Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby Hank44Soccer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Prod Received, Unvote
As it stands, I feel that neither side has much of a case
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Checking in.

Doom is either scum, or just stirring the pot.
Spiesr is hiding behind huge D1 posts that mean nothing...scummy.
Hank seems suspicious for his voting...scummy.
Edoc is his usual condescending self.
Greg says he's reading, but isn't contributing jack so far.
Soundman was on vacation.
Iron wasn't checking in?
Rishaed had a lame case against him, and really started posting A LOT. Claimed Body Guard.
Kanin...is he in this game?
The chuck51...minimal contribution.
Me. Replacing a player who was deemed to not need replacing until D2... :?

Ugh...I guess I'll go VOTE Spiesr for now. Why? Doom is too damn outspoken and playing too poorly to be mafia. Hank got thrown in late. Everybody else I can't get a read on. Spiesr however has made it quite clear that he is posting...and posting a lot...of CRAP. I didn't even finish some of his post, because I fell asleep trying to get through the mundane over analyzation of why a body guard is a good guy...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Oh, just fell asleep again thinking about that post...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Edoc is his usual condescending self.

Gota stick to your meta. :twisted:

Nebuchadnezer wrote: Doom is too damn outspoken and playing too poorly to be mafia.

This is pretty serious wifom...

That aside, your comments vs Spi do hold some weight.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 am

unvote
lol yeah im reading and no i haven't seen anything new that is worth mentioning
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 am

DoomYoshi (4) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed; thechuck51;
rishaed (1) - Kanin Usagi;
Hank44Soccer (1) - DoomYoshi;
Spieser (1) - Nebuchadnezer

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand DoomYoshi will be lynched at deadline.

Deadline is Friday 25 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Well, I am not sure what to say here exactly. Making excessively long posts where I go into too much detail trying to explain the entire process about whatever point I am making is something that I tend to do from time to time. As such I don't think it would be that valid to consider it to be a scum tell from me.
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
soundman wrote:I'm back! Unvote. My vote on Rish wasn't a serious vote. Unfortunately votes quickly piled up before I could unvote. IMO Doom is playing to his META and Hank is acting like a noob (is he a noob? I haven't seen him in any other games). Out of the two I'd be more inclined to vote Hank unless he's brand new.

He played before a few games. Probably over a year now.

Then he's not a noob. Vote Hank for being a sheep. I don't think Doom should be the one lynched and Spiesr always makes long boring posts. If we get a believable claim from Hank then I'm for a No Lynch. Don't think we would have time for another person and I don't want to expose a bunch of town on the first day.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Ok, I just checked. He played in my Pokemon Chap, but was replaced. He played Official Team CC, was lynched Day 1, was mafia.

He is currently playing in another game on this site.

So I probably remember him better since I sent him at least a couple of role PMs, and he was my mafia partner in Team CC, but still fairly noob-ish.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Unvote vote Hank As much as I am for lynching Doom, I want a claim from Hank, Hes been posting 1-liners that contribute absolutely nothing, keeping just about every opinion he has to himself, and doesn't even care to defend himself when people are voting him. I would rather keep Doom around b/c he is posting, and is bringing conversation to the table, while hank hasn't really done that.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Hank44Soccer on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:53 pm

rishaed wrote:Unvote vote Hank As much as I am for lynching Doom, I want a claim from Hank, Hes been posting 1-liners that contribute absolutely nothing, keeping just about every opinion he has to himself, and doesn't even care to defend himself when people are voting him. I would rather keep Doom around b/c he is posting, and is bringing conversation to the table, while hank hasn't really done that.

If you want a claim, I'll give you one I am Julia, Town Doctor from C9. I feel like while I don't post often, I still am by no means the least active in the game.
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:
rishaed wrote:Unvote vote Hank As much as I am for lynching Doom, I want a claim from Hank, Hes been posting 1-liners that contribute absolutely nothing, keeping just about every opinion he has to himself, and doesn't even care to defend himself when people are voting him. I would rather keep Doom around b/c he is posting, and is bringing conversation to the table, while hank hasn't really done that.

If you want a claim, I'll give you one I am Julia, Town Doctor from C9. I feel like while I don't post often, I still am by no means the least active in the game.

I'm inclined to believe this. D1 is a mess now. Pegging two protective roles isn't the greatest. Lynching him doesn't exactly make sense, not a claimed Doc. However next time, don't claim so easy, let us bring you to L-2. Defend yourself first, claim as a last resort. If you are the Doc, I would much rather you keep your role a secret than to out yourself so easily. Look at me and Doom, we both had wagon's and I claimed only because I was brought to L-2, Doom still hasn't claimed so, and has stated he would much rather not claim. The things in blue are from earlier. READ why people are accusing you, its why I thought you were scummy. You don't have to post an extreme amount, however Activity is not the only thing to be worried about, its Contribution. As they say we take QUALITY over QUANTITY. I like well thought out posts that clearly, and concisely state what their opinion is, and/or why they are voting. I didn't peg you because you were inactive, its because you weren't saying anything of any meaningful value IMO.
unvote
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

vote Hank, he's lying.

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Ok, I can assume you are either A. Counterclaiming/ B.Scum trying to lynch him. Either way I will know once we lynch him so with that vote Hank

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm

i think it fair to point out that since this game the roles were given out at random, with only a slight adjustment for balance, so it could be possible to have two town doctors,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 pm

logically speaking from the OP yes, it is possible that we could have FOUR Doc's and nothing but Mafia goons, however Neb seems pretty sure that he is lying. I guess I should wait until he says why, but It gives us a good lead on tomorrow in either direction.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Well, crap...there is the randomness of it all...so do we really have a claimed doc and a body guard on day one? Were we that lucky that we happen to pressure two protective roles? I'm willing to test one of the claims. Given that Hank seemed to be the scummier of the two, I'm willing to go with him. If people really want to vote no lynch, let me know, and I'll take my vote off.

If the day were a bit longer we could have a better discussion...but...alas, we picked our noses for last few weeks putting off any decisions until deadline time. Fine. On the off chance Hank could be a doc...unvote

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, crap...there is the randomness of it all...so do we really have a claimed doc and a body guard on day one? Were we that lucky that we happen to pressure two protective roles? I'm willing to test one of the claims. Given that Hank seemed to be the scummier of the two, I'm willing to go with him. If people really want to vote no lynch, let me know, and I'll take my vote off.

If the day were a bit longer we could have a better discussion...but...alas, we picked our noses for last few weeks putting off any decisions until deadline time. Fine. On the off chance Hank could be a doc...unvote
Wait, your previous post sounded very certain on the matter.
Nebuchadnezer wrote: vote Hank, he's lying.
What exactly happened that you were confident enough to declare that he was lying and now you aren't sure? You can't have made that earlier post based solely on there being a claimed bodyguard and doctor, can you? Is there something else?
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 pm

I am more than willing to color=green]unvote[/color] considering that he's not sure. As for lynching a claimed Doc,I'm not in favor of it at all.

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm

unvote

I'm suspicious of hank claiming so quick but I'm reluctant to vote for a claimed doc. We do have to keep in mind however that there are an enormous number of fake claims that scum can use as the chances of them picking another role in this game has got to be some small fraction of a percent. What are the odds of having multiple docs picked out of all the roles from the past year? while possible it seems unlikely.

It seems we've reached a point where a no lynch may be our best option to prevent us from exposing a potential 3rd power role
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, crap...there is the randomness of it all...so do we really have a claimed doc and a body guard on day one? Were we that lucky that we happen to pressure two protective roles? I'm willing to test one of the claims. Given that Hank seemed to be the scummier of the two, I'm willing to go with him. If people really want to vote no lynch, let me know, and I'll take my vote off.

Wait, your previous post sounded very certain on the matter.
What exactly happened that you were confident enough to declare that he was lying and now you aren't sure? You can't have made that earlier post based solely on there being a claimed bodyguard and doctor, can you? Is there something else?

Well, if I had to be pushed, I would vote for Hank. Claiming Doc was his only option...and since every role was given to us, he just has to pick a doc out of the hat and he's set. It's an easy out for mafia...I'll just trust that somebody can look at him tonight to either confirm or refute his claim.

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 pm

rishaed wrote:I am more than willing to unvote considering that he's not sure. As for lynching a claimed Doc,I'm not in favor of it at all.

EBWOP

Another thing. . . speisr you sound like you are fishing for information. Me and Hank have claimed so why the rush? It just makes things harder for me tonight. Either A. picking the right person. B. getting NK'd (thats the easy part).
Now If I had a confirmed Doc, and 3 players left, I would have a way to figure out who was mafia, however we have 12 players and more than one Mafia so it won't work. As things are vote NL. I probably won't be on all that much tomorrow. :!:

Postby Hank44Soccer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 am

Why so certain?
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am

Hank44Soccer wrote:

Why so certain?

Did you really just not read, like, the whole page?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 am

unvote vote no lynch

Damn, neb, i thought you had something. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, people might think we are multis.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 am

No Lynch (2) - rishaed; DoomYoshi
DoomYoshi (2) - spiesr; edocsil;
rishaed (1) - Kanin Usagi;
Hank44Soccer (1) - soundman;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a No Lynch will be enforced at deadline.

Deadline is Friday 25 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives