[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - D6 [7/16] Misfit

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 pm

n4

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm

edocsil wrote:n4

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.

so that's the night there was no kill. 1 gift stealing , one roleblocking on me. IB said the topic of the post game would be stupidity... could they have messed up that much forgeting they were only 2 and chuck wasn't there anymore for the kill? I wonder if the last mafia can both nk and gift steal at the same time...hum + trade gifts!
Trading gifts and using your natural ability works, I did it last night.
Brigadier betiko

Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 pm

It was unfortunate. She had known so much, been so wise, been a teacher to so many. But Santa's nearest and dearest friend, his wife Jessica, was clearly of of right mind. Perhaps there was a reason behind the madness, but it was clear to the Christmas friends that she had betrayed them. It was unfortunate. They were wrong.

As Jessica was led up to the gallows, she handed her beloved Kristopher something: a china doll, the one he had given to her in Sombertown all those years ago. He cried. He had lost his mother, and now his beloved wife. Jessica smiled, and thought to herself that she hoped that her death led to the greater good. The hood went over her face, and the gallows dropped.

Betiko Jessica Claus, Town Gift Giver has been lynched!

Night 7. 72 hours.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - N7 [6/16] World is Ending Tod

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:54 am

All actions are in but I won't be able to put up a scene until late tonight.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Sergeant pancakemix

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 am

Santa did his due diligence despite his loss. His reindeer patrol, short one leader at the front, watched over the night sky. The wreckage of the toy workshop still smoldered below, the ashes still warm. But the night was dark and full of terrors. Santa looked down over the ruin, and saw The Bumble, once again up to his rotten tricks. Santa swooped down to distract the Bumble and protect the remaining townies, but the Abominable Snow Monster of the North quickly wrapped him up and cast him aside. Santa was flung from his sleigh and killed.

S. D. Kluger watched the murder of Santa from afar. He knew he had to send word for help. He hopped into his mail truck and sped out over the snow dunes. The Bumble caught him in his vision and gave chase. Kluger raced and zigged and zagged until he reached the safety of Sombertown. He ran to the Burgermiester and informed him of Santa's death. "Very good" replied the Burgermiester, "You are next". The Burgermeister's men opened fire on Kluger, and he fell down in an Animagic heap.

Somewhere, a child is crying. Somewhere a tree has no gifts beneath it. Somewhere a Scrooge or a Grinch laughs with glee. There is no more Christmas. There is no more Santa Claus. There is no more winter joy. There is only the cold. There is only the faint snow of night. There is only sorrow.

Little Witt, Kris Kringle, or Santa Claus, Town Gift Distributor has been killed!

Edocsil, S. D. Kluger, Town Messenger has been killed

Gustaf Wasa, Frosty the Snowman, Town Cop has been endgamed!

rishaed, Burgermeister Miesterburger, Mafia Godfather and Gift Thief,
anamainiacks, The Bumble, Mafia Goon
and The other members of the mafia have won!

MoB Deadly, Mother Nature, 3rd Party Lyncher Finder (turned Survivor) has won!

Great game, everyone. Fun to watch. I should have some comments up later today. :D
Epic Win

Sergeant pancakemix

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm

haha, well done guys! yeah the whole rishaed/ani present seemed odd and I did mention by the end that there was a possibility of having 4 mafia... first time i have 4 mafia in the same game though!

so we were actually 9 town, 4 mafia and 3 third parties... that's hard!

my vote for MVP goes to ani! very well played man!

So quite funny, because basically rishaed DID make a slip on his first post about gift stealing. Mets put the attention on me and ani managed to deviate quite well the attention from rishaed...

And I was right, rishaed's claim about the lamb didn't fit with one scene.
Brigadier betiko

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Yay I will take it!

I thought town was doing a little better though, I didn't expect 4 mafia with that many 3rd party!

Was Rishead bulletbroof? I didn't see my vigilante attempt in the scene.

No Lynching Day 1 was a mistake I think.
We got too involved in Betiko vs mets I think, including me :oops:

I guess that made sense why it was hard to get the votes rolling for town, the mafia were obviously stalling and trying to divide the town and it worked.
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Captain MoB Deadly

Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:24 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Yay I will take it!

I thought town was doing a little better though, I didn't expect 4 mafia with that many 3rd party!

Was Rishead bulletbroof? I didn't see my vigilante attempt in the scene.

No Lynching Day 1 was a mistake I think.
We got too involved in Betiko vs mets I think, including me :oops:

I guess that made sense why it was hard to get the votes rolling for town, the mafia were obviously stalling and trying to divide the town and it worked.

yup. And gustaf having no doubt i was scum all the way acusing me of things because of his misreadings and not giving me the benefit of the doubt didn't help..
A couple of things that completely turned the game on mafia side was the fact that you didn't receive my day 1 gift mob, I really would like to know what happened there; second thing is that mafia stole my gifts on night 2, and I would've received met's gift. How come it always looked like they had only 3 actions though??
Brigadier betiko

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:28 pm

WE DID IT!!! Finally, the conniving and scheming is overrrrrr! :D Thanks to PCM for modding and all (: And congrats to MoB and spiesr as well!

betiko wrote:my vote for MVP goes to ani! very well played man!

Wow, thank you! That's a very kind compliment (: Though from the Mafia's perspective, I think you were the MVP... haha :P . If not for your huge conspiracy theories, and more importantly your gift to me on N6 (which I traded along with the one from Witt for a Vig action), we wouldn't have won it. We could've won it earlier on, but we made some bad moves ourselves - like N4! I honestly thought the game was over for Mafia at that point...

betiko wrote:So quite funny, because basically rishaed DID make a slip on his first post about gift stealing. Mets put the attention on me and ani managed to deviate quite well the attention from rishaed...

Well just for the record, rishaed's gift stealing ability just made the gifts disappear into thin air - they never went to scum (:

MoB Deadly wrote:Was Rishead bulletbroof? I didn't see my vigilante attempt in the scene.

Thank goodness you did what I asked :P I had to throw rishaed under the bus on D7 to make sure I wasn't roleblocked by gifts! And well, remember the gifts that rishaed supposedly exchanged for a tracking ability on me for N3? He traded it for bulletproof (:

MoB Deadly wrote:I guess that made sense why it was hard to get the votes rolling for town, the mafia were obviously stalling and trying to divide the town and it worked.

Well to be fair, edoc and Witt were rather inactive in their participation too... But yea, you really were a great help to the townies with all your arguments, which were actually more accurate than not.
Colonel anamainiacks

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (4)

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Well Betiko I thought for sure you were scum the way you were jumping to some conclusions. but yes, we have quite a few unanswered questions. I cant believe you didn't have 1 verifiable action through the entire game that did not help at all either lol.

Well ani was a mafia goon, so he had no "extra" action.

One of them would perform the kill
rishead was our stealer
Chuck was a namecop (rolecop)
IB was the roleblocker

----------

Woah thats weird, someone tracked animaniacs going to my house on the same night my presents were stolen. How did animaniacs visit my house if it wasn't to kill me? I am confused about that as well now.

fastposted - Oh it was rishead with the false tracking result. that makes sense haha. well played.

Well yeah I was going to shoot you, until rishead said he got your present. I thought there was only one scum left so I was like I guess rishead just messed up and cleared ani as a townie making rishead scum.
Captain MoB Deadly

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:38 pm

betiko wrote:yup. And gustaf having no doubt i was scum all the way acusing me of things because of his misreadings and not giving me the benefit of the doubt didn't help..

Wow. Still completely without self-criticism, betiko. You were the one who tried to constantly lynch Metsfanmax, for no reason. "You have been my real target all along." Talk about misreading.

You were the one who defended theChuck. Talk about misreading.

You defended IB, fighting for his survival tooth and nail, posting long posts every day for ten days, doing everything you could to keep him alive - when a Cop investigation had already revealed him as scum!

Talk about misreading.

Even with a revealed scum, you tried to get the town Doc lynched instead - and then the town Cop. Not just casually, you really fought as hard as you could to make it happen. (Luckily all those long, repetitive posts don't equal success. Something to think about. Quality instead of quantity next time.) Talk about misreading, eh?

Really, betiko. I knew you would pick on me again, but "misreadings"? You failed miserably the whole game. And by fighting so hard on behalf of the Mafia the whole time, you made yourself an obvious choice for a lynch. Not to mention your ridiculous personal attacks from the moment I voted for you - insulting, immature language for no reason at all. What an asocial, strange personality. Talk about polluting the atmosphere, which only helped the Mafia.

I recommend betiko gets an Oscar for Best Mafia Impersonation. I have never seen it performed so well.
Last edited by Gustaf Wasa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
General Gustaf Wasa

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 pm

betiko wrote:A couple of things that completely turned the game on mafia side was the fact that you didn't receive my day 1 gift mob, I really would like to know what happened there; second thing is that mafia stole my gifts on night 2, and I would've received met's gift. How come it always looked like they had only 3 actions though??

I'm pretty puzzled about that too, actually. I remember we roleblocked MoB on Night 1, but we certainly didn't steal his gifts...

And it looked like we had 3 actions, because nobody would be alerted that they'd been copped by theChuck. Add in the fact that you were certain Chuck hadn't copped Mets and vice versa, and whala, makes it look like we alternated actions somewhere.

fastposted.

MoB Deadly wrote:Well yeah I was going to shoot you, until rishead said he got your present. I thought there was only one scum left so I was like I guess rishead just messed up and cleared ani as a townie making rishead scum.

Wow, so my frantic posting after dropping the hammer wasn't for nothing \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ But honestly, I really didn't know that unvoting after a hammer would be ignored! I really needed rishaed to confirm my 'townieness' after all :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (4)

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 pm

As for the Mafia, well played. I honestly don't care who wins (it doesn't matter) as long as the game is played well.
General Gustaf Wasa

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Great job by Rish and Ani for pulling it out when Neb got nabbed.

When I unvoted late Day 3? to "save" betiko I was really hoping it was close enough to the deadline that he would still get lynched. I knew we would have to mass claim at some point and I didnt want to hurt my claim by not coming to his defense at all. I thought I was in good shape but not so much. Fortunately it made Betiko look scummy enough that he was an easy lynch later in the game.

I think the town was a little weak. I guess that when it was checked for balance they expected the gifts to be more powerful than they ended up being?
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
betiko wrote:yup. And gustaf having no doubt i was scum all the way acusing me of things because of his misreadings and not giving me the benefit of the doubt didn't help..

Wow. Still completely without self-criticism, betiko. You were the one who tried to constantly lynch Metsfanmax, for no reason. "You have been my real target all along." Talk about misreading.

You were the one who defended theChuck. Talk about misreading.

You defended IB, fighting for his survival tooth and nail, posting long posts every day for ten days, doing everything you could to keep him alive - when a Cop investigation had already revealed him as scum!

Talk about misreading.

Even with a revealed scum, you tried to get the town Doc lynched instead - and then the town Cop. Not just casually, you really fought as hard as you could to make it happen. (Luckily all those long, repetitive posts don't equal success. Something to think about. Quality instead of quantity next time.) Talk about misreading, eh?

Really, betiko. I knew you would pick on me again, but "misreadings"? You failed miserably the whole game. And by fighting so hard on behalf of the Mafia the whole time, you made yourself an obvious choice for a lynch. Not to mention your ridiculous personal attacks from the moment I voted for you - insulting, immature language for no reason at all. What an asocial, strange personality. Talk about polluting the atmosphere, which only helped the Mafia.

I recommend betiko gets an Oscar for Best Mafia Impersonation. I have never seen it performed so well.

haha, you are so funny! without self criticism? again you read only what you like to read my friend. I made a few posts regarding how I screwed things.
But I never defended the chuck, maybe you need to quote that, I wanted to lynch him in a different order than you and mob, you are completely inventing just as you did all game. But hey I guess I'm the one unable to make any sort of self criticism! ;) Let's see what chuck has to say about this, if he felt like I was on his side or not. Maybe next time you will read posts and not have a quick overview and be certain that player X said or did something he didn't even at end game.
Or jump in a game and come in with a case so sure of yourself while you haven't even read the whole thing. Yeah you are going to deny that as you already did, but you did say tha you weren't finished reading TEXTUALLY.

And IB, yes, I defended him. My bad, I already said it. Night 4 was to strange to just jump on your result without even a discussion. PCM's first post DID imply that it was possible to change a player's faction with gifts.

Get over yourself man. You acuse me of not being able to criticize myself, you defintely harmed more town that I did and yet I haven't seen you say only once that you made mistakes. Maybe you should think of both quantity and quality next time, food for thought! :lol:

Oh and please quote the insulting. I think it was when I told you "you are so funny" :lol: I guess "What an asocial, strange personality" comming from you are much nicer words than calling you funny, but hey again, I'm not Swedish! :twisted:
Brigadier betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:12 pm

thechuck51 wrote:Great job by Rish and Ani for pulling it out when IB got nabbed.

When I unvoted late Day 3? to "save" betiko I was really hoping it was close enough to the deadline that he would still get lynched. I knew we would have to mass claim at some point and I didnt want to hurt my claim by not coming to his defense at all. I thought I was in good shape but not so much. Fortunately it made Betiko look scummy enough that he was an easy lynch later in the game.

I think the town was a little weak. I guess that when it was checked for balance they expected the gifts to be more powerful than they ended up being?

EBWOP
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
betiko wrote:A couple of things that completely turned the game on mafia side was the fact that you didn't receive my day 1 gift mob, I really would like to know what happened there; second thing is that mafia stole my gifts on night 2, and I would've received met's gift. How come it always looked like they had only 3 actions though??

I'm pretty puzzled about that too, actually. I remember we roleblocked MoB on Night 1, but we certainly didn't steal his gifts...

And it looked like we had 3 actions, because nobody would be alerted that they'd been copped by theChuck. Add in the fact that you were certain Chuck hadn't copped Mets and vice versa, and whala, makes it look like we alternated actions somewhere.

fastposted.

MoB Deadly wrote:Well yeah I was going to shoot you, until rishead said he got your present. I thought there was only one scum left so I was like I guess rishead just messed up and cleared ani as a townie making rishead scum.

Wow, so my frantic posting after dropping the hammer wasn't for nothing \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ But honestly, I really didn't know that unvoting after a hammer would be ignored! I really needed rishaed to confirm my 'townieness' after all :P

you played perfectly that day 6 man, well done! but rishaed clearing you really messed up my mind when I was sure you were the last remaining scum... either you were both scum or MOB was the remaining scum. It seemed more likely that mob would be the remaining scum as he denied receiving my gift+claimed being blocked... still want to hear from PCM about that!
Brigadier betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 pm

thechuck51 wrote:Great job by Rish and Ani for pulling it out when Neb got nabbed.

Yeah i think we were quite weak, but maybe also because we didn't use well the third parties... Gifting was really hard, you had to gift to someone not mafia AND not obvious enough so that mafia wouldn't steal from that person... I really got unlucky... first gift didn't reach, second and third to a person NKed, 4th blocked and 5th to a mafia, revealed once i was already hammered! :roll: + my attacks on mets and my defense on IB, I really lost all credibility on day 6...
Brigadier betiko

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 pm

So what actually did happen on N4? Did I really save Gustaf?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm

- I really thought this game was going to go to hell early on, with the mafia being pretty much 1 mislynch away from victory around Day 4and the game being pretty uneventful up to that point. But during the runoff, MoB really turned it on (his WC being at stake was probably a factor :p ) and brought life back into town. It’s not often you see such a trustworthy survivor. He’d be my personal choice for MVP, but that’s for you to decide, not me.

- Betiko really couldn’t catch a break here. It didn’t help that there were multiple players with “Gift Giver” as their role name, but by the time Mets was gone that could’ve been believed The whole stealing gifts thing shot him in the foot from the get-go. Night 1 his action got redirected by Jonty to IB. Nobody even remembered Jonty by the end of the game, and that screwed him over. Hammering away on Mets was what really did him in. It didn’t help that he went about it in such a vehement fashion for it to come off as scummy. The whole switching factions thing was just paranoid, but so was Gustaf’s assertion that he had disguised his alignment on investigation. The irony that he investigated the godfather at the end of it was too much for me.

- Part of why I thought this game would fail early on was the gift mechanic. I thought I had fleshed it out with enough gifting roles, but ultimately it did rely on Santa to really move, something I initially feared. Witt missed his N2 action, and that screwed things up with Rish consistently hitting correctly on the steals. I’m not blaming Witt; I’ve been busy like that myself. But once he got things rolling again, the gifts actually got exchanged and the mechanic saw its fruits.

- As a follow up to that, Christmas Magic never saw use, despite everyone’s paranoia that it had happened. There just weren’t enough gifts to go around for people to get to 4 gifts. I think Mets was the only one who tried (or so it seemed, I didn’t know for sure), and even he only got to 2. Despite my note that the 2-gift trade could only make basic actions no one seemed clear on that, which was probably ultimately my fault for not making that clear sooner.

Metsfanmax wrote:So what actually did happen on N4? Did I really save Gustaf?

You did.

As for the discussion Gustaf and betiko are having, please don't reignite any arguments. I realize that the nationality thing is just ribbing, but it can be hard to detect that over the internet. If you want my opinion, lemme put it this way: Is it betiko's fault for being scummy, or is it Gustaf's for not trusting his results? :-k
Epic Win

Sergeant pancakemix

Postby jonty125 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:36 pm

pancakemix wrote:Nobody even remembered Jonty by the end of the game

:cry: :cry: :cry:
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:42 pm

oh so witt did lie by telling he sent me a gift night 2... why the hell would he do that? That's another thing that made me look scummy...
and yeah, absolutely forgot about the redirecting thing... that did hurt a lot!
Yeah and rishaed really nailed all his steals + killing NOS was a hell of a bad news given the fact that he had 2 of my gifts.. I think this is probably the game where I took the most bad decisions!! :? but also luck was really not on our side...

PCM, calling someone swedish isn't an insult, but it's funny to see it's been taken as something negative.
Brigadier betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm

pancakemix wrote:- I really thought this game was going to go to hell early on, with the mafia being pretty much 1 mislynch away from victory around Day 4and the game being pretty uneventful up to that point. But during the runoff, MoB really turned it on (his WC being at stake was probably a factor :p ) and brought life back into town. It’s not often you see such a trustworthy survivor. He’d be my personal choice for MVP, but that’s for you to decide, not me.

Haha, oh how the game would have been completely different had Betiko been lynched and I completed my win condition. That would have changed things pretty dramatically.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jonty redirected Betiko N1, that was the cause. Damn haha, that was the missing puzzlepeice!
Captain MoB Deadly

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
pancakemix wrote:- I really thought this game was going to go to hell early on, with the mafia being pretty much 1 mislynch away from victory around Day 4and the game being pretty uneventful up to that point. But during the runoff, MoB really turned it on (his WC being at stake was probably a factor :p ) and brought life back into town. It’s not often you see such a trustworthy survivor. He’d be my personal choice for MVP, but that’s for you to decide, not me.

Haha, oh how the game would have been completely different had Betiko been lynched and I completed my win condition. That would have changed things pretty dramatically.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jonty redirected Betiko N1, that was the cause. Damn haha, that was the missing puzzlepeice!

even with that piece missing, there was no way you would've believed me!!!
Brigadier betiko

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:35 pm

betiko wrote:haha, well done guys! yeah the whole rishaed/ani present seemed odd and I did mention by the end that there was a possibility of having 4 mafia... first time i have 4 mafia in the same game though!

so we were actually 9 town, 4 mafia and 3 third parties... that's hard!

my vote for MVP goes to ani! very well played man!

So quite funny, because basically rishaed DID make a slip on his first post about gift stealing. Mets put the attention on me and ani managed to deviate quite well the attention from rishaed...

And I was right, rishaed's claim about the lamb didn't fit with one scene.

Yeah, I must say that it was completely unintentional. The thing with MoB and gift stealing just fit too perfect when making my joke vote that it was something that slipped my mind. As for my fake claim, the little Drummer boy was just about the only Rankin/Bass i saw as a kid so I picked something to go along with my 1-shot bulletproof I got.
MoB if you would have vigged ani Mafia would have lost. I tied so much into confirming him, as well as the fake tracker result (I was actually going to get Mets lynched with it except for the fact that chuck posted way too quick before I could call him out on it.) Once you found he was just a goon, it would have been game over for me. (Lynch all Liars).
I was quite impressed with ani as well :). If anything the flags should have been going up when I wasn't on the IB lynch wagon (Ani needed town cred), and put Betiko at L-1, (hoping ani would hammer).
The other thing I was laughing about was the fact that you correctly pegged me and ani as scum over and over again but couldn't dig up a good enough case to convince everyone else about it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives