Conquer Club

++No Handlebars[6/11]Endgame:Without a Trace (Mafia Wins!)++

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++No Handlebars [11/11] Day 1:A Chaotic beginning++

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Vote Count:
S7C (1) - Gustaf Wasa
Jonty125 (2) - aage, NG1
Gustaf Wasa (1) - PCM

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is on Jan 27th. As of Now a No Lynch would be enforced.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Well, I'm at a loss here. Discussion has dropped to minimal. I'm not so sure lynching just to lynch is a good idea. I could see Jonty's role being really bad for town...and very tough to be useful for town. Quite honestly, I don't follow the Some7hingCLEVER line of thought from Gustaf, but maybe we could get a claim from him? Like I said...not sure where to go here. I'm open to discussion.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Well to be honest, I dont know if jonty's role is scum or not, but lets say it is town. Do you trust him with a large amount of votes, possibly holding the lynch in your hands? I can honestly say if he were to use it on a future day when he had more time to detect scum and make reasonable cases (based on evidence, not guesses) then I would be able to trust him as I feel like hes pretty good at that kind of stuff. Thats my opinion. If everyone can agree on that, then we just need to decide if we think hes scum or not. After that, its pretty obvious the course of action for if we think he is scum, but if we think he is town and enough of us trust him then I would say let him live. Of course that takes alot of time, so we may just want to consider the scum town aspect for today and move on to trust with votes tomorrow if we decide not to lynch him. As for S7C, I do not see anything of merit there and Gustaf may be jumping the gun on him, but honestly he did make an okay case for Day 1, so I would not be 100% for a lynch on him.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 am

@ newguy ... One of the things you can build on is the nature of the response ... some of which looks dodgy ... not just the words but the timing ... but you are right ... it's day one ... and what else can we expect? Lots here to look back on!! Some pushing just a little too hard and a few holding back just a little too much! Frankly, it's been a better day one than a lot I have seen! Time has run out and I think we can sleep well!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 pm

So we have a claim and a a "case" and hardly 24 hours left...I don't know what we can do from here we really have no time...I hate no lynches ..any ideas anyone
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@ newguy ... One of the things you can build on is the nature of the response ... some of which looks dodgy ... not just the words but the timing ... but you are right ... it's day one ... and what else can we expect? Lots here to look back on!! Some pushing just a little too hard and a few holding back just a little too much! Frankly, it's been a better day one than a lot I have seen! Time has run out and I think we can sleep well!

The reason why part of my response seemed dodgy is because there isnt much I can take sides on besides if jonty is town or not, which for picking's sake is that I believe he's town because of his "whatever" response up until there were alot of votes on him. I feel that his episode of "I wont give my role" was scummy, but I dont feel that he is scum. Also, this is just to make sure your post does not snowball to a case, not because I am concerned as I could have just as easily not posted any response.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Mod Note:
Vote count is the same as yesterday. D1 ends at 9PM tomorrow.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:43 am

aage wrote:wasn't responded to, which I took to mean "+1". If you think I have been led astray by S7C, please note Jonty wasn't mentioned in this quote at all. [/color]

That wasn't my point either. But simply that he moved the discussion in that direction, that there should be a lynch. You must know that was what I meant.

I do wonder if you're choosing to attack S7C over me because you think you can gain more momentum over S7C... Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Why should I suspect you instead, do you mean? Also a bit odd. I already explained why I said S7C. Twice I noted that, yes, not a strong case. But at least something, whereas the bandwagon on jonty was based on "We got nothing on him, but let's just pick someone".
Jonty's ability doesn't sound extremely useful and I'd gladly lynch him, since vote control sounds extremely scummy.

I disagree that it sounds scummy. It seems consistent with the game theme. Rishaed said the game was based on a part in the song, which must be the part where it picks up and turns into a Big Brother theme. So spying on, and controlling, other players are what I expect most roles to be about.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby aage on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:51 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
aage wrote:wasn't responded to, which I took to mean "+1". If you think I have been led astray by S7C, please note Jonty wasn't mentioned in this quote at all. [/color]

That wasn't my point either. But simply that he moved the discussion in that direction, that there should be a lynch. You must know that was what I meant.

I do wonder if you're choosing to attack S7C over me because you think you can gain more momentum over S7C... Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Why should I suspect you instead, do you mean? Also a bit odd. I already explained why I said S7C. Twice I noted that, yes, not a strong case. But at least something, whereas the bandwagon on jonty was based on "We got nothing on him, but let's just pick someone".
Jonty's ability doesn't sound extremely useful and I'd gladly lynch him, since vote control sounds extremely scummy.

I disagree that it sounds scummy. It seems consistent with the game theme. Rishaed said the game was based on a part in the song, which must be the part where it picks up and turns into a Big Brother theme. So spying on, and controlling, other players are what I expect most roles to be about.

So the "control" roles are not the bad guys? :P
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:00 am

aage wrote:
Gustaf Wasa wrote:

So the "control" roles are not the bad guys? :P

The part of the music video that came to mind concerning jonty's role was the Peace Guy trying to rouse the crowd... and having a hobo join him. Maybe jonty will be more successful with his attempt. :lol:
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Final D1 Vote Count:
S7C (1) - Gustaf Wasa
Jonty125 (2) - aage, NG1
Gustaf Wasa (1) - PCM
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Scene coming up seperately.

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

The group slowly gathered together. Laughing a bit about yesterday night they start out the conversation, however it soon turns more serious. Who brought him in? How did he know about us? Where is the accomplices? For they were sure he didn't come by chance. He might have had a few contacts within the group. Finally they single out a man who had been a focal point of the jokes. Who are you? What do you do? I'm just your average spokesperson, plainly put a Poet, he replied. O:) I've never heard of a Poet. :-s Sounds strange! [-( Lets kill someone! [-o< In the end it fizzled out, and the drinks started flowing. Whatever would be done must wait for tomorrow.
D1 has ended with a No Lynch.
N1 Start!
Night 1 ends on Jan 29th.

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 am

Apologies for my absence (again). It's been a hell of a weekend...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: ++No Handlebars [11/11] Night 1:Subtle Unrest++

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

Np, it didn't seem like anything much happened here while you were gone.

Re: ++No Handlebars [11/11] Night 1:Subtle Unrest++

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:31 pm

I am missing Night Actions from a few ppl, so I will extend the Night 24 hrs. Deadline tomorrow at 9.

Re: ++No Handlebars [11/11] Day 2: Blinded Watcher++

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:09 pm

A man wakes up this morning and turns on the news like every other day. His memory is clouded last night. "Must of drunk too much. . . I can't remember anything." That and why am I sleeping on the sofa? The news has a shocking story on the page, "Man killed on the street horrid posts behind" ran the headline. He turned the volume up. "Late last night a body was found in an alley, witnesses report that disturbingly enough the eyeballs had been removed, and his blood was used to write a message behind him.
Watcher, Watcher can't you see
So intently watching, you should have watched me!
Gustaf Wasa Mike Ward Town Watcher has been killed.
Strangly enough he knew the man, he belonged to that group in the corner at the bar he went to. Just then he hears two voices from the bedroom, he must have picked up some people again. When you leave lock the door behind you he yells. He'd like a shot of Vodka, but since he had to go to work, water would have to work for now.
Day 2 Start Ends Feb. 9th.

Postby aage on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 pm

vote Jonty to continue where we left off yesterday.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 pm

So I was out drinking with the guys last night, and I said to my buddy, I said, how about we go to that new place where they play classical music, I hear they're playing Händel the whole week.

And he turned to me and said, no Händel bars.

Guess I should have gone anyway, instead of taking a turn into that dark alley. 8-) Go, town!
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Gustaf Wasa wrote:So I was out drinking with the guys last night, and I said to my buddy, I said, how about we go to that new place where they play classical music, I hear they're playing Händel the whole week.

And he turned to me and said, no Händel bars.

Guess I should have gone anyway, instead of taking a turn into that dark alley. 8-) Go, town!

:lol: :lol:

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

aage wrote:vote Jonty to continue where we left off yesterday.

I've claimed, what else would you like me to do.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm

jonty125 wrote:

I can't think of a pun on "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die", but I can't think of a good one and I think you get the gest.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:18 pm

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

I'd like to make a pun on "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die", but I can't think of a good one and I think you get the gest.

That sentence went awkward.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: ++No Handlebars [10/11] Day 2: Blinded Watcher++

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm

So I take it you dont believe he is town? How about we wait to see if anyone got anything from their night actions instead of lynching immediately, shall we? ;)
Sergeant new guy1

Postby aage on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 pm

new guy1 wrote:So I take it you dont believe he is town? How about we wait to see if anyone got anything from their night actions instead of lynching immediately, shall we? ;)

There are five more votes needed before he is lynched, and when that happens he'll probably pull his trick so we're nowhere near a lynch yet. If you have anything to share, though, go ahead.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:18 pm

I have nothing to share, I am just saying that instead of placing a vote, we should see if there is any information. But I withdrawal that argument since it is true he needs several more votes.
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives