Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
superkeener wrote:My N1 roleblock pick was not really backed by anything substantial due to the lack of D1 information. However, I did choose spiesr and I was not told if any action was indeed blocked. But since he has claimed to be the snow miser and maybe does not have any night action I can not comment any further on that.

Several things bother me. By themselves they seem small. When combined it raises more questions.

1) There was no need to claim but we could perhaps chalk that up to not knowing the CC protocols. that being the case claiming when there is no need can seem suspect.
I agree
2) You half claimed and when asked to claim said you needed time because you were busy at work, which i can understand BUT your claim was but one sentence and half of it you had already stated. You typed one sentence.
Seems odd, but TBH I wouldn't hold this one over him. My roles are very organized, I could look up a role from any game in the last year in 30 seconds. His was likely in some random inbox pile
3) claiming a town role blocker is not a good claim if one is claiming later in the game as its to easy to get caught in a lie. However day two is a different story. Its also a remarkable coincidence that you role blocked an already claimed character who has no night actions.
Agreed on all points, however, he will have to back up these actions later on. Since he has claimed it would be good for him to claim actions on subsequent nights
4) just my opinion.... Rudolph was a re directer, which kinda makes sense. But Why would baby new year be a blocker? It just doesn't fit. If superkeener is telling the truth then roles don't have to fit the character.
I agree tbh I'm feeling scum roleblocker
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
superkeener wrote:My N1 roleblock pick was not really backed by anything substantial due to the lack of D1 information. However, I did choose spiesr and I was not told if any action was indeed blocked. But since he has claimed to be the snow miser and maybe does not have any night action I can not comment any further on that.

Several things bother me. By themselves they seem small. When combined it raises more questions.

1) There was no need to claim but we could perhaps chalk that up to not knowing the CC protocols. that being the case claiming when there is no need can seem suspect.

That has nothing to do with "CC protocol," it's just common sense :)

2) You half claimed and when asked to claim said you needed time because you were busy at work, which i can understand BUT your claim was but one sentence and half of it you had already stated. You typed one sentence.

This was really strange to read, and I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt but it still doesn't fully add up.

3) claiming a town role blocker is not a good claim if one is claiming later in the game as its to easy to get caught in a lie. However day two is a different story. Its also a remarkable coincidence that you role blocked an already claimed character who has no night actions.

Is it really a remarkable coincidence? Given that besides any VTs we have two third party players without night actions, and that spiesr attracted D1 attention anyway, it is perfectly reasonable to think this may be the case, statistically speaking.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm

I need to unvote. I'm embarassed to admit that I was kind of getting my games screwed up when I was looking to put pressure on edoc.

regarding superkeener's claim: I had to read wikipedia about rudolph's shiny new year and in the show if they don't find baby new year the year wont end and it will be new years eve forever (not sure why thats a problem but I digress) so i can kind of see how being a roleblocker could fit.

MoB Deadly wrote:Ill be honest.... saying he was flip-flopping all game long was an exaggeration on my part. but like I said, pretty much none of his posts has "vibed well" with me this game. I had gut feeling though that he was town.

At this point I think we need to make some sort of move. I would like to see him claim, and then we choose the best candidate to lynch then.

his posts haven't vibed with you but you had a gut feeling he was town but you want him to claim... who's flip-flopping here? This screams of making a case for the sake of making a case as does the whole lets list how many times people have posted and vote for whoever has posted the least even though you admit its not a scientific method of determining alignment.
vote MoB
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm going to unvote. I'll be off the rest of the night so that'll be it until I can do some more research or until a good case comes up.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:20 am

Wow, things really exploded while I was in bed... Haha.

First of all, let me unvote. I did have my suspicions on edocsil, was hoping to pressure him into making a slip, but he hasn't said anything to set off my radar further. I'm still suspicious, but not enough to put my vote on him any more, at least for tonight.

Regarding the case against superkeener. It does seem like some of his votes/unvotes were scummy and later retracted, to be crowd-pleasers. The other thing that stands out to me is the spacing out of his claim. If he had looked at his role PM just 27 minutes earlier, I don't see why he would have forgotten it so quickly when he said
superkeener wrote:Ok. I will make a full claim. Since this is my first mafia game on CC, I did not want to break any house rules. Full claim coming soon
"I am the roleblocker" would have been just as easy to type as "Full claim coming soon", if he was rushing for time.

That said, flavour-wise, his character could fit his role... From wikipedia, "Rudolph quickly instructs Happy to take off his hat and leave it off for good. At the sight of Happy's large ears, Aeon bursts into uncontrollable laughter which sends him tumbling down the side of the mountain and into the snowball, freeing Sev, O.M. and Sir 1023. Rudolph realizes that Aeon, since he is now so full of warmth and happiness, that it would be impossible for him to turn to ice and snow." So Baby New Year does stop (roleblock) a villain in the R/B movies.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:47 am

let's leave keener, I believe him. nendreel should still be a protective priority. And mob I don't know..
I'm a bit suspicious about people making post counts for all players, it's a good way for a scum to look actively scumhunting, but it's also one of the only things left when you're town with not much to start from..
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am

thechuck51 wrote:his posts haven't vibed with you but you had a gut feeling he was town but you want him to claim... who's flip-flopping here? This screams of making a case for the sake of making a case as does the whole lets list how many times people have posted and vote for whoever has posted the least even though you admit its not a scientific method of determining alignment.
vote MoB

I had a gut feeling he was town. Past tense, I did not feel like he was town anymore. That last post he made put me over the edge. If you want to call it "making a case for the sake of making a case thats fine". I thought my case has been the strongest we have had all game. My Post count was just to generate more activity amongst the submariners, which didn't really do any good. But with absolutely no voting trends and no gained information overnight I think we actually made some progress today.

Obviously other people did not feel like my case was bad or "flip floppy" because I have at least 3 supporters of my case.

The majority of my reasoning was because he was acting scummy and I believed he should claim.
Part of the reason is because we have no voting trends
part of the reason is because I did not like the case on mets, edoc, and do not want to lynch the misers
part of the reason is because betiko was complaining no one was taking initiative

betiko wrote:let's leave keener, I believe him. nendreel should still be a protective priority. And mob I don't know..
I'm a bit suspicious about people making post counts for all players, it's a good way for a scum to look actively scumhunting, but it's also one of the only things left when you're town with not much to start from..

That's fine, and you pegged it exactly, we have had no information I was just trying to spur activity amongst the submariners. But I don't fault your suspicions on me, I will let my scum hunting for the rest of the game speak for my alignment.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 am

I am still thinking about superkeener. In some ways the "noob card" can be played here as an explanation for some of the weird things he has done. But idk, there are a lot of little things and I can see him as a mafia roleblocker using a fake name claim, and just trying to tip toe his claim so he does not make a slip.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby spiesr on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm

superkeener wrote:Also, my 2nd vote for spiesr was before the deadline was announced.
The fact that there was no deadline in place makes that seem worse, not better.
Iron Butterfly wrote:1) There was no need to claim but we could perhaps chalk that up to not knowing the CC protocols. that being the case claiming when there is no need can seem suspect.
The way the case against him was set up one could argue that it was inevitable that he would be pushed to give out a claim, at least for a player with little experience, and that by claiming early he was just saving time.
Captain spiesr

Postby superkeener on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:32 am

I don't know what more to say about my claim. I threw it out there and am not for sure how I can "prove" it to the rest of you at this moment.
But I still has FoS on spiesr and maybe it is vengeful, but MoB's pressure on me is also making me want to throw my vote his way.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:39 am

suppose we keep keener alive to test his roleblock. I see no reasonable way to do so. neendrel is the only night action known and he could always be a mafia roleblocker. Also a town roleblocker would really come in handy within a few days... I really don't like what happened :(
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:24 am

Hm, if we have a Watcher we could probably clear this up. I investigate Keener to learn his alignment. If Keener (as mafia) tries to block me then the Watcher will be able to catch him anyways. If Keener (as town) doesn't block me, but mafia does, then we'll catch the mafia RB.

Alternately a Tracker on Keener would work as well.

unvote
I still have doubts about Keener (obviously), but I think it's worth letting him live one more night.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Alright Nendreel, what would you like to do with this day now?
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

betiko wrote:suppose we keep keener alive to test his roleblock. I see no reasonable way to do so. neendrel is the only night action known and he could always be a mafia roleblocker. Also a town roleblocker would really come in handy within a few days... I really don't like what happened :(

I don't like how Betiko is trying to protect Keener. He's usually the most aggressive player, and yet he's not advocating for a lynch for a player who seems scummy.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
betiko wrote:suppose we keep keener alive to test his roleblock. I see no reasonable way to do so. neendrel is the only night action known and he could always be a mafia roleblocker. Also a town roleblocker would really come in handy within a few days... I really don't like what happened :(

I don't like how Betiko is trying to protect Keener. He's usually the most aggressive player, and yet he's not advocating for a lynch for a player who seems scummy.

looks like you don't get my post. i'm saying that this claim will turn out in town losing something most likely trusting him or not trusting him. this roleblocker claim is a pain.
no way to test his claim effectively tonight (watcher should be on nendreel not keener, i'd rather waste a town roleblocker rather than not protecting our most important role). actually if there is a tracker putting him on keener could be good..
Major betiko

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry for being inactiveish.. (I was in both games) exams are over now and I'm back.

I don't believe keener. I don't buy the noob card and his "I'm at work but not too busy to type right now so I'll type more than I would need to to claim and then claim later" doesn't add up.

I know the case is basically dropped but I still don't buy it.

Also; betiko it is VERY unlike you to defend anyone lol. "Lets leave keener alone" or whatever it was up near the top of this page (iPod sucks.. if it didn't id quote it lol) is what I'm talking about.

Against the grain a bit, but I'm going with my gut here. VOTE KEENER
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm

EBWOP

At the top of the previous page I guess lol
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby superkeener on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 am

All that I can say is that my claim is true.
NoSurvivors and Kanin, since you are having problems trusting me and are STILL coming so aggressive at me, what do you suggest as a way for me to prove my township?
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:56 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Sorry for being inactiveish.. (I was in both games) exams are over now and I'm back.

I don't believe keener. I don't buy the noob card and his "I'm at work but not too busy to type right now so I'll type more than I would need to to claim and then claim later" doesn't add up.

Also; betiko it is VERY unlike you to defend anyone lol. "Lets leave keener alone" or whatever it was up near the top of this page (iPod sucks.. if it didn't id quote it lol) is what I'm talking about.

very unlike me? not because I'm always pretty agressive doesn't mean I jump on every target brought up. you can look at this game or any other game. Also if you are insinuating we could be both cum and i'm protecting him, I'm pretty sure I would've thrown him under the bus for brownie points at this point! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:11 pm

betiko wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Sorry for being inactiveish.. (I was in both games) exams are over now and I'm back.

very unlike me? not because I'm always pretty agressive doesn't mean I jump on every target brought up. you can look at this game or any other game. Also if you are insinuating we could be both cum and i'm protecting him, I'm pretty sure I would've thrown him under the bus for brownie points at this point! :lol:

Fair enough.. But that still doesn't lower my suspicion on him by much.

Keener I'd like to know 2 targets you might choose tonight and why. Roleblocker is (usually) an easy safe fake claim because it can be both sides.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby spiesr on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:30 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Keener I'd like to know 2 targets you might choose tonight and why. Roleblocker is (usually) an easy safe fake claim because it can be both sides.
Stop right there. If superkeener is telling the truth then having him state who he intends to target is a bad idea which only helps the scum.
Example: If scum consists of players X Y & Z and superkeener says that he is thinking about blocking Z then the scum know to have X or Y perform the kill instead of Z. (This depends on how the mod is handling scum kills and roleblocks against them.)

FOS NoSurvivors
Captain spiesr

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 am

spiesr wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Keener I'd like to know 2 targets you might choose tonight and why. Roleblocker is (usually) an easy safe fake claim because it can be both sides.
Stop right there. If superkeener is telling the truth then having him state who he intends to target is a bad idea which only helps the scum.
Example: If scum consists of players X Y & Z and superkeener says that he is thinking about blocking Z then the scum know to have X or Y perform the kill instead of Z. (This depends on how the mod is handling scum kills and roleblocks against them.)

FOS NoSurvivors

Already thought of this. Thus I asked him to tell me 2 instead of just the 1.. So the scum don't know where he'll be. I want him to tell me something that will change my mind really. Easy boy.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Already thought of this. Thus I asked him to tell me 2 instead of just the 1.. So the scum don't know where he'll be. I want him to tell me something that will change my mind really. Easy boy.
Him naming two potential targets doesn't really negate the issue at all...
Captain spiesr

Postby superkeener on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:24 am

How about I block you NoSurvivors, unless you give me a good reason why I should not. Then you can confirm it to the town the following day.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:15 am

superkeener wrote:How about I block you NoSurvivors, unless you give me a good reason why I should not. Then you can confirm it to the town the following day.

well, it's true that you could stop him from giving a gift, but not sure it will help us much, you can still be a mafia roleblocker.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives