. And you fit the bill with your recent night actions ect.

Postby jonty125 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am

[color=FF0000]vote blake[/color]
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Little Witt on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 am

I told you the truth about my role.
And if you guys have noticed I have been trying to post more as I have more time now, and if you look at my games the past couple weeks I have been missing and barely not missing by mere hours or something minutes. Over the course of this game I also think Blake is the Black Rider. Vote Blake
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Re: Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Postby aage on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:47 am

That's a lynch.

Newsflash - City college no longer being a threat to Greendale, the students have rejoiced despite the loss of commander Barnes. However, one man still sought to undermine the student body, planning to walk out of the game with one hundred thousand dollars in his pocket.
"I don't have time for this," the Black Rider briefly informed us, explaining that "I have Coldplay tickets". Upon query of a final statement, the mysterious, highly skilled but defeated paintball-player stated that "this school sucks".
"By the end, we knew he couldn't be that much of a threat. I finally managed to have a closer look at him during the shoot-out; turns out, he's not that good-looking as we all thought him to be, and we can rest assured that I am still the best-looking guy in this community college," Jeff Winger, one of the students, later said to the press. According to his fellow student Troy Barnes, this man has "a problem", but the Dean Craig Pelton, supposedly Winger's "best bud", assured us that Jeffrey had the right of it.

What do we learn from such an event? Firstly, it seems clear that school regulations concerning hiring ice cream agencies to host paintball assassin games should be thoroughly revised. Secondly, we learn that one does not need a horse, car or other vehicle to be called a 'rider'. But thirdly, and most importantly, we learn that Greendale belongs not to its school board, nor to the American government: it belongs to its students.

"I still think I should have won," one of the elderly students claims. "I deserved this victory. Winger already got to win last year! Where's the fairness in that?" This teaches us that however hard we try, eventually only the best will survive, and this Pierce Hawthorne certainly wasn't one of them.

Abed Nadir sent in his own material of the game, which will be available soon on DVD, we must assure Abed. "I wanted this to be my big breakthrough," Abed explains in his video, which it undoubtedly will be. According to his close friend Shirley, it would however be wise not to publish this film as it questions Christian beliefs and traditions, and that it would also be wise not to publish that she said this.

Britta Perry also tried to reach us for comments on the game, but unfortunately we were unavailable.

BlakeBowling - The Black Rider (Serial Killer) has been lynched.

All threats to town have been eliminated. Town wins!

show
Last edited by aage on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 am

Thoughts behind the roles

1. Gustaf Wasa Dean Spreck (Mafia Godfather)
Obviously Dean Spreck has to be the main antagonist of this game. Watch the last episode of season 2 to know why. I offered Dean Pelton as a fake claim, hoping people would understand that he has never actually been an antagonist in the Paintball games but rather helped town.
2. Jonty125 Annie Adison (1-shot vig)
I wanted Annie to be an aggressive character in this game. Since there already were two killing parties, I decided to make her a one-shot vigilante. Also, "she's pretty awesome today."
3. rishaed Abed Nadir (cop)
Abed had to be the cop. He sees everything and knows everything, not to mention that he is Inspector Space-Time.
4. Hank44Soccer Shirley Benett (VT)
Shirley. Meh. I don't really like her. I thought I could give doc powers to her, but Troy makes for a better protector in a paintball game.
5. blakebowling The Black Rider (SK)
Ah, yes, my favourite character :) I wanted him to win. The Black Rider received a choice upon getting the role: either you receive one Strongman kill (cannot be blocked/doc'd), OR you receive a one-shot bulletproof that will trigger the first time you get shot. In order to counter the cop/doc/roleblocker combo Town had, I had to offer the strongman... but there are two killing parties, and a doctor can only stop one bullet in this verion of the game, so the cop could still die. I offered Jeff Winger as a fake claim for this role, which I know is a strong claim, but remember that he has to survive all the way to the end of the game and there is a killer cop/doc/block combo out there. Unlike Dean Spreck, the serial killer is not innocent upon investigation.
6. Spiesr Garett Lambert (VT)
VT fill-up, Garett is an obvious choice. Sorry I confused the names in this role pm.
7. TheChuck51 Starburns (VT)
It's just Starburns, who cares?
8. Metsfanmax Pierce Hawthorne (roleblocker)
"Pierce loaded your gun with blanks."
9. rishead Magnitude (VT)
Pop pop! No powers, I toyed with a post restriction but didn't follow through because I didn't want people to be annoyed by their roles.
10. Little Witt Leonard Briggs (VT)
Are we the little rascals? Well, Leonard was. Unfortunately he has no powers, because he's old.
11. Gregwolf Britta Perry (1-shot doc)
Britta is a psychology student. That means she thinks she can fix people. But she is not very good at it, and therefore will only succeed the first time by getting lucky. Another motivation for this role was the 'wounded soldier'-scenario.
12. TAILGUNN3R Ben Chang (Mafia Goon)
BUENOS DIAZ, CHILDREN. After The Black Rider definitely my favourite character. He had to be scum. Since Chang is a poor serial killer compared to The Black Rider, I made him a goon. Think of it like this: when Chang ran around in the dark at the end of episode 23, Spreck didn't shoot him but accepted his alliance. I toyed with the idea of making him usurper, but that would complicate the game further than I wanted it to. I offered Fat Neil as a fake claim because it's not strange to claim VT in a game with five of them in it. And it's just a goon. I was running out of good fakes.
13. anamainiacks Troy Barnes (doc)
Troy is NOT an ambassador. He is a gladiator. But he is also a commander, therefore he needs to have powers. Powers to protect his troops, for example.
Last edited by aage on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 am

Good game, all! I don't like being dishonest, and so I play scum almost the same way as I play town. Simply trying to find tangible reasons to suspect people. Also, something worth noting is that you sometimes need to stay quiet for a while and let town discuss among themselves. Talking too much is definitely worse than talking too little when you are scum.

Spiesr's name confusion - sorry, man. Had to jump on that one, even though it was unfair to you since it wasn't your fault. You are obviously a strong player and I counted myself lucky to get a chance to vote against you. And as luck would have it, no one said what I would have mentioned had I been town: why would the mod give a fake claim to hide a Community character who doesn't sound scummy? A fake claim to hide Chang or Spreck or Pelton, yes, but to hide Garrett Lambert or Robert Laybourne? No.

Speaking of characters. From the beginning I thought the flavor was our worst enemy. I was pretty sure that all the characters in the study group (the main characters) would be in the game, in which case those players would have very strong claims. (No one would believe the main characters to be town, if there were secondary characters in the game too) And my fake claim was Dean Pelton. Who sends out Senor Chang to shoot all participants in the first paintball episode. Gah. (I eventually decided to change my fake claim to Annie's Boobs, the monkey. That would have been hilarious. Too bad I never got to say it.)

One more thing about the flavor: I liked it a lot. It was like a separate character in the game, definitely becoming a factor in discussions.

So unlucky that the Cop found Tailgunner that early. And there were only two of us. From that point on I was convinced we would lose. But I don't care about "winning" or "losing" in Mafia games anyway; it is nonsense. There is no score here. All that matters is playing well to entertain ourselves while we are in the game.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:51 am

aage wrote:"I still think I should have won," one of the elderly students claims. "I deserved this victory. Winger already got to win last year! Where's the fairness in that?" This teaches us that however hard we try, eventually only the best will survive, and this Pierce Hawthorne certainly wasn't one of them.

[b]BlakeBowling - The Black Rider (Serial Killer) has been lynched.

At least I can take some solace in nailing blake (although blake's claim of having doc'ed me and getting blocked by me the night I died was really ingenious -- I did roleblock him again, although none of you could have known that for sure -- and cast a bit of doubt on my guess).

Good game all!
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby aage on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 am

Here is a breakdown of the night actions with some more comments for those interested to see them.

show: night actions

It also interests me to see that among town, only the low-power roles got killed. Of course the doc was killed in the end, but that's just the way things are. The first actual power role went down in night 4, which is late. Especially so with two killers on the loose.

Question. Should I have made Abed a gunsmith?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 pm

aage wrote:Here is a breakdown of the night actions with some more comments for those interested to see them.

It also interests me to see that among town, only the low-power roles got killed. Of course the doc was killed in the end, but that's just the way things are. The first actual power role went down in night 4, which is late. Especially so with two killers on the loose.

No!!! Please No! [-o<
I only started my case on Blake because I was a cop and knew Jonty wasn't lying. Else I think Blake could have thrown a lot of suspicion on to Jonty that last day and maybe just maybe squeezed a lynch and a win. Blake why did you kill Rish 1.0? Did you think I botched my claim/ was scum?
And once again Thank you Comm9 for the Guilty result on Tails =D>

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 pm

rishaed wrote:
aage wrote:Here is a breakdown of the night actions with some more comments for those interested to see them.

No!!! Please No! [-o<
I only started my case on Blake because I was a cop and knew Jonty wasn't lying. Else I think Blake could have thrown a lot of suspicion on to Jonty that last day and maybe just maybe squeezed a lynch and a win. Blake why did you kill Rish 1.0? Did you think I botched my claim/ was scum?
And once again Thank you Comm9 for the Guilty result on Tails =D>

No, I killed you N1 because it was a safe kill (i.e. if I had gotten tracked/watched, I could've just claimed I used my vig just in case).
Private blakebowling

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 pm

rish, out of curiosity, what was your thought-process in investigating me?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:51 pm

I wanted to make sure that you weren't a mafia Roleblocker. As stated, I felt that with the power roles that had come out a Mafia Roleblocker might be possible, and that was the last thing that was needed. On the other hand, Gustaf was laying pretty low on my radar so the fact that Blake NK'd him was great for Town.

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Meh, so my saves were less effective than I'd thought... Haha :P

rishaed wrote:On the other hand, Gustaf was laying pretty low on my radar so the fact that Blake NK'd him was great for Town.

On that note, I'm curious why blake targeted Gustaf? I would've thought that jonty and I had more pointing to either of us being scum.

And I might add, if Gustaf had claimed Dean Pelton, I would've thought him to be scum. Since Dean Pelton is the one that instigated Ben Chang to end off the game in the Season 1 paintball episode, in my mind's eye, Dean Pelton was highly likely to be the Mafia Godfather. So it's good that Gustaf didn't intend to use the provided fakeclaim. That said, it's pretty funny that neither of the scum even had the opportunity to claim :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Meh, so my saves were less effective than I'd thought... Haha :P

rishaed wrote:On the other hand, Gustaf was laying pretty low on my radar so the fact that Blake NK'd him was great for Town.

On that note, I'm curious why blake targeted Gustaf? I would've thought that jonty and I had more pointing to either of us being scum.

And I might add, if Gustaf had claimed Dean Pelton, I would've thought him to be scum. Since Dean Pelton is the one that instigated Ben Chang to end off the game in the Season 1 paintball episode, in my mind's eye, Dean Pelton was highly likely to be the Mafia Godfather. So it's good that Gustaf didn't intend to use the provided fakeclaim. That said, it's pretty funny that neither of the scum even had the opportunity to claim :P

I wasn't scum hunting, I thought Gustaf was town haha.
Private blakebowling

Postby rishaed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Oh the irony is amusing :)

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 pm

blakebowling wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:Meh, so my saves were less effective than I'd thought... Haha :P

Hahaha, well the town got lucky then, otherwise there's no way we could've won. Just would've boiled down to whether scum or SK would get the win :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 pm

I told you blake was lying and was killing people. Although leaving him alive for a while seems to have ultimately worked out for the best, as Gustaf Wasa might have remained hidden for quite some time...
Captain spiesr

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 am

blakebowling wrote:

*hitting head against desk*

I got killed for succeeding in looking like TOWN.

I think I need a drink now. 8-)

It was fun to be Mafia, even if I didn't think we would win. Like I said earlier, I just tried to go after whatever tangible points I could find. Going after gregwolf's repetitive posting pattern for example is something I could have done as town too. To those who don't post much because they think there is not much to say: if you dig a little, you will find something to bring up. Might not be a fantastic find, but at least it will be something to talk about. Don't think others should find things to talk about to entertain you, you also have a responsibility to keep the game going for their sake.

Too bad I didn't get to claim Annie's Boobs. I was so surprised that the mass claim was interrupted, I haven't seen that before. I thought that would give us something more to talk about the next day, but then I got killed first. Oh well.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby rishaed on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

* ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I got killed for succeeding in looking like TOWN.

I think I need a drink now. 8-)

It was fun to be Mafia, even if I didn't think we would win. Like I said earlier, I just tried to go after whatever tangible points I could find. Going after gregwolf's repetitive posting pattern for example is something I could have done as town too. To those who don't post much because they think there is not much to say: if you dig a little, you will find something to bring up. Might not be a fantastic find, but at least it will be something to talk about. Don't think others should find things to talk about to entertain you, you also have a responsibility to keep the game going for their sake.

Too bad I didn't get to claim Annie's Boobs. I was so surprised that the mass claim was interrupted, I haven't seen that before. I thought that would give us something more to talk about the next day, but then I got killed first. Oh well.

There fixed, its not a desk but it should work :lol: :lol:
As for it being interrupted, it stalled at Jonty even though I sorta hinted I wanted a continuance of the mass-claims. Its what made me investigate him, because I was quite suspicious of the fact that he was (i felt) Intentionally steering the game away from him claiming, and going after speisr.

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm

rishaed wrote:As for it being interrupted, it stalled at Jonty even though I sorta hinted I wanted a continuance of the mass-claims. Its what made me investigate him, because I was quite suspicious of the fact that he was (i felt) Intentionally steering the game away from him claiming, and going after speisr.

Actually, it stalled at me. But I honestly thought spiesr was the last scum, and was pretty convinced when aage didn't say anything, that spiesr slipped up. I still don't agree with his decision to remain silent, but it is what it is.

So I thought spiesr would flip scum, and knew that there would still be the Black Rider out there after that. So in my perspective, I didn't want to claim and have the Black Rider know that I'm the doctor, and at least leave it ambiguous between the 3 unclaimed players.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby rishaed on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Nice strategy, however I sorta assumed it stalled at Jonty, which turned out just right in the end.

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives