Conquer Club

++No Handlebars[6/11]Endgame:Without a Trace (Mafia Wins!)++

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++No Handlebars [11/11] Day 1:A Chaotic beginning++

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm

It chaps my hide a little bit when a person at L-1 doesn't claim. I almost voted Jonty after he said he wouldn't be claiming because it was "joke" votes. Admittedly it was...but now I'm curious...what does he have to hide? I'm pretty sure there are no vanilla roles here, and Jonty would have protection no matter how super-awesome-unbeatablely-great he thought his role was...

Vote Jonty Let's see what he comes up with now...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Nendreel on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Just_essence wrote:Is it a normal thing for Day 1 lynches to happen? Or is the opposite what happens mostly? (First-timer here)

I'm still fairly new myself, but from what I've seen Day 1 lynches are pretty common. Between scumslips, inactives and occasionally due to game rules there's usually someone who gets lynched on D1.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Little Witt on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm

I am ready to vote on jonty if he doesn't come form with a claim soon.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Mod Note: Jonty is L-1 again the next vote will hammer.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 am

Hello guys, just jumping in just in case rishaed was about to prod me. Sorry for not posting for a while; I was planning to post after work yesterday, but when I came back home I passed out like a clubbed seal. Will post something more substantial shortly.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 am

I agree there should preferably be a lynch on Day 1, but to lynch jonty "just because"? I don't agree with that. There should at least be something resembling a case. Take a look at S7C for instance:

--S7C was the second to vote for jonty. That was the first start of a wagon.

--S7C started the prodding case against me, kind of leading aage in the right direction. "Here he says it seemed he was seriously showing suspicion"

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
Gustaf Wasa wrote:Hippo hey, no need for sarcasm. Seemed to me too you showed genuine suspicion for Some7hingCLEVER. Usually a joke vote is something like "vote XX for bad taste" etc, not "vote XX for suspect posts".

Here he says it seemed he was seriously showing suspicion

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I'm here and I sense that clever is being too clever by half - aghast at the original post - bandwagoning - scared of spiders - head up his ... oops in his hands, ain't no excuses my schimeric friend - where are your handlebars now? Hmmm? vote Clever

How did anyone take this seriously? I guess the "scared of spiders" and "schimeric friend" are pretty damning. It's like Hippo was riding a bike with no handlebars or something...

Anyway, please explain what in this post was "serious"...

The true question is: did anyone?

As far as I know everyone can at this point claim it was all a ruse from the joke vote phase and nobody could dispute it. I never took Hippo's post seriously; it obviously wasn't... but it was weird and hence my playful response. We don't call them "joke votes" because they're just remarks though. I don't actually want to see him lynched today.

His response to me was,again weird, though. I don't know why he assumed I was being serious. Still don't want to lynch him though.

--When that fizzled, S7C encouraged a lynch of jonty:

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Ya I usually hate no lynch day one it usually leaves us nowhere for day two

I could of course be wrong. But as a lynch candidate right now, Some7hingCLEVER looks like a better choice than jonty.

unvote

vote Some7hingCLEVER
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Looks like you guys are going to turn the joke case into a real case.

I am, Edward Jones Town Poet.

I have 1-shot ability to read my poetic masterpiece. This will cause a random number of people (could be 0, could be 10) to be forced to place their vote on a person of my choosing, and not be able to move it until tomorrow.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 pm

UNVOTE

ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:46 pm

This Should be correct:
Vote Count:
S7C (1) - Gustaf Wasa
Jonty125 (4) - S7C, aage, Nebuchadnezer, NG1
Gustaf Wasa (1) - PCM

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Jan 27th.
Mod Note: All days without a majority will end in a No Lynch.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am

Tough to say on jonty. I suppose that's believable, but by its nature it's wholly unverifiable. I also doubt its usefulness.

As for Gustaf's case on Clever, it's a bit tenuous. I think I need more convincing than that to follow that logic.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 am

jonty125 wrote:Looks like you guys are going to turn the joke case into a real case.

I have 1-shot ability to read my poetic masterpiece. This will cause a random number of people (could be 0, could be 10) to be forced to place their vote on a person of my choosing, and not be able to move it until tomorrow.

That would be so much fun to see in action. (Seems more efficient later in the game though.) Also reminds me of the No Handlebars song rishaed posted; you know, controlling the masses. Seems consistent with the theme.

pancakemix wrote:Tough to say on jonty. I suppose that's believable, but by its nature it's wholly unverifiable. I also doubt its usefulness.

As for Gustaf's case on Clever, it's a bit tenuous. I think I need more convincing than that to follow that logic.

Yes, but like I said, at least something resembling a case, which I don't see when it comes to jonty. To clarify my post above, S7C seems to be "fanning the flames" in both cases. When it comes to "Ya I usually hate no lynch day one it usually leaves us nowhere for day two" (on page 7), that is when there was talk about whether there would be a lynch. S7C's comment moves the discussion in the direction of having a lynch of just anyone, just to have a lynch on Day 1.

IF S7C would turn out to be Mafia, I would say he is a smooth criminal. Not leading the charge, but making sure there is a charge. Maybe I should have waited to bring this up, in order to see if it would happen again.
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:
IF S7C would turn out to be Mafia, I would say he is a smooth criminal. Not leading the charge, but making sure there is a charge. Maybe I should have waited to bring this up, in order to see if it would happen again.

Who knows, you might not live until tomorrow. It's good bringing up your suspicions.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 am

I dislike Gustaf's protective stance towards Jonty before the claim, and his attempt to immediately divert attention to an equally unastonishing case.
Gustaf Wasa wrote:I agree there should preferably be a lynch on Day 1, but to lynch jonty "just because"? I don't agree with that. There should at least be something resembling a case. Take a look at S7C for instance:

--S7C was the second to vote for jonty. That was the first start of a wagon. This is horse shit. No way S7C has been planning to lynch Jonty from that vote onwards.

--S7C started the prodding case against me, kind of leading aage in the right direction. "Here he says it seemed he was seriously showing suspicion"
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
Gustaf Wasa wrote:Hippo hey, no need for sarcasm. Seemed to me too you showed genuine suspicion for Some7hingCLEVER. Usually a joke vote is something like "vote XX for bad taste" etc, not "vote XX for suspect posts".

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I'm here and I sense that clever is being too clever by half - aghast at the original post - bandwagoning - scared of spiders - head up his ... oops in his hands, ain't no excuses my schimeric friend - where are your handlebars now? Hmmm? vote Clever

How did anyone take this seriously? I guess the "scared of spiders" and "schimeric friend" are pretty damning. It's like Hippo was riding a bike with no handlebars or something...

As far as I know everyone can at this point claim it was all a ruse from the joke vote phase and nobody could dispute it. I never took Hippo's post seriously; it obviously wasn't... but it was weird and hence my playful response. We don't call them "joke votes" because they're just remarks though. I don't actually want to see him lynched today.

His response to me was,again weird, though. I don't know why he assumed I was being serious. Still don't want to lynch him though.
The quote after yours
wasn't responded to, which I took to mean "+1". If you think I have been led astray by S7C, please note Jonty wasn't mentioned in this quote at all.

--When that fizzled, S7C encouraged a lynch of jonty:

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Ya I usually hate no lynch day one it usually leaves us nowhere for day two
Well, it is true. Even you would rather lynch S7C over these mostly baseless accusations than pass up the opportunity for a kill. Strange world, isn't it?

I could of course be wrong. But as a lynch candidate right now, Some7hingCLEVER looks like a better choice than jonty.

unvote

vote Some7hingCLEVER

I do wonder if you're choosing to attack S7C over me because you think you can gain more momentum over S7C... Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Jonty's ability doesn't sound extremely useful and I'd gladly lynch him, since vote control sounds extremely scummy.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Woah...gone for a few days my bad...reading up and will post
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

unvote jonty

my responses are in blue

Gustaf Wasa wrote:I agree there should preferably be a lynch on Day 1, but to lynch jonty "just because"? I don't agree with that. There should at least be something resembling a case. Take a look at S7C for instance:

--S7C was the second to vote for jonty. That was the first start of a wagon.
ya. this is a bad reason. i voted second! there is no way i could realize he would get this close because of that!!
--S7C started the prodding case against me, kind of leading aage in the right direction. "Here he says it seemed he was seriously showing suspicion" OMGUS? i pointed something out that i thought was suspicious and if this is a crime everyone would be guitly.

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

--When that fizzled, S7C encouraged a lynch of jonty: i did not say i was gonna try and lynch jonty i said i dont like no lynches. was that unclear?

unvote

vote Some7hingCLEVER

so basically your voting me cause i voted for someone second and if thats the case why dont we vote for the guy who voted first? you're also voting for me because i brought something up on you which is true i did but it is not scummy at all and because of this i think you are fishing for things and making this a bigger deal than it is. and your third reason was that i like to lynch someone rather than a no lynch. if you misunderstood what i said about the no lynch then i understand but otherwise im confused.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby Nendreel on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:46 pm

And this is why I hate D1.

Still, we got a claim from jonty. Not sure if I quite believe it yet, but I can't really doubt it at this point either. Seems like both an overpowered and weak ability at the same time.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Vote Count:
S7C (1) - Gustaf Wasa
Jonty125 (3) - aage, Nebuchadnezer, NG1
Gustaf Wasa (1) - PCM

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is on Jan 27th. As of Now a No Lynch would be enforced.

Postby Little Witt on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Well, we are running out of options and idk but Clever might have just been looking for a lynch of any kind, but he certainly wanted a lynch. And so do I, otherwise I feel like this day might not yet as much info as it could if we vote NL

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Little Witt wrote:Well, we are running out of options and idk but Clever might have just been looking for a lynch of any kind, but he certainly wanted a lynch. And so do I, otherwise I feel like this day might not yet as much info as it could if we vote NL

Are you suggesting that we oblige him in his wish? Surely he's not a jester!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Little Witt on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:14 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Little Witt wrote:Well, we are running out of options and idk but Clever might have just been looking for a lynch of any kind, but he certainly wanted a lynch. And so do I, otherwise I feel like this day might not yet as much info as it could if we vote NL

Are you suggesting that we oblige him in his wish? Surely he's not a jester!

I just want a lynch or if we pressure clever enough we can find out if he was scummy so we have more to go off of tomorrow.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm

jonty125 wrote:Looks like you guys are going to turn the joke case into a real case.

Guh...I'm in the camp of "meh, pretty useless role". It's basically a 1-shot daykill, which isn't bad, but could be really bad if it were a mafia role...or if Jonty got mad at someone and just wanted him gone. I tend to think he wouldn't do that, and given that he complied with the claim, I will unvote.

I'm not sure Some7hingCLEVER has been acting scummy, but if we want to get another claim out there, I could live with it...let me reread his posts...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Sorry for the inactiveness, been busy. I will be trying to post more in the coming day or so.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:29 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:Yes, but like I said, at least something resembling a case, which I don't see when it comes to jonty. To clarify my post above, S7C seems to be "fanning the flames" in both cases. When it comes to "Ya I usually hate no lynch day one it usually leaves us nowhere for day two" (on page 7), that is when there was talk about whether there would be a lynch. S7C's comment moves the discussion in the direction of having a lynch of just anyone, just to have a lynch on Day 1.

How am I fanning the cases? I voted on jonty on...well basically nothing! And when I realized he got close I backed off

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:This is my post to the opening scene blah blah blah man with hood blah blah blah maybe there is a bouncer in a club or bar not sure blah blah blah

Fast posted

Ohhhhh I like small details that make people look scummy

vote jonty

I voted for Jonty because him and aage made some silly mistake that me and nedreal picked on. I didn't say it was actually scummy(I do say it is but it was a joke . I figure that was obvious as it was on the 4th page) I didn't expect a bandwagon in him.

And yes I'll be honest I would rather lynch someone than a no lynch. Look at what a no lynch get us

No lynch:
no one dies so we don't see a role and we don't get information
We move straight to the night and a town is killed
We get night actions (which won't be revealed on day 2)
And we end up on day 2 only knowing a town is killed

Lynch
Yes we lose someone but it could be town or mafia so we get a claim and some info on that including a scene
Go to the night and the doctor has some idea of who may be mafia depending on the lynch result
Night actions again
And we lose a town at night which is inevitable
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am

Deadline is 48 hours, we have 1 claim, a fairly underpowered role, do we want to risk exposing something powerful? One claim will be OK in a 11 player game, for D1.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:38 pm

I still think we should lynch Jonty. No-lynching also does not work in our advantage at all numberwise.

Scum needs to equal or outnumber town to win, which means the fastest win for them is an even number.
This means that if there are eg. 2 scum and 5 town alive, a no-lynch means 2-4 which means one mislynch is lethal.
What we'd be doing by no-lynching is literally passing up an opportunity to make a lynch. I think that, objectively speaking, we need to give Town as many lynches as possible, and that means we have to keep an uneven amount of players.

This of course assumes there is a) barely investigative leads, b) no doc save and c) no second night kill (SK, vig). In case of the first two, great (although one doc save doesn't mean anything unless he claims), in case of the latter, sucks but that only means we have to lynch even more (and our objective chances of hitting non-town at this point are even higher).

Worth thinking about.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives