Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (7/12) Day Four

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 am

First off a quick FOS on Edoc, Why would you vote chuck? Hes basically a confirmed townie, and I will say he is a confirmed townie. I got his busdrive gift last night ( as he said), looked up the character role from Rolegift Mafia and it is indeed a town role. I want a slight explanation for that. That being said, if we have a roleblocker right about now is the time to come out with who you blocked.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 am

Date Masamune, Pokemon Chapter 2, Town Roleblocker. Night 1 DoomYoshi, Night 2 pancakemix, Night 3 edocsil.
Now, did your busdrive have an effect on this or will edocsil be our number one target?

If you just look at the first page of that game thread it lists my character as a Mafia Roleblocker, this confused me at first. However, if you actually go to where the role pms were posted you can see it is was a Town Roleblocker who got recruited part way through that game.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

No, I bussed PCM and Chuck, so my busdrive had no effect on it. I am assuming that since Hank was our doc, we can count out me protecting the wrong person so with that vote Edoc
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 pm

rishaed wrote:No, I bussed PCM and Chuck, so my busdrive had no effect on it. I am assuming that since Hank was our doc, we can count out me protecting the NK'd person so with that vote Edoc

EBWOP
I must say that that by Occams razor you probably stopped the N1 Kill.

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm

First, wasn't aware alignments had been carried over. Mea culpa.

Second, Vote Spiesr

Date Masamune, Pokemon Chapter 2, Town Roleblocker.

[*]strike wolfDate Masamune, Mafia Roleblocker frozen Day 3

All alignments have been carried over
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:07 pm

i agree that evidence points towards edoc, but since it takes 4 to lynch ill withhold voting, till more have spoken up, and edoc has a chance to respond
fastposted by pancake, and pancake
spiesr wrote:Date Masamune, Pokemon Chapter 2, Town Roleblocker. Night 1 DoomYoshi, Night 2 pancakemix, Night 3 edocsil.
Now, did your busdrive have an effect on this or will edocsil be our number one target?

If you just look at the first page of that game thread it lists my character as a Mafia Roleblocker, this confused me at first. However, if you actually go to where the role pms were posted you can see it is was a Town Roleblocker who got recruited part way through that game.

DoomYoshi wrote:DoomYoshi wrote:
You are Date Masamune, Town Roleblocker.

Your helmet is an icon and was the inspiration behind Darth Vader's helmet. During your life you were known as the One-Eyed Dragon. You are the Daimyo of Tohuko.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
Sergeant 1st Class gregwolf121

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 pm

I was gonna say, that seemed rather boneheaded.

Unvote
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby edocsil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Few things, no claimed game or name, unless I really misunderstand something. Just gifter, which is the only thing confirmed. I find this lack of transparency to be suspicious at best . If you want to see why I originally thought he was scum you can look at yesterday just as easily as I can. I don't believe in NL's D3, and I did not see another better person to lynch.

As far as the RB goes, I have no defense. I assume I will be forced to claim, although I wont do it until I'm actually concerned about being lynched. The only thing I have to say is don't assume this game is balanced. We could just as easily have killed all the scum, have a arsonist, a cult, or just two docs/a bullet proof.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:16 pm

rishaed wrote:I must say that that by Occams razor you probably stopped the N1 Kill.
Which is why I supported lynching Doom Yoshi Day 2 even though I couldn't give a good reason.
edocsil wrote:Few things, no claimed game or name, unless I really misunderstand something. Just gifter, which is the only thing confirmed. I find this lack of transparency to be suspicious at best . If you want to see why I originally thought he was scum you can look at yesterday just as easily as I can. I don't believe in NL's D3, and I did not see another better person to lynch.
He had mentioned the game when he was asked. That game had no "characters" for him to claim one. I am pretty sure that what he had on chuck yesterday constituted definitive proof that he was town. (Unless you seriously thought that Nebuchadnezer and I were both his scum mates.) A no lynch on Day 3 is certainly a lame prospect, but lynching a proven Town is surely worse right?
thechuck51 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:what mafia game does your role come from,
and do others want me to claim along with spiesr?
Role gift mafia 2
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 pm

vote edoc

you were blocked, there was no kill... seems pretty straight forward
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby edocsil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:20 pm

spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:I must say that that by Occams razor you probably stopped the N1 Kill.
Which is why I supported lynching Doom Yoshi Day 2 even though I couldn't give a good reason.
edocsil wrote:Few things, no claimed game or name, unless I really misunderstand something. Just gifter, which is the only thing confirmed. I find this lack of transparency to be suspicious at best . If you want to see why I originally thought he was scum you can look at yesterday just as easily as I can. I don't believe in NL's D3, and I did not see another better person to lynch.
He had mentioned the game when he was asked. That game had no "characters" for him to claim one. I am pretty sure that what he had on chuck yesterday constituted definitive proof that he was town. (Unless you seriously thought that Nebuchadnezer and I were both his scum mates.) A no lynch on Day 3 is certainly a lame prospect, but lynching a proven Town is surely worse right?
thechuck51 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:what mafia game does your role come from,
and do others want me to claim along with spiesr?
Role gift mafia 2

Mmm. Looks like I misunderstood how rolegift worked. I was under the impression that the gifts did random things, not that each gift was unique to each gifter. If you couldn't tell I hadn't read the last few pages very closely.

Also, nice omgus there chuck. Still, like I said, to be expected.
Edoc'sil

Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm

edocsil wrote:Also, nice omgus there chuck. Still, like I said, to be expected.

call it OMGUS if you want but after I claimed two people verified my gift giving and you still thought I was the best option for a lynch. So yeah, I found that pretty scummy. That combined with you being blocked and there being no night kill, so as you said
edocsil wrote:I did not (don't) see another better person to lynch.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Okay, recap:

Players

2. rishaed - claimed bodyguard; protected edoc N1, hasn't told us who he protected any other night.
5. edocsil - no claim; was roleblocked N3
6. gregwolf121 - no claim
7. pancakemix - no claim
8. crazymilkshake5 replaced by Nebuchadnezer - no claim
10. spieser - no claim
11. thechuck51 - Claimed town busdrive gifter; N1 gifted Neb (bussed edoc and Neb); N2 gifter spiesr (don't know who he bussed); N3 gifted rishaed (bussed pancake and chuck)

Dead
9. soundman - Mafia Coward (Town Hider) died N1
12. vodean replaced by Hank44Soccer - Julia (Town Doctor) modkilled D2; protected rishaed N1
1. DoomYoshi - Snuffleagpus (Mafia Goon) lynched D2
3. Iron Butterfly - The Keymaker (Vanilla Townie) died N2
4. Kanin Usagi - Khelcius Xor (Town Watchkeeper) modkilled D3 - no idea who he watched?

So, here are the holes I have:

1. rishaed - who did you protect N2 and N3?
2. spiesr - who did you busdrive N2?
3. Edoc - your reasons on Chuck were pretty shallow, don't you think? Do you still support his lynch?

While edoc seems an easy target, I'm quite sure there are other possibilities at play here...so I'd like to read answers to my questions...

Neb
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Postby edocsil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:32 pm

In retrospect? No, I thought I was making a good choice at the time, and had skimmed too heavily to know any better for the last day or so of the "day"
Edoc'sil

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 pm

show

I already told you N2, or did you forget about that, Speisr has claimed, and for previously stated reasons, N3 actions from me are not going to be forthcoming. There fixed. . . I called you scummy for asking the first time, don't you remember that??? :roll:

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am

Vote Count
edocsil (2) - rishaed; thechuck51

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch, deadline is Thursday 14 March @ 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm

One point on the list: Kanin was a Watchmaker, not a Watchkeeper. Went and looked into that role.

show

I'm inclined to vote edoc, but I'll not jump the gun and vote him yet being that we are in potentially dangerous territory.
Epic Win

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

pancakemix wrote:One point on the list: Kanin was a Watchmaker, not a Watchkeeper. Went and looked into that role.

show

I'm inclined to vote edoc, but I'll not jump the gun and vote him yet being that we are in potentially dangerous territory.
I have to wonder if that role might have been modified for this game for some reason. The only person to have claimed to have had any watcher or tracker action was Kanin Usagi himself.

Edos'sil, if you have anything you would like to say before you are at L-1 I suggest that you do so now. Tomorrow I will put you at that point unless something changes my mind.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 pm

I will confirm Kanin is the original role. I got a tracker action N2, but was in a rush to put my action in that night that I completely forgot about it. I was going to call BS if Kanin claimed he had recieved a gift that night. But since Kanin got himself MK'd I figured it wasn't relevant anymore, and until I found out that he was my "Gifter" I was waiting to see if someone else claimed to gift ppl.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:15 pm

rishaed wrote:I will confirm Kanin is the original role. I got a tracker action N2, but was in a rush to put my action in that night that I completely forgot about it. I was going to call BS if Kanin claimed he had recieved a gift that night. But since Kanin got himself MK'd I figured it wasn't relevant anymore, and until I found out that he was my "Gifter" I was waiting to see if someone else claimed to gift ppl.

Well, I got the Tracker gift to use last night. (I actually received it N2 to use N3). And glory be, I tracked Edoc. What a waste. Nothing like scum play to attract all the attention of the power roles. Sure enough, he visited nobody last night. :(

Rishaed. Edoc was at one point on your "almost guaranteed" town list earlier. Has his recent play erased that feeling for you?

Edoc. L-2. Claim. I am fully expecting a VT claim...

Once we have that claim, then we can figure out what to do. That will leave only 3 of us unclaimed at that point.

Neb
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, I got the Tracker gift to use last night. (I actually received it N2 to use N3). And glory be, I tracked Edoc. What a waste. Nothing like scum play to attract all the attention of the power roles. Sure enough, he visited nobody last night. :(

Rishaed. Edoc was at one point on your "almost guaranteed" town list earlier. Has his recent play erased that feeling for you?

Once we have that claim, then we can figure out what to do. That will leave only 3 of us unclaimed at that point.

Neb

why would you point reveal this info now instead of waiting until after he claimed? you know so, assuming you are telling the truth, you could catch him in a lie if he fake claimed some sort of PR instead of throwing up a giant billboard that says "EDOC, CLAIM VT!!!!"

you are "fully expecting a VT claim". no kidding :roll:

you are claiming an action that cannot be verified and this reeks of one scum trying to protect another. FOS Neb

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Gut feeling, goes with Edoc is experienced enough of a player, that I expect that he wouldn't make such an obvious slip in a 24hr run off period. However I'm still leaning town on Edoc, maybe not as much though. It goes without saying that I feel that a claim is in order.
Minor note: Don't forget he was RB'd so the tracker action proves nothing.

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Minor FOS on Neb coming out with the tracker action for a defense/action is useless.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, I got the Tracker gift to use last night. (I actually received it N2 to use N3). And glory be, I tracked Edoc. What a waste. Nothing like scum play to attract all the attention of the power roles. Sure enough, he visited nobody last night. :(

Neb

why would you point reveal this info now instead of waiting until after he claimed? you know so, assuming you are telling the truth, you could catch him in a lie if he fake claimed some sort of PR instead of throwing up a giant billboard that says "EDOC, CLAIM VT!!!!"

you are "fully expecting a VT claim". no kidding :roll:

you are claiming an action that cannot be verified and this reeks of one scum trying to protect another. FOS Neb

What did you think I would catch Edoc claiming? That he was a cop and got a "guilty" result last night? Come on, Chuck, pay attention. Spiesr already claimed roleblocking Edoc. My information confirms that Edoc didn't go anywhere, and that Spiesr's claim and action are believable. I have no idea how you make a connection that I would be scum trying to protect him.

rishaed wrote:Minor FOS on Neb coming out with the tracker action for a defense/action is useless.

So, I shouldn't be forthcoming with information? My tracking confirms that Spiesr's claim of roleblocking is plausible. Not 100%, but nothing is out of place based on ALL the information we have. I wouldn't call it useless.

Holy cow, I thought sharing all the information we have was a good thing!
Captain Nebuchadnezer

General Achievement (2)

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Fair enough Neb, when I read your post I wasn't doing it with the fact that Edoc was blocked in mind. However, rereading it now, it takes on a different context (if that is the right term). so unFOS

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives