Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - Day 1 [16/16]

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 pm

edocsil wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:
superkeener wrote:Vote betiko thats all. I have got to keep to my short meaningless posts.

Thats enough to earn my vote. Posting lots of thoughts, instincts, suspicions is how people are made accountable throughout the entire game. Scum want to float in between cases as much as possible by not posting large posts or substantial contributing posts.
unvote vote superkeener

fastposted by edoc.... you think superkeener was just playing around? I dont know his personality its my first game with him.

welcome to the game spiesr

Keener was poking fun at the walls ppl have been posting that say nothing at all, and more or less giving people the bird for calling him out for meaningless posting posting on D1, when other are not here, and that those who are posting aren't posting much more informative stuff.

That so? His post didn't really come across like that at all.
You seem to know quite a bit about his intent edoc, care to share some more?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm

edocsil wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:
superkeener wrote:Vote betiko thats all. I have got to keep to my short meaningless posts.

Thats enough to earn my vote. Posting lots of thoughts, instincts, suspicions is how people are made accountable throughout the entire game. Scum want to float in between cases as much as possible by not posting large posts or substantial contributing posts.
unvote vote superkeener

fastposted by edoc.... you think superkeener was just playing around? I dont know his personality its my first game with him.

Keener was poking fun at the walls ppl have been posting that say nothing at all, and more or less giving people the bird for calling him out for meaningless posting posting on D1, when other are not here, and that those who are posting aren't posting much more informative stuff.

he's been pretty much under the radar because people were just looking at post counts. Weather it hides something or not, no way we are going to let him use this gamestyle. I personally expect much more from posts that lazyniess and dullness. Good enough for a day 1 lynch so far.
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Nendreel wrote:
edocsil wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:

unvote vote superkeener

I'm inclined to agree with edoc. All I detected in keener's post was sarcasm.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:40 pm

My point is not about sarcasm or not. let's just all do the same as he does and you will see how absolutely interesting this game will become. If you guys don't have a problem with that in fact I'll just start doing the same.
Major betiko

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Nendreel wrote:
edocsil wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:

unvote vote superkeener

I'm inclined to agree with edoc. All I detected in keener's post was sarcasm.

I also agree. We're not many pages in, and he's obviously poking fun.

betiko wrote:My point is not about sarcasm or not. let's just all do the same as he does and you will see how absolutely interesting this game will become. If you guys don't have a problem with that in fact I'll just start doing the same.

This however I do have a problem with. Come on, it's day one. That line between joke vote and serious vote stages can be weird sometimes, and you should know that.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby thechuck51 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm

i got a laugh out of superkeener's post

the only person really sticking out at me is betiko, just seems very on edge unvote vote betiko
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Well even if it was a joke vote, you have to admit that the defence superkeener made can barely even be considered a defence - it did nothing to reduce the 'suspicion' on him. And since it was somewhat a pretty serious accusation, I do feel he could have at least made the effort to defend himself, rather than insisting on his short style of posts.

And I'd say betiko's pretty on edge too, but at least for D1 I'm not inclined to put a vote against him yet, since some of you guys have said his playing style is to overthink stuff. Moreover, he does generate quite some amount of discussion, which does make an interesting game.

For now, since it's still D1, my vote goes to the dead silent one: vote Little Witt.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm

I guess I'll have to relent on keener. I still don't really see the sarcasm in his post, but I'm not about to accuse 3-4 other people of being his scum buddies either.
Seems I was the one who read the post wrong.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Little Witt on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:13 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Well even if it was a joke vote, you have to admit that the defence superkeener made can barely even be considered a defence - it did nothing to reduce the 'suspicion' on him. And since it was somewhat a pretty serious accusation, I do feel he could have at least made the effort to defend himself, rather than insisting on his short style of posts.

And I'd say betiko's pretty on edge too, but at least for D1 I'm not inclined to put a vote against him yet, since some of you guys have said his playing style is to overthink stuff. Moreover, he does generate quite some amount of discussion, which does make an interesting game.

For now, since it's still D1, my vote goes to the dead silent one: vote Little Witt.

You guys have to realize that this is my first legit full mafia game. I joined the H P Lovecraft one as a reserve. I know how to play but this D1 stuff is all new to me. Also I've been at my friend's house for the past couple of days watching the NFL football games and playing xbox. I haven't been on the computer more than 15 minutes the past 48 hours. I really don't know how I am supposed to be of any help, as we are still just throwing votes around at random. That's all I have to say.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Little Witt wrote:You guys have to realize that this is my first legit full mafia game. I joined the H P Lovecraft one as a reserve. I know how to play but this D1 stuff is all new to me. Also I've been at my friend's house for the past couple of days watching the NFL football games and playing xbox. I haven't been on the computer more than 15 minutes the past 48 hours. I really don't know how I am supposed to be of any help, as we are still just throwing votes around at random. That's all I have to say.

It's my first legit full mafia game too, but I don't think the learning curve's that steep... In fact, to be honest, I've never played mafia games that start off with a town lynch instead of a mafia kill. But I do know that if nobody threw around any random votes, we'd have a dead thread here, so throwing out stuff at random is more productive than being a silent observer.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 pm

thechuck51 wrote:i got a laugh out of superkeener's post

the only person really sticking out at me is betiko, just seems very on edge unvote vote betiko

Lmfao chuck, betiko is always on edge early.

Anyhow you morons are jumping on the new kid for suing sarcasm.. shows a very low tolerance level for it here I guess.. geez usually posts are FILLED with sarcasm but since this is an official game what? Cant lighten up? Especially since he's new..

Nice post man, lol.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 pm

well i'll unvote for now unvote I don't have all that much to add atm. So I think i will either go for a NL at the end of the day, or wait until someone slips.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm

I didnt know he was new. For the record I did not see the sarcasm either, but I will back off as well. Looks like little witt checked in too, so my leads are dead.

unvote
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Little Witt on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Little Witt wrote:You guys have to realize that this is my first legit full mafia game. I joined the H P Lovecraft one as a reserve. I know how to play but this D1 stuff is all new to me. Also I've been at my friend's house for the past couple of days watching the NFL football games and playing xbox. I haven't been on the computer more than 15 minutes the past 48 hours. I really don't know how I am supposed to be of any help, as we are still just throwing votes around at random. That's all I have to say.

It's my first legit full mafia game too, but I don't think the learning curve's that steep... In fact, to be honest, I've never played mafia games that start off with a town lynch instead of a mafia kill. But I do know that if nobody threw around any random votes, we'd have a dead thread here, so throwing out stuff at random is more productive than being a silent observer.

...I didn't even have access to the computer for forever so that is not a fair accusation . :evil:

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 am

Little Witt wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

...I didn't even have access to the computer for forever so that is not a fair accusation . :evil:

You could've put that as the main point earlier :P But fair enough, and you're posting pretty actively now anyways, so unvote (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby superkeener on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:26 am

Yo I'm back. I'll just "clarify" some for everyone.
YES, the post was sarcastic. I am not new to mafia games, but this is my first CC mafia game.
I guess my posts need a little more details for some of the members out there.

superkeener Post 1:
"One sentence recap. Go."
I was not to lazy to read the post, in fact I knew what the discussion was. I wanted to see if anyone would bite and maybe give a nice little ancedote of what had already been said, in other words, maybe to start some dialogue. It didn't really work. I apologize.

superkeener Post 2:
"Hmmmmmmmmm. I guess the matter is solved. Can we move on?"
This had no sarcasm really. I was just tired of the topic and wanted the discussion to move elsewhere. Maybe I should have written more to help the movement of the discussion. Here I failed, again. I apologize.

superkeener Post 3:
"Vote betiko thats all. I have got to keep to my short meaningless posts."
A straight up retaliation vote. What more can I say? Before this post I had made 2 posts. betiko wanted to base his reasons for voting me on my posts "that says nothing". So with this post, I just kept up with the trend that he attributed to me.

That is all I have posted prior to this post.
Scummy, maybe? However, I don't think so.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 am

ok, I got you were I wanted, really participating and not just pretending to, it really looked like you were too lazy to read and wouldn't let us see deeper in your thinking process, mostly as you are unknown to us. Appologies then, unvote

I don't think I'm in favour of a no lynch though. The problem is that if some players give out gifts do we want to norraow down the options or not? If the gifts can be whatever you want and we send the to mafia it canend up in a 2 night kills...

2 questions to the mod: what happens to the gifts of a killed/lynched player? does the killer/hammerer gets them or do they disapear? can gift givers send gifts to themselves?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:44 am

I don't see much in the betiko/Mets battle just blowing hot air.
I don't see anything in the superkeener "case" - it was just sarcasm.

Anything else happened in the last few pages that I haven't commented on?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 am

betiko wrote:I don't think I'm in favour of a no lynch though. The problem is that if some players give out gifts do we want to norraow down the options or not? If the gifts can be whatever you want and we send the to mafia it canend up in a 2 night kills...

Hmmm what do you mean by narrowing down the options? Options of what?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 am

anamainiacks wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't think I'm in favour of a no lynch though. The problem is that if some players give out gifts do we want to norraow down the options or not? If the gifts can be whatever you want and we send the to mafia it canend up in a 2 night kills...

Presumably he means that by lynching a player today there will be fewer recipients that gifters could gift to. I don't know that this really holds up as for starters, if we end up killing a non-scum player today the of a gift going to scum actually increases. On the other hand the more discussion we have today the better informed the gifters will be about where to send their gifts (in theory at least).
Captain spiesr

Postby Little Witt on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:37 pm

spiesr wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

Presumably he means that by lynching a player today there will be fewer recipients that gifters could gift to. I don't know that this really holds up as for starters, if we end up killing a non-scum player today the of a gift going to scum actually increases. On the other hand the more discussion we have today the better informed the gifters will be about where to send their gifts (in theory at least).

I am Gonna Unvote I am to lazy to go back and see if I even voted on rish in the game or the other mafia game but I am not voting on anyone right now.

spiesr's post sounds a bit not scummy, but instead a player who wants to find out who he is giving his gifts to. I think that possible slip might mean spiesr is a gifter. that is my thoughts on his post.

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:45 am

Little Witt wrote:
spiesr wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

I am Gonna Unvote I am to lazy to go back and see if I even voted on rish in the game or the other mafia game but I am not voting on anyone right now.

spiesr's post sounds a bit not scummy, but instead a player who wants to find out who he is giving his gifts to. I think that possible slip might mean spiesr is a gifter. that is my thoughts on his post.

Ummm isn't everyone a gifter? *cough* slip *cough*
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 am

*twiddles thumbs* now what?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am

NoSurvivors wrote:
Little Witt wrote:
spiesr wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

Ummm isn't everyone a gifter? *cough* slip *cough*

humm I don't know, maybe kanin isn't for example, he seemed not to be aware of gifts. But given the mechanism, I'd say almost everybody has the gift ability otherwise it would be pretty impossible to get night actions. I would tend to think mafia can send out gifts too to make it more difficult.

2 other questions to mods: if someone gets 2 gifts tonight, can he use an action that night or does he has to wait for the following? are we aware of the gifter if we receive one?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Ummm isn't everyone a gifter? *cough* slip *cough*

No.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives