Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

rishaed wrote:For my Townie Defense I have this. . .
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...
jokevote
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)

EWBOP
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:sorry, for not posting but here i am, personally im not a strong supporter of any of the cases, mostly cause they lack supstance, and i support the furthering of discussion during this game, i have noticed a few small things but nothing strong yet, and nothing warranting mention, although some what unrelated its funny how often we call out others for faults we are showing,

also unvote
You can't "support the furthering of discussion" while at the same time not actually contributing to it yourself at all.
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:30 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:sorry, for not posting but here i am, personally im not a strong supporter of any of the cases, mostly cause they lack supstance, and i support the furthering of discussion during this game, i have noticed a few small things but nothing strong yet, and nothing warranting mention, although some what unrelated its funny how often we call out others for faults we are showing,

also unvote
You can't "support the furthering of discussion" while at the same time not actually contributing to it yourself at all.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 am

rishaed wrote:
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

jokevote
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)

EWBOP

Hmmm, so I did misrepresent you. I apologize for that. I looked at jonty's votecount, and you were the second name listed on my wagon, so I assumed incorrectly that you BW'ed.

Then when you said "I support this wagon", in my mind it registers as "support=vote".

However, switching the focus back to me isn't the way to clear the most egregious aspects of the case on you:
what are you trying to pull by "supporting" a wagon by not voting for it? What is the difference in your mind?

rishaed wrote:Sure I support it but I don't feel that it is worth my vote, especially b/c it's D1 and I usually never strongly support a lynch D1. I just don't like mislyching ppl in this game. Maybe it'd look less scummy if I actually voted him, you are calling me scummy for BW'ing so it irrelevant at this point.

rishaed wrote:

jokevote

EWBOP

Secondly, what changed between these two posts? In one, you seemed to not care too much about my case on you. In the second, you pulled out all the stops on my admittedly frivolous case. I hadn't posted in the meantime, so the only thing that changed was 2 extra votes on you. This is pretty textbook "squirming under pressure OMGUS".
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 am

DoomYoshi (3) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed;
rishaed (3) - DoomYoshi; soundman; Kanin Usagi;
Kanin Usagi (1) - crazymilkshake5
crazymilkshake5 (1) - Hank44Soccer
soundman (1) - thechuck51;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:45 am

The following players have been prodded:

crazymilkshake5
edocsil
pancakemix
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 am

Knew I forgot something yesterday...

For my Townie Defense I have this. . .

Odd choice of words, rish. Would it be your scum defense otherwise? :lol:

That said, I know I've been in favor of pursuing cases but not actually willing to put my vote on them, mainly because I wanted to see them develop. But it's D1, early D1 at that. I don't see the point of supporting a case and not actually putting a vote there at this point, at least not without good reason.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 pm

@spiesr, i meant that i support more discussion, and yes i haven't really been contributing, but i am willing to do so.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:03 pm

show

The difference is that i hadn't caught the discrepancy until the second post. Call me an idiot, but I read through waiting to see if anything I read comes out to me as scummy. I had been looking back for who else had voted you when I caught that "flaw". About pressure, I don't really care, I will claim at L-2 if it gets to that point, I have nothing to hide. The first I wasn't convinced you were scum, and had no reason to put a serious vote on you, the second one I had found something scummy, and thus put a serious vote on you. Also D1 is hard for me because I don't have anything with which to defend myself, other than large walls of posts, which may/may not help allay peoples suspicions on me.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm

rishaed wrote:u. Also D1 is hard for me because I don't have anything with which to defend myself, other than large walls of posts, which may/may not help allay peoples suspicions on me.

I think this is true of everyone, which is why I like to start day 1 with a fiststorm of fury.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Hank44Soccer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Unvote Vote Rishaed

You're making a big deal out of nothing
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:Unvote Vote Rishaed

You're making a big deal out of nothing

Care to explain?? I like being able to go after people who make "mistakes" it's how I catch scum.

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:25 pm

I actually meant to vote rish in my last post. Vote Rish

That puts you at -2. Claiming is advisable.

FOS Hank for seemingly bandwagoning/skimming.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm

unvote

Hank, other than your irony in voting, what are you going to bring to the game?

Greg... there is no time like the present lol. Do you want someone to ask you specific questions so you can get involved?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Lol, full of shit waggon is full of shit. By the way, this post is going to be largely explicit, I am NOT impressed right now.

You guys are fucking retarded. Rish said that inactives shouldn't be inactive, and by extent said we can do better then hang the inactive due to his prior vote. HOLY SHIT, Kill the man!

Here is his "bandwagon"
rishaed wrote:vote Doom he must be the mafia whose going to bring Doooooooom on all of us.

6 motherfucking hours after the game started. What the f*ck.

After I and another vote doom, doom calls out Rish for "bandwagoning" and is met with this.

Solid vote, Doom's logic has been 100% bullshit so far and people are just following him around for some reason I can't really fathom.

Lets take a break from Doom for a sec.

pancakemix wrote:I actually meant to vote rish in my last post. Vote Rish

That puts you at -2. Claiming is advisable.

FOS Hank for seemingly bandwagoning/skimming.

I mean come on man. Your one of the fucking nominees. You force a claim for THIS? I know you aren't reading this much, you got prodded with me too, you just jumped on the current fucking wagon. Shame on you. If I were a vig I would peg you tonight without question.

Back now to Doom. Your logic as I said has been awful. There isn't much of an excuse for your lynch vode case, you knew the holes were there, you we just setting up a witch hunt and you know it. Now for your more successful Rish case. As I have mentioned it was on some damn shaky ground to begin with with OMGUS and the lack of any real reasoning behind the case, and look you pegged a protector with your asinine wagon. Good job. Your buddies will thank you for it, less so if they backed you on that wagon and exposed themselves as well.

As for why being illogical and wrong is scummy.
DoomYoshi wrote:Edoc: why are poor leaps of logic scummy, again?

I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

For those who won't read my wall, Lynch Doom, he is scum.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Hank44Soccer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=183503&start=30#p4022651]jokevote]

I voted for him, because, he's throwing out accusations, and the Big All caps text, seems over the top. I don't know why he's calling Doom Yoshi a scum , he hasn't done anything suspicious. I don't know what to think about his claim, it may or may not be true. I don't know what to think yet, but I do know, that he was getting really excited over nothing.
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:51 pm

edocsil wrote:I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

I didn't intentionally misdirect town. I was just being proactive in building cases. You will note the very first post of the day was a case by me. The vote on rish, I have already explained. The wagon that followed me is because he directly did look like he was squirming. Yes, the wagon sucks, if he is the bodyguard. Other than me, who do you think is most likely to be scum on it? I am trying to bring everyone into the game instead of it just being me and rish.

Anyways, for future reference rishaed, when you are protective (if you actually are), try and lay low. That means no all-caps walls of text ;)
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

I didn't intentionally misdirect town. I was just being proactive in building cases. You will note the very first post of the day was a case by me. The vote on rish, I have already explained. The wagon that followed me is because he directly did look like he was squirming. Yes, the wagon sucks, if he is the bodyguard. Other than me, who do you think is most likely to be scum on it? I am trying to bring everyone into the game instead of it just being me and rish.

Anyways, for future reference rishaed, when you are protective (if you actually are), try and lay low. That means no all-caps walls of text ;)

Let's think. I seem to recall saying I would vig PCM if I could :?
Proactive just screams scum if you are wrong, building straw arguments, or other weak cases. First has no meaning, being RIGHT has meaning. You are throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. This is not townish in any remote way, it's just distracting.

Hank44Soccer wrote:I voted for him, because, he's throwing out accusations, and the Big All caps text, seems over the top. I don't know why he's calling Doom Yoshi a scum , he hasn't done anything suspicious. I don't know what to think about his claim, it may or may not be true. I don't know what to think yet, but I do know, that he was getting really excited over nothing.

A few things.

Explain how Larger text is scummy, it's for making a point in long walls. Most noobs don't read the walls so making something STAND OUT emphasizes important sections and ensures conclusions are read.
Also explain how he is throwing accusations. So far he has called one person scum this entire game. (less than me)
Please do not simply repeat things that Doom has said, you only make yourself look foolish.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Wait, what???!! I wanted to Emphasize the fact that it was indeed a serious vote and not like my joke vote earlier. The ONLY CAPS IN THE ENTIRE PARAGRAPH ARE THINGS I WANTED TO EMPHASIZE. BUT SEEING AS IT MUST BE OPPOSITE DAY, THEN I WILL START WRITING IN ALL CAPS TO SATISFY YOUR "ALL CAPS WALLS OF TEXT." SO I FIND YOU AND HANK ARE REALLY GOOD LYNCH TARGETS TODAY! I DON'T MIND THE WALL OF TEXT PART, BUT THE ALL CAPS PART IS COMPLETE bs AND YOU KNOW IT. :evil: :evil:
AND I KNOW COLOR AND BOLD WORKS AS WELL, BUT DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHAT KIND OF WAY I USE TO EMPHASIZE THINGS???!!! PLUS I USE COLOR AND BOLD FOR VOTING PURPOSES SO THAT THE MOD DOESN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT. HANK I DON'T KNOW ABOUT, BUT YOU ARE EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING RIGHT NOW IS bs.

As for the lying low, I really didn't have a choice. If you seem to remember I was being proactive, and thus hiding in plain sight. You even admitted it was fully on faulty logic, so Hank and PCM have even more scummyness attached to them for skimming/ forcing a claim on a crap/faulty case.
So my top 3 would be right now.
Doom
Hank
PCM
Hank and his one line votes aren't really helping either.
fp'd by about just what im going to say. . . by edoc.

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 am

hello, and no doom no questions needed, and i am trying to be a more active poster, but what i usually like to do is observe and post when i think something needs pointed out, if someone hasn't already done so, but as this habit has gotten me lynched before im trying to overcome it.

on another note i think i have been confusing this with community mafia.

but i would have to agree with edoc and rishaed here doom you do seem a bit scummy, either that or you are trying to get something out of today, its hard to tell

i say this because at the start of today you came out with this vote on vodean, an innactive,
DoomYoshi wrote:Vote vodean

A) major scummarine
B) he hasn't been on since before jonty sent out the PMs, but jonty didn't notice the pm was in his box, which means at least one other player got that pm.... Which means he is probably mafia.

and when this failed you switched targets from vodean to rishaed,

DoomYoshi wrote:
Anyways, I generally agree with those situations. It wasn't a stab in the dark, I interpreted what jonty said as being unusual considering the timestamp on vodean's last visit. I interpreted this to mean only one thing - his pm was opened with another player. Since nobody else agrees with that interpretation, I am willing to drop it, but if hank flips scum later I will ROFL.

Now, to the real meat of the question:

You want to target somebody who brings an inactive case (which was the smaller aspect of my case, I wouldn't honestly support a lynch on somebody for not confirming, you can check my meta for that). So, why not vote for the player who a)didn't notice the replacement and then started an inactive case or b) the player who blindly followed that case.

Spiesr, I don't want to pick on you, so:

Edoc: why are poor leaps of logic scummy, again?
rishaed: that's a double bandwagon on your part (me and then soundman)...

vote rishaed

and after rishaed claims you drop that attack and from this next post it would seem to me that you are shifting your target to hank, who just happened to be the replacement of vodean
DoomYoshi wrote:unvote

Hank, other than your irony in voting, what are you going to bring to the game?

Greg... there is no time like the present lol. Do you want someone to ask you specific questions so you can get involved?

so i would have to say that this is a scum trying to find town members roles, or you are simply trying way to hard to form a case on day 1
im undecided atm so ill wait before casting my vote
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am

rishaed (4) - soundman; Kanin Usagi; Hank44Soccer; pancakemix
DoomYoshi (3) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed;
Kanin Usagi (1) - crazymilkshake5
soundman (1) - thechuck51;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
rishaed wrote:

jokevote

EWBOP

Hmmm, so I did misrepresent you. I apologize for that. I looked at jonty's votecount, and you were the second name listed on my wagon, so I assumed incorrectly that you BW'ed.

Then when you said "I support this wagon", in my mind it registers as "support=vote".

However, switching the focus back to me isn't the way to clear the most egregious aspects of the case on you:
what are you trying to pull by "supporting" a wagon by not voting for it? What is the difference in your mind?

rishaed wrote:Sure I support it but I don't feel that it is worth my vote, especially b/c it's D1 and I usually never strongly support a lynch D1. I just don't like mislyching ppl in this game. Maybe it'd look less scummy if I actually voted him, you are calling me scummy for BW'ing so it irrelevant at this point.

rishaed wrote:

jokevote

EWBOP

Secondly, what changed between these two posts? In one, you seemed to not care too much about my case on you. In the second, you pulled out all the stops on my admittedly frivolous case. I hadn't posted in the meantime, so the only thing that changed was 2 extra votes on you. This is pretty textbook "squirming under pressure OMGUS".

I just wanted to note this. . . he ONLY unvotes AFTER I claim even though his case is frivolous ie. has no basis, no foundation, no facts backing it up. At this point, A. I would unvote. B. I would go somewhere else, but he waits until I claim to unvote which is highly scummy in my opinion of the matter, bringing me to L-2 with the entire BW'ing/skimming. I have a right to defend myself, by all means I would view "squirming under pressure" as claiming early to avoid going to L-2, not making a well thought out defense. Shame on all of you if you let him live today. Because If he's not scum he's helping them out tremendously, which is only a hinderance to townies looking for scum.

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 pm

The reason I didn't unvote is because of your behavior after the case. Yes, my initial case was poor. However, your reaction to the case was even poorer, which caused the vote to stay where it is. I can understand why you are frustrated right now, and I am pretty pissed that you ended up being a bodyguard. However, venge-lynching me won't help anything.

Hank, if I haven't "done anything suspicious" as you claim, then why is edoc voting for me?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm

rishaed wrote:Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?
So, how do we evaluate the authenticity of a claim in this game, we there is a finite but vast number of potential fake-claims available? We don't a have record of actions to compare it against yet. I suppose that as a Bodyguard we can just wait and see if he dies. (Since unless he gets blocked he should find a bullet to jump in front of within a few days.) The flip side to that is how long can we wait before deciding that it was fake? With only 12 players we won't likely have a lot of Days at our disposal.
What does everybody else think?
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives