Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Lol, full of shit waggon is full of shit. By the way, this post is going to be largely explicit, I am NOT impressed right now.


You guys are fucking retarded. Rish said that inactives shouldn't be inactive, and by extent said we can do better then hang the inactive due to his prior vote. HOLY SHIT, Kill the man!

Here is his "bandwagon"
rishaed wrote:vote Doom he must be the mafia whose going to bring Doooooooom on all of us.

6 motherfucking hours after the game started. What the f*ck.

After I and another vote doom, doom calls out Rish for "bandwagoning" and is met with this.

rishaed wrote:For my Townie Defense I have this. . .

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...

As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)


Solid vote, Doom's logic has been 100% bullshit so far and people are just following him around for some reason I can't really fathom.

Lets take a break from Doom for a sec.

pancakemix wrote:I actually meant to vote rish in my last post. Vote Rish

That puts you at -2. Claiming is advisable.

FOS Hank for seemingly bandwagoning/skimming.

I mean come on man. Your one of the fucking nominees. You force a claim for THIS? I know you aren't reading this much, you got prodded with me too, you just jumped on the current fucking wagon. Shame on you. If I were a vig I would peg you tonight without question.

Back now to Doom. Your logic as I said has been awful. There isn't much of an excuse for your lynch vode case, you knew the holes were there, you we just setting up a witch hunt and you know it. Now for your more successful Rish case. As I have mentioned it was on some damn shaky ground to begin with with OMGUS and the lack of any real reasoning behind the case, and look you pegged a protector with your asinine wagon. Good job. Your buddies will thank you for it, less so if they backed you on that wagon and exposed themselves as well.

As for why being illogical and wrong is scummy.
DoomYoshi wrote:Edoc: why are poor leaps of logic scummy, again?

I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

For those who won't read my wall, Lynch Doom, he is scum.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby Hank44Soccer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm

rishaed wrote:For my Townie Defense I have this. . .
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=183503&start=30#p4022651]jokevote]
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)


I voted for him, because, he's throwing out accusations, and the Big All caps text, seems over the top. I don't know why he's calling Doom Yoshi a scum , he hasn't done anything suspicious. I don't know what to think about his claim, it may or may not be true. I don't know what to think yet, but I do know, that he was getting really excited over nothing.
User avatar
Cook Hank44Soccer
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:51 pm

edocsil wrote:I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

For those who won't read my wall, Lynch Doom, he is scum.


I didn't intentionally misdirect town. I was just being proactive in building cases. You will note the very first post of the day was a case by me. The vote on rish, I have already explained. The wagon that followed me is because he directly did look like he was squirming. Yes, the wagon sucks, if he is the bodyguard. Other than me, who do you think is most likely to be scum on it? I am trying to bring everyone into the game instead of it just being me and rish.

Anyways, for future reference rishaed, when you are protective (if you actually are), try and lay low. That means no all-caps walls of text ;)
show
User avatar
Corporal DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

For those who won't read my wall, Lynch Doom, he is scum.


I didn't intentionally misdirect town. I was just being proactive in building cases. You will note the very first post of the day was a case by me. The vote on rish, I have already explained. The wagon that followed me is because he directly did look like he was squirming. Yes, the wagon sucks, if he is the bodyguard. Other than me, who do you think is most likely to be scum on it? I am trying to bring everyone into the game instead of it just being me and rish.

Anyways, for future reference rishaed, when you are protective (if you actually are), try and lay low. That means no all-caps walls of text ;)


Let's think. I seem to recall saying I would vig PCM if I could :?
Proactive just screams scum if you are wrong, building straw arguments, or other weak cases. First has no meaning, being RIGHT has meaning. You are throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. This is not townish in any remote way, it's just distracting.

Hank44Soccer wrote:I voted for him, because, he's throwing out accusations, and the Big All caps text, seems over the top. I don't know why he's calling Doom Yoshi a scum , he hasn't done anything suspicious. I don't know what to think about his claim, it may or may not be true. I don't know what to think yet, but I do know, that he was getting really excited over nothing.


A few things.

Explain how Larger text is scummy, it's for making a point in long walls. Most noobs don't read the walls so making something STAND OUT emphasizes important sections and ensures conclusions are read.
Also explain how he is throwing accusations. So far he has called one person scum this entire game. (less than me)
Please do not simply repeat things that Doom has said, you only make yourself look foolish.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:I mean, shit, you actually asked this? Misdirecting the town? Wasting our 2 week window on total shit cases? Making a big fucking mess with both lynch the inactive with a side of META and a sucker vote at Rish? this isn't hard, you should know the answer to this and others should have pounced on this as well. (Looking at you again PCM)

For those who won't read my wall, Lynch Doom, he is scum.


I didn't intentionally misdirect town. I was just being proactive in building cases. You will note the very first post of the day was a case by me. The vote on rish, I have already explained. The wagon that followed me is because he directly did look like he was squirming. Yes, the wagon sucks, if he is the bodyguard. Other than me, who do you think is most likely to be scum on it? I am trying to bring everyone into the game instead of it just being me and rish.

Anyways, for future reference rishaed, when you are protective (if you actually are), try and lay low. That means no all-caps walls of text ;)

Wait, what???!! I wanted to Emphasize the fact that it was indeed a serious vote and not like my joke vote earlier. The ONLY CAPS IN THE ENTIRE PARAGRAPH ARE THINGS I WANTED TO EMPHASIZE. BUT SEEING AS IT MUST BE OPPOSITE DAY, THEN I WILL START WRITING IN ALL CAPS TO SATISFY YOUR "ALL CAPS WALLS OF TEXT." SO I FIND YOU AND HANK ARE REALLY GOOD LYNCH TARGETS TODAY! I DON'T MIND THE WALL OF TEXT PART, BUT THE ALL CAPS PART IS COMPLETE bs AND YOU KNOW IT. :evil: :evil:
AND I KNOW COLOR AND BOLD WORKS AS WELL, BUT DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHAT KIND OF WAY I USE TO EMPHASIZE THINGS???!!! PLUS I USE COLOR AND BOLD FOR VOTING PURPOSES SO THAT THE MOD DOESN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT. HANK I DON'T KNOW ABOUT, BUT YOU ARE EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING RIGHT NOW IS bs.

As for the lying low, I really didn't have a choice. If you seem to remember I was being proactive, and thus hiding in plain sight. You even admitted it was fully on faulty logic, so Hank and PCM have even more scummyness attached to them for skimming/ forcing a claim on a crap/faulty case.
So my top 3 would be right now.
Doom
Hank
PCM
Hank and his one line votes aren't really helping either.
fp'd by about just what im going to say. . . by edoc.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 am

hello, and no doom no questions needed, and i am trying to be a more active poster, but what i usually like to do is observe and post when i think something needs pointed out, if someone hasn't already done so, but as this habit has gotten me lynched before im trying to overcome it.

on another note i think i have been confusing this with community mafia.

but i would have to agree with edoc and rishaed here doom you do seem a bit scummy, either that or you are trying to get something out of today, its hard to tell

i say this because at the start of today you came out with this vote on vodean, an innactive,
DoomYoshi wrote:Vote vodean

A) major scummarine
B) he hasn't been on since before jonty sent out the PMs, but jonty didn't notice the pm was in his box, which means at least one other player got that pm.... Which means he is probably mafia.


and when this failed you switched targets from vodean to rishaed,

DoomYoshi wrote:
Anyways, I generally agree with those situations. It wasn't a stab in the dark, I interpreted what jonty said as being unusual considering the timestamp on vodean's last visit. I interpreted this to mean only one thing - his pm was opened with another player. Since nobody else agrees with that interpretation, I am willing to drop it, but if hank flips scum later I will ROFL.

Now, to the real meat of the question:

You want to target somebody who brings an inactive case (which was the smaller aspect of my case, I wouldn't honestly support a lynch on somebody for not confirming, you can check my meta for that). So, why not vote for the player who a)didn't notice the replacement and then started an inactive case or b) the player who blindly followed that case.

Spiesr, I don't want to pick on you, so:

Edoc: why are poor leaps of logic scummy, again?
rishaed: that's a double bandwagon on your part (me and then soundman)...

vote rishaed


and after rishaed claims you drop that attack and from this next post it would seem to me that you are shifting your target to hank, who just happened to be the replacement of vodean
DoomYoshi wrote:unvote

Hank, other than your irony in voting, what are you going to bring to the game?

Greg... there is no time like the present lol. Do you want someone to ask you specific questions so you can get involved?


so i would have to say that this is a scum trying to find town members roles, or you are simply trying way to hard to form a case on day 1
im undecided atm so ill wait before casting my vote
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class gregwolf121
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: right behind you
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am

rishaed (4) - soundman; Kanin Usagi; Hank44Soccer; pancakemix
DoomYoshi (3) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed;
Kanin Usagi (1) - crazymilkshake5
soundman (1) - thechuck51;


With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
rishaed wrote:
rishaed wrote:For my Townie Defense I have this. . .
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...
jokevote
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)

EWBOP


Hmmm, so I did misrepresent you. I apologize for that. I looked at jonty's votecount, and you were the second name listed on my wagon, so I assumed incorrectly that you BW'ed.

Then when you said "I support this wagon", in my mind it registers as "support=vote".

However, switching the focus back to me isn't the way to clear the most egregious aspects of the case on you:
what are you trying to pull by "supporting" a wagon by not voting for it? What is the difference in your mind?

rishaed wrote:Sure I support it but I don't feel that it is worth my vote, especially b/c it's D1 and I usually never strongly support a lynch D1. I just don't like mislyching ppl in this game. Maybe it'd look less scummy if I actually voted him, you are calling me scummy for BW'ing so it irrelevant at this point.


rishaed wrote:
rishaed wrote:For my Townie Defense I have this. . .
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...
jokevote
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)

EWBOP


Secondly, what changed between these two posts? In one, you seemed to not care too much about my case on you. In the second, you pulled out all the stops on my admittedly frivolous case. I hadn't posted in the meantime, so the only thing that changed was 2 extra votes on you. This is pretty textbook "squirming under pressure OMGUS".

I just wanted to note this. . . he ONLY unvotes AFTER I claim even though his case is frivolous ie. has no basis, no foundation, no facts backing it up. At this point, A. I would unvote. B. I would go somewhere else, but he waits until I claim to unvote which is highly scummy in my opinion of the matter, bringing me to L-2 with the entire BW'ing/skimming. I have a right to defend myself, by all means I would view "squirming under pressure" as claiming early to avoid going to L-2, not making a well thought out defense. Shame on all of you if you let him live today. Because If he's not scum he's helping them out tremendously, which is only a hinderance to townies looking for scum.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 pm

The reason I didn't unvote is because of your behavior after the case. Yes, my initial case was poor. However, your reaction to the case was even poorer, which caused the vote to stay where it is. I can understand why you are frustrated right now, and I am pretty pissed that you ended up being a bodyguard. However, venge-lynching me won't help anything.

Hank, if I haven't "done anything suspicious" as you claim, then why is edoc voting for me?
show
User avatar
Corporal DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm

rishaed wrote:Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?
So, how do we evaluate the authenticity of a claim in this game, we there is a finite but vast number of potential fake-claims available? We don't a have record of actions to compare it against yet. I suppose that as a Bodyguard we can just wait and see if he dies. (Since unless he gets blocked he should find a bullet to jump in front of within a few days.) The flip side to that is how long can we wait before deciding that it was fake? With only 12 players we won't likely have a lot of Days at our disposal.
What does everybody else think?
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 pm

crazymilkshake5 has been prodded. AGAIN!
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?
So, how do we evaluate the authenticity of a claim in this game, we there is a finite but vast number of potential fake-claims available? We don't a have record of actions to compare it against yet. I suppose that as a Bodyguard we can just wait and see if he dies. (Since unless he gets blocked he should find a bullet to jump in front of within a few days.) The flip side to that is how long can we wait before deciding that it was fake? With only 12 players we won't likely have a lot of Days at our disposal.
What does everybody else think?


I say play it by ear. Definitely not a good D1 lynch target, and probably not a good D2 target either, but D3/4 we will start looking at it.
show
User avatar
Corporal DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?
So, how do we evaluate the authenticity of a claim in this game, we there is a finite but vast number of potential fake-claims available? We don't a have record of actions to compare it against yet. I suppose that as a Bodyguard we can just wait and see if he dies. (Since unless he gets blocked he should find a bullet to jump in front of within a few days.) The flip side to that is how long can we wait before deciding that it was fake? With only 12 players we won't likely have a lot of Days at our disposal.
What does everybody else think?


I say play it by ear. Definitely not a good D1 lynch target, and probably not a good D2 target either, but D3/4 we will start looking at it.

Its authentic. I'm probably going to get NK'd tonight so Imma gonna throw out a few thoughts. 1st. I wouldn't choose Bodyguard as a fakeclaim in this game. There are alot more interesting and flavor roles I would be drawn to instead. and with 300+ roles from to choose from, I couldn't really go wrong. It would be my misfortune to actually Fakeclaim one of the 12 roles in this game :lol: :lol: In which case I fail as scum and deserve to be lynched. :roll: Now apart from that Massclaims won't work in this game. . . The more roles that are claimed the more options scum has to choose from Ex. We might have 3 scum. I have claimed so the chances of hitting one of the nine townie roles are 8/379 apprx. (Usually 1/3 of roles in a standard Mafia game are scum so 583- 1/3*583 -4(I have claimed so 1 less unknown role and assuming 3 Scum roles)). This is from 9/380ish Chances of fakeclaiming wrong just went from 2.3%ish to 2.1%ish. Now if it were me I'd take these odds any day and claim tracker, watcher, doc, cop (If I'm mafia i can't go wrong. . .)the Counterbodyguard from CYOC to name a few. Not a bodyguard which will eventually die from a NK/protecting someone. Now If I know that someone is a doc, thats great. But I might just as likely be protecting a VT. Course I'd be laughing if we ended up with three Doc's in this game :lol: :lol:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:32 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The reason I didn't unvote is because of your behavior after the case. Yes, my initial case was poor. However, your reaction to the case was even poorer, which caused the vote to stay where it is. I can understand why you are frustrated right now, and I am pretty pissed that you ended up being a bodyguard. However, venge-lynching me won't help anything.

Hank, if I haven't "done anything suspicious" as you claim, then why is edoc voting for me?

Sorry for the double post, buuut. . . You had a case? On me? When was that? Oh you mean that thing based on made up facts :roll: :lol: :lol: and when I go and disprove that case in under a paragraph :o you say I overreact? I had solid reasons to vote you, I needed my vote to stand out because I had a joke vote on you that I hadn't taken off, thus distinguishing it from the other vote. You say it was Poor???!! it was nonexistant, like my vote on Hank right now. And like I said elsewhere I don't lynch/kill ppl because of poor cases. I mean if you had anything that was actually existant I probably would have addressed it and moved on. As I tried to do before I noticed the inconsistencies. I mean you got no BW'ing, no OMGUS votes, not even that "squirming under pressure" that you talked about. I actually built a counter-case from your "case" on me :ugeek: . I'll get frustrated if you guys lynch me today. :|
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:The reason I didn't unvote is because of your behavior after the case. Yes, my initial case was poor. However, your reaction to the case was even poorer, which caused the vote to stay where it is. I can understand why you are frustrated right now, and I am pretty pissed that you ended up being a bodyguard. However, venge-lynching me won't help anything.

Hank, if I haven't "done anything suspicious" as you claim, then why is edoc voting for me?

Sorry for the double post, buuut. . . You had a case? On me? When was that? Oh you mean that thing based on made up facts :roll: :lol: :lol: and when I go and disprove that case in under a paragraph :o you say I overreact? I had solid reasons to vote you, I needed my vote to stand out because I had a joke vote on you that I hadn't taken off, thus distinguishing it from the other vote. You say it was Poor???!! it was nonexistant, like my vote on Hank right now. And like I said elsewhere I don't lynch/kill ppl because of poor cases. I mean if you had anything that was actually existant I probably would have addressed it and moved on. As I tried to do before I noticed the inconsistencies. I mean you got no BW'ing, no OMGUS votes, not even that "squirming under pressure" that you talked about. I actually built a counter-case from your "case" on me :ugeek: . I'll get frustrated if you guys lynch me today. :|

EBWOP, I will admit that I'm venting a bit though :) I mean you guys jump on a wagon thats about to fall apart and yet won't go after Doom, who has effectively has a skeleton in the closet or has kicked up enough dust that nobody can see anything important :-s :-s I don't really understand your guys logic 8-[
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 am

53 hours to deadline.

Prods sent to:
Iron Butterfly
Kanin Usagi
pancakemix
thechuck51

If I find a replacement before D2, they will replace crazymilkshake5 if not, his role will be modkilled.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 am

Prod received

unvote vote doom

As edoc said that was a weak wagon and I think there is enough time left in the day to get a claim out of doom.

I am still suspicious of soundman. He has posted once since confirm and it was to jump on the rish bandwagon. Major scumarining on his part.
Image
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am
Location: South Jersey
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:11 am

thechuck51 wrote:He [soundman]has posted once since confirm and it was to jump on the rish bandwagon.


I'm giving soundman until Tuesday to show his face, he has posted in the Vacation Thread.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 am

I mean come on man. Your one of the fucking nominees. You force a claim for THIS? I know you aren't reading this much, you got prodded with me too, you just jumped on the current fucking wagon. Shame on you. If I were a vig I would peg you tonight without question.


Dude, it's Day 1. I KNOW it's not a good case. We need info, we got some. No reason to get testy.

You have also proven that you are not the one reading at all. Let's look:

I mean come on man. Your one of the fucking nominees. You force a claim for THIS? I know you aren't reading this much, you got prodded with me too, you just jumped on the current fucking wagon. Shame on you. If I were a vig I would peg you tonight without question.


See, you're saying that I'm voting him for "bandwagoning" . That's not true, and I will acknowledge he didn't do that. For my reasoning you have to look at my prior post, which you neglected to do:

That said, I know I've been in favor of pursuing cases but not actually willing to put my vote on them, mainly because I wanted to see them develop. But it's D1, early D1 at that. I don't see the point of supporting a case and not actually putting a vote there at this point, at least not without good reason.


In other words, if he thinks there's anything to it, he should put his vote there. It's Day, what's there to lose? And by the nature of my own case, I kinda have to put my vote on him, don't I?

Now, if you had been carefully reading as you claim I have not been, you would know that that's what my case is based on, but instead you saw a lone vote hanging in the wilderness with no case attached and flipped out.

Now, given the claim, I will Unvote, but I think that me and to some extent Doom are being misconstrued.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7865
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: An old abandoned cabin in the woods
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

thechuck51 wrote:Prod received

unvote vote doom

As edoc said that was a weak wagon and I think there is enough time left in the day to get a claim out of doom.

I am still suspicious of soundman. He has posted once since confirm and it was to jump on the rish bandwagon. Major scumarining on his part.

I think we've had enough day one claims. We already may lose a bodyguard because of it.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:I think we've had enough day one claims. We already may lose a bodyguard because of it.
Not sure what you mean by "lose a bodyguard." A bodyguard played properly is going to die eventually, being that the point of the vanilla bodyguard ability is to sacrifice yourself to prolong the life of someone more important. Accordingly if the mafia end up killing a bodyguard because the person claimed it isn't a total loss. By soaking up that nightkill the bodyguard is still fulfilling his purpose of preventing other town players from being killed, sub-optimally but not an entirely wasted death.
Now, if the scum have have a roleblocker they can use that to prevent the bodyguard from actually doing anything. This scenario is certainly undesirable as it allows the scum to bypass a town protective role, but the bodyguard isn't really "lost," just reduced to a VT for the duration of the scum roleblocker targeting him.
rishaed wrote:
show
Well scum will want to choose they fakeclaims based on what helps them win the most rather than what sounds most interesting. Normally this is going to be whatever they feel will give them the best chance of surviving as long as possible. As such, scum are going to want roles which are hard to disprove. Either something which doesn't leave any traces that can be detected and/or information that can be proven false, or something that that can fake using whatever powers they have as scum. So picking anything too powerful may be a poor choice, as eventually the lack of evidence will become apparent.
Where does a vanilla bodyguard claim fit into all of this? It promises to eventually provide proof in the bodyguard's nearly inevitable death. However given the sometimes difficult task of predicting night kill targets that proof can somewhat reasonably take a long time to show up. In respect to any watcher/tracker activity, the bodyguard obviously should not be seen visiting anybody who dies (barring Ninjas and whatnot). Visiting someone else (IE using some other scum power) is reasonable.
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm

jonty125 wrote:If I find a replacement before D2, they will replace crazymilkshake5 if not, his role will be modkilled.


Everyone jumped down my throat for my interpretation of jonty's first post of the idea. Anyone else wanna handle the interpretation of this? Is this a VT sign?
show
User avatar
Corporal DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby edocsil on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:If I find a replacement before D2, they will replace crazymilkshake5 if not, his role will be modkilled.


Everyone jumped down my throat for my interpretation of jonty's first post of the idea. Anyone else wanna handle the interpretation of this? Is this a VT sign?

Safe to assume the role isn't totally groundbreaking. Jonty wouldn't just MK the town cop. Maybe not VT, but not high power IMO.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm

I have to agree w/ edoc's opinion. I mean he wouldn't be MK'ing the Godfather, unless the game had so many OP roles that it didn't matter anyways. I would like a claim from Doom (at this point a lynch would be okay by me as well), however since it seems like that isn't going anywhere right now, for sake of progress I will try to consider other suspects before I die.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 am

DoomYoshi (4) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed; thechuck51;
rishaed (3) - soundman; Kanin Usagi; Hank44Soccer;
Kanin Usagi (1) - crazymilkshake5



With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login