Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [13/13] Day Two

Postby spiesr on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:Hello all, apologies for the lack of posts, as mentioned by others before, the game was moving very slowly, and I figured I just didn't have much to contribute, so I should just wait. Well, clearly I waited to long, I have no intention in dead-beating in this game, and in the future I will look to post more often. If anyone feels that this is "Scummy", I don't have a problem in claiming if that will help move things along.
No no no. The game stagnating is not a reason to not post. It is a reason to make something up and post more.
gregwolf121 wrote:okay by my count chuck has five votes, before adding my vote i would like to hear a counter claim from him,
as to what gustaf and chuck posted about me, yes i was basically ignoring it, because the posts that gustaf pointed out were made because i wanted to post something but didn't have anything of real worth to post,
as to chucks post i had replied to that on day one so i saw no need to repeat myself
So, you are telling me that you spent the first Day and 2/3 of the the game with nothing relevant to put in your posts, and then when somebody gives you something to discuss you decide to ignore it completely and go on doing nothing?
Vote grefwolf121
Captain spiesr

Re: Community [12/13] Day three

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Well, I guess the question marks about Rishaed have finally been put to rest ... along with Rishaed.
blakebowling wrote:Well I suppose rishaed's strategy worked (somehow?). A VT NK is leagues ahead of a Town PR NK.

"So in fact, this is not a retreat at all, but a rare species of victory?
-Cato, Rome the TV series
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby aage on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:32 pm

anamainiacks wrote:(In other news, I finally started watching Community two weeks ago. It's awesome. :D :lol: =D> )

Good man.

In other news, season 4 premiered ten days ago. I only watched ep 1 because I don't have a lot of time on my hands atm, but it is BACK IN DA GAME after that disappointing third season. Really, check it out. "Changnesia". Brilliant.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:21 am

You know, aage died in the latest night in rishaed's game (No Handlebars), and now rishaed died in the latest night in aage's game. Coincidence?

FOS aage

But seriously, yes, Community is funny. To see the paintball episode Modern Warfare that this game gets its flavor from, go to this link and click on any of the sources, like vidbux:
http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Communi ... o-results/
You'll need ample knowledge of what usually happens in action movies to appreciate all the references.

"Come with me if you don't want paint on your clothes."
"I mean, I'm all for winning, but let's not all resort to cheap ploys." (Takes off shirt to show muscles)
"Chess club!"(starts running after him) "No, no! He's a pawn...."

I could quote the whole episode. 8-) By the way, Starburns execution at 6.30. "It's just Starburns."
General Gustaf Wasa

Re: Community [12/13] Day Three

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:26 am

But to be serious:

spiesr wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:okay by my count chuck has five votes, before adding my vote i would like to hear a counter claim from him,
as to what gustaf and chuck posted about me, yes i was basically ignoring it, because the posts that gustaf pointed out were made because i wanted to post something but didn't have anything of real worth to post,
as to chucks post i had replied to that on day one so i saw no need to repeat myself
So, you are telling me that you spent the first Day and 2/3 of the the game with nothing relevant to put in your posts, and then when somebody gives you something to discuss you decide to ignore it completely and go on doing nothing?
Vote grefwolf121

I have to agree that this looks strange. (Of course I agree, I pointed out gregwolf's pattern yesterday.) And I don't know what to think of gregwolf's answer, or the fact that the ploy seems to continue. He obviously follows the game. Submarining, gregwolf?
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:49 am

aage wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:(In other news, I finally started watching Community two weeks ago. It's awesome. :D :lol: =D> )
Good man.

In other news, season 4 premiered ten days ago. I only watched ep 1 because I don't have a lot of time on my hands atm, but it is BACK IN DA GAME after that disappointing third season. Really, check it out. "Changnesia". Brilliant.
I know, October 19 (: But as much as we love Community, let's not get sidetracked and turn this game into a Community fanpage (*cough* Gustaf *cough*). :P Don't get me wrong though, I still love Community! I just don't want others to get turned off from posting from an already stagnant game.

So, going back on topic, I have to agree with spiesr's case on gregwolf.
spiesr wrote:
Vote grefwolf121

He spent the whole time saying that he's got nothing, and that he had nothing to comment on - as others said previously, this could present a false image of activity while not having to give any input. And when there was something to rebut, especially on an accusation directed at him, he voluntarily chose to ignore it, despite it being a perfect opportunity for him to give some valuable input for once. Vote gregwolf121.

fastposted by Gustaf
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:23 pm

well yes spiesr that was what i was saying, but i would have to agree with you, as i went back and re-read what had been said i realized that i could have handled it better, and i am trying to be an active contributor to the game, but usually i find myself with no thoughts on what to say, although that could be because i usually check into the forums when to just see what was said, i need to remember to read though them when i have more time to think on the subject in question.
but on another note im wondering why scum decided to kill rishaed, it doesn't make sense.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:31 am

blakebowling wrote:Well I suppose rishaed's strategy worked (somehow?). A VT NK is leagues ahead of a Town PR NK.

Any chance someone actually decided to watch rishaed?

I wouldn't go so far as to say it worked. Rishaed imo wasn't a great pick for scum kill. Here's my reasoning: rishaed was making good work for getting himself lynched in a day or two. If I were scum I'd've let him stew in his own mess, thereby avoiding attention and reaping benefits.

No, I'm seeing something along the lines of actions getting switched somewhere or overeager vig.

Just me talking out of my ass, though.

I would like to hear from other players as well. Commie, Little Wit, Hank all spring to mind. So far it's hard to compare behaviors when a quarter of players aren't posting. I'm still mulling over the gregwolf votes.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby jonty125 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 am

vote gregwolf121 it was a truly awful post, and the defence was not much better.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:29 pm

vote gregwolf121 because without night info, it is the only tangible thing we have today. And that reply really didn't convince me. Looked a bit like "Look over there!" to bring up Rishaed all of a sudden.

But speaking of Rishaed:

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to say it worked. Rishaed imo wasn't a great pick for scum kill. Here's my reasoning: rishaed was making good work for getting himself lynched in a day or two. If I were scum I'd've let him stew in his own mess, thereby avoiding attention and reaping benefits.

No, I'm seeing something along the lines of actions getting switched somewhere or overeager vig.

Just me talking out of my ass, though.

I would like to hear from other players as well. Commie, Little Wit, Hank all spring to mind. So far it's hard to compare behaviors when a quarter of players aren't posting. I'm still mulling over the gregwolf votes.

-Tails

I have to say, I didn't think Rishaed acted strange on Day 1. I came in late then as a replacement, but what happened before I got here looked a bit messy. No wonder it ended in a no-lynch, the day was a missed opportunity. We better step up our game.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Hank44Soccer on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Vote GregWolf21 due to lack of evidence and defense.
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:Vote GregWolf21 due to lack of evidence and defense.
Hank, how many votes did gregwolf have before you voted for him? And how many votes are required for a lynch today? Did you know the answers to these before I asked you, or do you have to look them up? If you weren't sure of the vote situation before you cast your vote what could the possible ramifications be?
Also please clarify what you mean by lack of evidence and why that is a reason to vote for gregwolf.

I will unvote for the moment to provide some breathing room in case somebody else isn't paying attention. Gregwolf, while we should be taking a serious look at those on this bandwagon, it is time for you to claim and whatnot.
Captain spiesr

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Five vote, spiesr; not too difficult since they are all on this page. :P I believe "lack of evidence" means a lack of any other meat to chew on for the day. I really wonder if someone did get something during the night, or the night before that, but isn't telling. Maybe holding back because it isn't a sure revelation of a Mafia. If it is something else, like seeing person X visit Y without Y getting night killed, should we reveal it then, or be silent about it? What would be best for town?
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Five vote, spiesr; not too difficult since they are all on this page.
I am aware of where the votes stand, I was asking if Hank was.
Gustaf Wasa wrote:I believe "lack of evidence" means a lack of any other meat to chew on for the day.
I assumed as much, but want Hank to provide some elaboration on his thoughts.
Gustaf Wasa wrote:I really wonder if someone did get something during the night, or the night before that, but isn't telling. Maybe holding back because it isn't a sure revelation of a Mafia. If it is something else, like seeing person X visit Y without Y getting night killed, should we reveal it then, or be silent about it? What would be best for town?
There is no easy answer to that. It is all situational. Whenever somebody has information that could potentially be useful to the town they have to weigh the advantages of revealing it to the town (which are offset by the disadvantages that the scum learn it as well) against the risks of that information being lost if they are killed before they can say so. Whenever someone comes forward with info the get a target on their back for the scum. If the town has sufficient protective roles and watchers that can be mitigated.
Some info't value comes from revealing it at the right time. For example if you saw player X visit player Y that info could potential catch X in a lie if he claims something else, provided that you keep that info secret until after he claims. If you reveal it earlier then X knows he has to work that into his fakeclaim. However, if you die before that happens then that info is lost.
Captain spiesr

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:Vote Rishaed I'm hopping on the bandwagon!
Hank44Soccer wrote:Could we get a vote count?
Hank44Soccer wrote:Ok, which one of you made that terrible smell in the men's room?
Hank44Soccer wrote:Hello all, apologies for the lack of posts, as mentioned by others before, the game was moving very slowly, and I figured I just didn't have much to contribute, so I should just wait. Well, clearly I waited to long, I have no intention in dead-beating in this game, and in the future I will look to post more often. If anyone feels that this is "Scummy", I don't have a problem in claiming if that will help move things along.
Hank44Soccer wrote:Vote GregWolf21 due to lack of evidence and defense.

These are ALL the posts Hank has made in the entire game so far.
  1. Both times he cast a vote, he was (blindly?) hopping on a bandwagon.
  2. Every time he's posted, he has said nothing of value.
  3. He said that he had "no intention of deadbeating" and promised to post more often. But that has yet to happen.
  4. To Hank: Please give more details and support as to why you're voting for Gregwolf.

spiesr wrote:Gregwolf, while we should be taking a serious look at those on this bandwagon, it is time for you to claim and whatnot.
This. Please, if you wish to defend yourself!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

yes i do wish to defend myself, so i am britta perry one-shot town doc, and no i have not used my power yet because it is rather limited and i haven't seen anyone in need of protection yet,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby spiesr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 am

gregwolf121 wrote:yes i do wish to defend myself, so i am britta perry one-shot town doc, and no i have not used my power yet because it is rather limited and i haven't seen anyone in need of protection yet,
Yeah, I am not buying that claim at all I am afraid. I will be holding my vote for the moment though as I am not ready for the Day to end quite yet. We still have 3(!) players who haven't posted yet this Day. While Commander and Witt are likely to be perpetual dead weight Metsfanmax has been sufficiently active in other games. Did he just forget about this one or something? Can we get a prod on him aage?
Captain spiesr

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 am

spiesr wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:yes i do wish to defend myself, so i am britta perry one-shot town doc, and no i have not used my power yet because it is rather limited and i haven't seen anyone in need of protection yet,
Yeah, I am not buying that claim at all I am afraid. I will be holding my vote for the moment though as I am not ready for the Day to end quite yet. We still have 3(!) players who haven't posted yet this Day. While Commander and Witt are likely to be perpetual dead weight Metsfanmax has been sufficiently active in other games. Did he just forget about this one or something? Can we get a prod on him aage?

I'm not buying the claim either, flavor wise something like a mayor or governor would make more sense (britta is always into her causes). One-shot doc is too underpowered anyway IMO. I'm not going to place my vote on you yet (to avoid a quick hammer), but I intend to before the day is over. In the meantime, if anyone else has something they need to say today, speak up now.
Private blakebowling

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:51 am

Honestly I'm always uneasy about lynching a doc claim.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Honestly I'm always uneasy about lynching a doc claim.

-Tails

I get that, which is why I've waited. I understand that mislynching here is bad, however I don't think it's a mislynch. I'm still open to be convinced otherwise, though.
Private blakebowling

Postby jonty125 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 am

1-shot doc seems very underpowered. Gregwolf, is your action 1-shot, in that you may use it on one night and one night only or that you can only have one success with it.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:28 am

Like the others have said, a 1-shot doc does seem rather underpowered, especially for Britta Perry, one of the 7 core characters of the series. Additionally, I'm not sure what about her character would convey such a role. But how many solid roles can there be to appropriately fill the 7 core characters?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby aage on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 am

spiesr wrote:Can we get a prod on him aage?

Yes you may.

Votecount
Gregwolf (4) - anamain, jonty, gustaf, hank44

11 alive (will update topic title), 6 to lynch.
Last edited by aage on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 am

This power does seem rather strange but there is no way Britta is not in this game and I find it very unlikely that she is not town. So unless someone counterclaims I am not voting greg.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

This power does seem rather strange but there is no way Britta is not in this game and I find it very unlikely that she is not town. So unless someone counterclaims I am not voting greg.

You make a fair point there. Do we have someone already assigned 'Britta Perry'? That would clear things up tremendously. But for now, unvote; though I still don't fully believe the claimed power for Britta.

Right now, I would like to hear from Hank. He has yet to justify his rationale for voting greg earlier. Right now he seems to be following the crowd's sentiment without providing any personal input.
Colonel anamainiacks

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives