Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - Day 1 [16/16]

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 pm

soundman wrote:
betiko wrote:soundman and chuck are always the most inactives in every game if it comes to this..

Excuse me? Just because I don't post a bunch of fluff doesn't mean I'm inactive. And if you wanted to know why I haven't said anything in the last few days then you can check the vacation thread.

if no one posts bunches of fluff as you say games wouldn't go anywhere. And I never read the vacation thread, I think it's way more simple if people post in the game they're in if they will be on vacation.
Major betiko

Postby soundman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 pm

betiko wrote:
soundman wrote:
betiko wrote:soundman and chuck are always the most inactives in every game if it comes to this..

Excuse me? Just because I don't post a bunch of fluff doesn't mean I'm inactive. And if you wanted to know why I haven't said anything in the last few days then you can check the vacation thread.

if no one posts bunches of fluff as you say games wouldn't go anywhere. And I never read the vacation thread, I think it's way more simple if people post in the game they're in if they will be on vacation.

Posting in 4+ threads or in just one... Yeah your way is much simpler. :roll:
Lieutenant soundman

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Maybe it was much too early in the game, ah but they thought they'd lynch someone just the same. They bickered about gifts and villains, but ultimately they came to no conclusion. They knew that tomorrow, however, Santa's suit would not be the only red around.

No lynch. You have until Jan 25th at 4 PM to send in your actions.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - Night 1 [16/16]

Postby pancakemix on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Rudoplh, with his nose so bright, lit up the North Pole sky like it was Christmas on the Fourth of July. As he made his exercise flight, he found himself under attack of the Abominable Snow Monster of the North. He dashed and danced, but he was hit, and he fell all the way down to the ground. His red nose went out, never to light the way again.

Jonty125, Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Town Redirector has been killed!

A message was seen posted on the town bulliten board, posted by S. D. Kluger:

This is my night ability, and only ability. I am town, I cannot gift except for my ability. I can give my ability to another player for a night. They will be able to send a single anonymous PM to another player through the mod. If you ask for it in the thread I may give it to you if I think the use is justified.

It is now Day 2. With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't know what a town redirector is..... anyone can tell?

is sd kruger a character from rankin bass? couldn't find him on google...
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm

jonty125 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Ummm isn't everyone a gifter? *cough* slip *cough*

No.

this got him NK most probably...
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Town Redirector This, as an answer to your question. Otherwise I agree with you, it probably was what got him NK'd.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:15 am

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Ummm isn't everyone a gifter? *cough* slip *cough*

No.

this got him NK most probably...

Probably.

On a similiar note, if someone received a gift(s), don't talk about it. If someone gave a gift(s), don't talk about it. We don't need to paint any targets for mafia.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:56 am

just reread day 1. there was another post where jonty was pretty clear about gifters being vts and non gifters having abilities, he really put a target on his head there... I wanted to check if someone else had been pretty clear about the same deal to see if someone would need protection, but it was more jonty.

otherwise, still not getting much about day 1.

ok, what do you guys think can there be third party in this game flavourwise? otherwise should we count on 4 mafia 12 townies?
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 am

pancakemix wrote:Rudoplh, with his nose so bright, lit up the North Pole sky like it was Christmas on the Fourth of July. As he made his exercise flight, he found himself under attack of the Abominable Snow Monster of the North. He dashed and danced, but he was hit, and he fell all the way down to the ground. His red nose went out, never to light the way again.

I'm curious as to why the ASM was specifically named as the killer. Does this mean that ASM is a serial killer? If so, why did we only have one death last night?

A message was seen posted on the town bulliten board, posted by S. D. Kruger:

This is my night ability, and only ability. I am town, I cannot gift except for my ability. I can give my ability to another player for a night. They will be able to send a single anonymous PM to another player through the mod. If you ask for it in the thread I may give it to you if I think the use is justified.

@Betiko
I think Kruger was a typo and meant to be Kluger
http://christmas-specials.wikia.com/wiki/S._D._Kluger
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 pm

betiko wrote:just reread day 1. there was another post where jonty was pretty clear about gifters being vts and non gifters having abilities, he really put a target on his head there... I wanted to check if someone else had been pretty clear about the same deal to see if someone would need protection, but it was more jonty.

otherwise, still not getting much about day 1.

ok, what do you guys think can there be third party in this game flavourwise? otherwise should we count on 4 mafia 12 townies?

I loved these Christmas shows as a kid. From a mafia standpoint having a third party is really at the discretion of the mod and his imagination. Flavor wise I think there is a strong possibility. Why? The protagonist, lets say Rudolph for an example, would be on an adventure and along the way would meet a variety of allies and villians

You got Heat Miser, Bumbles, the Lion King of Misfit Toys as but small examples Anything is possible.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Have I been replaced? If not, then I will start posting. Im back lol.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Have I been replaced? If not, then I will start posting. Im back lol.

I think you're still in mate ;)
someone asked to be in reserve but mods didn't say anything...
nendreel why would the character name revealed of the killer would mean he's an SK? I think that the mods could perfectly reveal the name of the mafia performing the kill, it isn't giving us much hint apart from flavourwise.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 pm

betiko wrote:nendreel why would the character name revealed of the killer would mean he's an SK? I think that the mods could perfectly reveal the name of the mafia performing the kill, it isn't giving us much hint apart from flavourwise.

Usually you don't see character names appearing in a scene (unless that person dies). So why was ASM's name dropped here instead of something more generalized. Maybe thinking of an SK was an over-reaction on my part, but that was my first thought.

At the very least, if the mods are going to be using character names in the scenes then it would be safe to assume that mafia have been given fake-claims.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Not intentionally submarining the end of last day and this morning. Bad timing both times. I just got back from out of town. I should be good to post something relevant tomorrow.

But I have no leads from last night. (Not claiming I had an action.)
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:nendreel why would the character name revealed of the killer would mean he's an SK? I think that the mods could perfectly reveal the name of the mafia performing the kill, it isn't giving us much hint apart from flavourwise.

Usually you don't see character names appearing in a scene (unless that person dies). So why was ASM's name dropped here instead of something more generalized. Maybe thinking of an SK was an over-reaction on my part, but that was my first thought.

At the very least, if the mods are going to be using character names in the scenes then it would be safe to assume that mafia have been given fake-claims.

If that were true then It would mean that either the Mafia didn't send in their kill, or they got doc'd/roleblocked/redirected. However the flavor from the scene doesn't suggest that at all. SO if there is an SK I suggest someone check MoB out. He's admitted he was gone during that time. :roll:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:23 pm

rishaed wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

If that were true then It would mean that either the Mafia didn't send in their kill, or they got doc'd/roleblocked/redirected. However the flavor from the scene doesn't suggest that at all. SO if there is an SK I suggest someone check MoB out. He's admitted he was gone during that time. :roll:

so was nos, so was grounded little witt :P
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:But I have no leads from last night.
I also have nothing to report. Frankly, I still don't have any good leads of what to do today...
Captain spiesr

Postby Little Witt on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm

betiko wrote:
rishaed wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

so was nos, so was grounded little witt :P

I'm not that little lol :P nice troll tho :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah, It was a suggestion, could pan out, could fail. I never said it would be useful.

Postby thechuck51 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 pm

pancakemix wrote:Rudoplh, with his nose so bright, lit up the North Pole sky like it was Christmas on the Fourth of July. As he made his exercise flight, he found himself under attack of the Abominable Snow Monster of the North. He dashed and danced, but he was hit, and he fell all the way down to the ground. His red nose went out, never to light the way again.

Jonty125, Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Town Redirector has been killed!

A message was seen posted on the town bulliten board, posted by S. D. Kruger:

It is now Day 2. With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

I doubt there is a SK. there is only one kill and I can't imagine why mafia would not kill. also, as somebody mentioned, there is no flavor suggesting a doc save or roleblock. It is possible that we have a SK but he didn't kill night 1 so he can claim vigilante later.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Nendreel wrote:@Betiko
I think Kruger was a typo and meant to be Kluger
http://christmas-specials.wikia.com/wiki/S._D._Kluger

Yeah, him.

Typo fixed.
Epic Win

Postby soundman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

I'm thinking there probably isn't an SK. There was no mention in the scene of any roleblocks, etc. which leads me to believe that the only killers here are the mafia.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 am

Heh, I think pretty much everyone has already said it, that there probably isn't an SK, since that would mean the mafia abstained from making a kill, which wouldn't make much sense at this point in the game. Unless they need gifts to make get the skill to make their kills too? O.o But then I guess it would be unfair to give the skill to the SK and not the mafia?

And does the mentioning of the character name actually matter much? After all, it doesn't give us any hints as to which player is that character, unfortunately.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 am

I think this is starting to be all way to polite and everyone is way to conservative. The game mechanics with the presents makes everyone want to be a good boy. I'll be the bad boy and get nothing for christmas what the hell. I don't want this to end up like day 1, and we have to lynch someone anyway today.

vote nendreel for thinking the kill was performed by a SK.
Shit case, I know but can't afford to waste more time in waiting for a slip.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives