Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [10/13] Night Three

Postby jonty125 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 am

HOW MANY KILL ATTEMPTS???

Three by my count.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Wow, I think that might be more information than we've been able to get the last 2 days... :P

I only count 2 kill attempts though. The first one by The Dark Rider, and the second by Ben Chang. Does that mean we have a 3rd Party SK, or a Vig, in addition to scum?

Since one of the kill attempts might have been stopped by a Roleblocker - mets, do you have anything?

And I can't remember who has been active and who hasn't... I'm in a bit of a rush to check through the previous pages, but would really appreciate it if everyone did participate!

And can I step outside of the game for a moment and just say:
Even if you're mafia and are trying to go scummarining, please don't - in the spirit of letting the game be fun! After all there isn't anything at stake here in this game (there's no General Achievement Medal nor CC points or Mafia Ranks to be won...), so wouldn't it be far better to lose while having fun with the game, than to win a rather dull game that everyone's quiet in? :D Vice versa somewhat applies to the townies too. Otherwise, there isn't much point in joining Mafia games on a site where they don't actually matter. Though I do understand if people are busy with non-CC stuff, of course (: Yep, THANKS!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm

In my mind blake has been scummarining for most of this game, so I roleblocked him last night. Hopefully this doesn't become another repeat of last time.

Vote blakebowling

(fastposted by ana)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:In my mind blake has been scummarining for most of this game, so I roleblocked him last night. Hopefully this doesn't become another repeat of last time.

Vote blakebowling

(fastposted by ana)

Also, my character is male, so if there's any substance to the scenes, then I stopped the first one, who was targeting Annie.

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:In my mind blake has been scummarining for most of this game, so I roleblocked him last night. Hopefully this doesn't become another repeat of last time.

Vote blakebowling

(fastposted by ana)

Also, my character is male, so if there's any substance to the scenes, then I stopped the first one, who was targeting Annie.

Not sure how accurate the scenes are, especially since they mention a lot of character names. I don't think it would be fair for the killers to know the names of the character they're targeting.

But yea, since this is the only lead we have so far, vote blakebowling.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby aage on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Not sure how accurate the scenes are, especially since they mention a lot of character names. I don't think it would be fair for the killers to know the names of the character they're targeting.

This indeed would not be fair. Nor would anything flavour-related be fair. This is why I drew up the rule. Might be I used Annie's name to give a hint. Might be it's just how the scene goes in the show.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:22 pm

aage wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:Not sure how accurate the scenes are, especially since they mention a lot of character names. I don't think it would be fair for the killers to know the names of the character they're targeting.

This indeed would not be fair. Nor would anything flavour-related be fair. This is why I drew up the rule. Might be I used Annie's name to give a hint. Might be it's just how the scene goes in the show.

For the record, since a number of players don't watch the show, the scene with Annie does go this way on the show. Exactly (Season 2 Episode 23: A Fistful of Paintballs).

The scene with Ben Chang (the former Spanish teacher), however, does not happen in the show, to the best of my memory.

That said, we can't really tell how much the scenes' details matter, other than the fact that there were 2 separate kill attempts; so I wouldn't read too much into it.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Vote blakebowling

(fastposted by ana)

Not sure how accurate the scenes are, especially since they mention a lot of character names. I don't think it would be fair for the killers to know the names of the character they're targeting.

But yea, since this is the only lead we have so far, vote blakebowling.

Right. I wasn't necessarily going to conclude that Annie is in the game (although she probably is) or that the person who got targeted was actually Annie. Although with that line of thinking, maybe I'm actually the female in the Chang scene ;P

Postby spiesr on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, I agree that Mets' claimed block is the best (only?) lead we have right now. Let's see what blake has to say.
Captain spiesr

Postby blakebowling on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't see how I've been scummarining, I was inactive D1, however I explained that I had forgotten about being in this game. I know I'm not the most active poster, but I've been around every day phase since.

From what I've read from the scene, and mets' claim of blocking me, this is what I've gathered.

1. There were two separate kill attempts last night, they were both prevented.
2. It makes sense that one of the kills was roleblocked, and the other was doc'd (I don't see there being 3 doc's in this game, unless there are several one-shots).
3. From the second attempt, it appears that Shirley stopped the kill (she frequently says "Not Today" when something bad is about to happen in the show)
4. From the first attempt, at least in the show, Jeff and Abed saved Annie.

I don't believe it's time for me to claim yet, but I can never tell when I need to. If someone could make it clear before I get lynched, I'd appreciate it.
Private blakebowling

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 pm

My thoughts:

Strange night scene. Were there three killers in there, and two targets, and no one got killed? Wow. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. Anyway, two Mafia teams, or one Mafia team and one Vig/SK? Then shouldn't there have been two kills on other nights? Could the town protectors really be so lucky as to block either one or two kills every night?

We have no other night info than that blakebowling was roleblocked? Reading your post now, blakebowling, I don't see a comment on the fact that you were roleblocked and there was no kill. If you were roleblocked but still town, that would mean we would need two more protecting roles (roleblock or Doc) to neutralize the two kills.

But Metsfanmax could also be making it up to get blakebowling lynched.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby blakebowling on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:My thoughts:

Strange night scene. Were there three killers in there, and two targets, and no one got killed? Wow. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. Anyway, two Mafia teams, or one Mafia team and one Vig/SK? Then shouldn't there have been two kills on other nights? Could the town protectors really be so lucky as to block either one or two kills every night?

We have no other night info than that blakebowling was roleblocked? Reading your post now, blakebowling, I don't see a comment on the fact that you were roleblocked and there was no kill. If you were roleblocked but still town, that would mean we would need two more protecting roles (roleblock or Doc) to neutralize the two kills.

But Metsfanmax could also be making it up to get blakebowling lynched.

Oops. I got distracted while writing my post (that was supposed to be point #5).

I'm not certain Mets is lying about blocking me (however if he were lying, his actions on D2 would support it). I'm open to the possibility of a busdriver or some other interference with Mets block (this would make sense from the scene as well, as there was a silent man in the first confrontation with Annie), and of course as Gustaf said the block on me could be unrelated (i.e. another blocker / protective role stopped the kill). It's also possible (though highly unlikely IMO) that one of the kill attempts could have been on a bulletproof -- however the flavor of the scene doesn't point towards that.

I'm also confused about why the scene for D4 was different from the other two. There were no kills N1, but the scene made it seem like there wasn't a kill attempt, N2 there was a kill, but there was no confrontation or detail, just a pointer towards who had been killed. I assume it's possible that actions lined up similarly to a scene in the show, so aage used it. And of course it's always possible I'm reading a bit too much into flavor and the differences mean nothing. I think it's meaningful only because upon magnitude's death, the scene in which he died in the show wasn't used.

If someone potentially interfered with mets' block on me (busdriving me with someone else, or otherwise), please speak up.
Private blakebowling

Re: Community [12/13] Day three

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Strange night scene. Were there three killers in there, and two targets, and no one got killed? Wow. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. Anyway, two Mafia teams, or one Mafia team and one Vig/SK? Then shouldn't there have been two kills on other nights? Could the town protectors really be so lucky as to block either one or two kills every night?

Nope there were only 2 killers. I think most people are confused about the first scene, because 2 unnamed characters appeared - but as blake mentioned, these are just Jeff and Abed, who force the Black Rider to leave Annie.

----------------------------------------------------------------

blakebowling wrote:I'm open to the possibility of a busdriver or some other interference with Mets block (this would make sense from the scene as well, as there was a silent man in the first confrontation with Annie), and of course as Gustaf said the block on me could be unrelated (i.e. another blocker / protective role stopped the kill). It's also possible (though highly unlikely IMO) that one of the kill attempts could have been on a bulletproof -- however the flavor of the scene doesn't point towards that.
[...]
If someone potentially interfered with mets' block on me (busdriving me with someone else, or otherwise), please speak up.

Actually, now that you mention it - the two shots that were fired in the first scene - in the show they were both blanks. Possibly, the scum targeted a bulletproof townie ('Annie'), AND a PR 'stopped' the kill... But then again, we are speculating with details from a scene that may not even be relevant. The only details I'm willing to safely conclude with certainty is the fact that there were 2 kill attempts.

As for the busdriver though, I came across this while re-reading the thread:
TA1LGUNN3R, on Day 3, following rishaed's lynch wrote:
blakebowling wrote:Well I suppose rishaed's strategy worked (somehow?). A VT NK is leagues ahead of a Town PR NK.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it worked. Rishaed imo wasn't a great pick for scum kill. Here's my reasoning: rishaed was making good work for getting himself lynched in a day or two. If I were scum I'd've let him stew in his own mess, thereby avoiding attention and reaping benefits.

No, I'm seeing something along the lines of actions getting switched somewhere or overeager vig.
So a bus driver might be possible. Or rishaed was a Vig kill and a protector stopped the scumkill (but that's just crazy). Yea, so if anyone has information, that'd be great.

----------------------------------------------------------------

blakebowling wrote:I'm also confused about why the scene for D4 was different from the other two. There were no kills N1, but the scene made it seem like there wasn't a kill attempt, N2 there was a kill, but there was no confrontation or detail, just a pointer towards who had been killed. I assume it's possible that actions lined up similarly to a scene in the show, so aage used it. And of course it's always possible I'm reading a bit too much into flavor and the differences mean nothing. I think it's meaningful only because upon magnitude's death, the scene in which he died in the show wasn't used.

I personally think the increase in detail was just to give us something to work with, since the game is obviously slowing down - partly because of the sheer lack of information for us to go on. Problem is, it's just as hard to decipher which details are actual leads, and which are red herrings.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:04 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:We have no other night info than that blakebowling was roleblocked? Reading your post now, blakebowling, I don't see a comment on the fact that you were roleblocked and there was no kill. If you were roleblocked but still town, that would mean we would need two more protecting roles (roleblock or Doc) to neutralize the two kills.

This is a very valid point. I find it hard to believe that we'd have 3 protector roles, which makes me believe that the roleblock did play a part in stopping one of the NKs.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Community [10/13] Day Four

Postby aage on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 am

Sorry, I keep forgetting to update the first post's topic. It's correct again now.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Interested in Mets' claim of blocking of blake.

Also, assuming scene isn't totally relevant... Hank+Commie being inactive= no night kills? Thought I'd throw that out there.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Re: Community [12/13] Day three

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:Vote Rishaed I'm hopping on the bandwagon!
Hank44Soccer wrote:Could we get a vote count?
Hank44Soccer wrote:Ok, which one of you made that terrible smell in the men's room?
Hank44Soccer wrote:Hello all, apologies for the lack of posts, as mentioned by others before, the game was moving very slowly, and I figured I just didn't have much to contribute, so I should just wait. Well, clearly I waited to long, I have no intention in dead-beating in this game, and in the future I will look to post more often. If anyone feels that this is "Scummy", I don't have a problem in claiming if that will help move things along.
Hank44Soccer wrote:Vote GregWolf21 due to lack of evidence and defense.

These are ALL the posts Hank has made in the entire game so far.
  1. Both times he cast a vote, he was (blindly?) hopping on a bandwagon.
  2. Every time he's posted, he has said nothing of value.
  3. He said that he had "no intention of deadbeating" and promised to post more often. But that has yet to happen.
  4. To Hank: Please give more details and support as to why you're voting for Gregwolf.

To add to this: I don't believe Hank has posted since this. Also Commander has followed a similar route as Hank; he's had 3 post-confirm posts, one of which is a joke vote. His more serious of the two valid posts was:

Commie wrote:No offence, but your story is way weaker now than it was before, rishaed. Before day 2, I was not completely sure what to make of it all, but now it just seems that you are a scum who accidentally attracted too much attention and now is trying to find some sort of explanation that would tailor to your behaviour.

a criticism of the most suspicious player D2.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby rishaed on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 pm

If you are looking for a replacement I am more than willing to replace back into the game.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Those are valid points by Tailgunner.

Hank44Soccer - inactive
Commander9 - inactive
blakebowling - roleblocked

BUT, the scene shows people actively trying to kill. I know, we shouldn't read too much into the night scenes. But I believe we can read something into the scenes. I just don't think our mod would write such elaborate scenes, deliberately picking parts from the TV show where kills are stopped, if the reason for the no-kill is simply inactivity. That would amount to blatant disinformation from the mod, since he knows we will most likely think the scene means something.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:13 pm

I bet he just enjoys watching us trying to figure out what's useful info and what's not.

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Those are valid points by Tailgunner.

Hank44Soccer - inactive
Commander9 - inactive

BUT, the scene shows people actively trying to kill. I know, we shouldn't read too much into the night scenes. But I believe we can read something into the scenes. I just don't think our mod would write such elaborate scenes, deliberately picking parts from the TV show where kills are stopped, if the reason for the no-kill is simply inactivity. That would amount to blatant disinformation from the mod, since he knows we will most likely think the scene means something.

Just because players haven't been posting in the thread doesn't mean they haven't been sending in actions
Private blakebowling

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I bet he just enjoys watching us trying to figure out what's useful info and what's not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

blakebowling wrote:

Hank44Soccer - inactive
Commander9 - inactive

Just because players haven't been posting in the thread doesn't mean they haven't been sending in actions

Agreed. Request for aage to give Hank and Commander a prod.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:45 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I bet he just enjoys watching us trying to figure out what's useful info and what's not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

blakebowling wrote:

Hank44Soccer - inactive
Commander9 - inactive

Agreed. Request for aage to give Hank and Commander a prod.

Seconded.
Private blakebowling

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 am

blakebowling wrote:Just because players haven't been posting in the thread doesn't mean they haven't been sending in actions

Then we are back to this: if Metsfanmax roleblocked you, and you are town, then there would have to be two other protector roles (Doc, roleblocker....) for the kills to be blocked. Three protectors among ten players.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
blakebowling wrote:Just because players haven't been posting in the thread doesn't mean they haven't been sending in actions

Then we are back to this: if Metsfanmax roleblocked you, and you are town, then there would have to be two other protector roles (Doc, roleblocker....) for the kills to be blocked. Three protectors among ten players.

Yep, especially since no bus driver has spoken up. Not sure if we should wait for some response from the inactives before we push blake for a claim though?
Colonel anamainiacks

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives