Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby soundman on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Well that claim is good enough for now. Unvote Vote No Lynch.
Lieutenant soundman

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Night One

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 am

DEADLINE HAS FALLEN!

No Lynch (3) - rishaed; DoomYoshi; soundman
DoomYoshi (2) - spiesr; edocsil;
rishaed (1) - Kanin Usagi;

The Gods of random and had picked the players, and now they would play this game. The game started off slowly and lots of prods were sent out. However, the game did begin to pick up. Two made claims. At the end of the day, the votes were counted. Three out of six voters wanted a no lynch, and that is what they got.

Night has fallen. Deadline for actions is Monday 28 January @ 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (11/12) Day Two

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Soundman through his hat in the ring,
Just a confused Italian,
Been mistaken for the bad guys,
And then he got in the way.

He hid behind the wrong person,
The target spoke briefly,
"I didn't expect this,
But now you're in my way,"

Soundman's stare was holding,
Ripped skin, knife in heart.
Cold blood, wind was blowin'
"Where you think you're going?" sneered the killer

"Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my blade,
In your heart, dead, maybe?"

9. soundman - Mafia Coward (Town Hider) has died

Later that night, in the Mafia Cave. The mafia discussed the results of the night, while dawn was approaching. Plan A had failed but not all was lost, due to an Italian, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With 11 alive, to takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday 9th February @ 1000 GMT.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Ok, it seems that soundman hid behind someone.

So, normally if a hider hides behind mafia, they die. Or if the person they hide behind is killed, they died.

Now, if the first case is true, there would have been 2 deaths, or a roleblock last night, and I don't think that is the case.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

All right from the scene it strongly looks like Soundman hid behind scum last Night, and that the normal mafia kill failed for some reason. The standard reasons for such a kill to fail are : doctor protection, roleblock, or bulletproof. Now, how do we figure out which it was?
DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, it seems that soundman hid behind someone.

So, normally if a hider hides behind mafia, they die. Or if the person they hide behind is killed, they died.

Now, if the first case is true, there would have been 2 deaths, or a roleblock last night, and I don't think that is the case.
What exactly don't you think is the case, and why not?
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 pm

spiesr wrote:All right from the scene it strongly looks like Soundman hid behind scum last Night, and that the normal mafia kill failed for some reason. The standard reasons for such a kill to fail are : doctor protection, roleblock, or bulletproof. Now, how do we figure out which it was?

Has to be a death due to scum hide (Not my guess, but it's valid. No explanation for lack of scum kill then) or target was BP. A doc would keep the hider alive, all actions hit the hider. Roleblock + kill is possible but unlikely. It's complicated and unlikely, and assumes that roleblocks happens before hides, which isn't always the case.

My .02
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm

spiesr wrote:All right from the scene it strongly looks like Soundman hid behind scum last Night, and that the normal mafia kill failed for some reason. The standard reasons for such a kill to fail are : doctor protection, roleblock, or bulletproof. Now, how do we figure out which it was?

Later that night, in the Mafia Cave. The mafia discussed the results of the night, while dawn was approaching. Plan A had failed but not all was lost, due to an Italian, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This implies to me that the mafia had a proactive kill, although on second reading it doesn't seem as clear.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

This implies to me that the mafia had a proactive kill, although on second reading it doesn't seem as clear.

This sounds like the NK failed, however since soundman hid behind scum he died. Thus Plan A "failed" but not all was lost. I'm not sure if I should say who i protected last night though. If I was mafia I would have tried a NK on Neb. (the whole he's lying mistake). We may have quite a few protective roles/ or all protective roles could be out. I honestly don't know what to think. :roll:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Question for the mod:

If there was a save or roleblock or any other action that would directly prevent a kill would it be reflected in the scene?
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Soundman did not die "passivly"

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hider

He was brutally killed with a knife to the heart so this is not just him hiding behind a non town role.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Soundman did not die "passivly"

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hider

He was brutally killed with a knife to the heart so this is not just him hiding behind a non town role.
I think you are reading way too much into the single word "passively" from the wiki entry.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Holy cow! You guys really know how to overanalyze! Keep it simple! He was a hider and hid behind mafia. Done. Let's move on.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby edocsil on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Holy cow! You guys really know how to overanalyze! Keep it simple! He was a hider and hid behind mafia. Done. Let's move on.

No. Unless you have other knowledge you CANNOT know this. Most hiders on CC don't even die on a bad hide...
Edoc'sil

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Holy cow! You guys really know how to overanalyze! Keep it simple! He was a hider and hid behind mafia. Done. Let's move on.

Let's. Who did he hide behind? If we can figure that out, we can figure out who is mafia. Not that we will have 100% from this analysis or anything, it just might help us narrow down the search.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Let's. Who did he hide behind? If we can figure that out, we can figure out who is mafia. Not that we will have 100% from this analysis or anything, it just might help us narrow down the search.

Lol...I did a quick review of his posts to see if he made any indication...and in all 5 of his posts, he made none. So anything we guess at will truly be a guess.

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

This sounds like the NK failed, however since soundman hid behind scum he died. Thus Plan A "failed" but not all was lost. I'm not sure if I should say who i protected last night though. If I was mafia I would have tried a NK on Neb. (the whole he's lying mistake). We may have quite a few protective roles/ or all protective roles could be out. I honestly don't know what to think. :roll:

Ya, I kinda painted a big target on myself, didn't I? I guess our doc protected me then? I know there's a myriad of other options, but I'll stick with the simplest one for now.

The real question is...did anyone get any information last night? Given that we have at least 2 protective roles, do we want them to come out with any information?
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:48 am

Anyone else think it's strange that the mafia didn't even go after the claimed doc? I mean, yeah, WIFOM and all that, but really...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 am

pancakemix wrote:Anyone else think it's strange that the mafia didn't even go after the claimed doc? I mean, yeah, WIFOM and all that, but really...

Doc would be tracked, so no, not really.
Edoc'sil

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:15 am

pancakemix wrote:Anyone else think it's strange that the mafia didn't even go after the claimed doc? I mean, yeah, WIFOM and all that, but really...

Yes, I do. thats why I would like some clarification from the mod regarding the night scenes and whether or not saves/blocks that are directly related to kill attempts would be in the scene.

If soundman hid behind mafia it explains his death but without evidence of a save we can't tell why there was not a mafia kill.

If mafia killed soundman, how did they if he was a hider? perhaps he didn't send an action in? or maybe one of the randomly selected roles for this game interferes with the hiding mechanic in some way, like he had his night action stolen or something, but wouldn't that be in the scene?

fastposted by edoc...

the doc would be tracked or did you mean the doc would be watched? it still doesn't explain why there was no apparent mafia kill (assuming soundman died because he hid behind mafia)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am

thechuck51 wrote:

Yes, I do. thats why I would like some clarification from the mod regarding the night scenes and whether or not saves/blocks that are directly related to kill attempts would be in the scene.

If soundman hid behind mafia it explains his death but without evidence of a save we can't tell why there was not a mafia kill.

If mafia killed soundman, how did they if he was a hider? perhaps he didn't send an action in? or maybe one of the randomly selected roles for this game interferes with the hiding mechanic in some way, like he had his night action stolen or something, but wouldn't that be in the scene?

fastposted by edoc...

the doc would be tracked or did you mean the doc would be watched? it still doesn't explain why there was no apparent mafia kill (assuming soundman died because he hid behind mafia)

Same shit, you are correct. My bad.
Edoc'sil

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:48 am

Ok, I looked up the mechanics. He was from everywhere's Italian mafia. Saf had that role and died because he hid behind scum. Unfortunately, the role PM wasn't listed after the game.

I think that rules out though that my original interpretation was wrong.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, I looked up the mechanics. He was from everywhere's Italian mafia. Saf had that role and died because he hid behind scum. Unfortunately, the role PM wasn't listed after the game.

I think that rules out though that my original interpretation was wrong.

>< it kinda does.
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 am

thechuck51 wrote:Question for the mod:

If there was a save or roleblock or any other action that would directly prevent a kill would it be reflected in the scene?

No.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 am

Do we know that they didn't attempt to?
That said, it would be nice to hear from said doc to see what he knows about the situation.
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 am

jonty125 wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:Question for the mod:

No.

Well there ya go. If there was a save, we have no way of knowing unless someone comes out and tells us.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm

I would like to hear from Hank to see who he "protected"
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives